Manchester City

mrbojangles

Tell us a bit about yourself Chicog...how long have you been an Arsenal fan?

I farkin hate you for asking that question.

44 years.

Bugger, where did it go?

Excellent, then you should also remember the days of the Holy Trinity: Bell, Lee and Summerbee.

You can almost count it in days, yes.

Their star fell out of the sky in, what, 1970?

And what happened to young Nicky Summerbee, I thought he might have an auspicious career then he started clubbing with that model and it all went tits up.

I don't often disagree with Ups, but will here. P45 is a "serial antagonist" as defined by some other blogs/forums. Often referred to as "trolls". He "takes it on the chin" because he is constantly annoying and provoking others and eventually there is a backlash. He has been in that mode since he first started posting and has actually gotten more prolific with his posting and annoying manner with time.

Blocking him is obviously the easiest way to avoid his rubbish, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he is a plague on the football forum. My guess is that were he posting his constant rubbish on a less forgiving forum he would have been banned/suspended eons ago.coffee1.gif

Good lad, you know it makes sense. whistling.gif

Actually I don't think he's bright enough to be a troll, what I deduce is that he just *thinks* he's clever, especially after a few drinks, and then decides to show everyone his cleverness by posting unintelligible, irrelevant and copious drivel on as many threads as he can find.

I just found him too much of a distraction from proper posters, so I blocked him.

Amazing that he still manages to fill half a farking page at a time posting to himself though.

cheesy.gif

Edited by Chicog

Dont mind me. Just bought a new phone for my thai sim so I can get internet and just trying it out. The bladdy keyboard is a bit small. Carry on

See a lot of people would buy a new SIM for their phone.

What did you buy then MrBo, not one of those poofy iPhones I hope.

Dont mind me. Just bought a new phone for my thai sim so I can get internet and just trying it out. The bladdy keyboard is a bit small. Carry on

See a lot of people would buy a new SIM for their phone.

What did you buy then MrBo, not one of those poofy iPhones I hope.

No my phone with my Saudi sim is an iPhone but I don't bring it out with me all the time. My thai sim was in an old Nokia but obviously I couldn't get on the internet with that. I find Apple a pain changing sims around so bought an AIS Android for 3k baht. Not the prettiest but does all you need

So has was it P45, were you any good? Anything to report from the game?

We were exceptionally good in all departments MrBlue.

I think even the neutrals and the ABC's would probably agree.

37 to go.

I'll see if I can catch the rerun. How about Burnley, how were they? I have a soft spot for Burnley as they were decent in my formative junoir school days.

So has was it P45, were you any good? Anything to report from the game?

We were exceptionally good in all departments MrBlue.

I think even the neutrals and the ABC's would probably agree.

37 to go.

I'll see if I can catch the rerun. How about Burnley, how were they? I have a soft spot for Burnley as they were decent in my formative junoir school days.

Me too. Great club with history.

Difficult to say really. Chelsea were pretty much unfair competition last night. So need to see how they do in the next games. Not a disaster for them I don't think.

The ACL ice bucket challenge has been accepted by FC Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi, who in turn picked by Ezequiel Lavezzi, Kun Aguero and Nico Vazquez to take on the challenge.

That'll be Kun out for the season then biggrin.png #amendfantasyleaguestrategyasap

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

Zuculini officially loaned to Valencia.

I don't understand that one. He looked good in the friendliest why loan him out?

I reckon they feel they're loaded in midfield and want him to play. I understand this much better (or at least I think I do) than the Nastasic situation. Plus, its a heck of a big step straight from Argentina to the EPL. Not many have pulled it off well. Football in the Argentina league these days is pretty poor.

With any luck Zucu will come of age in Spain and we'll have him back by the time Yaya is off to the MLS.biggrin.png

I don't understand that one. He looked good in the friendliest why loan him out?

'But with Yaya Toure, Fernando, Fernandinho, James Milner and fellow summer arrival Frank Lampard ahead of him in the pecking order, the 21-year-old will spend the campaign at Estadio Mestalla.'

Dunno.

I'd be happy if he stayed instead of Frank.

I reckon they feel they're loaded in midfield and want him to play. I understand this much better (or at least I think I do) than the Nastasic situation. Plus, its a heck of a big step straight from Argentina to the EPL. Not many have pulled it off well. Football in the Argentina league these days is pretty poor.

With any luck Zucu will come of age in Spain and we'll have him back by the time Yaya is off to the MLS.biggrin.png

Yeah suppose your right. I'll bow to your knowledge of Argie club football. I just think if we buy a good young player we should give him an opportunity in say the league cup first and see if he can adapt to English footbal

Had a meeting today with a local indian guy who's a Red. He was telling me those 3 sikhs are the no.1 ticketting agents (match tickets & package tours) for asians.

• Like 2

Yeah suppose your right. I'll bow to your knowledge of Argie club football. I just think if we buy a good young player we should give him an opportunity in say the league cup first and see if he can adapt to English footbal

Check out what Mourinho does in this situation.

Manuel still on the learning curve methinks.

Man City and Chelsea have power to win title

Liverpool and Arsenal can't match physicality, say Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher

Arsenal and Liverpool won’t be able to cope with the power of Manchester City and Chelsea this season.

That was the verdict of the Monday Night Football experts after the opening round of Premier League fixtures in which all of last season’s top four claimed victories.

But while Arsenal and Liverpool edged narrow home wins against Crystal Palace and Southampton respectively, Manchester City and Chelsea powered to impressive away successes against Newcastle and Burnley.

Gary Neville says there are few weaknesses in Jose Mourinho’s side following the additions of Diego Costa, Cesc Fabregas and Filipe Luis and says their physicality could see the title race come down to a straight fight with City.

“I’m not writing Arsenal and Liverpool off on the first day of the season, but I’m not sure how they can win it,” he said on Monday Night Football.

“You look at champions and they have to fight when they have to fight. Chelsea have got a back four that’s massive and they’ve got Nemanja Matic and Diego Costa. Man City are the only side that can match them for size and power.

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/29327/9429102/monday-night-football-analysis-man-city-and-chelsea-have-power-to-win-title

• Like 1

Check out what Mourinho does in this situation.

Manuel still on the learning curve methinks.

Go on you've hooked me, what is it that Mourinho does in this situation that apparently Pellegrini doesn't and needs to learn? I'm baffled.

Man City and Chelsea have power to win title

Liverpool and Arsenal can't match physicality, say Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher

Arsenal and Liverpool wont be able to cope with the power of Manchester City and Chelsea this season.

That was the verdict of the Monday Night Football experts after the opening round of Premier League fixtures in which all of last seasons top four claimed victories.

But while Arsenal and Liverpool edged narrow home wins against Crystal Palace and Southampton respectively, Manchester City and Chelsea powered to impressive away successes against Newcastle and Burnley.

Gary Neville says there are few weaknesses in Jose Mourinhos side following the additions of Diego Costa, Cesc Fabregas and Filipe Luis and says their physicality could see the title race come down to a straight fight with City.

Im not writing Arsenal and Liverpool off on the first day of the season, but Im not sure how they can win it, he said on Monday Night Football.

You look at champions and they have to fight when they have to fight. Chelsea have got a back four thats massive and theyve got Nemanja Matic and Diego Costa. Man City are the only side that can match them for size and power.

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/29327/9429102/monday-night-football-analysis-man-city-and-chelsea-have-power-to-win-title

From a Daily Mail url i saw earlier, that obviously won't open here, it said that last weekend chelsea were the tallest and arsenal the smallest teams.

Yeah that's a concern to me. Two of our three Spaniards drop the team average down by at least an inch. The average goes back up a couple of inches though next week when the BFG comes back on-stream! Still, we are short upfront, unless Theo and Pod are on the pitch.

We don't have a good plan B lump it forward strategy for that very reasonlaugh.png

Edited by SantiSuk

Yeah that's a concern to me. Two of our three Spaniards drop the team average down by at least an inch. The average goes back up a couple of inches though next week when the BFG comes back on-stream! Still, we are short upfront, unless Theo and Pod are on the pitch.

We don't have a good plan B lump it forward strategy for that very reasonlaugh.png

Yep you got rid of Plan Bendtner didn't you...cheesy.gif