Manchester City

mrbojangles

How did you make out in the Carling Cup?

Don't try Troll posts jim, when you don't know what you're talking about. It's called the Capital One Cup and you know very well that we got knocked out by Villa

Nah trolling just winding, and it worked apparently. lol

Mine worked too! biggrin.png

They are a tad sensitive today...bless 'em.

I can understand, staying up all night to watch that kind of a performance is enough to put you in a bad mood. Shouldnt talk though, we have Chelsea away in the next round..

I can understand, staying up all night to watch that kind of a performance is enough to put you in a bad mood. Shouldnt talk though, we have Chelsea away in the next round..

Didn't stay up to watch it. We couldn't get it on any of our chanels.

heard you the first time lol

We deserved that win and I don't even want to talk about the ref and his <deleted> decisions

You just didlaugh.png

Ok, I will then. He gave the penalty to Riise, which for a start looked to be outside the box but also just for being touched by Zabba. Ok you think, he has set his stall out for what he constitutes a penalty. But then we had at least 2 instances later on Tevez and Aguero where there was far more contact but he gave nothing. It's a disgrace and all we want is consistency. I'm sure any supporter of any team will agree with that.

We deserved that win and I don't even want to talk about the ref and his <deleted> decisions

You just didlaugh.png

Ok, I will then. He gave the penalty to Riise, which for a start looked to be outside the box but also just for being touched by Zabba. Ok you think, he has set his stall out for what he constitutes a penalty. But then we had at least 2 instances later on Tevez and Aguero where there was far more contact but he gave nothing. It's a disgrace and all we want is consistency. I'm sure any supporter of any team will agree with that.

Yes - ok, but the kung <deleted> elbow on Suarez was the most hilarious reffing decision of the day.

So embarrassing on the replay that i`ll bet the gang of refs take the black spot off him for a while nowbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Aguero thinks that refs show bias against foreign players scream the headlines.

The truth? "Asked if foreign players have it tougher than English players, Aguero says: 'Yes, always. It happens everywhere. There's a little bit of privilege with players who come from that country.' " (BBC Sport)

As a supporter of a team stuffed full of foreigners I don't happen to agree with his view, but I don't find it that controversial in context. We falang in Thailand know all about such tendencies if they do exist!

As a supporter of a team stuffed full of foreigners I don't happen to agree with his view, but I don't find it that controversial in context. We falang in Thailand know all about such tendencies if they do exist!

It's a difficult one cos it's about perception. Don't know if there are any stats available on that. Where's Abrak gone?

The truth? "Asked if foreign players have it tougher than English players, Aguero says: 'Yes, always. It happens everywhere. There's a little bit of privilege with players who come from that country.' " (BBC Sport)

This is hilarious. Fergie was asked about Aguero's comments and he said "foreign players only have themselves to blame if they receive unfair treatment from Premier League referees".laugh.png What nationality is AshleyYoung again !!

He then went on to say in reference to Nanis apeal on saturday "Nani is not the type to dive," said the manager. "He has never been that type of player." laugh.png He's freakin deluded.

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8131194/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-shrugs-off-claims-made-by-Sergio-Aguero-over-the-treatment-of-foreign-players-by-referees

This is hilarious. Fergie was asked about Aguero's comments and he said "foreign players only have themselves to blame if they receive unfair treatment from Premier League referees".laugh.png What nationality is AshleyYoung again !!

He then went on to say in reference to Nanis apeal on saturday "Nani is not the type to dive," said the manager. "He has never been that type of player." laugh.png He's freakin deluded.

Full story:- http://www1.skysport...ers-by-referees

He also apparently thought that "Cristian Bale" had taken time out from his Batman role to play on our left midfield last saturday! rolleyes.gif

Full story:- http://www1.skysport...ers-by-referees

He also apparently thought that "Cristian Bale" had taken time out from his Batman role to play on our left midfield last saturday! rolleyes.gif

You have Batman he has Robin

he doesn't care, he owns the game in england.

chris foy just upset ferguson at the weekend with his reffing of the united - spurs match. chris foy has been a premier league and (occasional) championship referee for the past 6 years. where is he reffing this coming weekend? league 2, accrington stanley against rochdale.

nothing corrupt here, it all evens out over the course of a season doesn't it alex?

united have their first-choice ref, howard webb, back in for them this weekend.

chris foy just upset ferguson at the weekend with his reffing of the united - spurs match. chris foy has been a premier league and (occasional) championship referee for the past 6 years. where is he reffing this coming weekend? league 2, accrington stanley against rochdale.

nothing corrupt here, it all evens out over the course of a season doesn't it alex?

I wasnt aware of that!

That is just F@@@@@@ ridiculous!! Upon what is that 'punishment' based on??

I am not a fan of Foy, but he didnt do anything wrong in that game. Unlike Halsey who made dreadful decisions 2 games in a row (Liverpool V Utd and City V Fulham) Its just plain wrong is that!!

Thats outrageous if this is correct. Last season when we played Stoke away he had an appalling game, littered with dreadful decisions and nothing was done. At OT last weekend he (amazingly) had a good game and is relgated for it! And now howards brought back in the side after a short absense! F_cking disgraceful.

Mindyou, i suppose he should have known that a dodgy penalty was supposed to be given and then again no fergietime.

Come to think of it, he had another appalling game

Edited by carmine

I wasnt aware of that!

That is just F@@@@@@ ridiculous!! Upon what is that 'punishment' based on??

I am not a fan of Foy, but he didnt do anything wrong in that game. Unlike Halsey who made dreadful decisions 2 games in a row (Liverpool V Utd and City V Fulham) Its just plain wrong is that!!

oops, excuse me it's 4.5 years. he did a one-off bury vs stockport in feb 2008.

ferguson moans about him not playing enough injury time against spurs, that "insult to the game", his next match is in league two.

jeff winter wrote that he once sent off roy keane, was criticized by ferguson in the press afterwards, and wasn't given a united match to ref again for another 2 years.

alan wiley reffed the liverpool 4-1 win at old trafford in 2009, wherein he gave both teams a penalty and sent off vidic. all three decisions spot on. later that season ferguson called wiley 'fat and unfit' and wiley 'agreed to retire' shortly afterwards.

mark clattenburg refereed city's 6-1 win at old trafford last season. clattenburg sent united's jonny evans off that day. number of matches of the 34 games united have played since that clattenburg has refereed? zero.

funny you should say that about halsey by the way. going back to 2005 united have won all 12 matches where he has been their ref.

I am absolutely dumb founded by that stevie. I wasn't aware of that and I doubt most footy fans are. And yet it is so blatantly obvious as to the corruption, I'm surprised even the Sun haven't cottoned onto it. Or have they. I can't access the Sun in Saudi, it's a banned site laugh.png

that horrible rag notwithstanding boj, i thought this was largely common knowledge among football fans? ferguson's influence over referees and the FA has been there for years.

here's another beauty. over 18% of the penalties that howard webb has awarded in his 8-year refereeing career have been to manchester united. just coincidence though i'm sure.

chris foy was also the referee who very harshly sent off vincent kompany in last season's city vs united FA cup match. mister ferguson approved of that decision though, so no relegation to league 2 for referee foy on that occasion.

There hasn't been a RAG denial of this on here yet whistling.gif

This is a bold shot in the dark but i doubt anything happened to the ref that failed to award the Pedro Mendes goal.

It was Clattenburg!!

Boss of the referees at the time defended him, and said the criticism of him was OTT, even though he admitted it was a clear goalblink.png

chris foy was also the referee who very harshly sent off vincent kompany in last season's city vs united FA cup match. mister ferguson approved of that decision though, so no relegation to league 2 for referee foy on that occasion.

I just read the report. They are trying to say it is not a demotion. Their excuse is that there are 16 referees, with 10 matches to referee in the Premiership every week, So every referee will not be able to have a game, so sometimes they ref in the lower leagues. As a football fan I find it insulting to come out with a lame excuse as that!!! What about 4th officials? They are one of the so called 16 refs. So if they are not reffing, they take the role of 4th official. Has been like that for as long as I can remember. Secondly, when was the last time a premiership referee has reffed in a league BELOW the Championship. I dont know the stats, but the only one I can remember is Uriah Heap, who kept making mistake after mistake.

I dont know how they get away with this bulls##tbah.gif

I just read the report. They are trying to say it is not a demotion. Their excuse is that there are 16 referees, with 10 matches to referee in the Premiership every week, So every referee will not be able to have a game, so sometimes they ref in the lower leagues. As a football fan I find it insulting to come out with a lame excuse as that!!! What about 4th officials? They are one of the so called 16 refs. So if they are not reffing, they take the role of 4th official. Has been like that for as long as I can remember. Secondly, when was the last time a premiership referee has reffed in a league BELOW the Championship. I dont know the stats, but the only one I can remember is Uriah Heap, who kept making mistake after mistake.

I dont know how they get away with this bulls##tbah.gif

every match must have 2 de facto referees as you say - one on the pitch plus the fourth official.

they get away with it because for some reason they're all absolutely in thrall to alex ferguson. the FA, the referees' body, they're terrified of him and of upsetting him. it's bizarre.

Wow you must spend to much time on Rawk, what you have done is over a certain time frame pulled out around 6 to 8 instances to suit your ABUism, you could quite easily do the same with against united.

Please explain what the FA has to gain by favouring united?, all this conspiracy started when Liverpool stopped winning, before when Liverpool was winning everything we excepted you was a good team and deserved all you glories.

Maybe the FA was corrupt bringing in banning the back pass rule as since then Liverpool have not been the same.

Great to have howard back for the weekend we might need him up theretongue.png

http://www.debatabledecisions.com/english-premier-league-tables

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/stats-penalties-for-arsenal-chelsea-liverpool-city-and-united/ Penalties awarded, united have the least awarded out of those 5 teams.

I am sure Stevie has plucked those stats from that obsessed about united Liverpool fan in beirut?

Just a comparison Since 2002 united 60 pens liverpool 55 not a big difference.

Just to show you can do for any team Mike Jones after the beach ball incident was demoted to ref peterborough that was 17thoct 09,, he did not ref a liverpool game until 3/10/10laugh.png easy to do with google maybe i could find another 6 or 8cheesy.gif

And just to add Liverpool have not won the league since George Courtney retired laugh.png

• Like 1