Manchester City

mrbojangles

What's with all the crazy driving at City?

Carlos Tevez has been arrested for allegedly driving while disqualified. If charged and found guilty the the Manchester City striker, banned from driving for six months in January, faces the prospect of time in jail. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/carlos-tevez-faces-possible-jail-sentence-after-arrest-for-driving-disqualified-8527391.html

This arrest follows the driving-related incident involving Courtney Meppen-Walter, an 18-year-old Manchester City youth team player, who was sentenced to 16 months in jail after killing two people while driving his Mercedes at 56mph in a 30mph limit in Manchester.

I would hardly call it an epidemic that is running rife throughout the club, Ups.

Carlos is an absolute numpty if he was driving whilst banned and there is no excuse. The Courtney one was mentioned on here when it happened, which if I remember rightly was about the summer of 2012.

Mate of mine shared a cell with Terry Fenwick (some might remember ex Spurs player) who did time for D&D. Terry needed looking after and i suspect Carlos will fare non too well given the same fate

What's with all the crazy driving at City?

Carlos Tevez has been arrested for allegedly driving while disqualified. If charged and found guilty the the Manchester City striker, banned from driving for six months in January, faces the prospect of time in jail. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/carlos-tevez-faces-possible-jail-sentence-after-arrest-for-driving-disqualified-8527391.html

This arrest follows the driving-related incident involving Courtney Meppen-Walter, an 18-year-old Manchester City youth team player, who was sentenced to 16 months in jail after killing two people while driving his Mercedes at 56mph in a 30mph limit in Manchester.

I would hardly call it an epidemic that is running rife throughout the club, Ups.

Carlos is an absolute numpty if he was driving whilst banned and there is no excuse. The Courtney one was mentioned on here when it happened, which if I remember rightly was about the summer of 2012.

Mate of mine shared a cell with Terry Fenwick (some might remember ex Spurs player) who did time for D&D. Terry needed looking after and i suspect Carlos will fare non too well given the same fate

Tevez will not do time.

He has a very good brief, maybe not as good as Nick Freeman, but good enoughclap2.gif

• Like 1

To be fair Carms, I don't actually think driving whilst banned is an automatic custodial sentence, even for the average Joe. Albeit prison is the maximum punishment, I would think further bans and fines, community service etc would be more the norm. It all comes down to circumstance, i.e. did Tevez resist arrest, try to drive away etc.

To be fair Carms, I don't actually think driving whilst banned is an automatic custodial sentence, even for the average Joe. Albeit prison is the maximum punishment, I would think further bans and fines, community service etc would be more the norm. It all comes down to circumstance, i.e. did Tevez resist arrest, try to drive away etc.

Actually i forgot to say my friend was nicked for D&D whilst on a ban!! Served three months. Maybe that makes more sense. Don't know the full details about Terry Fenwick but he did two months!

He will get community service not jail, maybe he can give golfing lessons?

Yes and another example of footballers proving that they, with their money are above the law and can do what they please. All wrong in my book

Lots of folks above the law these laws what with all their money. IMHO, footballers way down the list.wink.png

Actually i forgot to say my friend was nicked for D&D whilst on a ban!! Served three months. Maybe that makes more sense. Don't know the full details about Terry Fenwick but he did two months!

Its possible to get a custodial sentence for Drinking and Driving. I have not known it for Driving whilst Disqualified, unless its a repeat offence.

With the brief he has, and the story/extenuating circumstances, that are bound to come out, he will be hit with a fine and MAYBE longer ban.

On a lighter note, I was just reading an article about Paul Dickov, and it reminded me of this....

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/features/2011/march/greatest-manchester-city-comebacks-v-gillingham-1999

Only 13 yrs ago, in the 3rd tier of football, and if we hadnt scored twice in the last 4 minutes, who knows where we would be now!!

It still brings a tear to my eye, and makes me ever more grateful of what we are blessed with now!!smile.png

Its possible to get a custodial sentence for Drinking and Driving. I have not known it for Driving whilst Disqualified, unless its a repeat offence.

With the brief he has, and the story/extenuating circumstances, that are bound to come out, he will be hit with a fine and MAYBE longer ban.

No real reason then for him to not go on breaking the law.

Yep, they'll be replaced but poor buys considering between 24 & 27 Million each!

Judging from news today, it looks more and more like Dzeko's gone. A shame, as there were times I thought he might turn into a consistent threat up front. But overall he was too hot and cold, and also showed poor judgement in some situations. I think Mancini got weary of the blasted shots nowhere near the mark, when a thoughtful pass or holding the ball would have been the better choice.

Balotelli gone. Nasri gone (as in no good), Dzeko going. but also gone, Sinclair and Rodwell in.....all part of Mancini's long term tactical plan and team building.

Don't worry Up, they'll be replaced. In fairness to Mancini though, don't think he had much say in the Rodwell, Sinclair signings and his hand was forced cos of Marwood's balls up

Who is to say that anyone else Mancini buys will be worth it?

His buying record isn't exactly shrewd

Yep. On that we do agree

To be honest lads it is more and more difficult for any club to actually make a shrewd purchase these days. Especially clubs in the upper echelons of the EPL. Prices are so ridiculous to any of these clubs, for any player they go for a premium is added on. If a player doesn't work out these days it's a massive balls up because of the ludicrous amount of money you've had to shell out.

Or anyone, for that matter.

The laws and the courts are a joke.

Main reason I left all those yrs agosmile.png

Only 13 yrs ago, in the 3rd tier of football, and if we hadnt scored twice in the last 4 minutes, who knows where we would be now!!

It still brings a tear to my eye, and makes me ever more grateful of what we are blessed with now!!smile.png

Yep. That was an emotional day indeed jack. The drive home would have been a long one if it weren't for those goals in the dying minutes. In Football the line is thin between feelings of ecstacy and one of wanting to slit your wrists!

Yeah. Lets not get onto Abu-<deleted>-Qatada bah.gif

• Like 1

Not quite anyone Jack. For "ordinary" people, this sort of thing would most likely be having an impact on other areas of their life, like their job. Many employers don't tend to be thrilled about employees having time off for meeting lawyers, court appearances, community service etc. And the fines do tend to have an impact on "ordinary" people.

Anyway, judging by last night's performance, run-ins with the law do clearly agree with Messrs Tevez. Perhaps a bank job before your next game might be just the ticket. biggrin.png

More than happy with that result. We went out and stamped our authority early so as not to let them get in the game. At about 4-0 we took our foot off the peddle but with the strange changes Mancini made it's no wonder.

I see Man United have loaned out their convicted Drink Driving youth (Ryan Tunicliffe) to Barnsley. He played ok but didn't do anything really special apart from trying to remove Lescott's legs.

More than happy with that result. We went out and stamped our authority early so as not to let them get in the game. At about 4-0 we took our foot off the peddle but with the strange changes Mancini made it's no wonder.

I see Man United have loaned out their convicted Drink Driving youth (Ryan Tunicliffe) to Barnsley. He played ok but didn't do anything really special apart from trying to remove Lescott's legs.

Barnsley <deleted>!

Barnsley <deleted>!

Yeah. Why did you loan him to them?

Barnsley <deleted>!

Apparently Mancini enquired about him also but SAF felt that as part of his rehabilitation programme Barnsley were in a better position to help-no divas or chav,s-foreign mercenaries etc etc-this answer your question whistling.gif

Barnsley <deleted>!

Apparently Mancini enquired about him also but SAF felt that as part of his rehabilitation programme Barnsley were in a better position to help-no divas or chav,s-foreign mercenaries etc etc-this answer your question whistling.gif

Ah, thank you very much. So glad that United don't have any chav's, divas and foreign mercenaries (or local one's for that matter). Really peter, nice try, must try harder. D- for that one.

Barnsley <deleted>!

laugh.png

I want to hear more from Peter....unless its Singher after his latest operation. w00t.gif

When Manchester Airport was closed a couple of years back they blamed it on the Icelandic ash cloud when in reality it was the dust thrown up from opening the trophy cabinet at the Etihad Stadium after City,s F A cup final win-it took them 3 weeks to find the key rolleyes.gif

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

I want to hear more from Peter....unless its Singher after his latest operation. w00t.gif

When Manchester Airport was closed a couple of years back they blamed it on the Icelandic ash cloud when in reality it was the dust thrown up from opening the trophy cabinet at the Etihad Stadium after City,s F A cup final win-it took them 3 weeks to find the key rolleyes.gif

Quality clap2.gif

The ash cloud was in April 2010. We won the FA Cup in May 2011. Not very good at this are you mik? If it's your own material, don't give up your day job. If you plagiarised it, give credit to the idiot who got his facts wrong. wink.png