Manchester City

mrbojangles

I am really curious about the word holistic, and what that means in terms of the club. I think there has been some major callings out within the club, and Mankini has not helped himself either, by moaning about transfer policy continually. He's also, so we are led to believe fallen out with Hart, Kompany and a few others. Anyway, the club have shown their rue colors, at this rate Chavski will ave some real competition.

Reading between the lines, Mancini wouldnt tow the company line.

Begiristan believes in having a coach who just coaches. He believes in 4-3-3 from youth team to first team, for easy transition, with concentration on youth.

Mancini on the other hand believed you can play multiple systems, hence his dabbling in the 3-5-2.

My understanding of 'holistic approach' is a formula for the whole system, rather than fixing parts within the system. I guess Mancini was seen to be 'against' the system. Bergiristan is a believer in the 'Barcelona Way'

I just feel there were 2 warring factions, and Mancini has lost the war.

I am really curious about the word holistic, and what that means in terms of the club. I think there has been some major callings out within the club, and Mankini has not helped himself either, by moaning about transfer policy continually. He's also, so we are led to believe fallen out with Hart, Kompany and a few others. Anyway, the club have shown their rue colors, at this rate Chavski will ave some real competition.

Begiristan believes in having a coach who just coaches. He believes in 4-3-3 from youth team to first team, for easy transition, with concentration on youth.

Mancini on the other hand believed you can play multiple systems, hence his dabbling in the 3-5-2.

My understanding of 'holistic approach' is a formula for the whole system, rather than fixing parts within the system. I guess Mancini was seen to be 'against' the system. Bergiristan is a believer in the 'Barcelona Way'

That would appear to be a fair summary. It was a war that he was never going to win given Bergiristans position and it may also be that the club are not just going to get the cheque book out all the time, which seemed to be what Mankini wanted to do.

We kept telling Jack but he wouldn't have it, perhaps we know more about Man City than him 24.gif

Alfie, you are such a bore!! What are you going on about? What did you keep telling me?coffee1.gif

I think the warning signs were there at Christmas. On November 30, Man City were 1 point behind United after 14 games, on December 31 they were 7 points behind after 20 games........the rest is history. The Manchester clubs went on different tracks and finally, losing to Wigan was probably the straw. I suppose the owners were reluctant to do what was necessary, a lot earlier, after all no-one likes giving away 30 million for nothing.

That would appear to be a fair summary. It was a war that he was never going to win given Bergiristans position and it may also be that the club are not just going to get the cheque book out all the time, which seemed to be what Mankini wanted to do.

I think he underestimated the power that Marwood has, and he definately underestimated the Spanish Amigos.

We kept telling Jack but he wouldn't have it, perhaps we know more about Man City than him 24.gif

Alfie, you are such a bore!! What are you going on about? What did you keep telling me?coffee1.gif

I think the warning signs were there at Christmas. On November 30, Man City were 1 point behind United after 14 games, on December 31 they were 7 points behind after 20 games........the rest is history. The Manchester clubs went on different tracks and finally, losing to Wigan was probably the straw. I suppose the owners were reluctant to do what was necessary, a lot earlier, after all no-one likes giving away 30 million for nothing.

First of all, the sacking will cost them 7 million, MAX

Secondly, I guess the litmus test will be how City perform, or how certain individuals perform against Reading and Norwich. Will be interesting to see.

horribly handled by city - and whoever the leak was, nice one for ensuring that the papers were full of mancini out and pellegrini in stories on the morning of the cup final.

no particular love for mancini - don't think he comes across all that well and he's never really struck me as a particularly intelligent manager. but he probably deserved a bit more respect than this.

Anyway, the club have shown their rue colors, at this rate Chavski will ave some real competition.

We gave him 3.5 years which ain't that bad in this day and age. Now just because you have had a guy for 26 years (which indeed is special), I think if I was you I would wait to see how long you give Moyes first. Because they won't give him as long as they gave Fergie.

Anyway, the club have shown their rue colors, at this rate Chavski will ave some real competition.

We gave him 3.5 years which ain't that bad in this day and age. Now just because you have had a guy for 26 years (which indeed is special), I think if I was you I would wait to see how long you give Moyes first. Because they won't give him as long as they gave Fergie.

I think Mancini just lost his way this season. The crappy signings didn't help and were clearly not his to make.

What has gone on is certainly bizarre and the first thing City should do is plug that leak.

Pants down and see who is wearing red boxers.....! tongue.png

I think Moyes will struggle and ultimately fail to meet the expectations that are very different from those of Everton.

I doubt he'll last more than a season. I think he's nothing more than a stop gap anyway.

Decent enough bloke, just not in the big league of managers.

Back to City, dreadful handling, piss poor, totally unprofessional and disrespectful. Pelligrini's seems a very good manager but should have been Klopp.

Edited by carmine

True, if the club go on a downward spiral, which I doubt, the fans will not be patient. I think Rooney and Evra will go and you will see Baines come in and a big name signing, maybe one that is unexpected.

The first couple of years Fergie will be guiding Moyes anyway and I think this would have been agreed to.

I think Mancini leaving is good for City, but I certainly don't like the way it has been handled. Pelagrini is a strange choice, that wreaks of the old pals club, but we have to wait and see how he does.

horribly handled by city - and whoever the leak was, nice one for ensuring that the papers were full of mancini out and pellegrini in stories on the morning of the cup final.

no particular love for mancini - don't think he comes across all that well and he's never really struck me as a particularly intelligent manager. but he probably deserved a bit more respect than this.

I think I probably agree with all of that stevie. I've said it many times on here before that my jury was out on Mancini and mainly down to his lack of man management skills. I do thank Mancini for ending our trophy drought but I'm not one bit sad about this news as with the resources he was given I think I could have achieved the same.

My main concern now is who we get. I am hoping and praying Pelligrini isn't a done deal and it's all just bull. Interesting how on the City statement it says Brian Kidd will take over for the last 2 games and the tour of the US. Which would suggest that maybe, just maybe, they haven't decided on Pelligrini.

I think Moyes will struggle and ultimately fail to meet the expectations that are very different from those of Everton.

I doubt he'll last more than a season. I think he's nothing more than a stop gap anyway.

Back to City, dreadful handling, piss poor, totally unprofessional and disrespectful. Pelligrini's seems a very good manager but should have been Klopp.

moyes is going to have to manage fan expectation as much as anything else. if they're not playing well and not rolling teams over in the way that they have done under ferguson - which they almost certainly won't be - then the pressure on moyes will increase. and after ten relatively comfortable, expectation-free years at everton, he's not exactly experienced at handling big club pressure.

I think Mancini just lost his way this season. The crappy signings didn't help and were clearly not his to make.

What has gone on is certainly bizarre and the first thing City should do is plug that leak.

Difficult to stop leaks at any club, due to the amount of staff they have. And I agree he wasn't helped by Marwood in the summer but he still had a squad of top class players who I believe on several occasions, he failed to get the best out of.

moyes is going to have to manage fan expectation as much as anything else. if they're not playing well and not rolling teams over in the way that they have done under ferguson - which they almost certainly won't be - then the pressure on moyes will increase. and after ten relatively comfortable, expectation-free years at everton, he's not exactly experienced at handling big club pressure.

Why would this current team + + almost certainly not be playing as well under Moyes as they did Ferguson?

I think I probably agree with all of that stevie. I've said it many times on here before that my jury was out on Mancini and mainly down to his lack of man management skills. I do thank Mancini for ending our trophy drought but I'm not one bit sad about this news as with the resources he was given I think I could have achieved the same.

My main concern now is who we get. I am hoping and praying Pelligrini isn't a done deal and it's all just bull. Interesting how on the City statement it says Brian Kidd will take over for the last 2 games and the tour of the US. Which would suggest that maybe, just maybe, they haven't decided on Pelligrini.

I think its because the Spanish season doesnt finish until June. The US tour is in May.

Why would this current team + + almost certainly not be playing as well under Moyes as they did Ferguson?

because moyes isn't as good a manager as ferguson. not even remotely or nearly.

unless you're disputing that?

I think its because the Spanish season doesnt finish until June. The US tour is in May.

But our season doesn't finish until next week and Moyes has been appointed United manager. I'm just grasping at straws in the hope that Pelligrini isn't a done deal smile.png

Secondly, I guess the litmus test will be how City perform, or how certain individuals perform against Reading and Norwich. Will be interesting to see.

If Man City play well - it's "good old Mancini why are we sacking him!".

If Man City play badly - it's, "about time he went anyway, we need a fresh approach"

Nope, not disputing that at all, but a manager change, doesn't mean that the players will not be as good as usual.

The change over was expected at some point, the fans have accepted it and I think Moyes will be OK. We will see.

Liverpool have made a pigs ear with their managerial dealings, which doesn't mean Man U will too.

• Like 1

Nope, not disputing that at all, but a manager change, doesn't mean that the players will not be as good as usual.

The change over was expected at some point, the fans have accepted it and I think Moyes will be OK. We will see.

Liverpool have made a pigs ear with their managerial dealings, which doesn't mean Man U will too.

but nobody is talking about liverpool are they? so why bring them into it?

moyes isn't as good a manager as ferguson. the expectation levels on him will be huge, expectations that ferguson's had decades to adjust to and manage. i don't think it's going to be as seamless as many united fans seem to think it will be.

Difficult to stop leaks at any club, due to the amount of staff they have. And I agree he wasn't helped by Marwood in the summer but he still had a squad of top class players who I believe on several occasions, he failed to get the best out of.

I don't agree about the leaks. Loose lips sink ships. The matter of Mancini's future only needed to be discussed on a need to know basis. Its just plain sloppy management by highly paid executives that should have handled this a whole lot better. and a head should roll for it. Maybe Marwood because he's always given the impression of being a deeply uninspiring individual unless someone knows otherwise. Or Brian Kidd, a failed manager that runs with the foxes and hunts with the hounds. Wouldn't want that snake covering my back. Always comes across as a bit dim too.smile.png

God loves a tryer Stevie and thats what Moyes is. He's a grafter with grit and determination. Moyes teams don't roll over anyone, they grind.

but nobody is talking about liverpool are they? so why bring them into it?

moyes isn't as good a manager as ferguson. the expectation levels on him will be huge, expectations that ferguson's had decades to adjust to and manage. i don't think it's going to be as seamless as many united fans seem to think it will be.

I'm with you. Man Ure fans are fickle and the chances are they will be on his back at the first sign of trouble.

God loves a tryer Stevie and thats what Moyes is. He's a grafter with grit and determination. Moyes teams don't roll over anyone, they grind.

moyes has done a decent enough job at everton, but tactically he's extremely basic. past couple of seasons it's been a couple of fast, technical lads wide to get in and play off fellaini to whom they lash the ball up to.

previous years his idea of a plan b when they needed to win or draw a match was to throw david weir, duncan ferguson or victor anichebe on up front and lash the ball up to them.

united fans will be in for a bit of a culture shock.

Edited by StevieH

If Man City play well - it's "good old Mancini why are we sacking him!".

If Man City play badly - it's, "about time he went anyway, we need a fresh approach"

Not at all.

If City play well over the next couple of games, then that will show me that the problem absolutely was at Mancinis door, and that the players did not want to play for him.

If they play like they did against Wigan, then there is something more to it.

moyes has done a decent enough job at everton, but tactically he's extremely basic. past couple of seasons it's been a couple of fast, technical lads wide to get in and play off fellaini to whom they lash the ball up to.

previous years his idea of a plan b when they needed to win or draw a match was to throw david weir, duncan ferguson or victor anichebe on up front and lash the ball up to them.

Moyes wasn't managing the greatest club in the world, so how can you really compare him with Ferguson?

He now hasn't got the likes of Weir, Ferguson and Anichebe, he's got some of the best players in the world and will probably acquire more world class players.

He's only managed 2 teams since 1998 and who is to say that with the resources he now has, that he won't be a really good manager?

Come to that who is to say Pelagrini won't also be hailed as the greatest City manager one day? Although he certainly has more work in front of him than Moyes.

Edited by uptheos

David Moyes is the Cliff Thorburn of the Football world, minus the trophies

David Moyes is the Cliff Thorburn of the Football world, minus the trophies

He doesn't have mustache? biggrin.png

Moyes wasn't managing the greatest club in the world, so how can you really compare him with Ferguson?

He now hasn't got the likes of Weir, Ferguson and Anichebe, he's got some of the best players in the world and will probably acquire more world class players.

He's only managed 2 teams since 1998 and who is to say that with the resources he now has, that he won't be a really good manager?

Come to that who is to say Pelagrini won't also be hailed as the greatest City manager one day?

you can compare him with ferguson because they're both football managers and one is replacing the other. and one of them has been at the top for 20-odd years winning trophies while the only cup the other one has had his hands on contained tea.

so given that one of them is a hugely experienced, won dozens of trophies behemoth of the game and the other has done alright at a middling club with middling resources, it's a bit presumptuous to say 'might' and 'probably' and assume that united are going to hit the ground running without so much as a blip.