Manchester City

mrbojangles

I just enjoy my footie mate and will be watching Arsenal tonight as for me they are playing the best football of all so for this season.

As for being insecure about United ........every game at the moment! thumbsup.gif but that goes with supporting MUFC ....comebacks "R"us biggrin.png

Just shows how far Man City have got under the skin of their noisy neighbours. Two years ago Mr Red would rather have spent time picking the $hit out of the recesses of his trainers than coming on the Man City thread. Now you cant keep him off it.

Hope he gets this, he's a true proffessional.

Manchester City’s Vincent Kompany has been nominated for the Premier League Player of the Year award.

The Citizens’ captain is the leading candidate of a number of Premier League stars to be nominated in the Northwest Football Awards, which take place next month.

The Belgium international has been outstanding for Roberto Mancini’s team over the past year, leading Manchester City to their first league title in 44 years.

Kompany will not have it all his own way in the vote, however, as some of Manchester City’s biggest rivals have their stars up for the gong too.

He will go up against Everton's John Heitinga, Liverpool's Martin Skrtel, Antonio Valencia of Manchester United, Wigan Athletic skipper Gary Caldwell, Adam Bogdan of Bolton Wanderers and Yakubu, formerly of Blackburn Rovers.

It was a Liverpool player who won the award last year, Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva was chosen by voters after an impressive year – he has been blighted by injury worries since then.

Haven't seen this lad play but heard some good reports.

Cobblers land Huws on loan

Northampton have signed highly-rated Manchester City midfielder Emyr Huws on loan until January.

The 19-year-old moves to Sixfields having captained City's Under-21 side. He has also represented Wales at U17 level, where he was again made skipper. Cobblers boss Aidy Boothroyd said: "Emyr is a player we have watched over the last couple of seasons. He is a very good player and someone who I think will make a big difference to our squad.

"He comes straight into contention for the game against Exeter on Saturday.

"We would like to say thank you to Manchester City. We appreciate the fact they are willing to trust us to help develop one of their young players and we will do just that in the period Emyr spends at Sixfields. Emyr will benefit from being with us, and we will certainly benefit from having Emyr in our squad."

Formerly with Swansea City, Huws joined City's academy in the summer of 2009.

In todays economic climte, I think this is quite good to see.

Manchester City tickets as cheap as Macc Town!

Premier League champions Manchester City's cheapest season tickets are comparable with the best on offer at Blue Square Bet side Macclesfield Town.

The Blues come out well in a BBC survey into the price of watching football.

The cheapest season ticket for City is £275, and only Wigan can beat that at £255 in the Premier League.

According to the report, Macc charge £289 for their cheapest season ticket, although Macc themselves confirmed that their cheapest ticket was £275, and an early bird offer had them at £220.

The numbers of City's cheapest season tickets are limited, however, and the Blues' most expensive season ticket comes in at £695 as opposed to Macc's £289.

Premier League champions Manchester City's cheapest season tickets are comparable with the best on offer at Blue Square Bet side Macclesfield Town.

The cheapest season ticket for City is £275, and only Wigan can beat that at £255 in the Premier League.

According to the report, Macc charge £289 for their cheapest season ticket, although Macc themselves confirmed that their cheapest ticket was £275, and an early bird offer had them at £220.

The numbers of City's cheapest season tickets are limited, however, and the Blues' most expensive season ticket comes in at £695 as opposed to Macc's £289.

I suppose thats one way of making sure you get a full house every week !

No, it just goes to show our owners are not trying to rip off our supporters. Unlike your lot!!

No, it just goes to show our owners are not trying to rip off our supporters. Unlike your lot!!

Do you not think that if they could charge a lot more and still get full houses they would ?

Do you not think that if they could charge a lot more and still get full houses they would ?

There's always one I suppose and I was expecting that attitude from someone, just didn't think it would be you. Instead of looking at it in a good way and applauding clubs who are trying to keep prices down, you are happy to keep on getting ripped off.

And for reference, look here http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Fixtures As you will see, we have sold out our allocation for our next 2 away games. We have also Sold out for our next 2 Premier League games to Swansea on the 27th Oct and Spurs on the 11th Nov. So I guess that really blows your theory out of the water.

Alfie, you set me off there. Do you know that the cheapest Spurs Season Ticket is £730.00. Only Arsenal is more expensive at £985.00. Your most expensive season ticket is £1,845.00 (ours is £695.00). Again, yours is the second most expensive behind Arsenal at £1,955.00.

But I suppose you think it's worth paying that amount of money for a team that finished at the top of the league and who are now playing in the Champions League.......oh wait a minute. You lot go on and on about how disgusting it is with the City owners throwing money about. When actually you should be disgusted at being taken for a total ride by your owners. And by the way, you go on about being a full house. You are playing Chelsea at home tomorrow, a local derby and you can still buy tickets for that match. http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/Fixtures+and+Results/fixtures-and-results.page? People in glass houses Alfie, people in glass houses. wink.png

Alfie, you set me off there. Do you know that the cheapest Spurs Season Ticket is £730.00. Only Arsenal is more expensive at £985.00. Your most expensive season ticket is £1,845.00 (ours is £695.00). Again, yours is the second most expensive behind Arsenal at £1,955.00.

But I suppose you think it's worth paying that amount of money for a team that finished at the top of the league and who are now playing in the Champions League.......oh wait a minute. You lot go on and on about how disgusting it is with the City owners throwing money about. When actually you should be disgusted at being taken for a total ride by your owners. And by the way, you go on about being a full house. You are playing Chelsea at home tomorrow, a local derby and you can still buy tickets for that match. http://www.tottenham...nd-results.page? People in glass houses Alfie, people in glass houses. wink.png

So there I was thinking "That sounds fishy!" and clicked on the link which of course takes us to our official website.

If mrboj had bothered to click on the buy tickets option twice it would have offered him a stadium view with a chance to select where he wants to sit.

Oh no! I checked every area and would you believe it! All sold out!!

Incredible isn't it? rolleyes.gif

Glass houses is right mrboj....so so correct....! cheesy.gif

Edited by smokie36

But I suppose you think it's worth paying that amount of money for a team that finished at the top of the league and who are now playing in the Champions League.......oh wait a minute. You lot go on and on about how disgusting it is with the City owners throwing money about. When actually you should be disgusted at being taken for a total ride by your owners. And by the way, you go on about being a full house. You are playing Chelsea at home tomorrow, a local derby and you can still buy tickets for that match. http://www.tottenham...nd-results.page? People in glass houses Alfie, people in glass houses. wink.png

So there I was thinking "That sounds fishy!" and clicked on the link which of course takes us to our official website.

If mrboj had bothered to click on the buy tickets option twice it would have offered him a stadium view with a chance to select where he wants to sit.

Who's to say that the information is right even if you click twice smokes? Does the page I linked to say "Buy Tickets" or not? If you click again does it also say "Buy Tickets" ? It is only when you hover above the seats it says no availabilty. Which is right? Ever tried reserving your seat on a plane that way and it comes up with the same message. But lo and behold, when you get to check-in, the availabilty is totally different. You fly enough, you know exactly what I mean.

Anyhow, it's interesting how your only retort to what I said is picking up on your own web sites failure to keep itself updated. They might have to put ticket prices up again to pay for extra staff, so that they can keep you lot informed correctly.

BTW you only have circal 36,000+ tickets to sell, compared to our circa 48,000. Must be really grim darn sarf!!

Its grim oop north Alfredo! biggrin.png

With tickets for the southern local derby still for sale smokes, it seems it's grim down sarf also.

You have absolutely zero chance of buying a Spurs/Chelsea ticket legitimately 48 hours before the game. Can't believe you'd think that mate!!!

Who's to say that the information is right even if you click twice smokes? Does the page I linked to say "Buy Tickets" or not? If you click again does it also say "Buy Tickets" ? It is only when you hover above the seats it says no availabilty. Which is right? Ever tried reserving your seat on a plane that way and it comes up with the same message. But lo and behold, when you get to check-in, the availabilty is totally different. You fly enough, you know exactly what I mean.

Anyhow, it's interesting how your only retort to what I said is picking up on your own web sites failure to keep itself updated. They might have to put ticket prices up again to pay for extra staff, so that they can keep you lot informed correctly.

BTW you only have circal 36,000+ tickets to sell, compared to our circa 48,000. Must be really grim darn sarf!!

And are current waiting list for season tickets numbers 25000 or probably more now.

Next...............

We know there are no tickets available mrboj.....there very rarely are due to us having over 20000 waiting for a season ticket......you didn't do your homework is the real issue here....

da4e_1_1012_1.JPG

Next...............

You as well Carms? I'm really saddened by this. How can you say "next" when you haven't bothered to answer the original point? OK, we will move on from whether or not you can sell out you mini-stadium and I will post the important point of the post again. See if you can give me an answer.

But I suppose you think it's worth paying that amount of money for a team that finished at the top of the league and who are now playing in the Champions League.......oh wait a minute. You lot go on and on about how disgusting it is with the City owners throwing money about. When actually you should be disgusted at being taken for a total ride by your owners.

you didn't do your homework is the real issue here....

Sorry smokes. I didn't realise going on the Spurs web site included having to dohomework to understand what they advertise. Silly me thought they would only write fact and not fiction on their web site. We live and learn eh.

And as I just pointed out again, you are avoiding the real issue with the point I was originally trying to make. Instead, you lot have avoided that by clouding the issue with how totally useless you web site is. Now, how do you feel to be the second most expensive team to watch in England? More expensive than Chelsea and City who are ruining the game !!!

Next...............

You as well Carms? I'm really saddened by this. How can you say "next" when you haven't bothered to answer the original point? OK, we will move on from whether or not you can sell out you mini-stadium and I will post the important point of the post again. See if you can give me an answer.

But I suppose you think it's worth paying that amount of money for a team that finished at the top of the league and who are now playing in the Champions League.......oh wait a minute. You lot go on and on about how disgusting it is with the City owners throwing money about. When actually you should be disgusted at being taken for a total ride by your owners.

Is your point that our tickets are overpriced? If so, you're probably right but i really don't know what else to add. However since we could fill the entire new stadium with season ticket holders alone suggest that suppoorters feel its money worth spending

Edited by carmine

OK, we will move on from whether or not you can sell out you mini-stadium and I will post the important point of the post again.

Hang on a minute. I don't believe you have admitted you are wrong yet. That's important to us and I'm sure Jimbo (who I just sent a PM to by the way) will be interested to hear your response.

you didn't do your homework is the real issue here....

Sorry smokes. I didn't realise going on the Spurs web site included having to dohomework to understand what they advertise. Silly me thought they would only write fact and not fiction on their web site. We live and learn eh.

And as I just pointed out again, you are avoiding the real issue with the point I was originally trying to make. Instead, you lot have avoided that by clouding the issue with how totally useless you web site is. Now, how do you feel to be the second most expensive team to watch in England? More expensive than Chelsea and City who are ruining the game !!!

Hang on let me get this right.

You're saying we can't fill our stadium for a match with Chelsea....then our website is crap....and the tickets are too expensive?

One out of three of those is true.

I'll let you work it out for yourself.

Funny how I was able to navigate the website with ease isn't it? rolleyes.gif