Manchester City

mrbojangles

Woeful today. Just didn't seem to get into any sort of rhythm and even with Nastasic back, the defence is still dodgy and we were lucky not to go 1-0 down.

Still, I'll take the 3 points..

It looked to me that there is a general lack of fitness in the team,bj. Hull were the quicker to any loose balls in the middle of the park. A great free kick by Yaya Toure but his contribution in the rest of the match was minimal. A very laboured performance by City.

Woeful today. Just didn't seem to get into any sort of rhythm and even with Nastasic back, the defence is still dodgy and we were lucky not to go 1-0 down.

It looked to me that there is a general lack of fitness in the team,bj. Hull were the quicker to any loose balls in the middle of the park. A great free kick by Yaya Toure but his contribution in the rest of the match was minimal. A very laboured performance by City.

I thought Yaya played well, but I agree about the loose balls. Is it fitness, or players being tentative because they are still figuring out their roles ? I hope the latter. I do know that we miss Tevez's energy and help he provided in midfield. Another reason why I want to see Jovetic.

The back is going to be messy until Kompany returns. I'm resigned to that.

I thought Yaya played well, but I agree about the loose balls. Is it fitness, or players being tentative because they are still figuring out their roles ? I hope the latter. I do know that we miss Tevez's energy and help he provided in midfield. Another reason why I want to see Jovetic.

It will be very messy against us then.

The fact is Lescott made 2 huge mistakes. That would have been 2 goals if we were playing United.

I am not expecting miracles with a new manager, new tactics and additional new players, but they were dreadful yesterday.

Sorry, I disagree with JD. I thought Yaya was missing yesterday. Did nothing except score the goal at the end.

I still dont think Aguero is fit. He didnt look at all happy yesterday. Silva and Navas were both quiet. Kolarov made one good tackle, apart from that he was all over the place, half tracking back and passing as usual abysmal.

Zabaleta had his usual consistent game, and of course Negredo made an impact when he came on. I think City look a totally different team when Negredo plays. More energy.

Thankfully the beginning of our season we dont have too many relatively difficult games, so hopefully Pellegrini can heal the problem and sort it all out.

The fact is Lescott made 2 huge mistakes. That would have been 2 goals if we were playing United.

I am not expecting miracles with a new manager, new tactics and additional new players, but they were dreadful yesterday.

Sorry, I disagree with JD. I thought Yaya was missing yesterday. Did nothing except score the goal at the end.

I still dont think Aguero is fit. He didnt look at all happy yesterday. Silva and Navas were both quiet. Kolarov made one good tackle, apart from that he was all over the place, half tracking back and passing as usual abysmal.

Zabaleta had his usual consistent game, and of course Negredo made an impact when he came on. I think City look a totally different team when Negredo plays. More energy.

Thankfully the beginning of our season we dont have too many relatively difficult games, so hopefully Pellegrini can heal the problem and sort it all out.

Totally agree jack and oldgit.

Allegedly Demichelis has been having a medical today.

Surprised to hear that Abdul Razak has signed for Anzi!!

I thought he was one of our better young players!!. First Suarez, then Razak, and its not looking good for Guidetti!!

Yeah it's a weird one that jack. The owners are insistent on ensuring the academy moves forward but this seems like a step back. Maybe the coaches know something we don't. But I especially wanted to see Guidetti get tested.

For a team that isn't having relatively difficult games, they sure are turning them into difficult games!

Demichelis on board. Hoping he has something left and we can breathe a little easier.

He's worked with Pellegrini a couple of times before, so Manuel should know what he has bought. 32 ain't that old albeit we let Kolo go and he is the same age but he obviously has experience and that's what we need at the moment..

I thought he was one of our better young players!!. First Suarez, then Razak, and its not looking good for Guidetti!!

Must have been Bull that jack. Just seen this on skysports:-

Manchester City midfielder Abdul Razak has joined Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala on a season-long loan deal.

The Ivory Coast star was on the fringes of the first-team squad last season but has not featured under new City manager Manuel Pellegrini.

Manchester City midfielder Abdul Razak has joined Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala on a season-long loan deal.

The Ivory Coast star was on the fringes of the first-team squad last season but has not featured under new City manager Manuel Pellegrini.

It was Razaks own Twitter that I read. He didnt say it was on loan. He made it sound as though it was a permanent deal. This is what he said.....

To confirm I've signed for @fc_anji awaiting a work permit. Would like to thank everyone @MCFC plus the fans. Wish you all the best.

It was Razaks own Twitter that I read. He didnt say it was on loan. He made it sound as though it was a permanent deal. This is what he said.....

To confirm I've signed for @fc_anji awaiting a work permit. Would like to thank everyone @MCFC plus the fans. Wish you all the best.

Yeah it sure does sound like a farewell for good message doesn't it.

Even though I do not believe Richards is a natural CB and can be naive in his positional play, I would take a chance and play him with Nastasic. At least then you have a natural left and right footer. Richards has genuine pace and strength. Its risky, but I think its the best option we have right now.

Even though I do not believe Richards is a natural CB and can be naive in his positional play, I would take a chance and play him with Nastasic. At least then you have a natural left and right footer. Richards has genuine pace and strength. Its risky, but I think its the best option we have right now.

I think it may be the only option jack. Can't believe we have good depth everywhere but no one can handle this amount of injuries in the defence.

Think we should just go the attack and hope to score more than we let in !!

Agreed Jack. Worth a shot when Richards is ready to go. The proverbial case of what have you got to lose.

Just in case you missed it boys, here is our final squad lists which will have to take us to the next transfer window.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE SQUAD : Hart, Pantilimon, Johansen, Zabaleta, Richards, Kompany, Demichelis, Boyata, Nastasic, Lescott, Clichy, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Toure, Garcia, Navas, Milner, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Jovetic, Negredo, Dzeko.

PREMIER LEAGUE SQUAD : Hart, Pantilimon, Wright, Zabaleta, Richards, Kompany, Demichelis, Boyata, Lescott, Clichy, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Toure, Garcia, Navas, Milner, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Jovetic, Negredo, Dzeko, Nimely.

Full article:- http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-name-squads-premier-5841335

We also had a terrible injury list last season,but come through it well in the end,hope you don't.

Red, last years injury list was just a minor blip compared to the injuries we had to defenders in 2009/10. Our defensive injuries were horrendous for the first half of that season.

I remember us playing at Fulham with this lineup. Three at the back (although another midfielder, Fletcher, slotted in at the back to made a fourth defender at times) that included a midfielder in Carrick and and De Laet (who only ever made three league appearances) as our one and only central defender. Evra was the only recognized first team defender that day. Needless to say we lost that game and only came send in the league that season, losing out to Chelsea by a single point.

Kuszczak

Carrick De Laet Evra

Valencia Fletcher Gibson Scholes Anderson

Rooney Owen

The only complaint by a Man U supporter was this one by Nev:

Out played by fulham who fully deservered there win, i know we have our whole defence out ,but our midfield was over ran,and we hardly had a decent chance all daY

Hope this defeat makes fergie realize we need to strength next month and sell some of the dross we have in the team.

Hope we can get our act together for hull as i can see another bad result comming up.

While all mrbojangles could say was:

Hope this run of form continues till after the Carling Cup semi final biggrin.gif.pagespeed.ce.TieXM6eJ2o.gif
Edited by sumrit

Just in case you missed it boys, here is our final squad lists which will have to take us to the next transfer window.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE SQUAD : Hart, Pantilimon, Johansen, Zabaleta, Richards, Kompany, Demichelis, Boyata, Nastasic, Lescott, Clichy, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Toure, Garcia, Navas, Milner, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Jovetic, Negredo, Dzeko.

PREMIER LEAGUE SQUAD : Hart, Pantilimon, Wright, Zabaleta, Richards, Kompany, Demichelis, Boyata, Lescott, Clichy, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Toure, Garcia, Navas, Milner, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Jovetic, Negredo, Dzeko, Nimely.

Full article:- http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-name-squads-premier-5841335

So, no Nastasic in the EPL games???

Pity - I like watching good defenders and you won't be round for long in the Champions Leaguetongue.png

Pity - I like watching good defenders and you won't be round for long in the Champions Leaguetongue.png

He is U-21, therefore doesnt need to be listed in the main squad as the squad is 25 plus as many U-21 players.

I think we should be around a little longer this time round in CL.biggrin.png

He is U-21, therefore doesnt need to be listed in the main squad as the squad is 25 plus as many U-21 players.

I think we should be around a little longer this time round in CL.biggrin.png

Yeah the rules are slightly different for the prem and champ league squad.

I think even with the injuries we have, we still have enough quality to qualify for the knockout stages. After that, it's down to the luck of the draw.