Manchester City

mrbojangles

From Daniel Taylor"s Guardian piece

Teams rarely improve after they have moved on their outstanding player, no matter how much money it frees up, and in Suárez's case that was a nice line doing the rounds recently about it being the equivalent of selling an iPhone then splashing out on a pager, a phone, a fax machine, a camera and a pen.

Teams rarely improve after they have moved on their outstanding player, no matter how much money it frees up, and in Suárez's case that was a nice line doing the rounds recently about it being the equivalent of selling an iPhone then splashing out on a pager, a phone, a fax machine, a camera and a pen.

he's an appalling journalist who made his name by lodging himself firmly up alex ferguson's <deleted> for five years. that's dreadful writing.

• Like 1

he's an appalling journalist who made his name by lodging himself firmly up alex ferguson's <deleted> for five years. that's dreadful writing.

You never know...may get a Galaxy S5 on loan as wellsmile.png

• Like 1

There is a body of opinion which suggests that UNITED's decline began the day they sold Ronnie.

One might have an alternative view, but I still find the Blackburn Rovers case history quite amusing.

Sold Shearer, the following season they dropped down the table 'like an anvil down a mineshaft.'

Nice shiny Cavani 2014 could work very well at Anfield maybe.

Brilliant analogy isn't it, but take it you're not a fan of young Master Daniel.

I watched United's defeat last night and wasn't impressed with what I saw, though once they'd equalised I did expect them to go on and win it...thought they left themselves too open chasing the victory and paid the price.

I then flicked through the channels watching mainly Kasper Schmeichel vs Gareth Barry (didn't watch any of the Stoke game), abd and a bit of Richard Dunne vs Hull.

I couldn't be arsed staying up to watch Arsenal vs Palace...how were they both?

I watched United's defeat last night and wasn't impressed with what I saw, though once they'd equalised I did expect them to go on and win it...thought they left themselves too open chasing the victory and paid the price.

I then flicked through the channels watching mainly Kasper Schmeichel vs Gareth Barry (didn't watch any of the Stoke game), abd and a bit of Richard Dunne vs Hull.

I couldn't be arsed staying up to watch Arsenal vs Palace...how were they both?

Arsenal were very lucky.

Three points. Credit to the Magpies for an heroic effort first outing at home. Save for some horrendous finishing it might have been a different end to the story. Not a bad effort from City overall but they did a poor job of killing the game off at the end. Way too nervy the last 10 minutes.

Jovetic has a bunch to learn. Atrocious passing at times.

Decent debut from Fernando I thought and I like his physicality.

Nice pass from Yaya to Dzeko and sweet back heel from Dzeko to Silva for the first goal.

Good to see Aguero active and finishing well. If he can stay fit and in form City are a handful for anybody.

Hoping Zabs is ready to go next week. City ain't quite the same without him.

Yeah - using other people's material. Distinct lack of creativity. Nice analogy thoughlaugh.png

Good to see Aguero active and finishing well. If he can stay fit and in form City are a handful for anybody.

Goes without saying, but are you guys going to make a better fist of the CL this year? (getting in 1st - I know you could say the same about Arsenalwhistling.gif )

Goes without saying, but are you guys going to make a better fist of the CL this year? (getting in 1st - I know you could say the same about Arsenalwhistling.gif )

With all the seeding in the CL, I suppose it depends on the luck of the draw for the group stage. Do I think we are good enough to win it? In a word, No.

Big loveable lug Dzeko and Fernando's physicality...You must be wetting your knickers jellybean.

Why do you have to be so nasty P45? Jelly gave his opinion of the game and in no way insinuated that he was "wetting his knickers" over anybody's performance. So why retort like that?

Three points. Credit to the Magpies for an heroic effort first outing at home. Save for some horrendous finishing it might have been a different end to the story. Not a bad effort from City overall but they did a poor job of killing the game off at the end. Way too nervy the last 10 minutes.

Jovetic has a bunch to learn. Atrocious passing at times.

Decent debut from Fernando I thought and I like his physicality.

Nice pass from Yaya to Dzeko and sweet back heel from Dzeko to Silva for the first goal.

Hoping Zabs is ready to go next week. City ain't quite the same without him.

After last years unfortunate injuries, I think Jovetic is just trying to impress too much. He's definitely got the ability and I've no doubt he'll improve.

Dzecko did ok but look what a difference 10 minutes with Aguero on the park does. He keeps going when others have given up and it was that which got him the goal.

Overall, to say we were playing in France away at Newcastle, first game of the season. I thought we did OK but no doubt improvements are required for next week.

Big loveable lug Dzeko and Fernando's physicality...You must be wetting your knickers jellybean.

Why do you have to be so nasty P45? Jelly gave his opinion of the game and in no way insinuated that he was "wetting his knickers" over anybody's performance. So why retort like that?

errr, Too many Changs?biggrin.png

errr, Too many Changs?biggrin.png

I have this theory that P45 is a meejah PhD doing a thesis on the psychology of social media interaction. Noone could be so studied and committed to play the cyber-irritant like he does just for fun ..... surely?

• Like 1

Can i answer your question, sir?

Will it be constructive tongue.png

• Like 1

Will it be constructive tongue.png

Probably not as "constructive" as my most recent post on the subject.wai2.gif