Manchester City

mrbojangles

Well........Buttner is still a stranger wink.png

Nobody said he wasn't. Not on here anyway. But what has that got to do with the price of Fish?

I think Mancini made a mistake ....why drop Lescott..... Nastacic! in a big game??? <deleted>

You had three experienced defenders on the bench why play a newbie in a big match?

Agreed.

B Dortmund at home will be a very hard game next with the added pressure.

Red. Unlike United, we haven't been given an easy ride through the group stage. ALL of the teams are current Champions of their home countries leagues, therefore they are ALL going to be hard games.

I just wonder how much that game has taken out of them!! Both physically and mentally it was a tough game.

Tevez for example, I do not think will start against Arsenal.... he looked completely nackered last night.

Probably start Milner against Arsenal. And I think maybe Dzecko with Balotelli.

It will be tough against Arsenal.

I just wonder how much that game has taken out of them!! Both physically and mentally it was a tough game.

Tevez for example, I do not think will start against Arsenal.... he looked completely nackered last night.

Yep, it will be tough against the Arse but we always knew it would be. Hopefully Aguero will be back as well. Tevez did look knackered and I don't know why, he usually has a good recovery rate.

That will be a poor excuse. Don't forget they played last night as well.

Still Jack my point being you don't play him in such a big game to try and find his feet do you?

It was a mistake

Well I will have to disagree with both you and BJ.

I am not a great fan of Lescott. Mancini dropped him a couple of games ago (cant remember who against). Its not like he was replacing Kompany.!!

He played with confidence (not a la Savic) and was comfortable on the ball.

Whats a poor excuse? It was a tough game last night. And I think you will see several changes against Arsenal. Thats the idea of a big squad.

My view is that Tevez looked worn out last night and I would be surprised to see him start against Arsenal.

I think we will still beat Arsenal but it will be another tough game. I am not making excuses.

I think Mancini is still tactically very naive that is why he has never won out in Europe.

I seem to remember beginning of last season, a few people coming on here saying Mancini was tactically inept, and we would never win the league whilst he is in chargetongue.png

I am a great believer in Mancini. I think he is fine tactically. If we had got a draw or won last night, there is no way you could have said he was tactically naive. As it was we got beat by an injury time goal.

Well........Buttner is still a stranger wink.png

I think Mancini made a mistake ....why drop Lescott..... Nastacic! in a big game??? <deleted>

You had three experienced defenders on the bench why play a newbie in a big match?

Also Kompany had a stinker as you said and Maicon was run ragged yet again.

B Dortmund at home will be a very hard game next with the added pressure.

The wheels are coming off Red. wink.png Maicon has no pace so should he have been playing? was there someone else available? lescott, if fit definately should have played i agree.

Very entertaining game though.

Whats a poor excuse? It was a tough game last night. And I think you will see several changes against Arsenal. Thats the idea of a big squad.

My view is that Tevez looked worn out last night and I would be surprised to see him start against Arsenal.

I think we will still beat Arsenal but it will be another tough game. I am not making excuses.

So who out of the players you have now....would you like playing week in week out in defence....for me i think the constant changing doesn't do you any favours there.

Jack you won the league with Lescott at the back so you are contradicting yourself again biggrin.png

Good result and performance from Malaga last night beating Zeneth 3-0

Edited by MrRed

Still Jack my point being you don't play him in such a big game to try and find his feet do you?

It was a mistake

Well I will have to disagree with both you and BJ.

I am not a great fan of Lescott. Mancini dropped him a couple of games ago (cant remember who against). Its not like he was replacing Kompany.!!

He played with confidence (not a la Savic) and was comfortable on the ball.

You know my view on Mancini jack. I've never been against him and I want to believe in him and I've never slagged him off but as you know, my jury has been out. Especially with his man management skills, or lack of. He has fallen out with waay too many players for my liking and for it all to have been the players fault and not his. I think even I could have won the league with the resources and players that he has been given.

Anyway, to last night. When you are playing a team like Real Madrid at their gaff, you know you are going to get severe pressure at the back and that is when you need an established line up who know exactly what each other are doing and where their strenghts and weaknesses are. I think that is why Kompany had a howler last night, cos he didn't who he could trust to do what and as Captain was thinking about that instead of his own game. IMO of course.

• Like 2

So who out of the players you have now....would you like playing week in week out in defence....for me i think the constant changing doesn't do you any favours there.

Jack you won the league with Lescott at the back so you are contradicting yourself again biggrin.png

Good result and performance from Malaga last night beating Zeneth 3-0

Personally, if you are talking flat back 4 and everyone is fit... I would choose Richards/ Kompany/ Nasasic and Clichy.

If its 5 at the back I would replace Clichy with Kolarov, have Richards Kompany and Nastasic in the middle with Maicon on the right. I would rotate Zabaleta with Richards in back 4 and Zabaleta with Maicon in the back 5, with Zabaleta being used when a more defensive set up is needed.

I am well aware that Lescott was part of title winning team, but I am not a great fan of his

• Like 1

Also City shot themselves in the foot with the 5 mins rule when scoring shut up shop don't let the other team score straightaway bring them game to a stall still even pundits where saying this on Skysports .. Also not judging because i'm from Manchester and hope both teams well because its good for Manchester also still lost for words on the new training grounds what will be built ..

Being a UTD Fan i could see you were missing Joleon Lescott and when Vincent Kompany ducked for viva ronaldo goal it killed City whistling.gif

Kompany doesn't duck out of anything. Until he speaks about it we can only assume. But I think he was either trying to head the ball but it had a swerve on it or he didn't want to creat a deflection.

I don't know what you are intimating at "Being a UTD Fan i could see you were missing Joleon Lescott" what has being a United fan got to do with it? Being a City fan I could see you were missing Vidic last season and..........?

Also City shot themselves in the foot with the 5 mins rule when scoring shut up shop don't let the other team score straightaway bring them game to a stall still even pundits where saying this on Skysports ..

Agree but that's easier said than done against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu

whistling.gif

Can't see that on my works computer, it just shows up as a big empty space. It will have to wait till I get home.

It contains several derogatory remarks aimed at City fans mrboj...:rolleyes:

I reckon you should close the Man Yoo thread pending further investigation. :D

whistling.gif

Can't see that on my works computer, it just shows up as a big empty space. It will have to wait till I get home.

Give hidemyass.com ago that always work if your under a proxy also Real are cheeky sods as they leave the pitch dry the day before a game so when you play on it the next day it's socking wet and the pitch is fast .. Heard this last night from one of the pundits ..

whistling.gif

It contains several derogatory remarks aimed at City fans mrboj...rolleyes.gif

I reckon you should close the Man Yoo thread pending further investigation. biggrin.png

Near the bottom ?

Asked why Kompany ducked for third goal, Mancini said: “I don’t know. I saw the goal but you need to ask Vinny. Usually he doesn’t do that, but the mistake was we went too deep. I saw the goal, but I haven’t asked him why this happened.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9552129/Real-Madrid-v-Manchester-City-Roberto-Mancini-slaps-down-Joe-Hart-after-criticism-of-team.html

• Like 1

Asked why Kompany ducked for third goal, Mancini said: “I don’t know. I saw the goal but you need to ask Vinny. Usually he doesn’t do that, but the mistake was we went too deep. I saw the goal, but I haven’t asked him why this happened.”

http://www.telegraph...sm-of-team.html

Mancini echoed what I said. Kompany doesn't normally do that and so ask him.

And some of what he said is why my jury is still out on Mancini WRT man management. I saw the Joe Hart interview, he was clearly upset that we threw it away but didn't say anything derogatory. Yet Mancini says this "Joe Hart should stay in goal and make saves.” Mancini said. “If anyone should criticise the team it should be me, not Joe Hart. I am the judge, not Joe Hart.”

Firstly, does he really need to talk like that about one of his best players, like nobody else can have an opinion? If he does, then he should instruct his players not to get interviewed after the match.

• Like 1

And some of what he said is why my jury is still out on Mancini WRT man management. I saw the Joe Hart interview, he was clearly upset that we threw it away but didn't say anything derogatory. Yet Mancini says this "Joe Hart should stay in goal and make saves.” Mancini said. “If anyone should criticise the team it should be me, not Joe Hart. I am the judge, not Joe Hart.”

Firstly, does he really need to talk like that about one of his best players, like nobody else can have an opinion? If he does, then he should instruct his players not to get interviewed after the match.

Dont oft agree with you but this time I do. Good way to lose the dressing room.

whistling.gif

It contains several derogatory remarks aimed at City fans mrboj...rolleyes.gif

I reckon you should close the Man Yoo thread pending further investigation. biggrin.png

Near the bottom ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9552129/Real-Madrid-v-Manchester-City-Roberto-Mancini-slaps-down-Joe-Hart-after-criticism-of-team.html

Exactly....you'd never hear Sir utter words like that....

Thats the way he is!!! Its the Italian in him!!laugh.png

He is consistent, and he hates losing. I think the players are used to his whims. Also in the past I have seen Mancini interviewed, his English is not great. Yet when the interview gets put into writing, many times it is not the same as what he has said... one or 2 words get changed or left out to give a whole different meaning. I have seen this many times with Mancini.

Very true also if he doesn't win the CL i can see him being sacked plus pep guardiola thinking about coming out of his mini retirement after xmas .. i could see him going to Manchester City i don't reckon he would go to Arsenal they haven't got all there best players anymore and what you guys are doing around the ground with the new complex will attract a lot attention once complate ..

Very true also if he doesn't win the CL i can see him being sacked plus pep guardiola thinking about coming out of his mini retirement after xmas .. i could see him going to Manchester City i don't reckon he would go to Arsenal they haven't got all there best players anymore and what you guys are doing around the ground with the new complex will attract a lot attention once complate ..

I do not think City will win the Champions League this year.

I believe they will progress to the Group stages.

I guarantee Mancini will not be sacked if we dont win Champions League. Our owners are smart guys. This was always going to be a long term project. Progress is being made every year. Priority this year is to defend the title, which I think we will do.

I do not think City will win the Champions League this year.

I believe they will progress to the Group stages.

I guarantee Mancini will not be sacked if we dont win Champions League. Our owners are smart guys. This was always going to be a long term project. Progress is being made every year. Priority this year is to defend the title, which I think we will do.

Yea i fully understand that but you never know these day's but hey that's football for you .. owners say one thing and do another ..

Yea i fully understand that but you never know these day's but hey that's football for you .. owners say one thing and do another ..

Our owners have been pretty consistent in their message and sticking to it. We are extremely lucky to have the owners we have and I really mean that. As jack says, they are smart guys and not in it to rob money out of us. Now that wouldn't be smart, cos we never had any laugh.png

I too don't think Mancini will be sacked and I hope he won't, as that will mean we are doing <deleted> this season.