Manchester City

mrbojangles

Congats to Stoke...played really well.so many teams come and park the bus and lose...first time in 3 seasons any team has pulled it off. City were poor though.

Pardon? Chelsea beat you home and away last season.

Tactical Masterclass.

You seem to have a short memory Blue.

No. I don't count Chelsea's performance last season in with the loads of park the bus performances by lower position teams who come with one intention of defending for a point with no intention of winning unlike chelsea who came to frustrate and wait their moment. ..a subtle difference.

Congats to Stoke...played really well.so many teams come and park the bus and lose...first time in 3 seasons any team has pulled it off. City were poor though.

Tactical Masterclass.

No. I don't count Chelsea's performance last season in with the loads of park the bus performances by lower position teams who come with one intention of defending for a point with no intention of winning unlike chelsea who came to frustrate and wait their moment. ..a subtle difference.

Totally agree. Ask Simeone but not Carmine.

Tactical Masterclass.

I reckon you are talking <deleted> BB

One of those nights. Not for lack of effort I don't think. Stoke defended well.

I'm not sure that I'm thrilled with the Aguero/Jovetic pairing but too early for conclusions. Having a target man has its benefits.

Tactical Masterclass.

Better not slip up against Spurs tomorrow then matey.

Tactical Masterclass.

Why?

• Like 1

One of those nights. Not for lack of effort I don't think. Stoke defended well.

I'm not sure that I'm thrilled with the Aguero/Jovetic pairing but too early for conclusions. Having a target man has its benefits.

Aguero, Decko, Jovetic, Negredo.

Up to The Charming One to get his choice of 4 strikers working best.

So Lee Mason obviously doesn't like City chicog judging by the Yaya penalty not being awarded

I don't think he helped himself with the theatrical dive....

Not the first time Yaya has been looking to go down late when City are desperate for a goal. I ain't blaming him much though.tongue.png

So let me get this straight then. When you said " i think the way the old-boys club (G14 / G18) are protected by the current seeding process could do with looking at.", what you meant was that they should give the "top" leagues automatic seeding, virtually guaranteeing most of them progression.

And yet when I said it's bad for football and increases the likelihood of a European "Premier" League, you say:

Thanks what we're all saying. Doh!

Yeah right.

cheesy.gif

Well let me help you get this straight then.

When i said " i think the way the old-boys club (G14 / G18) are protected by the current seeding process could do with looking at.", what I did not mean was that they should give the "top" leagues automatic seeding, virtually guaranteeing most of them progression. After I posted, you posted a report that EUFA were planning a change to the seeding system "UEFA has confirmed that, under new proposals, the top eight seeds would comprise of the defending Champions League winners, along with the seven domestic league winners of the top-ranked UEFA nations". I am more in favour of an open knockout cup draw system and im sure I posted that. I also posted that if they're going to seed the domestic league winners then it makes sense to seed Germany champions above the swedish champions. With me so far chicog?

You then stated "You can see how it ends up if you keep doing the big boys favours, surely?" to which I replied "Thanks (that's) what we're all saying. Doh!" I.e. the current system favours/protects/is advantageous to the ex-G14 clubs. Clear.

Keep up chicog!

So Lee Mason obviously doesn't like City chicog judging by the Yaya penalty not being awarded

Maybe so maybe not but doesn't detract from it was a penalty does it.

No, but I can see why he didn't give it. Plus he probably saw the half time video.

Bredbury can we talk about your "most lethal striker" award again?

I think Costa is at 91 minutes at the moment.

Think we're all clear that if you play 1 game and score 1 goal you would have a greater goal coefficient than aguro shearer etc. Infact I saw earlier today that Torres Liverpool was up there with best...he then went to chelsea where I think he became a goal in 5 games kind of striker. Raise costas scoring coefficient at the end of the season chicog and if then he has the best coefficient fair play to him and you.

Think we're all clear that if you play 1 game and score 1 goal you would have a greater goal coefficient than aguro shearer etc. Infact I saw earlier today that Torres Liverpool was up there with best...he then went to chelsea where I think he became a goal in 5 games kind of striker. Raise costas scoring coefficient at the end of the season chicog and if then he has the best coefficient fair play to him and you.

Oh so it's over a season then?

In that case it must be Suarez.

Maybe so maybe not but doesn't detract from it was a penalty does it.

No, but I can see why he didn't give it. Plus he probably saw the half time video.

Then that would be wrong then of the referee, wouldn't it.

You need to read what people post and not what you think they post...always a good approach you'll find. Think you'll find I said raise costas coefficient at the end of the season chicog...we're still in August!

Then that would be wrong then of the referee, wouldn't it.

Yes, incompetent but fair. It is Lee Mason after all.

Sorry, fair? Why fair? If the kolorov incident should have been a penalty but wasnt given, not giving the yaya one a penalty would still be wrong wouldn't it.

You need to read what people post and not what you think they post...always a good approach you'll find. Think you'll find I said raise costas coefficient at the end of the season chicog...we're still in August!

Yes but for some reason you thought Aguero was the most lethal because he did it over, what was it, an arbitrary 54 games?

Is it a season now? If so, then Suarez last year spanks Aguero's behind frankly, scored 30 odd and he missed a load of games at the start.

Make your mind up man.

Of course it could just be more irrelevant johnny-come-lately bollicks written by a desperate Citeh fan to try and justify the spending.

Anyway, I'm guessing you'll need a drink or two now, so I'll leave you to it,

thumbsup.gif

Yes but for some reason you thought Aguero was the most lethal because he did it over, what was it, an arbitrary 54 games?

Is it a season now? If so, then Suarez last year spanks Aguero's behind frankly, scored 30 odd and he missed a load of games at the start.

Make your mind up man.

Of course it could just be more irrelevant johnny-come-lately bollicks written by a desperate Citeh fan to try and justify the spending.

Anyway, I'm guessing you'll need a drink or two now, so I'll leave you to it,

thumbsup.gif

There is no arbitrary number of games but we all know its not one game as per your costa example.

Aguro has been playing in the premier for over 3 seasons now which certainly is a reasonable amount of time to judge a goalscorers coefficient.

I mentioned coming back about costas goal coefficient after a season as a season is a reasonable length of time to judge him.

Also I didn't make up the goalscoring record, I just posted it. Dont should the messenger.

I think I can handle city's defeat. We didn't deserve anything, Stoke did.