Manchester City

mrbojangles

Yes but we still have Van Der Vaart and Defoe's alright on his day. My biggest concern would be Ledley King's availability to play.

We won't pay Adebayor's wages. Not even worried about Lennon playing, given the way Walker is coming on....crosses from the right....a rarity in recent years!

Thing is Lennon on the right creates a nice balance, good width and gives us three very fast wings if you include Walker and monkey boy. It will work especially well with Sandro and Parker holding the midfield. I wonder what Harry thinks? biggrin.png

Yes but we still have Van Der Vaart and Defoe's alright on his day. My biggest concern would be Ledley King's availability to play.

We won't pay Adebayor's wages. Not even worried about Lennon playing, given the way Walker is coming on....crosses from the right....a rarity in recent years!

Thing is Lennon on the right creates a nice balance, good width and gives us three very fast wings if you include Walker and monkey boy. It will work especially well with Sandro and Parker holding the midfield. I wonder what Harry thinks? biggrin.png

You'd prefer to sacrifice VDV then?

You'd prefer to sacrifice VDV then?

We've sort of hijacked their thread so better make this the last and go back to ours.

Its ok Carmine the club got hijacked so they are used to it.cowboy.gif

Is the Cowboy hat reference to your owners

post-19542-0-56874800-1325071848.jpg

I hate you all. Are you regretting the loan deal yet mrboj? clap2.gif

No smokes. It's a bit like giving a gun to your mate, to help shoot your enemies. And then taking it off him when you want to shoot him laugh.png

I think Mancini is right on this one. From skysports:-

Mancini bemoans fixture list

Roberto Mancini is disappointed Manchester City will have less time to prepare for next week's game against Liverpool than their opponents.

The Premier League leaders entertain Liverpoolspacer.gif next Tuesday, just over 48 hours after City have visited Sunderlandspacer.gif on New Year's Day. In contrast, Kenny Dalglish'sspacer.gif side meet Newcastlespacer.gif United on Friday and will have an extra two days to rest before the clash at the Etihad Stadium.

Mancini,spacer.gif whose side were held 0-0 at West Bromwich Albionspacer.gif on Boxing Day, is unhappy with how the fixtures have been scheduled.

"I am disappointed only because we play 1 January and 3 January and Liverpool play 30 December and then 3 January against us," said Mancini. "I think that at this moment this is not correct.""I'm not happy with this situation because two days [of rest] in this moment when we play every three days is not correct". "Sometimes the fixtures can [be] better because to play one game after four days and for us after 48 hours can make a difference."

I think Mancini is right on this one. From skysports:-

Mancini bemoans fixture list

Roberto Mancini is disappointed Manchester City will have less time to prepare for next week's game against Liverpool than their opponents.

The Premier League leaders entertain Liverpoolspacer.gif next Tuesday, just over 48 hours after City have visited Sunderlandspacer.gif on New Year's Day. In contrast, Kenny Dalglish'sspacer.gif side meet Newcastlespacer.gif United on Friday and will have an extra two days to rest before the clash at the Etihad Stadium.

Mancini,spacer.gif whose side were held 0-0 at West Bromwich Albionspacer.gif on Boxing Day, is unhappy with how the fixtures have been scheduled.

"I am disappointed only because we play 1 January and 3 January and Liverpool play 30 December and then 3 January against us," said Mancini. "I think that at this moment this is not correct.""I'm not happy with this situation because two days [of rest] in this moment when we play every three days is not correct". "Sometimes the fixtures can [be] better because to play one game after four days and for us after 48 hours can make a difference."

laugh.png I don't think you'd find many managers complaining if they had the squad Mancini has available to him. Rotation rotation rotation.....

laugh.png I don't think you'd find many managers complaining if they had the squad Mancini has available to him. Rotation rotation rotation.....

That ain't the point though Carms. This is a big game and to only have 2 days rest when the opponents have had 4 days is just wrong IMO.

That ain't the point though Carms. This is a big game and to only have 2 days rest when the opponents have had 4 days is just wrong IMO.

Yes, well i think you should also have to play cup ties on the 20th and 21st next month.

Yes, well i think you should also have to play cup ties on the 20th and 21st next month.

biggrin.png

Stop trying it on jinglejangles...Christmas was last week.

Why smokes? Do you think it's fair?

Swings and roundabouts as you well know. Stop complaining and get back to work.

That's the point. It isn't swings and roundabouts. Don't get me wrong. I love what Sky have done for the availability of the EPL for people to watch their team around the globe. But these fixtures need more scrutiny when they are planning them.

BTW. It's weekend here today. Work tomorrow.

That's the point. It isn't swings and roundabouts. Don't get me wrong. I love what Sky have done for the availability of the EPL for people to watch their team around the globe. But these fixtures need more scrutiny when they are planning them.

Ok just imagine the rest of the world hates you. It'll be true soon enough...

Edit: If I was in charge at the TV company I'd want four games every day from 26th until the 3rd Jan.

Edited by smokie36

Ok just imagine the rest of the world hates you. It'll be true soon enough...

Yeah. Who'd a thought it clap2.gif

Edit: If I was in charge at the TV company I'd want four games every day from 26th until the 3rd Jan.

That would work better.

Now then?

cheesy.gif

Still top of the league.

However, gotta admit to feeling tptally robbed. We absoluetley battered them for 90 minutes at their gaff and they then get an goal against the run of play that was clearly off side. You can't compare that game to your embarassment yesterday Red.

Oh well. Did I mention that we are still top of the league.

I should actually be working at the moment.....but stuff it biggrin.png Actually, all the Saudi's are starting to like Xmas cos there aren't many expats around and they can all slope off.

Anyway, looking through the papers and found a few intersting (well for me anyway) stats.

• City are the first team for 49 years to score 50 goals in their first 16 top-flight matches (and the ninth club to achieve this in the history of English football).
  • They have only once failed to score in their 26 matches (in all competitions) this season.
  • Roberto Mancini's side are looking to keep three consecutive clean sheets for the first time this season.
  • With five goals so far, David Silva has already beaten last season's tally of four.

biggrin.pngcheesy.gif

He needs rest?

We play again tomorrow night against liverpool. Mancini thought that Dzecko, Johnson and Nasri etc could be enough for Sunderland. You can't have the whole squad on the bench. There ain't a "Rooney-gate" going on if that's what your after !