Manchester City

mrbojangles

Well done. A deserved win and no complaints. Chelsea just didn't turn up. Now your games are pilling up, hopefully you will drop more points in the league. :-)

Nice goal by Jovetic and a great dive around Luiz. :-) The guy needs to practice those a bit more.

Well done. A deserved win and no complaints. Chelsea just didn't turn up. Now your games are pilling up, hopefully you will drop more points in the league. :-)

Nice goal by Jovetic and a great dive around Luiz. :-) The guy needs to practice those a bit more.

Yeah, I think it was a combination of City playing some good stuff and like you say, Chelsea not being in it.

As for Jovetic, give him time. It's only about his 4th game since joining biggrin.png Pellegrini will do him for that I'm sure.

Blimey. What a line up......not!! I'll be amazed if we come out of this with anything other than a spanking.

30 Pantilimon

5 Zabaleta

4 Kompany

6 Lescott

22 Clichy

7 Milner

14 Garcia

42 Toure

21 Silva

10 Dzeko

35 Jovetic

That lineup begs questions. Is Negredo hurt ? Why not Hart in a big FA match ? Lescott ?? Garcia ? Is Demichelis hurt ?

Is Pellegrini throwing in the towel and using a subpar lineup as an excuse if City loses ?

Let's hope for some luck !

Looks like Pellegrini knows the game a little bit better than you guys.thumbsup.gif

So he bladdy should Wilai biggrin.png

To be fair though. That lineup hasn't worked well previously.

• Like 1

Blimey. What a line up......not!! I'll be amazed if we come out of this with anything other than a spanking.

30 Pantilimon

5 Zabaleta

4 Kompany

6 Lescott

22 Clichy

7 Milner

14 Garcia

42 Toure

21 Silva

10 Dzeko

35 Jovetic

That lineup begs questions. Is Negredo hurt ? Why not Hart in a big FA match ? Lescott ?? Garcia ? Is Demichelis hurt ?

Is Pellegrini throwing in the towel and using a subpar lineup as an excuse if City loses ?

Looks like Pellegrini knows the game a little bit better than you guys.thumbsup.gif

I think what the line up shows, is that Pellegrini is a quick learner.

I believe he made a mistake V Chelsea in the league. Had he played Rodwell and Milner in midfield, we would have had more pace and levels of industry. This time he included Milner, who worked his socks off and helped nullify Chelseas midfield ( which is their strength)

I thought Jovetic had a promising game till he got tired. I think Negredo has had the rest he needed.. he looked upto speed when he came on for the last few minutes. Dzeko still frustrates me. He is certainly 4th choice on what we have seen.

Garcia was steady, but we still miss Fernandhino big time.

Anyway, spot in the quarters. Draw at 330pm UK time today.

Let's all buy the league! Because we have no idea how to do it like the big boys!

LFC ...up the reds!!!

I see today is the anniversary of the death of your creator (Jim Henson) thumbsup.gif

Eh? Are you confusing it with the fact that his son just died?

I think what the line up shows, is that Pellegrini is a quick learner.

I believe he made a mistake V Chelsea in the league. Had he played Rodwell and Milner in midfield, we would have had more pace and levels of industry. This time he included Milner, who worked his socks off and helped nullify Chelseas midfield ( which is their strength)

I thought Jovetic had a promising game till he got tired. I think Negredo has had the rest he needed.. he looked upto speed when he came on for the last few minutes. Dzeko still frustrates me. He is certainly 4th choice on what we have seen.

Garcia was steady, but we still miss Fernandhino big time.

Anyway, spot in the quarters. Draw at 330pm UK time today.

Totally agree jack. We needed grafters yesterday and the majority did put in a great shift. To be fair, Garcia did well yesterday in a position that doesn't suit. Looks like he's been practising on the training ground. To me, Dzecko has to go in summer as yesterday he had plenty of chances again and didn't finish.

Man City V Chelsea in the next round. Didn't fancy that yet.

Tasty!

So we are playing you twice in a month at your gaff. If you had to choose one to win and one to lose, which would it be?

Ooooh, what an impossible question. Go on, you choose first tongue.png

Coward! :-)

Even though the league is more important, there is something very satisfying in knocking a team out of a decent competition. So for me, win the cup game. After all, even if we lose the league game, we will not be out of the running.

Ok. I'll answer mjj. I think I'd prefer to lose the League game and knock you out of the Cup tongue.png

• Like 1

Let's all buy the league! Because we have no idea how to do it like the big boys!

LFC ...up the reds!!!

I see today is the anniversary of the death of your creator (Jim Henson) thumbsup.gif

Eh? Are you confusing it with the fact that his son just died?

Yeah but you got my drift thumbsup.gif

City V Wigan.

Pleased with that. we have an excellent record against them at home and it will give us a chance to put right that woeful performance at wembley last year.

Also will allow the fans to welcome Uwe Rosler. Sure to give him a big welcome.

Yeah couldn't hope for anything better than that. The main thing is getting an home draw.

I've got butterlies about tonights game. I can't wait. Even if we get beat, it's the kind of fixture we've only dreamed about for years.

Did you know that 15 years ago we were playing York, Millwall, Wycome, Gillingham Walsall and Bournemouth etc. And on this very day 20th Feb 1999 we played Macclesfield at Maine Road and beat them 2-0. Hope Barca play like Macclesfield did then biggrin.png

I've got butterlies about tonights game. I can't wait. Even if we get beat, it's the kind of fixture we've only dreamed about for years.

Did you know that 15 years ago we were playing York, Millwall, Wycome, Gillingham Walsall and Bournemouth etc. And on this very day 20th Feb 1999 we played Macclesfield at Maine Road and beat them 2-0. Hope Barca play like Macclesfield did then biggrin.png

If God wasn't obviously a Muslim, you still would be.

tongue.png

• Like 1

Give me some team news than, I fancy a punt on the CL games.

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany ©, Demichelis, Clichy, Navas, Toure, Fernandinho, Kolarov, Silva, Negredo

SUBS: Pantilimon, Lescott, Richards, Garcia, Nasri, Jovetic, Dzeko.

Looks like Pellegrini is gonna try and contain the midfield. Can see why he's only going one up front.

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany ©, Demichelis, Clichy, Navas, Toure, Fernandinho, Kolarov, Silva, Negredo

Looks like Pellegrini is gonna try and contain the midfield. Can see why he's only going one up front.

Clichy and Kolarov ? Looks like Negredo's noggin could be busy.

I can only think that Clichy tracks back better and boy will we need to track back a lot tonight. Personally, I'd have not played them both but what do I know biggrin.png

I can only think that Clichy tracks back better and boy will we need to track back a lot tonight. Personally, I'd have not played them both but what do I know biggrin.png

Also looking to take advantage of Mascherano's lack of height and Pique's lack of consistency.clap2.gif I hope.wink.png

I think Pellegrini paid the price for being too cautious there. Manchester Dhabi can score hatfuls at home but he puts out a side to contain.

Even 1-0 would have been salvageable, but I think 2-0 means a goalfest in Barcelona, and facing Neymar and Messi means there will only be one winner I'm afraid.

On the bright side, I did trouser a considerable sum for a Barca-PSG double, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Poor game. Barcelona have fallen a long way back since 2011. The special one does not look terribly special at the moment by his incredible standards. De Michaelis foul seemed to be outside the area. 2-0 would seem to be too high a mountain to climb for City.