Manchester City

mrbojangles

Anybody see Sunderland V Utd last night. Utd were very much 2nd best. One chance, one goal (excellent work by Valencia). RVP and Rooney were not in the game at all...Rooney didn't look interested and i've never seen him less involved. Stan Laurel was their best player. Think LVG maybe trying to impose a system (3 at the back) on Utd that they don't have the players currently who can adopt to it.

yeah watched it. louis van gaal is some genius if he thinks he can turn ashley young into a wingback. bizarre management.

Nicely put Sir!

Anybody see Sunderland V Utd last night. Utd were very much 2nd best. One chance, one goal (excellent work by Valencia). RVP and Rooney were not in the game at all...Rooney didn't look interested and i've never seen him less involved. Stan Laurel was their best player. Think LVG maybe trying to impose a system (3 at the back) on Utd that they don't have the players currently who can adopt to it.

yeah watched it. louis van gaal is some genius if he thinks he can turn ashley young into a wingback. bizarre management.

Nicely put Sir!

For a so called winger, can Young actually beat a man? If he can it must be a rarity. He seems a bit of a onetrick pony, cut inside and try and curl the ball in to the far corner.

Nicely put Sir!

For a so called winger, can Young actually beat a man? If he can it must be a rarity. He seems a bit of a onetrick pony, cut inside and try and curl the ball in to the far corner.

He does a decent forward somersault with a twist in the free position.

• Like 2

Yeah really would prefer to see this match when both teams are at full strength, with the likes of Markovic, Lallana and Moreno playing.

I thought your lads looked good for the first outing last week and I'd be happy enough if we get a draw. Though I'm glad we are playing it at yours first, gives us that early season chance to nick it.

I'm pretty excited about Mario, I like him. I think he is a nice lad underneath all media panto. He's a steal at that price. Brendan has the skills to nurture young colts and turn them in to thoroughbreds. We'll see though.

Heart says 2-3, head says 2-1.

Markovic won't be in your full strength team this season !!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's a lot of exclamation marks alfie. Why do you think that?

Yes my finger got stuck, lol

1. You already have Sterling, Countinho, Lallana plus Sturridge (if you buy a forward) who are attacking midfielders !

2. In case you failed to notice, young kids coming from abroad usually have the tendancy to take time to settle.

Perhaps best to discuss this further at the end of the season.

1. He might be better than all of them

2. You mean like Coutinho did? wink.png

Agreed, let's kick this one about after we win the league the season finishes tongue.png

CTH

Stadium 5 - 14:30 - 17:30 Manchester City vs Liverpool

Stadium 6 - 16:00 - 18:00 Match day MNC vs LIV

Stadium 6 - 22:00 - 00:00 Matchday (???)

Stadium 2 - 21:00 - 00:00 Manchester City vs Liverpool

Stadium 4 - 05:30 - 08:30 Manchester City vs Liverpool

Stadium 5 - 07:00 - 09:00 Classic Match Manchester City vs Southampton

Stadium 5 - 23:00 - 23:30 Classic Match Hull City vs Manchester City

Robbed the scousers there......let's see what the second half brings jingle jangles!

Sorry Smokie but boys playing MEN !!! It hurts me but lets be honest.

I am pleased Man Utd NOT playing City this week.

Well done City good display.

BT

Robbed the scousers there......let's see what the second half brings jingle jangles!

Hardly mate. Liverpool looked second best from the moment they conceded.

No shame to lose to City, especially away and more confirmation if it was needed that City and the little horse will be battling out on their own. Lets hope a couple of us can stick in there as Liverpool did so impressively last season.

• Like 1

No shame to lose to City, especially away and more confirmation if it was needed that City and the little horse will be battling out on their own. Lets hope a couple of us can stick in there as Liverpool did so impressively last season.

didn't expect to get anything from there, wasn't disappointed. we played very well for the first forty minutes or so and then one slip and a team as good as city are in.

their depth is excellent, their manager is smart, they're another year more experienced and solid on last season. we'll bounce back though, hopefully at spurs on sunday.

• Like 1

didn't expect to get anything from there, wasn't disappointed. we played very well for the first forty minutes or so and then one slip and a team as good as city are in.

their depth is excellent, their manager is smart, they're another year more experienced and solid on last season. we'll bounce back though, hopefully at spurs on sunday.

Or then again, hopefully not! Our fixture next weekend might offer you a tougher proposition than last seasons debacle.

Or then again, hopefully not! Our fixture next weekend might offer you a tougher proposition than last seasons debacle.

think mopo has already got you playing better than anything you did last season. hoping he plays that higher line though that will help us on the counter-attack. pellegrini didn't and it hurt us.

Big game next weekend surely is can ManU beat Burnley

Think van Gaal is desperately lucky he doesn't have a game gainst a top five side next weekend and he's been gifted a great opportunity to take three points and settle some nerves. maybe sounds hard on Burnley but thats how i see it.

Very happy with that result and glad it's out of the way with us getting all the points. Personally, I thought both teams haven't reached top gear yet.

Jovetic seems to be getting his form back and showing the potential that Pellegrini saw in him before we signed him. What a goal by Aguero eh. He'd only been on the park seconds and Pellegrini says he isn't match fit yet and is doing his own pre-season training separately to the other lads.

• Like 1

Uh blink.png

They were much the better side for the first half hour....but what a turnaround....City were much more clinical in front of goal.....good win that.

Uh blink.png

They were much the better side for the first half hour....but what a turnaround....City were much more clinical in front of goal.....good win that.

Sorry smokes but I don't agree "they were much the better side for the first half hour". I thought both teams played well during that period but neither could put that final killer ball through. As one of the pundits said, it was "very cagey".

That’s a hell of a tough start for us, isn’t it – don’t hear Our Charming Man bleating like Moyes did last season, eh!

Newcastle – A

Liverpool – H

Stoke – H

Arsenal – A

Chelsea – H

City have a pretty easy run out at the end of the season. Snapping up three points these days will go a long ways.clap2.gif

Yeah, deffo tough start but to be fair to Pellegrini I haven't heard him bleat on about anything since he came.

He's very impressive, isn't he. There are other managers who could learn a thing or two about how to carry yourself.

He doesn't speak enough English to get himself into trouble.

biggrin.png

Yeah, deffo tough start but to be fair to Pellegrini I haven't heard him bleat on about anything since he came.

He's very impressive, isn't he. There are other managers who could learn a thing or two about how to carry yourself.

He doesn't speak enough English to get himself into trouble.

biggrin.png

I doubt he would even if he was fluent, but your point made. Lest we forget hip shooting Mancini.thumbsup.gif