Manchester City

mrbojangles

And some city saying they should be going to places like this and win, how disrespectful to Ajax who have stars on there badge for a reason!!

Citys 3 assults on the biggest domestic competition.

68 out 1st rd.

11 out 1st rd

12 out 1st rd?

was always going to be a tough group to get out of this one. three big clubs in a group plus city like.

Its ridiculous Stevie.

It looks like City will not qualify, and Arsenal possibly will. If City win the League again, and Arsenal finish 4th. then next years CL, Arsenal will still be seeded higher than City, despite the fact that they havent won a trophy for years!!! The way they seed the teams is a joke. Dortmund won their league 2 yrs running, and they are still seeded below Bayern!! Nonsensebah.gif

Blah blah blah, we're in a tough group blah blah, man up city 4.gif if your going to win it you have to beat the best teams eventually so stop whinging, besides, the amount of money you've spent you should be pissing teams like Ajax 5.gif

Edited by alfieconn

On the bright side, the Champions League is just a distraction and we can now concentrate on the League Cup Prem League and FA Cup. tongue.png

Yeah i remember saying that last season an all biggrin.png

Amendment

On the bright side, the Champions League is just a distraction and we can now concentrate on the League Cup Prem League, Europa and FA Cup. tongue.png

And some city saying they should be going to places like this and win, how disrespectful to Ajax who have stars on there badge for a reason!!

Citys 3 assults on the biggest domestic competition.

68 out 1st rd.

11 out 1st rd

12 out 1st rd?

was always going to be a tough group to get out of this one. three big clubs in a group plus city like.

Its ridiculous Stevie.

It looks like City will not qualify, and Arsenal possibly will. If City win the League again, and Arsenal finish 4th. then next years CL, Arsenal will still be seeded higher than City, despite the fact that they havent won a trophy for years!!! The way they seed the teams is a joke. Dortmund won their league 2 yrs running, and they are still seeded below Bayern!! Nonsensebah.gif

Blah blah blah, we're in a tough group blah blah, man up city 4.gif if your going to win it you have to beat the best teams eventually so stop whinging, besides, the amount of money you've spent you should be pissing teams like Ajax 5.gif

The next time I see you whinging Alfie about your beloved Spuds, your gonna get both barrels. Be prepared smile.png

I think last night showed up Mancini as a tactician and good manager. Now I will probably catch some slack for this but if you spend enough you can pretty much guarantee a league. Chelsea showed it and so did City. Winning the Champions league though takes something else. You need team spirit but most of all you need a solid tactician who can adapt to any situation in a reactive manner. Mancini in that respect is very static.

I think last night showed up Mancini as a tactician and good manager. Now I will probably catch some slack for this but if you spend enough you can pretty much guarantee a league. Chelsea showed it and so did City. Winning the Champions league though takes something else. You need team spirit but most of all you need a solid tactician who can adapt to any situation in a reactive manner. Mancini in that respect is very static.

I think you are probably right.

Some might highlight De Matteo last year but i think that just proved how difficult it can be to breakdown ten men behind the ball. And yes chelsea fans i do know you had lots of injuries! But then again they did beat Barca over two legs which can't be denied

For me man city should have won the game, plenty of advantage and didnt press it home. Dzeko, sorry i know his mins to goals is amazing, but for me in that team he just aint a starter, 2 static and not fast enough.And as for zonal marking, that 5 mins, arguably was, time wise , a disproportionate factor in them losing the game. Fair play to the vim boys though, they played well and as smokey said a team for the future, but give them a top draw striker now and they imo would probably give most a run 4 their money .

Edited by rijit

I hope not, and I dont think so. I am still a big fan of Mancini. Just a bit puzzled by what he supposedly said after the game....... saying it was his fault as he had not prepared enough for the game!!blink.png

Dont know whether its what he actually said, or its the language barrier, or he is just trying to take the pressure of the players? Just seemed a strange statement to make.

I was more puzzled by what he said here:

Mancini did not feel the changes of approach should have derailed his side, adding: "We changed for five minutes to three at the back, but we always have 11 players.

"I don't think that is important - three, four, five, six or seven defenders. If someone wants that as an excuse then OK, but it's not the reason.

"If you have the spirit or quality to play in the Champions League, you can play. If not, you can't. This is the problem. The tactics are not important."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20052493

If tactics are not important, what the <deleted> do you need a manager for?

Edited by rixalex

I hope not, and I dont think so. I am still a big fan of Mancini. Just a bit puzzled by what he supposedly said after the game....... saying it was his fault as he had not prepared enough for the game!!blink.png

Dont know whether its what he actually said, or its the language barrier, or he is just trying to take the pressure of the players? Just seemed a strange statement to make.

I was more puzzled by what he said here:

Mancini did not feel the changes of approach should have derailed his side, adding: "We changed for five minutes to three at the back, but we always have 11 players.

"I don't think that is important - three, four, five, six or seven defenders. If someone wants that as an excuse then OK, but it's not the reason.

"If you have the spirit or quality to play in the Champions League, you can play. If not, you can't. This is the problem. The tactics are not important."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20052493

If tactics are not important, what the <deleted> do you need a manager for?

He wants another £200m is what I'm hearing....rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't normally post something like this but just to show the RAGS that other teams have injuries as well wink.png

Champions Manchester City are again without playmaker David Silva and a number of other players for their Barclays Premier League clash with Swansea.

Silva continues to struggle with the hamstring injury which has kept him out for the past two games while defenders Pablo Zabaleta (hamstring) and Maicon (foot), and midfielders Javi Garcia (thigh) and Jack Rodwell (hamstring) are also missing.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz293NvmBGK

I wouldn't normally post something like this but just to show the RAGS that other teams have injuries as well wink.png

Champions Manchester City are again without playmaker David Silva and a number of other players for their Barclays Premier League clash with Swansea.

Silva continues to struggle with the hamstring injury which has kept him out for the past two games while defenders Pablo Zabaleta (hamstring) and Maicon (foot), and midfielders Javi Garcia (thigh) and Jack Rodwell (hamstring) are also missing.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz293NvmBGK

5 first team players out is about par for the course at most points of the season. From what Ive read on the forums Spurs, Man U and Arsenal certainly have at least that number. Here's our seven in case you dont believe that its truly first teamers. Szesny, Sagna, Gibbs, Diaby, Wilshere, Oxlade Chamberlain, Walcott

Forgot Rosicky. That's 8. Should still have beaten Norwich and got a point out of Schalke with the quality we were still able to field. Winning trophies is all about making the best of an imperfect world, as Chelsea showed in the CL and Man U repeatedly show in the EPL. [My team has been really crap at that for many a season!]

Edited by SantiSuk

young boy to insist on taking a penalty in the 90th minute, where the result depends on it... takes balls!

Young boy?? unsure.png I know he acts like one, but he's 22 years old and (over) paid a fortune, for cries sake!!

This is a young boy

8927643-young-boy-kicking-soccer-ball-during-soccer-match.jpg

• Like 1

young boy to insist on taking a penalty in the 90th minute, where the result depends on it... takes balls!

Young boy?? unsure.png I know he acts like one, but he's 22 years old and (over) paid a fortune, for cries sake!!

This is a young boy

8927643-young-boy-kicking-soccer-ball-during-soccer-match.jpg

22 is too old even for the Frenchman!