Manchester City

mrbojangles

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has questioned Manchester City's signing of Frank Lampard.

Midfielder Lampard, 36, will join City on a six-month loan deal from Major League Soccer franchise New York City - one of three clubs affiliated to the Premier League champions.

Last season, City received sanctions on their squad after breaching Uefa's Financial Fair Play regulations.

"Is it a way to get around the fair play? I don't know," said Wenger.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28635053

Dumb statement by Arsene as isn't EVERY transfer inbound these days done with PRIOR consideration of fair play...moaning Arsene as usual.

I predicted on here this would happen when Man City first announced they were buying an American club and suggested that wouldn't be the only club their sugar daddy would buy.

I said he would then use those clubs to buy players then loan them to Man City with the players parent club paying the players salary. Man City would then get the player at zero cost to get round the FFP restrictions they're struggling to meet.

UEFA could of course prevent this fiddle by simply saying the players loan value and salary would be added to the loanee club's FFP financial figures, regardless of who actually pays the money......................but they won't.

I would be interested to see what you actually said when you predicted this on here. I have just looked through almost 2 years of your posts and unless I missed it, I can't find anything where you predicted this. Happy to be corrected as I just wanted to see what you originally wrote.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has questioned Manchester City's signing of Frank Lampard.

Midfielder Lampard, 36, will join City on a six-month loan deal from Major League Soccer franchise New York City - one of three clubs affiliated to the Premier League champions.

Last season, City received sanctions on their squad after breaching Uefa's Financial Fair Play regulations.

Dumb statement by Arsene as isn't EVERY transfer inbound these days done with PRIOR consideration of fair play...moaning Arsene as usual.

I predicted on here this would happen when Man City first announced they were buying an American club and suggested that wouldn't be the only club their sugar daddy would buy.

I said he would then use those clubs to buy players then loan them to Man City with the players parent club paying the players salary. Man City would then get the player at zero cost to get round the FFP restrictions they're struggling to meet.

UEFA could of course prevent this fiddle by simply saying the players loan value and salary would be added to the loanee club's FFP financial figures, regardless of who actually pays the money......................but they won't.

I would be interested to see what you actually said when you predicted this on here. I have just looked through almost 2 years of your posts and unless I missed it, I can't find anything where you predicted this. Happy to be corrected as I just wanted to see what you originally wrote.

whistling.gif We're waiting.

It is for the clubs that regularly breach it.

rolleyes.gif

It was definitely on Thai Visa because I don't post on another football thread and it was around the time when Man City's owners first announced they were buying (wanted to buy) a club in New York.

I don't know what thread it was in but somebody had posted the story and I, among others, replied. I also can't remember whether I made the points in one post or more but I did basically make two points on the story.

The first was the one I mentioned above about it enabling your sheikh to buy players for New York then loaning them to Man City with the parent club paying the salary etc.

The second was that Man City could loan out high salaried but out of favour players to New York with New York then picking up the tab which again would help Man City to balance the FFP books. (Adebayor sprang to mind at the time because Man City were still paying his ludicrous salary when he went to Spurs. Sending him to New York with them paying his wages would have freed up a lot of money on the balance sheet)

I added a footnote to say of course he could buy half a dozen clubs, he doesn't have to stop at one.

It was definitely on Thai Visa because I don't post on another football thread and it was around the time when Man City's owners first announced they were buying (wanted to buy) a club in New York.

I don't know what thread it was in but somebody had posted the story and I, among others, replied. I also can't remember whether I made the points in one post or more but I did basically make two points on the story.

The first was the one I mentioned above about it enabling your sheikh to buy players for New York then loaning them to Man City with the parent club paying the salary etc.

The second was that Man City could loan out high salaried but out of favour players to New York with New York then picking up the tab which again would help Man City to balance the FFP books. (Adebayor sprang to mind at the time because Man City were still paying his ludicrous salary when he went to Spurs. Sending him to New York with them paying his wages would have freed up a lot of money on the balance sheet)

I added a footnote to say of course he could buy half a dozen clubs, he doesn't have to stop at one.

Now doesn't that sound like a brilliant plan thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

2 players for every position Blue.

Mourinho policy.

Thumbs up.

oh he invented it did he? never knew that. could have sworn other managers with similarly absurd budgets had been doing for years before.

yep and guess what, if van Gaal doesn't do that too then P45's a dutchman!.

van P45

facepalm.gif

Where's my taxi?

smile.png

MANCHESTER CITY will pay all of Chelsea legend Frank Lampard's wages during his six-month loan spell - following criticism from Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger. http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/495519/Man-City-to-pay-ALL-of-Frank-Lampard-s-wages-during-loan-spell

While Frank Lampard’s 6-month-deal to Manchester City might have already generated several column inches in the UK, it also looks set to impact City’s recent Argentine acquisition, Bruno Zuculini. Increased competition for places in central midfield will probably see the 21-year-old going out on loan with Valencia at the front of the queue.http://golazoargentino.wordpress.com/2014/08/04/man-city-set-to-loan-zuculini-after-lampards-arrival/?

Edited by uptheos

I don't know who deserves a slap more, the cretins that write this stuff or the idiots that can't read it.

"Wenger believes it is a way of getting around Financial Fair Play rules with City reportedly paying the entirety of the midfielder's pay packet until March."

Which is funny, because they quote him as saying:

"Is it a way to get around the fair play? I don’t know."

Not the same thing unless you are illiterate.

With The Beast out injured for 3 months or more, and both Aguero and our ‘new’ signing and undoubted pre-season star, Jovetic, both injury prone, we could of course rely again on the Dzeko – Silva partnership that was so good at the business-end of last season. But how about New York City FC’s David Villa (currently on loan to Melbourne City FC). Could or would City take him on a ‘Lampard’ loan? Over to you Arsene!

With The Beast out injured for 3 months or more, and both Aguero and our ‘new’ signing and undoubted pre-season star, Jovetic, both injury prone, we could of course rely again on the Dzeko – Silva partnership that was so good at the business-end of last season. But how about New York City FC’s David Villa (currently on loan to Melbourne City FC). Could or would City take him on a ‘Lampard’ loan? Over to you Arsene!

It doesn't really matter, does it? Manchester Dhabi are owned by a spoilt Arab who will do whatever he likes, and UEFA are too spineless to stop him.

It doesn't really matter, does it? Manchester Dhabi are owned by a spoilt Arab who will do whatever he likes, and UEFA are too spineless to stop him.

Aww, diddums giggle.gif

Aww, diddums giggle.gif

Ah look, another embarrassed glory hunter hiding behind bravado.

biggrin.png

Aww, diddums giggle.gif

Ah look, another embarrassed glory hunter hiding behind bravado.

biggrin.png

Who this embarrassed person? If meant to be me then think you got it wrong as i think its bloody marvellous what the Sheik and City are doing.

And calling any City fan who's been following them since before September 2008 (Sheik's purchase of the club) is unlikely to be a glory hunter - certainly no more than any football fan who follows any football club anywhere in the UK. I'm guessing you don't know City's recent history...but the story so far Chicog is that we are the current CHAMPIONS wai.gif

Aww diddums Chicog wink.png

The new academy seems to be progressing well.

attachicon.gif10455323_558655867613283_9069655503770731190_n.jpg

Bloody hell looks like they can only afford half a roof.

Not sure what part of "progressing" you didn't understand nev biggrin.png

post-19652-0-56682900-1407318195_thumb.j

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-14973122

Nev, Hope this one clears up the mystery of "half a roof"

Edited by Bredbury Blue

The new academy seems to be progressing well.

attachicon.gif10455323_558655867613283_9069655503770731190_n.jpg

It's pretty impressive isn't it MrBJ...

My mum and dad are from where the Etihad is now (Bradford Colliery derelict area) - mum's from Clayton and dad's from Bradford, a couple of javelin throws from the ground - and a few years before i was born, the houses on our street in Bradford were demolished so they could build a big gasometer and we were offered to relocate to Bredbury or Brinnington. When the folks go back to the area, they can't believe how such a wasteland area could be turned in to such a magnificent complex. My brother was telling me that one of the cool tourist things to do in Manchester these days, is to go next door to the Velodrome and watch Team Britain training on the track (combining that visit of course with the Tour of the Etihad).

We've come a long way since the days of Swales, eh!

I suppose it's only fair to share it with the vulgar new money....

biggrin.png

Santi you'll be pleased to hear that the Charity Community Chastity Shield is on BBTV7.....

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

The sarcastic poster of dubious masculinity never gives up. facepalm.gif

Best thing that could happen would be for City to beat them in the Community Shield and the top teams to dump the @rse out of the top 4. smile.png

Then the Russian and the American owners of Arsenal FC, and the sarcastic poster of dubious masculinity, would definitely have something to moan about.

biggrin.png

Landed back in Thailand. Me and the Mrs got 4 days alone in Patters without the daughter, so much beer will be swilled, bacon butties and pork, pork, pork. thumbsup.gif

Watch the City V Arsenal match and then head up to the boonies for 6 days.

Which area of the boonies - any where nice?

Hope none of you guys will be on the Esaan highway back to BKK/Pattaya on the 12th - i travelled back on the last national holiday from Mukdahan to BKK and it was the mother of all traffic jams, never again.

Landed back in Thailand. Me and the Mrs got 4 days alone in Patters without the daughter, so much beer will be swilled, bacon butties and pork, pork, pork. thumbsup.gif

Watch the City V Arsenal match and then head up to the boonies for 6 days.

Which area of the boonies - any where nice?

Hope none of you guys will be on the Esaan highway back to BKK/Pattaya on the 12th - i travelled back on the last national holiday from Mukdahan to BKK and it was the mother of all traffic jams, never again.

Chaiyaphum BB.

6 days up there and then back to the beach. The Mrs still hasn't realised that I have arranged going up there and back around the city matches biggrin.png

• Like 1