Manchester City

mrbojangles

Apparently City have CB Martin Demichelis of Atletico Madrid in mind to help out with the injury woes. No agreement yet about the transfer fee. Demichelis at 32 can still play some but not the player he was a few years ago. No longer gets any caps with the Argentine NT. Consistency has been the big issue. Has height and can score a goal from corners.

• Like 1

Apparently City have CB Martin Demichelis of Atletico Madrid in mind to help out with the injury woes. No agreement yet about the transfer fee. Demichelis at 32 can still play some but not the player he was a few years ago. No longer gets any caps with the Argentine NT. Consistency has been the big issue. Has height and can score a goal from corners.

Obviously all part of the youth policy facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

Alfie-with our current CB situation it wouldn't matter if he was 42 ! Kompany is going to be out for at least 4 weeks I bet. I hear Richards is not going to be back as soon as was expected. Nastasic only now coming back from being injured. That leaves Lescott, Javi Garcia and Boyata. I've little confidence in Lescott, less in Garcia, and Boyata, for all his potential, will be very vulnerable given his youth and inexperience. Such a shame we let Kolo go, but who knew ?

We ain't going to be playing Newcastle every week !

Edited by jellydog

Obviously all part of the youth policy Posted Image Posted Image

Alfie-with our current CB situation it wouldn't matter if he was 42 ! Kompany is going to be out for at least 4 weeks I bet. I hear Richards is not going to be back as soon as was expected. Nastasic only now coming back from being injured. That leaves Lescott, Javi Garcia and Boyata. I've little confidence in Lescott, less in Garcia, and Boyata, for all his potential, will be very vulnerable given his youth and inexperience. Such a shame we let Kolo go, but who knew ?

What's the problem with Lescott? He was part and parcel of your title winning year, and as far as I can see did nothing to warrant dropping out of favour or no longer being trusted by the fans.

Yes I know Nastasic came in and did very well, but who is to say that the experience of winning the title wouldn't have brought Lescott's game on? Just seems all a bit harsh and a waste of some good English talent.

Alfie-with our current CB situation it wouldn't matter if he was 42 ! Kompany is going to be out for at least 4 weeks I bet. I hear Richards is not going to be back as soon as was expected. Nastasic only now coming back from being injured. That leaves Lescott, Javi Garcia and Boyata. I've little confidence in Lescott, less in Garcia, and Boyata, for all his potential, will be very vulnerable given his youth and inexperience. Such a shame we let Kolo go, but who knew ?

What's the problem with Lescott? He was part and parcel of your title winning year, and as far as I can see did nothing to warrant dropping out of favour or no longer being trusted by the fans.

Yes I know Nastasic came in and did very well, but who is to say that the experience of winning the title wouldn't have brought Lescott's game on? Just seems all a bit harsh and a waste of some good English talent.

Agreed Rix. His biggest problem is lack of game time because you have such a strong squad! I'd have though the new manager was looking at players on the fringes when he made a statement saying City have the strongest squad in the league and they have

Only IMHO, Lescott has looked shaky for a long time now. It wasn't by accident that Nastasic was the better player. Lescott was not impressive against Newcastle the other night, particularly in the first period. Maybe he'll find his footing, and it looks like he'll have every chance to do just that.

Lescott was always a good player. Still is. Not a lot more than that but you paid over the odds originally and it possibly increased realitic expectations. (Nastisic is a very good find looks real class to me btw) No sorry JD you have nought to complain about. Lescott would probably start for most teams in the league.

Lescott was always a good player. Still is. Not a lot more than that but you paid over the odds originally and it possibly increased realitic expectations. (Nastisic is a very good find looks real class to me btw) No sorry JD you have nought to complain about. Lescott would probably start for most teams in the league.

I hope you are right Carmine. To this point he underwhelms me. But he'll have the opportunity to prove me wrong and you right.smile.png

Only IMHO, Lescott has looked shaky for a long time now. It wasn't by accident that Nastasic was the better player.
I think the only way you can say that Nastasic was the better player of the two would be had they both had a decent and roughly equal amount of playing time. They haven't. Lescott helped you win the title, and then Nastasic arrived, was immediately made first choice, and yes, did well, but didn't help you win the title. If you truly want to see if Lescott is worse than Nastasic, at least make that judgement from how he plays over a run of games.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Only IMHO, Lescott has looked shaky for a long time now. It wasn't by accident that Nastasic was the better player.
I think the only way you can say that Nastasic was the better player of the two would be had they both had a decent and roughly equal amount of playing time. They haven't. Lescott helped you win the title, and then Nastasic arrived, was immediately made first choice, and yes, did well, but didn't help you win the title. If you truly want to see if Lescott is worse than Nastasic, at least make that judgement from how he plays over a run of games.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Like I say Rix, Lescott will now have that opportunity and I hope he knocks them dead. To be honest though, Nastasic has been tremendous and I can't see Lescott being anywhere near as effective. If Lescott is 3/4 as effective I'll be happy.smile.png

Don't forget that it was Lescott's place to be lost. He was first choice when Nastasic arrived and Nastasic didn't get a look in till Lescott got injured. He then impressed so much that it was down to Lescott to try and regain his place, which he hasn't. To this day he hasn't performed as well as Nastasic.

TBH, we could probably manage with one key defender out but with 2 or 3 we will show cracks, just like any team would. It's just a shame it has happened so early on.

Don't forget that it was Lescott's place to be lost. He was first choice when Nastasic arrived and Nastasic didn't get a look in till Lescott got injured. He then impressed so much that it was down to Lescott to try and regain his place, which he hasn't. To this day he hasn't performed as well as Nastasic.

TBH, we could probably manage with one key defender out but with 2 or 3 we will show cracks, just like any team would. It's just a shame it has happened so early on.

Agree with all that mate but my point to jd was that there should be no worries with Lescott stepping in that regular game time won't put aside. He's never going to be a world beater true, but he's a very competent center back

Agree with all that mate but my point to jd was that there should be no worries with Lescott stepping in that regular game time won't put aside. He's never going to be a world beater true, but he's a very competent center back

I agree with competent, but I would add 'slightly dodgy'.

The problem I have with him is that he seems to have lost a bit of pace. Possibly he lost a bit of confidence also . But if it was a straight choice between Lescott and Nastasic, I would pick Nastasic every time.

Boyata must have shown somebody something over pre season!! He had been rejected at FC Twente and Bolton, so I guess he must have improved in order to get a squad number.

Whats this all about lads

Manchester City youngster Denis Suarez joins Barcelona

Did he not want to be part of the project sad.png

Probably just wanted to return to Spain. Players, especially young ones, come and go.

Just had a look at your transfer position for this year and thus far you have sent 16 out on loan, 1 free transfer, 4 sold and 7 released.

I don't imagine Cardiff can put on a better effort than that. Kudos to them. City's defense inside the box was dreadful.

I hope we don't have another manager with a puzzling substitution scheme. 1-0 City when Pellegrini brought on wonder boy Nasri.

I would imagine, Alex Ferguson recovering at home from a hip op, would have derived a certain amount of pleasure watching Frazier Cambpell a Man United youth development player having such an impact on that game ,one Cambell certainly wont forget and his best ever.

Could have done with Kolo today whistling.gif

A cardboard cutout of Goofy would have done a better job than our defence today.

Cardiff corners 3... Goals from corners 2... says it all!!

Unfortunately City are as bad at defending corners as they are at taking them.

But as you said, early days. Hope the lesson learned is that under no circumstances do you pair Lescott and Garcia at the back again.

I think it makes a move for Demichelis inevitable, now, and he will be paired with Nastasic until Kompany is fit.

Glad that Negredo got his first goal. I think he will score plenty in the premiership.

• Like 2

Could have done with Kolo today whistling.gif

A cardboard cutout of Goofy would have done a better job than our defence today.

Cardiff corners 3... Goals from corners 2... says it all!!

Unfortunately City are as bad at defending corners as they are at taking them.

But as you said, early days. Hope the lesson learned is that under no circumstances do you pair Lescott and Garcia at the back again.

I think it makes a move for Demichelis inevitable, now, and he will be paired with Nastasic until Kompany is fit.

Glad that Negredo got his first goal. I think he will score plenty in the premiership.

biggrin.png

Yep he does look the business

Hull next weekend.... Now that is gonna be a cracking start to the weekend. I wonder if Pellegrini is working on his exit strategy yet?

He said post match when describing Cardiff: "We must continue working. We have just started and not a lot of teams will win here. They are not an easy team to play".

The headline on Citeh's very own website reads: "City were brought crashing back down to earth with a second-half defensive horror show against Cardiff".

Now I seem to remember mentioning your back four woes..........

I suspect Citeh fans have already started work on their > PELLEGRINI OUT < banners.