Manchester City

mrbojangles

He may dive sometimes, but even still he is 1 of the best players in world football at the moment. Every team has at least 1 diver City included.

When we were getting all the flack at the United for Ronaldo and his diving antics, i remember thinking the same sort of thing: "what, so none of the players at your clubs ever dive?", and it was/is true. Every player in the league will at some point dive, and if not dive, attempt to in some way deceive the ref. But i did also have to hold up my hands and admit that with the players, there are different levels as to how much they do it and how far they are prepared to go.

Ronaldo was one of the worst offenders and that fact, combined with the fact that he was so high profile, meant that all the while he kept on diving, he would go on being derided and ridiculed... at least for that side of his game. Same thing is now true of Suarez. And it is such a shame, because just like Ronaldo, he really doesn't need to do it.

You really do like diving up your own ar** don't you.

laugh.png

Oh for crying out loud. And what is it I have said to upset you this time?

He may dive sometimes, but even still he is 1 of the best players in world football at the moment. Every team has at least 1 diver City included.

When we were getting all the flack at the United for Ronaldo and his diving antics, i remember thinking the same sort of thing: "what, so none of the players at your clubs ever dive?", and it was/is true. Every player in the league will at some point dive, and if not dive, attempt to in some way deceive the ref. But i did also have to hold up my hands and admit that with the players, there are different levels as to how much they do it and how far they are prepared to go.

Ronaldo was one of the worst offenders and that fact, combined with the fact that he was so high profile, meant that all the while he kept on diving, he would go on being derided and ridiculed... at least for that side of his game. Same thing is now true of Suarez. And it is such a shame, because just like Ronaldo, he really doesn't need to do it.

laugh.png

You irritate me.smile.png

Further explanation would simply open up a can of fruitless back and forth time wasting.

Ronaldo ain't doing any diving in the Spanish League. He's just pissing all over them.

biggrin.png

laugh.png

You irritate me.smile.png

Further explanation would simply open up a can of fruitless back and forth time wasting.

Ronaldo ain't doing any diving in the Spanish League. He's just pissing all over them.

biggrin.png

The nature of the internet is that a diverse range of different characters get together in one place, and so of course not everyone is going to get along or be of another person's taste.

I don't expect everyone to like me, and I'm not bothered if you or someone else doesn't. I don't however want to get in an argument about every <deleted> sentence I post. If I've said something offensive or stupid that has upset you - it seems clearly I have - tell me what it is, and I'm ready to apologise. If not, please kindly get off my <deleted> back.

He may dive sometimes, but even still he is 1 of the best players in world football at the moment. Every team has at least 1 diver City included. Liverpool have found a formula this season which coupled with no european football has allowed them to stay well prepared for each game. City like Chelsea have over the years spent insane amounts of money, so I don't think they can really have any excuses at all. Over the 90 mins we deserved the 3 points so I'm glad it worked out well. It would be a shame to not win the league after doing well all season.

I agree about Suarez, he has been brilliant but I disagree about City having a diver. Who is he? No excuses being made unless you call ref's missing decisions excuses.

As for deserving 3 points. The first half was Liverpools without a doubt and the second half City's. I think with 15 minutes to go both Liverpool and City fans would have settled for a point each.

Hmmmm!

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/A3F7ED354D1046544646358568960_19b67276234.4.7.13996686731049707932.mp4?versionId=ixF12kpX3kYLCa1gmHwgB3dupW9sAmiH

He may dive sometimes, but even still he is 1 of the best players in world football at the moment. Every team has at least 1 diver City included. Liverpool have found a formula this season which coupled with no european football has allowed them to stay well prepared for each game. City like Chelsea have over the years spent insane amounts of money, so I don't think they can really have any excuses at all. Over the 90 mins we deserved the 3 points so I'm glad it worked out well. It would be a shame to not win the league after doing well all season.

I agree about Suarez, he has been brilliant but I disagree about City having a diver. Who is he? No excuses being made unless you call ref's missing decisions excuses.

As for deserving 3 points. The first half was Liverpools without a doubt and the second half City's. I think with 15 minutes to go both Liverpool and City fans would have settled for a point each.

Hmmmm!

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/A3F7ED354D1046544646358568960_19b67276234.4.7.13996686731049707932.mp4?versionId=ixF12kpX3kYLCa1gmHwgB3dupW9sAmiH

Is that all you could find? One instance of Jovetic. Suarez dives more in 45 minutes than all of the city squad have all season.

• Like 1

I condemned him for that on the day wilai but he isn't a serial diver. Mind you, he hasn't played very often so he could well turn out to be.

Now you are confusing me. You asked a question when you already knew the answer?

I condemned him for that on the day wilai but he isn't a serial diver. Mind you, he hasn't played very often so he could well turn out to be.

Now you are confusing me. You asked a question when you already knew the answer?

OK I'll make it simple. The point I am making is a player going down once doesn't make him a serial diver. I haven't seen Jovetic try to con the ref any other time.

Missed your post Mossy but the one above says why I feel cheated.

Family doing great thanks and yours? Have you seen anything of "TheScouser" lately. Not seem him since I came out here but my liver certainly doesn't miss the bugger biggrin.png

Saurez's antics considering he is the best footballer in the league can be infuriating, but please don't tell me City don't have them too. Most people know I am a Rugby union man, but do follow most sports, just not as rigorously, if you don't have such a player,I apologise in advance.

You say you came out here, last I heard you were in the 'sand', is that still correct?

I seem to remember from my Visa forum days that you had a young daughter that came over, and I advised the difficulties that can bring, did it all go well, I would like to know, but put it in a pm not on an open forum.

Still in touch with Scouse, in fact going up to see him next week, so I shall be in a sorry state next Sunday w00t.gif

Moss do you really think you will only be in a sorry state on the "Sunday"!!!! iF I am correct you arrive on the Friday ? so please be prepared for Sat, Sun and Monday too as I will be there too !!!!! burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gifdrunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif Stella here we come xpartytime2.gif.pagespeed.ic.V_K7hML3fS.

BT ( Cabbage's and Condon"s ????) biggrin.png

Hey BT. I'll be warming him up on the Friday, for the long run on Saturday. What happens after that is anybody's guess.

See you soon

Silva dived against Chelsea I think this season, and although he has moved on balotelli used to dive a lot.

Anyway it's not like Suarez invented diving so stop getting your nickers in a twist. Drogba and Ronaldo were probably far worse than Suarez when it comes to diving so stick that in your pipe and smoke it. 5555

I don't blame the Liverpool fans for supporting Suarez. A magical player he is. He is also an absolutely horrible serial diver, both in club and international play. For anybody who wanted to do the Youtube research its all there for you.

Yes, Jovetic looks like he has some diving genes, and Yaya has been known to be felled by the invisible, but neither of them is even close to being in Suarez's "class".

All that said, kudos to Liverpool for a well played match.

They'll probably levy a huge fine, Platini needs the money for the brown bags that get him votes.

• Like 1

that's not what I summarised from the article BB. It looks pretty serious if we fail to convince them.

On a different note. Not happy with reports that City fans respected the tribute on Sunday but a mini van/coach with City fans got bricked and windows smashed by Liverpool supporters. Yes, it will be a minority but that won't be any comfort to those who were terrified inside.

Can't wait for Mad Mary's explanation on the above. Something like:

The windows broke, get over it.

It wasn't intentional. The bus just happened to drive past someone who was passing a brick to his mate across the road. Get over it.

Nobody was hurt. Get over it.

Or complaining that we didn't give the bricks back and they are needed on a building site.

It wasn't intentional. The bus just happened to drive past someone who was passing a brick to his mate across the road. Get over it.

Or complaining that we didn't give the bricks back and they are needed on a building site.

What ,you expect me to defend a bunch of gobshites smashing a bus up with fans in who had just paid impeccable respect to Hillsborough ?

TBH I think you owe me an apology.

What ,you expect me to defend a bunch of gobshites smashing a bus up with fans in who had just paid impeccable respect to Hillsborough ?

It was tongue in cheek MM.

You ain't gonna get one.................get over it thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

that's not what I summarised from the article BB. It looks pretty serious if we fail to convince them.

Scenarios are that you could be thrown out of CL and stripped of the title if you win it.

I'd quote my source but it's from an unmentionable SEA paper, so we know it's not rubbish. wink.png

I'll feel a lot better about everything if you get rid of that useless <deleted>****g avatar.tongue.png

Whoa there ,what avatar are you seeing ? I have a JFT96 YNWA up as I see it and if you are disrespecting that (smilie or not) YOU can &lt;deleted&gt; right off.

I'll feel a lot better about everything if you get rid of that useless <deleted>****g avatar.tongue.png

Whoa there ,what avatar are you seeing ? I have a JFT96 YNWA up as I see it and if you are disrespecting that (smilie or not) YOU can <deleted> right off.

I see an irate AVB.

Maybe others see a new avatar which accounts for my post being deleted.

Edited by jellydog

Whoa there ,what avatar are you seeing ? I have a JFT96 YNWA up as I see it and if you are disrespecting that (smilie or not) YOU can <deleted> right off.

I see an irate AVB.

I removed the post as I thought there would be some issue and someone may jump on your back.

I see an irate AVB.

I removed the post as I thought there would be some issue and someone may jump on your back.

I'm glad you did. I wouldn't have criticized MM's new avatar (if I had seen it) in a million years.

• Like 1