Manchester City

mrbojangles

Could be a damp squib then.

Huh?biggrin.png

Well this is sport. Anything can happen.

I don't think the sad 25th anniversary business will make any difference though. Not enough players on the pitch for whom it means enough to affect them. And even if it does, doesn't usually translate into inspired performances, at least not judging by other games with historical significance of one sort or another that I've seen over the last few years.

No, if anything is going to inspire the chaps, it'll be thoughts of personal glory within arms reach.

Gerrard conceded recently that he plays every match for his cousin Jon-Paul Gilhooly who died at Hillsborough. Since we got a sniff of the title he has been magnificent and I am expecting him to own the game on Sunday. It'll be tough as hell against Yaya and Silva but he's so in the zone in right now.

Huh?biggrin.png

I don't think the sad 25th anniversary business will make any difference though. Not enough players on the pitch for whom it means enough to affect them. And even if it does, doesn't usually translate into inspired performances, at least not judging by other games with historical significance of one sort or another that I've seen over the last few years.

No, if anything is going to inspire the chaps, it'll be thoughts of personal glory within arms reach.

Gerrard conceded recently that he plays every match for his cousin Jon-Paul Gilhooly who died at Hillsborough. Since we got a sniff of the title he has been magnificent and I am expecting him to own the game on Sunday. It'll be tough as hell against Yaya and Silva but he's so in the zone in right now.
No denying he's one of the players for whom it will all really mean something deep and personal, but how it affects his performance... can see that going one of two ways myself.

For the sake of the memory of his cousin and all the others, I hope he channels the "energy" he'll be feeling, for want of a more appropriate term, positively.

Huh?biggrin.png

...and the Liverpool supporters.

thumbsup.gif

I keep hearing the talking heads say that they wouldn't start Aguero. I'm not sure about that, but it would be nice to see him off the bench full of energy in the second half, if need be. I doubt he's going to be ready for 90 minutes anyway.

I keep hearing Psycho Killer ever since reading this! wink.png

• Like 2

I keep hearing the talking heads say that they wouldn't start Aguero. I'm not sure about that, but it would be nice to see him off the bench full of energy in the second half, if need be. I doubt he's going to be ready for 90 minutes anyway.

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco.laugh.png

• Like 1

Aguero Killer.....what's his name?....SaSaSakho a SaSaSakho Augero better run run run away!!!!

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

Too bldy right.

Chelsea bust their a** to get into the SemiFinals of the Champions League and all you can come up with is malicious s***.

Not impressed jellydog.

Who the f*** is talking in riddles now?

I thought I had the title.

Well the 2 people involved in the post would know exactly what I was singing about. In fact most people would there Mr. Walter E Riddles

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

...this ain't no fooling around.

Get back on the CL qualifying thread and replace your snide comments about Chelsea with something more complementary.

Otherwise, whatever your thread you are on, as far as I am concerned your words are tarnished.

Same jellydog on every thread.

Get back on the CL qualifying thread and replace your snide comments about Chelsea with something more complementary.

Otherwise, whatever your thread you are on, as far as I am concerned your words are tarnished.

What on earth are you on about P45?

Give it a rest will ya.

• Like 2

I've been trying to find these comments but couldn't see anything too nasty, bit of banter maybe. Bit sensitive fella.

Personally myself I'm not with the rest of this lot on here wanting "British" teams to do well in Europe. The only reason I would want any top EPL team to do well in Europe is for our benefit. As far as lifting any cup, <deleted> that and <deleted> them! I want them to win nothing ever tongue.png

laugh.png

Don't wrap it up in brown paper will ya Bob laugh.png

• Like 2

Give it a rest will ya.

Banter is OK.

Snide digs aren't.

That's what I'm on about.

I don't like people knocking success.

I work on instinct.

Give it a rest will ya.

Banter is OK.

Snide digs aren't.

That's what I'm on about.

I don't like people knocking success.

I work on instinct.

&lt;deleted&gt; United and their success P-riddy! biggrin.png

Posted Today, 12:25

The Blockbuster Titans square off in one semifinal and the mean little horses in the other.

You couldn't ask for better than Chelsea vs. Atletico for hand to hand combat.

.....................................................................................................................................................

Nobody gets off lightly calling Chelsea mean little horses.

They bust their a** to get to the Semi.

Posted Today, 12:25

The Blockbuster Titans square off in one semifinal and the mean little horses in the other.

You couldn't ask for better than Chelsea vs. Atletico for hand to hand combat.

.....................................................................................................................................................

Nobody gets off lightly calling Chelsea mean little horses.

They bust their a** to get to the Semi.

Are you having a Giraffe? That's what has upset you!! Blimey.

• Like 1

Oh come on.....hey can anyone point me towards a good football thread where proper back an forth slagging off is the norm.

Where I come from a good old piss take session is a sign that someone likes you, and friend in the making.

This place is losing whatever humour it had, is it because the top brass philosophisers are having a &lt;deleted&gt; season?

• Like 1

Yep. Call me oversensitive.

If it came from you mrbojangles or from Bob, I would laugh with you.

Have a good day on Sunday.

Liverpool will outscore City.

Jellydog can rot in hell.

thumbsup.gif

go on fella biggrin.png

I was taking a s**t. Did I miss anything ?tongue.png

• Like 1

Yep. Call me oversensitive.

If it came from you mrbojangles or from Bob, I would laugh with you.

Have a good day on Sunday.

Liverpool will outscore City.

Jellydog can rot in hell.

thumbsup.gif

go on fella biggrin.png

I was taking a s**t. Did I miss anything ?tongue.png

That's more like it biggrin.png