Manchester City

mrbojangles

I have a feeling Mangala will play Sunday, despite all the papers going for Demichelis.

Speed is the key and I think Mangala starts.

Important game this. Sounds as though Aguero will start. Maybe just one up top.

Zabaleta will replace Sagna.

Lets see if Yaya can put a performance in. They need him to in order to have any chance of winning.

I think it might be time to buy Yaya a cake, sing to him or something maybe remind him how loved he is. The colossal premadona looks like he's about to have one of those sulks!

Perhaps he should try more tracking back and less play acting!biggrin.png

Just got tickets online for home game vs Spurs in October...well chuffed. 54 quid each for me and the wife, 26 quid each for my boys. This will be 3rd game for my boys, we went to the opening home game wins vs Soton and Newcastle past 2 seasons, hope it'll be 3 from 3 for them...they're both big Aguero fans (think the wife favours Demechellis...used to be a big fan of Carlo Nash...my +80 yr old mum misses Mancini, can't tell you how many times she said he was handsome). Come on you blues!

In today's Telegraph Gary Neville argues that City with the oldest Premier squad average age that "I wonder if the English champions are also now rolling towards the edge of decline". I don't agree. The players above 30 and pushing the average up are:

First choicers: Demechellis (33), Yaya (33)

Squad: Caballero (32), Sagna (31),

Squad backup: Richard Wright (36), Lampard (36).

Demechellis was never bought long term, his replacement is in place in Mangala but Dem is looking good enough for a one year extension.

Yaya will be difficult to replace like for like but in theory Dinho could be the box to box replacement or we sell on Yaya and buy.

The core of the first team are 26 to 28 year olds and therefore good for minimum 2 years most for 4 years.

Therefore I don't agree with Red Nev nor do City which is why all the core players have recently signed up for long term extensions.

Today's Guardian. ..Daniel whatshisface:

Time for Touré to quieten the critics

"In Florence to see how Micah Richards was setting into his new life, the conversation turned to the fact Fiorentinas new No4 was the only player at Manchester City to have been there before Abu Dhabis money.When I asked him to nominate the best footballer he had played with in his 12 years at the club the first name he mentioned was David Silva. The next was Carlos Tevez because no disrespect to Sergio Agüero, but he carried us.Richards also said Elano ridiculous talent, absolutely ridiculous could have been a superstar if he had joined the club further into their development. Then he paused. The most complete? Yaya Touré. OK, we all know he doesnt track runners. We know that. But his technical ability hes strong, hes fast, he can pass, he can shoot, he scored 20 goals last season from midfield and hes holding off defenders like its the playground. Hes the most complete, definitely.That is one hell of a compliment given the list of category-A footballers who have pulled on Citys colours since the takeover and perhaps it explains why Tourés deterioration this season has been so noticeable.He has struck me as semi-detached ever since the opening game at Newcastle and, for those of us in Munich on Wednesday, it should not have required his post-match clinch with Pep Guardiola to realise he did not seem entirely fixed on his nights work.Touré should be regarded as one of the outstanding players of the modern Premier League era. If he wants to turn the volume down on his critics, Sundays game against Chelsea would be a good place to start".

We need to Chicog. We are currently 7 points and Chelsea are on 12. We need to win to pull it back to 2 points. If we lose and they go to 15 points and 8 ahead of us, although it's still early doors, it would be a huge setback.

A proper 6 pointer this one.

You also forgot to add that if you lose and we win we will jump above you.

We need to Chicog. We are currently 7 points and Chelsea are on 12. We need to win to pull it back to 2 points. If we lose and they go to 15 points and 8 ahead of us, although it's still early doors, it would be a huge setback.

A horrible thing to say.facepalm.gif

Yep. There is that as well. However, upto now you have only played (dare I say) the easier fixtures and will be having some difficult games coming up.

Or if United lose that you would be staying mid table mediocrity with the likes of Sunderland and QPR for companycheesy.gif

Well that ain't gonna happen now is it tongue.png

Unfortunately the ref, and Leicester, didn't fancy that scenario. Manure may have spent 200m in the last year, but they still havent replaced Howard Webb giggle.gif

Moral victory.

Mangala is class.

Milner had a very good game.

Ref turned away 4 pens, 3 for us 1 for them, which I thought could have all been given.

Even when we were down to ten men, there was only one team who wanted to win. Don't know what the stats were but I would guess we beat them on all of them.

I don't like Costa one bit. He'll get found out for the horrible git he is. He reacted to Zabba with a single goal in mind and that was to get Zabba sent off.

Totally agree about Mangala. Strong, athetic and fitted into the side straight off. Only a top class player does that in his first game, especially against a team like Chelsea. He looked totally at home.

And the ref was a complete joke all the way through. Dishing out yellows when there was no need at all and then not giving them when he should have.

Amazing really, that when we went down to ten men and went a goal behind, I feel Chelsea did a smash and grab.

^ Was still a yellow card challenge Mr BJ....no matter the reaction. And yes, he will get his cumuppance (hopefully not when I captain him in my FPL teamwink.png ). As for your stats mate, Lampard had more shots on goal in 13 mins than the whole Chavs team in 90! #parkadabusbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Moral victory.

Mangala is class.

Milner had a very good game.

Ref turned away 4 pens, 3 for us 1 for them, which I thought could have all been given.

Even when we were down to ten men, there was only one team who wanted to win. Don't know what the stats were but I would guess we beat them on all of them.

I don't like Costa one bit. He'll get found out for the horrible git he is. He reacted to Zabba with a single goal in mind and that was to get Zabba sent off.

Totally agree about Mangala. Strong, athetic and fitted into the side straight off. Only a top class player does that in his first game, especially against a team like Chelsea. He looked totally at home.

And the ref was a complete joke all the way through. Dishing out yellows when there was no need at all and then not giving them when he should have.

Amazing really, that when we went down to ten men and went a goal behind, I feel Chelsea did a smash and grab.

Chelsea weren't playing the way I wanted them to, but we were playing the champions at their home. Penguin was complaining about the tactics even though he had them mid week against Bayern..........

As for Costa, the media have hyped him up so much as this street fighter type of player that defenders are targeting him to get him to flare up. In fact I would imagine he is the most fouled player in the epl ATM. No problem, someone has to be, but don't complain when he does get agitated.

• Like 1