Manchester City

mrbojangles

The problem is that when you regard Bridge - a player with 36 England caps and a player that Arsenal are reportedly wanting to take on loan - as a 'passenger' that you wish to jettison so that you need to increase 'squad depth' you do sound like the most overly spoilt child in the street.

A bit harsh. Every manager has the right to pick and choose players who he thinks fit into his playing style. He obviously feels that Bridge is waay down the pecking order for the role he can do. To be honest, he's way down mine too as we have several available who can play at the back, on the left. That itsn't the position that Mancini wants to strengthen, so as jack says, get rid of what we don't want, so that we can buy who we need.

Sell those 3 and buy half the Barcelona team. We know the plan Jack. rolleyes.gif

Smokes, unless somewhere in the pipeline there is a plan for the Arab version of Andrex to sponsor our toilets for 400m quid, that won't be possible. We will (have to) adhere to FFP.

If hands are shaken on such a deal mrboj I sincerely hope its the left ones...

No doubt it will be acceptable to the committee....soft and pliable as they are.

The problem is that when you regard Bridge - a player with 36 England caps and a player that Arsenal are reportedly wanting to take on loan - as a 'passenger' that you wish to jettison so that you need to increase 'squad depth' you do sound like the most overly spoilt child in the street.

A bit harsh. Every manager has the right to pick and choose players who he thinks fit into his playing style. He obviously feels that Bridge is waay down the pecking order for the role he can do. To be honest, he's way down mine too as we have several available who can play at the back, on the left. That itsn't the position that Mancini wants to strengthen, so as jack says, get rid of what we don't want, so that we can buy who we need.

I'm with you on this one. You've every right to name as many ridiculously waged players as you like limited to 25. Just so long as you can find huge sponsorship deals and have your very own 777 et al.

Don't talk fair play here will ya!

city play spurs soon and adebayor's not allowed to play against city is he? there's another rule that needs changing, it rigs the title race. daft that is.

Why? We pay the majority of his wages and are the owners of his contract. If Spurs want him to play, it's easy. they just put their hands in their pockets and buy him like everyone else has to. Don't understand your issue with that Stevie.

Well maybe. You could argue that though that say when you rid yourselves of the wretched Tevez that you should actually be forced to include say Adebayor in your squad rather than inflicting him on every other team in the Premiership apart from Spurs and City without actually being part of your 25 man squad in the first place.

Actually I dont really have much complaint apart from Mancini's choice of the words 'squad depth' of which he is apparently short of. He has it in spades. Every team is only allowed 25 players. He is literally complaining that until his 25th player isnt a first team choice for Barcelona he aint happy.

For all the rights and wrongs and differing opinions Mancini would have been better off saying nothing. All it tells me is he's a bit ruffled at the moment. He's lost some key players which doesn't help but frankly with his squad he's having a laugh if he reckons he'll get any sympathy. Now we know he feels under pressure and it might rub off on the players.

I do though have a lot of sympathy for City over the Kompany sending off.

Well maybe. You could argue that though that say when you rid yourselves of the wretched Tevez that you should actually be forced to include say Adebayor in your squad rather than inflicting him on every other team in the Premiership apart from Spurs and City without actually being part of your 25 man squad in the first place.

He's part of Spurs 25 man squad though, so it wouldn't be right to have him named in 2 squads.

I get your point on Mancini. Maybe he should have just stated the actual position(s) he wants strengthening rather than saying the "squad".

city play spurs soon and adebayor's not allowed to play against city is he? there's another rule that needs changing, it rigs the title race. daft that is.

Why? We pay the majority of his wages and are the owners of his contract. If Spurs want him to play, it's easy. they just put their hands in their pockets and buy him like everyone else has to. Don't understand your issue with that Stevie.

it's a rule which skews the league in favour of the richest clubs and is ridiculously biased. so because city hold his registration and can afford to loan him out while paying most of his wages he should be allowed to play and score against their title rivals but not against city? come on boj. playing field is unlevel enough as it is without this sort of nonsense.

Heres a question for you but i'll start by sayng that i too doubt very much Spurs will win the league. Our chances are remote at best.

Now, heres my question......IF we did win the league, would the decision to loan us Adebayor AND still pay most of his wages, be the worst decision in the history of Manchester City Football Club?

biggrin.png

Edited by carmine

For all the rights and wrongs and differing opinions Mancini would have been better off saying nothing. All it tells me is he's a bit ruffled at the moment. He's lost some key players which doesn't help but frankly with his squad he's having a laugh if he reckons he'll get any sympathy. Now we know he feels under pressure and it might rub off on the players.

Actually what slightly bugs me about Mancini is that he constantly portrays himself as the underdog. It must be incredibly hard managing a club with half a billion more quid players than anyone else.

Yet he is constantly in the press. Man Utd are still the biggest club. Man Utd are still the favorites. It will be a massive achievement if this team who have come from nothing can win the premiership. I have to instill in this team of losers, waifs, and strays a winning mentality. We need to invest more to increase our squad depth. I have always built success out of a packet of crisps and an empty bog roll. I dont know if it is possible but after a zillion years of failure maybe I can bring this club success..... blah blah blah (insert a billion quid)

Actually what slightly bugs me about Mancini is that he constantly portrays himself as the underdog. It must be incredibly hard managing a club with half a billion more quid players than anyone else.

Yet he is constantly in the press. Man Utd are still the biggest club. Man Utd are still the favorites. It will be a massive achievement if this team who have come from nothing can win the premiership. I have to instill in this team of losers, waifs, and strays a winning mentality. We need to invest more to increase our squad depth. I have always built success out of a packet of crisps and an empty bog roll. I dont know if it is possible but after a zillion years of failure maybe I can bring this club success..... blah blah blah (insert a billion quid)

Exactly. I don't think he realises how stupid he sounds. Whilst i think he's improved steadily as City's coach i still look at him as the weakest link.

it's a rule which skews the league in favour of the richest clubs and is ridiculously biased. so because city hold his registration and can afford to loan him out while paying most of his wages he should be allowed to play and score against their title rivals but not against city? come on boj. playing field is unlevel enough as it is without this sort of nonsense.

I agree it's not ideal but clubs have been doing it for years. The problem is, he doesn't want to play for us (or Mancini) and we are happy to sell him. The sticking point is he won't drop his wages, so we are stuck with him. Rich or not, we don't like the situation either.

I agree it's not ideal but clubs have been doing it for years. The problem is, he doesn't want to play for us (or Mancini) and we are happy to sell him. The sticking point is he won't drop his wages, so we are stuck with him. Rich or not, we don't like the situation either.

We're not exactly complaining...

Heres a question for you but i'll start by sayng that i too doubt very much Spurs will win the league. Our chances are remote at best.

Now, heres my question......IF we did win the league, would the decision to loan us Adebayor AND still pay most of his wages, be the worst decision in the history of Manchester City Football Club?

biggrin.png

If you honestly think Adebayor has that much of an impact, where he alone would be the difference between you winning the league or not. Get your hands in your pockets and convince him to drop his wages.

biggrin.png

If you honestly think Adebayor has that much of an impact, where he alone would be the difference between you winning the league or not. Get your hands in your pockets and convince him to drop his wages.

If a deal is completed it will likely be on the 23rd Jan.

biggrin.png

All joking apart the diference he's made to us is enormous. However, due to the fact a certain club decides to pay these outrageous wages it upsets everybody elses apple cart. We can't afford him. The only way we might do a deal is with some sort of on off signing on fee.

You reap what you sow. City and the chavs started offering these stupid wages and shouldn't complain when they can't offload them to anyone else. Sorry but i've no sympathy and its doing huge damage to football.

biggrin.png

Well I think we can simplify the question by saying 'if Spurs win the Premiership will getting the loan of Adebayor off City be the smartest move that Levy has ever made?' yes without a doubt.

The problem with City is that although I think it was an insanely stupid thing to do, BoJ has a good answer. He describes it as like giving a gun to Spurs to shoot the opposition and then taking it away from Spurs when it comes round to shoot them. From that perspective if say Spurs beat Utd at WHL and that is the reason that City win the Premiership and beat Utd then it might end up a smart move

biggrin.png

A very City thought that.

'Get your hands in your pockets and convince him to drop his wages.'

biggrin.png

Well I think we can simplify the question by saying 'if Spurs win the Premiership will getting the loan of Adebayor off City be the smartest move that Levy has ever made?' yes without a doubt.

The problem with City is that although I think it was an insanely stupid thing to do, BoJ has a good answer. He describes it as like giving a gun to Spurs to shoot the opposition and then taking it away from Spurs when it comes round to shoot them. From that perspective if say Spurs beat Utd at WHL and that is the reason that City win the Premiership and beat Utd then it might end up a smart move

Beating Utd to hand City the title.

Your not as stupid as i thought you were. biggrin.png

biggrin.png

All joking apart the diference he's made to us is enormous. However, due to the fact a certain club decides to pay these outrageous wages it upsets everybody elses apple cart. We can't afford him. The only way we might do a deal is with some sort of on off signing on fee.

You reap what you sow. City and the chavs started offering these stupid wages and shouldn't complain when they can't offload them to anyone else. Sorry but i've no sympathy and its doing huge damage to football.

Youré quite right Carms and just to be clear, I'm not looking for sympathy one little bit. i feel extremely fortunate being a City fan at the moment, I never dreamed of this in all the years I have supported them. Please don't confuse me giving a reasoned (IMO) reply to a question with me asking for sympathy.

biggrin.png

?????

My point was Adebayor doesn't want to be with us, Spurs won't pay the high wages but I presume they would pay a transfer fee. Ade's wages therefore seem to be the sticking point.

I am on a contract and work in Saudi and for that I get a premium. If I want to leave, I can but I will most certainly take a drop in wages. What's the difference?

biggrin.png

Youré quite right Carms and just to be clear, I'm not looking for sympathy one little bit. i feel extremely fortunate being a City fan at the moment, I never dreamed of this in all the years I have supported them. Please don't confuse me giving a reasoned (IMO) reply to a question with me asking for sympathy.

Time will tell. If you sell the duffers and end up repeatedly giving out 200k a week contracts to the next crop of 35 or so players then the rules may have to be looked at by the FA.

biggrin.png

I know you're not, and to be fair you've never come across like that.

I suppose what were saying is its just irritating to hear your manager go on like he does given the money and oppotunity he has at his disposal. Words i'm sure David Moyes would agree with.

I know you're not, and to be fair you've never come across like that.

I suppose what were saying is its just irritating to hear your manager go on like he does given the money and oppotunity he has at his disposal. Words i'm sure David Moyes would agree with.

Moyes doesn't wake up at 3am in a cold sweat dreaming about fatwas....

biggrin.png

?????

My point was Adebayor doesn't want to be with us, Spurs won't pay the high wages but I presume they would pay a transfer fee. Ade's wages therefore seem to be the sticking point.

I am on a contract and work in Saudi and for that I get a premium. If I want to leave, I can but I will most certainly take a drop in wages. What's the difference?

Well BJ, if you force Adebayor to live and play football in Saudi, you may actually start to have an argument.

Time will tell. If you sell the duffers and end up repeatedly giving out 200k a week contracts to the next crop of 35 or so players then the rules may have to be looked at by the FA.

At the time, offering money like that was only way to lure big names to City. It was purely done to excellerate our "transition" biggrin.png period. With the FFP coming in, no team will ever be able to invest at that rate again (including us). You would hope that if we start winning things, the owners will be able to lure players at a more reasonable rate cos they want to win medals.

Don't forget, albeit we pay more players stupid wages, we are not the only team who do pay it.