Manchester City

mrbojangles

Boring twaddle from sumrit. facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Agreed mate so why don't you spice it up a bit and tell us about City's new frugal policy in their transfer dealing. You can start with fernandinho.laugh.png

and another thing JellyD, i'm still not happy about that argentine dwarf driving around without a licensesmile.png

Carms-I have little to no interest in discussing finances, as my multiple tongue in cheek posts may have indicated. I see money as I see cigarettes-if you got 'em, smoke 'em.

As for the Argentine dwarf, I suppose you are referring to my man Carlitos (though Argentina is chock full of football "smurfs" as they refer to them in the land of the pampas). My license is currently suspended as well, for no good reason, so I empathize with Carlitos. For my money he can motor around to his hearts delight, as long as he suffers the consequences without moaning...and he hasn't ! Good 'ol Carlitos neither smokes or drinks, fancies his time on the links, and his heart belongs to Boca-so good on him !clap2.gif

BTW-I would expect Tevez to motor on to Juve, though I hope he doesn't. I think he'll skip out on his community service. Also, I'm sure he has spoken with his good buddy (and personality disordered pain in the ass) Juan Roman Riquelme, who has no doubt informed Carlitos that Pellegrini is an ogre. Riquelme had a poor relationship with Pellegrini before he left Villarreal, and he'll fill Tevez's head with a lot of nonsense about Pellegrini.

Why do we have to keep on going round and round and round on this same old subject. If you go back a dozen or so pages, this was all covered. If you go back another dozen or so pages, it was covered again and so on and so forth. And it's been done umpteen times on the United thread.

So we were lucky and hit the jackpot a few years ago and have been spending loads of money since. So what, we needed to and it ended years of not winning any trophies. I am very thankful for that and don't care a jot if our owners want to plough more money in.

• Like 2

Why do we have to keep on going round and round and round on this same old subject. If you go back a dozen or so pages, this was all covered. If you go back another dozen or so pages, it was covered again and so on and so forth. And it's been done umpteen times on the United thread.

So we were lucky and hit the jackpot a few years ago and have been spending loads of money since. So what, we needed to and it ended years of not winning any trophies. I am very thankful for that and don't care a jot if our owners want to plough more money in.

Oh well then, That's ok.

BT whistling.gif

Oh well then, That's ok.

BT whistling.gif

Instead of your (almost) one liners. What else is there to say?

You're the biggest 'per season' spenders between 1992-2010, averaging nearly £20 Mil......probably more than that now. biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos

Oh well then, That's ok.

BT whistling.gif

City and their fans will allways be in awe of MUFC-no matter what money they spend/mercenaries they recruit-you cannot buy history-is that enough?

Oh well then, That's ok.

BT whistling.gif

City and their fans will allways be in awe of MUFC-no matter what money they spend/mercenaries they recruit-you cannot buy history-is that enough?

"in awe". Now there's your grandiose delusion for the day !thumbsup.giftongue.png

Boring twaddle from sumrit. facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Agreed mate so why don't you spice it up a bit and tell us about City's new frugal policy in their transfer dealing. You can start with fernandinho.laugh.png

and another thing JellyD, i'm still not happy about that argentine dwarf driving around without a licensesmile.png

Carms-I have little to no interest in discussing finances, as my multiple tongue in cheek posts may have indicated. I see money as I see cigarettes-if you got 'em, smoke 'em.

As for the Argentine dwarf, I suppose you are referring to my man Carlitos (though Argentina is chock full of football "smurfs" as they refer to them in the land of the pampas). My license is currently suspended as well, for no good reason, so I empathize with Carlitos. For my money he can motor around to his hearts delight, as long as he suffers the consequences without moaning...and he hasn't ! Good 'ol Carlitos neither smokes or drinks, fancies his time on the links, and his heart belongs to Boca-so good on him !clap2.gif

BTW-I would expect Tevez to motor on to Juve, though I hope he doesn't. I think he'll skip out on his community service. Also, I'm sure he has spoken with his good buddy (and personality disordered pain in the ass) Juan Roman Riquelme, who has no doubt informed Carlitos that Pellegrini is an ogre. Riquelme had a poor relationship with Pellegrini before he left Villarreal, and he'll fill Tevez's head with a lot of nonsense about Pellegrini.

Stats_top-spenders2.jpg

Not that relevant really because, for example if you included the most recent seasons Spurs average out at 14th.

Expecially when you consider City and the little west London clubs new found wealth

Perhaps that's why I made a point of saying between 1992-2010, so it's relevant between those two dates.

But thanks for the updating. thumbsup.gif

So you would agree its not really relevant. I wasn't being pedantic but if you throw in a stat that doesn't include the three most recent seasons what do expect me to say?

• Like 1

Perhaps that's why I made a point of saying between 1992-2010, so it's relevant between those two dates.

So you would agree its not really relevant. I wasn't being pedantic but if you throw in a stat that doesn't include the three most recent seasons what do expect me to say?

Wonder if there's a chart for the 'most wasted money', in fairness though it would be a bit hard to quantify, like whats the difference between a 'waste' ie bought for big money and then stuck out on loan or in the reserves ie rocque sc, adeboyu bridge and walking on a bosman, like toure did and tevez is gonna doclap2.gif

That's why my stats earlier were only from 1992-1998. Some people posting here say stats that cover a long period such as the ones you quoted are not relevant because they've spent a lot of money recently, when transfers have been greatly inflated. I was going to post two more........From 1999-2005 and 2006-present day. That way it'll still show a general trend on spending but won't be influenced by 'inflation' so much.

I was going to post two more.......

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Don't fret jelly. He's panicking about Moyes and trying to build up a "we're hard done by" case.

Talking of Moyes.

I had a laugh the other day with a United fan. He pronounced Moyes like Moy-es (with an Espanic tone to it). So we all now take the pish and say "ah, you mean Da-vid Moy-es" (to give it a full Espanic tone). Bless em, I think they really wanted someone else to be manager but tweaking his name ain't gonna work.

I hope Moy-es middle name ain't Jimmy or we will have to change that to Jimenez or something

• Like 1

Now that is what I call "NEARLY" A ONE LINER - BUT I see you like this one ???? w00t.gifwhistling.gif But as they say in LOS "up to you"

BTbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Now that is what I call "NEARLY" A ONE LINER - BUT I see you like this one ???? w00t.gifwhistling.gif But as they say in LOS "up to you"

BTbiggrin.png

Its all about style and context mate. Take a lesson !biggrin.png

BTbiggrin.png

There you go BT a like for ya.

Are you out of breath with that post tongue.png

BTbiggrin.png

Thank you, I forgot that you guys were experienced in "ARGHHHHHHHHHHH" was it 34 or 35 "years" cheesy.gif - well a long time anyway wai2.gif

BT biggrin.pngwhistling.gif

BTbiggrin.png

Thank you, I forgot that you guys were experienced in "ARGHHHHHHHHHHH" was it 34 or 35 "years" cheesy.gif - well a long time anyway wai2.gif

Yes we were BT and it's something we will never forget. You had a taste of things to come at the end of 2012 season. That had to be more than an ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 1

BTbiggrin.png

Yes we were BT and it's something we will never forget. You had a taste of things to come at the end of 2012 season. That had to be more than an ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes very true BUT we sorted it out in 2013 ! yes - and we won in style not goal difference.... Arghhhhhhhhhhh - roll on the new season - Already saving my pennies to pay you again in 2014 blink.png

BTbiggrin.png

That's why my stats earlier were only from 1992-1998. Some people posting here say stats that cover a long period such as the ones you quoted are not relevant because they've spent a lot of money recently, when transfers have been greatly inflated. I was going to post two more........From 1999-2005 and 2006-present day. That way it'll still show a general trend on spending but won't be influenced by 'inflation' so much.

I'm all for irrelevant stats. They are fun, interesting and non controversial.

We didn't get awarded a penalty the whole of last season. Bet thats a new one to United fanswhistling.gif

Perhaps that's why I made a point of saying between 1992-2010, so it's relevant between those two dates.

But thanks for the updating. Posted Image

Perhaps that's why I made a point of saying between 1992-2010, so it's relevant between those two dates.

But thanks for the updating. Posted Image

I'm all for irrelevant stats.  They are fun, interesting and non controversial.  

We didn't get awarded a penalty the whole of last season.  Bet thats a new one to United fansPosted Image

Hopefully they will get the same treatment next season.

I recall one game we had two stonewall claims refused.

The power of the media!!

Jellydog has been guzzling your malt BigToe! tongue.png

You got me with that guzzling reference Smokes. I googled "guzzling your malt" and came across a feminist Irish poem from 1780 entitled "The Midnight Court". Pretty racy stuff.smile.png

Jellydog has been guzzling your malt BigToe! Posted Image

You got me with that guzzling reference Smokes. I googled "guzzling your malt" and came across a feminist Irish poem from 1780 entitled "The Midnight Court". Pretty racy stuff.Posted Image

search guzzling and chits mate. :D