Manchester City

mrbojangles

You Spurs better pony up some hard jack soon, or AVB and Bale will be donning their respective berets and traipsing over to Paree.thumbsup.giftongue.png

Yeah we'll just put the priceat a brand new 60000 seater stadium. biggrin.png

Adebayor will love it !tongue.png

How quickly they turn into big time charlies eh carms? rolleyes.gif

Nigeria has a lot of oil, how about Goodluck Johnathan buying out the Lilywhites.

All we want are a couple of strikers....a creative midfielder as well.

Not much to ask now is it?

The last thing any of us wants to see is the mockery of Monaco. wink.png

The powers to be can't tell talk from mutter. biggrin.png

I think Levy is crapping himself at the prospect of NOT getting 100 Million for AVB &GB.

He doesn't know whether to buy, shit or get off the pot.

How quickly they turn into big time charlies eh carms? Posted Image

Maybe I am a bit thick here, but how does my response to what carmine said, make us big time charlies, smokes?

Buy buy buy mate.

I'm not knocking it....simply enjoying the reaction you are all habing after years of potless misery.

I'd love to see £100m spent on our team.....not much more though....when a team changes too much year to year it loses continuity with the fans.

Unless you're a chav of course.

• Like 1

Everythings very quiet at the moment, isn't it about time you lot bought a new player, after all it must be a week since your last signing !

Well I suppose we could do a Daniel Levy, and leave it until 10 minutes before the end of the deadline and then offer 5 Bob for someone.http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/stor

oryle_emoticons/default/laugh.png

or the complete other end of the stupidity spectrum would have been to spend large on the recommendation of a manager that wasn't sigmed up yet .but that of coarse never happened,did it!!! Edited by rijit

whats worse....nonchalently pissing money up the wall or spending nothing?

That's got to be straight out of the Levvy's "500 ways to be tight" book of economics. There would have been 600 ways but he wanted to save on ink.

Life isn't that black and white and there is a whole range of options that fall between those two extremities.

Maybe I am a bit thick here, but how does my response to what carmine said, make us big time charlies, smokes?

Buy buy buy mate.

I'm not knocking it....simply enjoying the reaction you are all habing after years of potless misery.

I'd love to see £100m spent on our team.....not much more though....when a team changes too much year to year it loses continuity with the fans.

Unless you're a chav of course.

Good point.

Thats why City fans of my generation, or those who are 40 +, will always appreciate what we have now.

I posted a video a few posts back. If you get chance watch it, smokes. Its very good . One of Citys commentators and lifelong fans is Ian Cheeseman. He makes the very point that you are alluding to. But that is where City are different to say United fans. We are more appreciative of what we have and are not arrogant. Hopefully the 'new' generation of fans will keep that way.

• Like 1

Nigeria has a lot of oil, how about Goodluck Johnathan buying out the Lilywhites.

in business comparisons he would be an african version of Terry Venerbles so no thanks. But, i really like his hat!

With transfer dealings so far at what @35 mil? and talk of more to come, and with all the first team seemingly on huge contracts making them dificult to shift on, And with a loss cap of 38 mil and a red director

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/former-manchester-united-chief-david-gill-on-a-collision-course-with-manchester-city-over-financial-role-8662638.html

in charge of regulating the financial fair play clap2.gif things could be looking less than rosy for your European aspirations.w00t.gif

Can't see how there isn't a conflict of interest with Gill still on the board at United. It's akin to nepotism.

maybe at utd he's just paid to attend meetings once or twice a year, not sure but i wouldn't say him being the chair of the fair play com'teeclap2.gif enhanced the

empathy angle, which you may need, cos a way out is you need 2 b 'visibly looking 2 meet the rules' s with these signings,outing mancini ect ect, it wouldnt be unfair to say visibility you aint.. Outing teves could save a few quid, but tbh cant see him leaving, with what a year? on his contract,imo he'll be looking 4 a bosman and a huge last European pay day.

as for the rest of the squad, the relatively HUGE wages are great to attract players but do the exact opposite when your tying to sell, could well be probs ahoy for the money boys.

Edited by rijit

We will either meet the FFP rules or we won't. I'm confident we will.

However, I still don't think it's right that somebody who is too close to any club should be on a central/governing body. He'll be a ref in a derby match next!!

However, I still don't think it's right that somebody who is too close to any club should be on a central/governing body. He'll be a ref in a derby match next!!

In Webb we trust

• Like 2

However, I still don't think it's right that somebody who is too close to any club should be on a central/governing body.

Oh really what makes you confident? .

For starters, there is still a whole world of potential sponsors still out there and other money making opportunities. Our owners and managemt team are seriously astute businessmen and they know only too well what they need to adhere to, in order to meet FFP. Champs League is top of their agenda and they will have plans in place, of that I am confident.

For starters, there is still a whole world of potential sponsors still out there and other money making opportunities. Our owners and managemt team are seriously astute businessmen and they know only too well what they need to adhere to, in order to meet FFP. Champs League is top of their agenda and they will have plans in place, of that I am confident.

yeah yeah yeah yeah all hot air bo, THEY HAVE TO BE VISABLY making an effort and would you say they have? new sponsors and new monies have have to be in place for this season pretty soon , what have we seen NOTHING , and cost saving have to be made to the tune of 65 mil, and WHAT have we seen NOTHING, you've already spent inc mancine what? double? what you did last year s transfer window,, and more to come. oh and as for

all industries have governing bodies made up of committees of people working in the industry, if it were a safety issue, you wouldn't care about his connections. No its, all about a rule man city are blatantly ignoring and SEEMINGLY just hoping something will happen and will save the arabs latest scaletric's replacement from a very very costly ban .

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Did you read jack's link rijit?

Anyway, City's fixture list. 4 hard games and then an easy one tongue.png

17 Aug Newcastle HOME

24 Aug Cardiff City AWAY

31 Aug Hull City HOME

14 Sept Stoke City AWAY

21 Sept Man United HOME

28 Sept Aston Villa AWAY

5 Oct Everton HOME

19 Oct West Ham AWAY

26 Oct Chelsea AWAY

2 Nov Norwich City HOME

9 Nov Sunderland AWAY

23 Nov Spurs HOME

30 Nov Swansea HOME

3 Dec WBA AWAY

7 Dec Southampton AWAY

14 Dec Arsenal HOME

21 Dec Fulham AWAY

26 Dec Liverpool HOME

28 Dec Crystal Palace HOME

1 Jan Swansea AWAY

11 Jan Newcastle AWAY

18 Jan Cardiff City HOME

29 Jan Spurs AWAY

1 Feb Chelsea HOME

8 Feb Norwich City AWAY

12 Feb Sunderland HOME

22 Feb Stoke City HOME

1 Mar Man United AWAY

8 Mar Aston Villa HOME

15 Mar Hull City AWAY

22 Mar Fulham HOME

29 Mar Arsenal AWAY

5 April Southampton HOME

12 April Liverpool AWAY

19 April WBA HOME

26 April Crystal Palace AWAY

3 May Everton AWAY

11 May West Ham HOME

This is the second time I have posted this. I suggest you read and learn, rijiitrolleyes.gif

http://www.mancheste...playing-4307773

Explains everything from us halving our debt, reducing wage structure, investing 150 million in youth structure, etc etc, you know all those things that FPP requirewink.png

Maybe thats why Mr BJ and I are confidant that City will adhere to FPP guidelines and will happily compete in Champions League for years to come

Yeah i did bo , i nearly didnt, cos i thought ah well he's come with some huge statement of intent conlusively outlining proposals from the club, but no, he's come up with some raga nd tag article from a local paper cheesy.gif You cant be seriously telling me your pinning your beliefs that the club are trying to meet fair play on that!!!!"w00t.gif Clutching at straws or what, I honestly had you lot as being slightly more realistic than that, tv revenue , EVERYBODIES has gone up, done well with income, but in the last 3? years in general the prem marketability has gone ballistic, so i'm not sure how that would compare with other clubs, taking into the huge cash injection the department would hae hhad. a few obvious transfers and contract endings and the hope your gonna offload a few high earners, really!!!! oh and i nearly forgot the gem, cutting huge wages to competitively top end wages,wai2.gif GOOD PLAN,tbh honest i thought it was a bollacks article, but if it does outline your 'shrewd businessmans' plan ,cheesy.gif frankly best you stat to look forward to a ban.clap2.gif wai2.gif

Yeah,your right rijit. I bow to your superior business acumen. If you give me your contact details I'll ensure our board get them and they can give you a call for some advice on how to meet FFP.

On the other hand. Let's wait and see eh. You never know, our amateur businessmen may get lucky and meet FFP all by themselves.

Yeah,your right rijit. I bow to your superior business acumen. If you give me your contact details I'll ensure our board get them and they can give you a call for some advice on how to meet FFP.

On the other hand. Let's wait and see eh. You never know, our amateur businessmen may get lucky and meet FFP all by themselves.

You want to take a realty check there's No business acumen required in looking at what the article ACTUALLY SAID, and what response did you expect, when you put forward a totally biased, piss poor article?cobbled 2 gether in a mood set to appease city fans with v few ACTUAL facts, that things are being been controlled barring the 80 mil increase in rev', and it doesn't specify whether that's a one off or what, seems the answer at city is spend spend spend, STILL:.clap2.gif

From the article:-

Since the takeover, the Blues have almost doubled their revenue from broadcasting from £48m to £88m and matchday revenue is up from £21m to £31m.

But the biggest increase for the Blues, by far, comes in the commercial revenue department.

A slick global marketing operation, revved up by trips to North America and the Far East, and backed by trophy success, has increased commercial revenue by almost SIX times, from £18m to £112m.

This summers spending recognises that, without building a squad capable of winning trophies, the other aspects of the business are undermined.

And Citys spending is, increasingly, being financed by its own revenue and not simply being funded by a rich mans pockets

Wonder who this could be rolleyes.gif , also from the article:-

You can hear the clicking noise as the snipers load up their rifles, ready to take more pot-shots at Citys profligacy.

I think Rijit spends more time on the City thread than the Spurs thread. Admit it Rijit...you're a closet City fan aren't you ? You've got a poster of Aguero hung up in your closet behind your Batman cape where nobody can see it. tongue.png

You want to take a realty check there's No business acumen required in looking at what the article ACTUALLY SAID, and what response did you expect, when you put forward a totally biased, piss poor article?cobbled 2 gether in a mood set to appease city fans with v few ACTUAL facts, that things are being been controlled barring the 80 mil increase in rev', and it doesn't specify whether that's a one off or what, seems the answer at city is spend spend spend, STILL:.clap2.gif

rijiit, at times you really do come across as being a sandwich short of a picnic!!

The article came from the Manchester Evening News (MEN) which is notoriously known as MUEN (work it outwink.png )

I dont know what parts of the article you didnt get or didnt read or maybe didnt understandblink.png

Fact is that City HAVE reduced and continue to reduce their wage bill. For example our 2 new signings are on less than half of what Tevez, Toure etc are on. At the same time we have took off our wage bill Santa Cruz/Bridge/Kolo Toure/ FACT

We HAVE reduced our debt..FACT, by half.

Revenue from broadcasting has almost..doubled to 88 million. How does the point you are making about this being a 'one off or what', work?

Matchday revenue is up, Commercial revenue up from 18 mill to 112 mill!!

So if you think by quoting facts, because you dont agree with the facts, is biased, then please, knock yourself out.... put forward which facts are wrong and correct them.

So that's a balanced objective article,clap2.gif reading aint really your thing is it wai2.gif

yeah you've reduced the wage bill, by 3 and then added 3 cheesy.gif everything was up but you still lost 90 mil clap2.gif

YOU COME 2 ND IN A VERY COMPETITIVE LEAGUE

and your clubs answer,,,,,,,, sack the manager and spend what,will in the end be, the best part of 100 mil coffee1.gif ,,,,,,,

responsible spending? of coarse it is cheesy.gif

face it, its piss poor/ token gesture to meet the criteria

Edited by rijit

So that's a balanced objective article,clap2.gif reading aint really your thing is it wai2.gif

yeah you've reduced the wage bill, by 3 and then added 3 cheesy.gif everything was up but you still lost 90 mil clap2.gif

YOU COME 2 ND IN A VERY COMPETITIVE LEAGUE

and your clubs answer,,,,,,,, sack the manager and spend what,will in the end be, the best part of 100 mil coffee1.gif ,,,,,,,

responsible spending? of coarse it is cheesy.gif

face it, its piss poor/ token gesture to meet the criteria

There is no point in debating this with you, as you just cannot grasp the facts.

Bit like trying to explain the laws of cricket to a foreigner.

Carry on in that bubble world of yoursclap2.gif

• Like 1

Since the takeover, the Blues have almost doubled their revenue from broadcasting from £48m to £88m and matchday revenue is up from £21m to £31m.

But the biggest increase for the Blues, by far, comes in the commercial revenue department.

A slick global marketing operation, revved up by trips to North America and the Far East, and backed by trophy success, has increased commercial revenue by almost SIX times, from £18m to £112m.

This summers spending recognises that, without building a squad capable of winning trophies, the other aspects of the business are undermined.

And Citys spending is, increasingly, being financed by its own revenue and not simply being funded by a rich mans pockets

You can hear the clicking noise as the snipers load up their rifles, ready to take more pot-shots at Citys profligacy.

"A slick global marketing operation, revved up by trips to North America and the Far East, and backed by trophy success, has increased commercial revenue by almost SIX times, from £18m to £112m."

Has that commercial revenue increase come from "new" sponsorship or is it all from Eitihad, Etihsat, Etiheverythingelse, in which case it is just a case of the owner of the club moving cash "from one pocket to the other"?

Manchester City are seeking to replace Etihad Airways as their shirt sponsor but the search is being hampered by the chaos surrounding Roberto Mancini’s sacking and uncertainty over the club’s future.

Tom Glick, the club’s American chief commercial and operating officer, is using a group of external consultants and agencies to find sponsors and, according to one source, initial feedback is that City ‘are not the easy sell that was perhaps imagined’.

The source, who has knowledge of City’s commercial affairs, says: ‘Developments over the past four or five weeks haven’t been helpful. The defence of the title ending so early and with no real fight was bad enough, especially after failure to progress past the Champions League group stage.

'Then the manager’s been fired in embarrassing circumstances after not winning matches that were expected to be won, like the FA Cup final

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2326788/Manchester-City-struggling-new-shirt-sponsor.html

Tom Glick, Chief commercial and operating officer for Man City was previously at DCFC and he was not the most popular person in the city.

"A slick global marketing operation, revved up by trips to North America and the Far East, and backed by trophy success, has increased commercial revenue by almost SIX times, from £18m to £112m."

Has that commercial revenue increase come from "new" sponsorship or is it all from Eitihad, Etihsat, Etiheverythingelse, in which case it is just a case of the owner of the club moving cash "from one pocket to the other"?

Manchester City are seeking to replace Etihad Airways as their shirt sponsor but the search is being hampered by the chaos surrounding Roberto Mancini’s sacking and uncertainty over the club’s future.

Tom Glick, the club’s American chief commercial and operating officer, is using a group of external consultants and agencies to find sponsors and, according to one source, initial feedback is that City ‘are not the easy sell that was perhaps imagined’.

The source, who has knowledge of City’s commercial affairs, says: ‘Developments over the past four or five weeks haven’t been helpful. The defence of the title ending so early and with no real fight was bad enough, especially after failure to progress past the Champions League group stage.

'Then the manager’s been fired in embarrassing circumstances after not winning matches that were expected to be won, like the FA Cup final

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2326788/Manchester-City-struggling-new-shirt-sponsor.html

Tom Glick, Chief commercial and operating officer for Man City was previously at DCFC and he was not the most popular person in the city.

There used to be only 1 good thing to come out of Derby............ The A6 to Manchesterlaugh.png

Now theres 2thumbsup.gif