Manchester City

mrbojangles

I'm not in the mood for this Red. We could go round and round in circles all day. Unfortuantely I have an hangover and I've still got to upload everyone's predictions. Carry on.

You finally got it then whistling.gif

since the champions league trouncing! of us by Real that is all i have read on here from you and your Tottenham posse with the occasional scouser adding a touch of jealousy.

You see we would like to post about United but all we(i do speak for most United posters on her)read is the <deleted>,hatred and pure jealousy of all our bitter rivals which as you have just realised is boring,predictable and like banging your head against a wall(or going round in circles)

Sorry about the hangover biggrin.png and thanks for reminding me about the predictions i will get round to them when i have a spare hourwink.png

Ok then red. Totally out of the blue you brought up Hargreaves which is was actually your lot who lost a fortune. Anyway, it seems you want to discuss flops and bad buys etc and I now have a little more time.

How's Bebe doing? That was 7.4m well spent !!

Next

I think the whole "Bebe transfer" stinks. No one pays that sort of money the manager hasn't seen and from some lowere league in Portugal.

You have to wonder why some very pointed questions haven't been asked...

• Like 1

but there will only ever be ONE truly great club in Manchester and they wear red thumbsup.gif

Yeah. Just one major flaw with that. You will NEVER be IN Manchester. thumbsup.gif

Pedantic bitter blue thumbsup.gif

Obviously the truth hurts. Or are you saying that you are IN Manchester

Old Trafford Manchester M16 ORA now that is the address, manchester post code good enough for me.

Old Trafford Manchester M16 ORA now that is the address, manchester post code good enough for me.

It's Greater Manchester nev.

United are in the City of Salford. Man City are in the City of Manchester. Do you think the other boroughs of Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford, Wigan all consider themselves in Manchester or just part of Greater Manchester. Many, many people I know still refuse to put Greater Manchester on their address and still put Lancashire.

Why not be proud and just say you are the best team in Salford.

• Like 2

It's Greater Manchester nev.

United are in the City of Salford. Man City are in the City of Manchester. Do you think the other boroughs of Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford, Wigan all consider themselves in Manchester or just part of Greater Manchester. Many, many people I know still refuse to put Greater Manchester on their address and still put Lancashire.

Why not be proud and just say you are the best team in Salford.

ok you win we will put that down as your 3rd trophy in 44 yearsbiggrin.png and to be pedantic its in the borough of Trafford so get your facts rightthumbsup.gif

"Best team in Salford" is THE most famous football team on the planet,in January 2013 Manchester United became the first sports team in the world to be valued at $ 3 billion, Forbes Magazine valued them at $ 3.3 billion-$1.2 billion more than the next.Our nearest rivals (noisy neighbours) in this fair City of Manchester unfortunately have to RENT their ground from the Council biggrin.png

Edited by petermik

.Our nearest rivals (noisy neighbours) in this fair City of Manchester unfortunately have to RENT their ground from the Council biggrin.png

Again, a slight flaw in your statement. We don't HAVE to rent anything. Our owners could probably buy MANCHESTER and our RAG neighbours area of the Borough of Trafford if they wanted to. They are spending a billion quid on developing the surrounding area, so believe me, they don't HAVE to rent but it certainly is good business sense.

"Best team in Salford" is THE most famous football team on the planet,in January 2013 Manchester United became the first sports team in the world to be valued at $ 3 billion, Forbes Magazine valued them at $ 3.3 billion-$1.2 billion more than the next.Our nearest rivals (noisy neighbours) in this fair City of Manchester unfortunately have to RENT their ground from the Council biggrin.png

wow. that's sort of like david beckham being the most famous footballer on the planet and tom cruise being the most famous movie star. that's amazing.

i'd definitely swap our five european cups for being more famous.

• Like 2

wow. that's sort of like david beckham being the most famous footballer on the planet and tom cruise being the most famous movie star. that's amazing.

i'd definitely swap our five european cups for being more famous.

Ouch laugh.png

LOL

See what i said earlier you get the deluded scouse muppets agreeing with the playthings..clap2.gif

OOH my goodness a scouser-I,d better keep an eye on my alloys from now on whistling.gif

Btw, the biggest club is Real Madrid and it always will be.

Don't really know what famous is? Sounds like something dreamt up by a marketing guru

LOL

See what i said earlier you get the deluded scouse muppets agreeing with the playthings..clap2.gif

OOH my goodness a scouser-I,d better keep an eye on my alloys from now on whistling.gif

They certainly are for me. I have yet to see a forward line to match the one of 1961 that destroyed Eintracht Frankfurt 7-1.

Canario

Del Sol

Di Stefano

Puskas

Gento

Yes, believe it or not it hasn't always been 4-5-1 biggrin.png

Man City finished 12th Div 1 and Man U 15th......Liverpool got promoted to Div 1 with the O's......they went one way we went the other. laugh.png

.........oh and Spurs finished 3rd and won FA Cup........you know, that little club. wink.png

Edited by uptheos

LOL

They certainly are for me. I have yet to see a forward line to match the one of 1961 that destroyed Eintracht Frankfurt 7-1.

Canario

Del Sol

Di Stefano

Puskas

Gento

Yes, believe it or not it hasn't always been 4-5-1 biggrin.png

WOW. How old are you? biggrin.png

When I were a lad

There were full backs, right, centre & left half, inside left & right, outside right & left and centre forward.

Managers without note books to tell them how to play, no substitutes and DEFINITELY no bloody assists!

And when the really great players got £20 quid a week maximum......if they were lucky.

.........you try telling that to the youth of today

Oh and to keep it on Man City........when goalkeepers carried on playing with a broken neck. thumbsup.gif

When I were a lad
There were full backs, right, centre & left half, inside left & right, outside right & left and centre forward.
Managers without note books to tell them how to play, no substitutes and DEFINITELY no bloody assists!
And when the really great players got £20 quid a week maximum......if they were lucky.
Oh and to keep it on Man City........when goalkeepers carried on playing with a broken neck. thumbsup.gif

By my calculations that makes you about 150 years old. Your generation truely is a breed apart. biggrin.png

When I were a lad

By my calculations that makes you about 150 years old. Your generation truely is a breed apart. biggrin.png

Maths isn't your strong point is it Carms. I make it no more than 130 biggrin.png

Oh, hang on. He mentions Bert Trautman, so that's thrown it out a bit.

Back to my point please.

Are teams playing one striker cos of cash issues or cos most of them are just crap/ none available?

We have 4 strikers and we are 300 million in debt, maybe some teams are not attacking enough to warrant more than one strikerthumbsup.gif

When I were a lad

Maths isn't your strong point is it Carms. I make it no more than 130 biggrin.png

Oh, hang on. He mentions Bert Trautman, so that's thrown it out a bit.

Guarded him in a POW camp. laugh.png

Some of us need more of them....that's for sure but not exactly in abundance are they?

Dunno why....what's better than not having to defend and grabbing all the glory...?

Who is the best ''lone' striker in the PL?

I can't think of a 'best' right now.

Some of us need more of them....that's for sure but not exactly in abundance are they?

Dunno why....what's better than not having to defend and grabbing all the glory...?

Whether he wanted to be "lone" or not. Luis Suarez for me, hands down. He has shown he can play with or without support and wherever Liverpool want to put him. On football merits alone, he should get player of the year due to his consistency all season.

Whether he wanted to be "lone" or not. Luis Suarez for me, hands down. He has shown he can play with or without support and wherever Liverpool want to put him. On football merits alone, he should get player of the year due to his consistency all season.

Tend to agree Mr.B, he's some player and has sort of become a lone striker by default.

I suppose I was wondering who the best natural centre forward could be, they're a pretty drab lot........probably Lukaku is as good as any if not better. Be interesting to see how they play him at Chelsea.