Manchester City

mrbojangles

Neymar has snubbed Manchester City by stating he wants to join a “big” club, like Barcelona, Real Madrid or Chelsea. biggrin.png

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-neymar-delivers-1772260

Isn't there an agreement in place with Madrid?

There is an agreement in place with Barca.

I think they made a downpayment last year.

But there is a loophole in the agreement, whereby if somebody comes up and pays more, then the original 'agreement' is overridden

Neymar has snubbed Manchester City by stating he wants to join a “big” club, like Barcelona, Real Madrid or Chelsea. biggrin.png

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-neymar-delivers-1772260

But there is a loophole in the agreement, whereby if somebody comes up and pays more, then the original 'agreement' is overridden

So theres no agreement really! Football really has gone mental!!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

So theres no agreement really! Football really has gone mental!!

I just looked it up. There is an agreement in place, whereby Barca have paid just over 10 million as a dipper.

If Santos sell him to another club, they have to pay to Barca about 16 mill. City have already said they would pay the asking price, plus the 16 mill 'default' payment

ESPN reporting that Yaya's agent has given an ultimatum-a new contract this week or Yaya bids adios. I hope this is more agent rubbish. Despite getting older Yaya is still a force.

Problem I have with newspapers and media outlets nowadays, is that most of them make up stories or exaggerate most of the time.

So its impossible to know how much or how little is true of the above.

I know Yaya only a couple of weeks ago, was saying he wanted to end his career at City.

I know one of the requirements by City, in offering him a new contract, was that he agreed not to play in the next African Nations.

I know one of the requirements by City, in offering him a new contract, was that he agreed not to play in the next African Nations.

Dead right. I think it should be written into any African players contract who wants to ply his trade and play full time in Europe. Either that or don't sign them.

The problem is that they go missing for about 2 months right in the middle of the season. And as in Yaya's case, they insisted he was there early for a bladdy meeting, not even a match and so he missed another crucial game for the club that actually pays for his bread and butter. Also a lot of the National Teams don't insure the players on international duty. Therefore, if he gets injured, it's the club who have to pay the price. At least the England setup recompenses the club.

• Like 1

ESPN reporting that Yaya's agent has given an ultimatum-a new contract this week or Yaya bids adios. I hope this is more agent rubbish. Despite getting older Yaya is still a force.

Problem I have with newspapers and media outlets nowadays, is that most of them make up stories or exaggerate most of the time.

I know Yaya only a couple of weeks ago, was saying he wanted to end his career at City.

So City are insisting that, if he wants a new contract, he must turn his back on his country then.

Yet Rio's getting slated for saying he can't play for just two games.

• Like 1

So City are insisting that, if he wants a new contract, he must turn his back on his country then.

Rio's issue doesn't have the same conflict between club and national team. We have an International break to allow players to participate in their World Cup qualifiers. The African nations players will also go away for this too.

Let's be clear here, it is only the players from the African nations who this conflict of club Vs country affects. The rest of the world don't hold these so called competitions bang in the middle of the season every 2 years.

No thats not the case at all.

The length of the contract and the overall amount, ie top whack, would be given if he agreed not to attend African Nations cup. They would still offer him a contract, though not as lucrative, if he still wanted to attend African Nations.

Regarding Yaya, below is part of a statement by his agent. I have been back to UK only twice in the last 15yrs, last time I was there about 18 months ago, I went to Citys ground, including the club shop, so I cannot confirm or deny what is being said here.

“They are still discussing small details, not the salary. For a player
like Yaya and a club like City it’s bad to see this. A pat on the back
is more important than anything, you know. Around the stadium while
there are pictures of every player of City commemorating their recent
successes there is not a single one of Yaya. At the club shop you can
find shirts to buy with the names of every player, but not Yaya’s.

Mr BOJ or any other Blues..... is that true?

Seems a bit far fetched to me!!

Direct quote, again, from his agent.

Really does seem as though he is upset with certain parties at City!!!

“Barcelona and Real Madrid arrange private flights when players go to pick up awards. Their club presidents attended the FIFA Ballon D’Or in Zurich
to be with their players. When Yaya went to pick up the award for
Africa Player of the Year he took regular flights and paid for them.
Nobody from the club went with him.

“City are a big club but did not arrange anything for Yaya. They never
offered to pay for his flights and, of course, Yaya would never ask for
that. It’s ridiculous, just for a few hundred pounds. But it shows their
mentality because this award was big for the international prestige of
City, too.

“I live in Barcelona and a lot of people still say that letting him leave was the biggest mistake they made in recent years. Roberto Mancini has been brilliant and very supportive. He appreciates what Yaya means to the club. But not the staff.

“It started with Brian Marwood and now it continues with the same people that were at Barcelona when Yaya was forced to leave. Txiki is a new technical director and maybe he wants to bring in other players to replace Yaya.

“If the contract was to be finished, done and signed in three days then
maybe Yaya would be convinced to stay. But I don’t think so. They will
not do it and Yaya will not change his mind.”

Just boils down to, give me more money or i will leave.

Nothing new here no loyalty now in football money talks.

coffee1.gif

Read the quotes from the agent. Its not about 'Give me more money or I will leave"

At least read the articles I post, nev!!

I have done the hard part for you... all you have to do is read and digesttongue.png

Dead right. I think it should be written into any African players contract who wants to ply his trade and play full time in Europe. Either that or don't sign them.

The problem is that they go missing for about 2 months right in the middle of the season. And as in Yaya's case, they insisted he was there early for a bladdy meeting, not even a match and so he missed another crucial game for the club that actually pays for his bread and butter. Also a lot of the National Teams don't insure the players on international duty. Therefore, if he gets injured, it's the club who have to pay the price. At least the England setup recompenses the club.

I've noticed that The Messiah,on the seedier part of Manchester, doesn't make a habit of signing African players of direct descent.Fortune and Djemba-Djemba are the only two I can think of and I don't remember them pulling up trees.

I've noticed that The Messiah, on the seedier part of Manchester,

Hahahahaha, this is brilliant..... You've not been Citys newer ground have you..... Its no chuffin Knightsbridge, let me tell you. Between Harpurhay, Miles Platting and Beswick and West Gorton.............. Brilliant... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

redrus

• Like 1

.......as long as it's a big club. wink.png

Leave the council tenants alone redrus! tongue.png

Stop jumping on the bandwagon smokes. I thought you were better than that.

Yeee haaaa! laugh.png

You take the reigns (soi) cowboy........ ;)

redrus

Regarding Yaya, below is part of a statement by his agent. I have been back to UK only twice in the last 15yrs, last time I was there about 18 months ago, I went to Citys ground, including the club shop, so I cannot confirm or deny what is being said here.

“They are still discussing small details, not the salary. For a player

like Yaya and a club like City it’s bad to see this. A pat on the back

is more important than anything, you know. Around the stadium while

there are pictures of every player of City commemorating their recent

successes there is not a single one of Yaya. At the club shop you can

find shirts to buy with the names of every player, but not Yaya’s.

Mr BOJ or any other Blues..... is that true?

Seems a bit far fetched to me!!

Not something I've ever noticed TBH jack but I'm similar to you and not been back to the UK alot over the last 5 years.

I've noticed that The Messiah, on the seedier part of Manchester,

Hahahahaha, this is brilliant..... You've not been Citys newer ground have you..... Its no chuffin Knightsbridge, let me tell you. Between Harpurhay, Miles Platting and Beswick and West Gorton.............. Brilliant... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

redrus

Correct rus they didn't upgrade much after there move from Maine road did they! tongue.png The Moss,Hulme,Rusholme and Fallowfield.............biggrin.pngcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Bit of "kettle, pot, black" there boys. The best thing about OT is the train stop that takes people into Manchester

You misunderstand, you remember what a shit hole is don't you. Now I know its tough to think of it from your compound or the loving bosom of Rochdalesestershire, but your team did move from one to another. We, have just about always been in the industrial side of Manchester, the borough of Trafford.

Old Trafford is an area of Stretford,[1] in the Trafford borough of Greater Manchester, England. It is 2 miles (3.2 km) southwest of Manchester city centre. The crossroads sites of two old toll gates roughly delineate the borders of the area:Brooks's Bar to the east and Trafford Bar to the west.

wai2.gifwai.gif

redrus