Manchester City

mrbojangles

Can't believe that Barry got a one match ban for using abusive language after the Derby, at the 4th official.....wait for it.....Clattenburg !! So at least 2 or 3 United players have been over looked for inciting the crowd but Gareth Barry says a swear word and gets a one match ban.

It's ridiculous, you see players using "abusive" language all the time during a game. This is setting a very dangerous precedent cos that type of punishment after a match must equate to a Red card if it happens on the field.

What amazes me even more, is that I have not seen ONE FA representative or anyone from referees association, come out and condone the Uniteds players actions of inciting the crowd.... not one!!

I had a mate at the match and he said that the players were celebrating DIRECTLY in front of the City fans, AT the City fans, not in front of their own fans. So that nonsense I read about Ferdinand being in front of his own fans when he got struck, is newspaper BS again

Anyway you have your financial report come out and all you can talk about is thiswink.png

Thanks for the lead in, nev.

It makes good reading. We are now recognised as one of Europes elite thumbsup.gif

Long ways to go before we reach Barca and Real Madrid, but we are making progress.

http://www.scotsman....elite-1-2693602

Getting a report in a newspaper from another country............................Man City's version of joining Europe's elitewhistling.gif

Can't believe you bitters on here.......you got beat get over it!!

Barry got yellowed in the match so if he abused the assistant after it he deserves a one game ban.I remember his face when he got booked for barging Rooney to the ground....he looked demonic and it is no surprise that he carried it on .....like yourselves the players where absolutely gutted cheesy.gif at the way in which we won it at the death.

I know I shouldn't be surprised but once again you totally miss the point Red. Firstly, we are over it. It wasn't as if we got a right good record breaking mauling at our own gaff, wink.png so there isn't much to get over really. I sometimes have to wonder what you are thinking when you type Red cos what you say above has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making. All I'm saying is that EVRYONE had better be careful to what they say to the officials. It doesn't take a professional lip reader to understand what players say all the time, on the pitch. By this reckoning, they should all be getting one match bans.

What evidence have City got to show that United's players celebrated directly in front of bitters? for the winning goal they ran to celebrate with the United fans behind the goal,that is all i have seen and Rio got hit from the fan throwing a coin at the side near the corner flag where United's fans where also,another bitter excuse really isn't it boys?rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

What do you mean "what evidence" ? it was on the freakin Telly and was in all the papers. He ran PAST your own fans and straight to the City fans. I can understand going past ours to get to your own but he went past your fans.

Onto yesterday game. Bit ripping, as I flew in yesterday and when I booked the flight we weren't down as the early match but luckily I had only missed the first 25 mins when i got out of the taxi.

From the remainder of the game I saw, I thought we played really well and it was the perfect reply to last weeks disappointment. Couldn't understand why Mancini still selected Nasri after last week though. Gonna be an interesting next few weeks over the festive period.

The first half was the best you played this season in fact That was the best Nasri played until he had to go off as well.

I still think you will miss Toure and looking at your bench yesterday it was not brilliant was only Dzecko of any note as for the Barry incident i thought he said something directly to the official so lip reading is immaterial isn't it?

Anyway a good response from city and a good result.

The first half was the best you played this season in fact That was the best Nasri played until he had to go off as well.

I still think you will miss Toure and looking at your bench yesterday it was not brilliant was only Dzecko of any note

Yeah, of course we'll miss Toure, any team would with a player of his quality. But we'll just have to get on with it. I think we'll do ok.

as for the Barry incident i thought he said something directly to the official so lip reading is immaterial isn't it?

I'm on about us (the viewing audience) lip reading what the players say all the time. I wasn't saying the officials lip read what Barry said.

Ok sorry i misunderstood.....i see a lot of players now with there hands covering there mouths when talking as if they have been told to by the clubs even if most of it is just banter!

But i remember looking at Barry after the ref blew for the foul and he was about to smash the ball away he had lost it so no surprise he said something he regretted after the whistle is it.

Manchester City's Aleksandar Kolarov accused of racial abuse

Police are investigating an allegation that Manchester City player Aleksandar Kolarov racially abused Newcastle United supporters during his side's game at St James' Park.

Northumbria Police confirmed they were investigating a complaint following Saturday's match.

It is alleged Serbia international defender Kolarov, 27, made comments to fans holding an Albanian flag.

There is a history of enmity between Serbia and Albania.

The force said it took such allegations "extremely seriously" and inquiries were ongoing into the incident.

Kolarov is understood to vehemently deny the allegation.

The player came on as a substitute but was replaced 18 minutes from time.

Tensions between Serbia and Albania most recently relate to the majority-Albanian Kosovo, which declared independence from Serbia in 2008.

The two Balkan states fought a war over the disputed province in 1998-99.

Police have asked for anyone who heard or saw anything, or has any information, to contact them.

Edited by MrRed

Police are investigating an allegation that Manchester City player Aleksandar Kolarov racially abused Newcastle United supporters during his side's game at St James' Park.

Northumbria Police confirmed they were investigating a complaint following Saturday's match.

It is alleged Serbia international defender Kolarov, 27, made comments to fans holding an Albanian flag.

The force said it took such allegations "extremely seriously" and inquiries were ongoing into the incident.

Tensions between Serbia and Albania most recently relate to the majority-Albanian Kosovo, which declared independence from Serbia in 2008.

Police have asked for anyone who heard or saw anything, or has any information, to contact them.

The way it's going we'll soon have The International Court of Justice at The Hague involved.

The way it's going we'll soon have The International Court of Justice at The Hague involved.

Well the bitters will need all the help they can get to win the league.

• Like 1

[

Playing with figures to try and fit in with FFP mate, ii am sure you are in Europes elite after the worst ever performance by a english team in the champions league, the big clubs must be quaking in there bootsbiggrin.png

uote]

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbymcmahon/2012/12/16/manchester-city-half-their-loss-but-not-their-financial-fair-play-problems/

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I hear they're after Karadžić and Mladić.

Or rather we just need for you lot NOT to get the normal help that you do wink.png

Just in case any of our new found "I've always supported" Citeh fans were wondering if Sheikh Yabooty could afford it:

Lionel Messi has agreed a contract extension at Barcelona to keep him at the club until 2018.

Barcelona have confirmed that their all-time record scorer, whose contract was due to expire in 2016, will complete the deal "in the coming weeks".

Messi has already enjoyed an extraordinary year, scoring 90 goals so far in 2012 to beat Gurd Muller's 40-year-old record of 85 goals in a calendar year.

The Argentine international previously had a £200m buy-out clause on his estimated £180,000-a-week contract, although Barca have yet to release any financial details about the new deal.

Not gonna happen.

biggrin.png

Just in case any of our new found "I've always supported" Citeh fans were wondering if Sheikh Yabooty could afford it:

Lionel Messi has agreed a contract extension at Barcelona to keep him at the club until 2018.

Barcelona have confirmed that their all-time record scorer, whose contract was due to expire in 2016, will complete the deal "in the coming weeks".

Messi has already enjoyed an extraordinary year, scoring 90 goals so far in 2012 to beat Gurd Muller's 40-year-old record of 85 goals in a calendar year.

The Argentine international previously had a £200m buy-out clause on his estimated £180,000-a-week contract, although Barca have yet to release any financial details about the new deal.

Not gonna happen.

biggrin.png

Messi is wise as he has only known Barcelona for ten years since making his debut at 16

There's no guarantee he would be the same player in another team. Some can make the transition and some can't.

Not gonna happen.

biggrin.png

Messi is wise as he has only known Barcelona for ten years since making his debut at 16

There's no guarantee he would be the same player in another team. Some can make the transition and some can't.

Yep but he'd make an excellent bench player wouldn't he. smile.png

i can just hear scrotum face; yeh yeh he's a lovely boy and we'd luv 'im at QPR but he's contracted to another club. ermm.gif

• Like 1

Why do you lot oppose the idea of balancing your books then gents?

I suppose the owner thinks having to break even so soon will be difficult to achieve considering the amount of money he has pumped in.

He has however, always stated that the eventual business plan in this project is to make it a viable business. This is simply too soon but I,m sure they will come up with something wink.png

I suppose the owner thinks having to break even so soon will be difficult to achieve considering the amount of money he has pumped in.

He has however, always stated that the eventual business plan in this project is to make it a viable business. This is simply too soon but I,m sure they will come up with something wink.png

Those Arab Magicians are amazing are they not?

Or they can sweep it all under there Magic Carpet biggrin.png

• Like 1

Or they can sweep it all under there Magic Carpet biggrin.png

I think they will conveniently discover Oil under the new academy field biggrin.png

Thank you Man City, you cheered me up today. One of the few teams I enjoy seeing us play at home. Merry Christmas.

Well done but you must be some sort of massachist to enjoy it. I don't know how you keep on being so stuffy against us, you really are becoming a bogey team for us at your gaff.

• Like 1

Last weekend City looked really flat against a fairly dismal Reading and were lucky to come away with a win in the dying seconds. Reading should of had a penalty for a clear hand ball in the box by Nastasic, and then Shorey obliged Barry by bending over and allowing him to use his back as a springboard. Anyway, point being, you ride your luck when you can.

Just before half time Sunderland had a free kick just outside to box. I forget who took it, but the ball was struck quite hard and the last man in the City wall (not sure who) put his head there and it was cleared. How different, from when the little hobbit was in the wall a few games ago, hid behind Dzeko whilst sticking out his little leg resulting in a goal.

IMO City should sell Balotelli, The Hobbit and Dzeko.

They should try their hardest to buy Suarez.....yes, we know he dives, but he's a real class act and does a lot of work.