Manchester City

mrbojangles

A much needed three points ! Could have been a walk in the park save for Mangala's miscues. That said I thought Hull played well in spots.

A sharp Dzeko and I'm about to ditch my ambivalence about him. Seems he continues to improve and I'm happy that Pellegrini showed confidence in him.

Come on everyone join in, choose your best City & Chelsea combined team. Here's mine:

Hart

Zaba ...Kompany. ..Mangala. ..Azpilicueta

Fabregas...Fernando...Yaya...Hazard

Silva

Aguero

A 4411.

Go ed then.......

............................Courtois

Zabaleta...Kompany...Cahill...Azpilicueta

............................ Matic

.................Silva...Fabregas...Hazard

......................Costa..........Aguero

Come on everyone join in, choose your best City & Chelsea combined team. Here's mine:

Hart

Silva

Aguero

A 4411.

Go ed then.......

Having thought about this a bit more...I'd probably change my team to

Hart

Zaba...Kompany. ..Cahill (proven in Premier, mangala learning)..Ap

Matic (age on his side compared to Fernando)

Fabregas...Yaya...Hazard

Silva (best player of the 11 has to play in his best position, THE NO.10)

Agueo

Hart

Silva

Aguero

A 4411.

Go ed then.......

Having thought about this a bit more...I'd probably change my team to

Hart

Zaba...Kompany. ..Cahill (proven in Premier, mangala learning)..Ap

Matic (age on his side compared to Fernando)

Fabregas...Yaya...Hazard

Silva (best player of the 11 has to play in his best position, THE NO.10)

Agueo

You still need to give it more thought. biggrin.png

Seriously though, Costa's scored 8 in 6 and Courtois is, well just on a completely higher level than Hart could ever be.

Edited by carmine

A few weeks ago I posted that Aguero has the best scoring rate EVER in the Premier, and Chicog as is his norm posted stupid comments to try to counter the facts. Having read my kids 'Match' magazine I now know that it is based on players WHO HAVE PLAYED 15 GAMES OR MORE. Some player. ..let's see if Costa you're all raving about compares.

A few weeks ago I posted that Aguero has the best scoring rate EVER in the Premier, and Chicog as is his norm posted stupid comments to try to counter the facts. Having read my kids 'Match' magazine I now know that it is based on players WHO HAVE PLAYED 15 GAMES OR MORE. Some player. ..let's see if Costa you're all raving about compares.

Try not to forget Costa scored thirty-six goals for Athletico last season. Also remember that at the present time he's hardly fit enough to train and has a constant nagging hamstring problem.

Yes Aguero has more of the silky skills and is a wonderful player but Costa is just so effective and tailor made for this league, and indeed Chelsea.

• Like 1

Hart

Silva

Aguero

A 4411.

Go ed then.......

thumbsup.gif

I could get moderately enthusiastic about this line-up. The bench would be mighty useful too.

( I think we are in for the best Prem we have ever seen.)

City need to progress in the CL so the BPL is properly represented.

Hart

Silva

Aguero

A 4411.

Go ed then.......

Silva #10, No problemo BB. Same team thoughsmile.png

............. Fabregas.....Matic

............Aguero......Silva......Hazard

........................... .Costa

Fact is though, somebody from the Prem is going to have to stick it up the @rse of Ancelotti, Guardiola, and Enrique.

Never mind Simeone, Blankety Blank, Kloppety Klopp, and whoever the geezer is who manages Ludogrets. smile.png

Cos relying on Wenger and Rodgers ain't going to work, is it.facepalm.gif

I do NOT fancy facing Messi, Neymar, and Suarez, even if they haven't got a ****ing goalie.

But they have. w00t.gif

Try not to forget Costa scored thirty-six goals for Athletico last season. Also remember that at the present time he's hardly fit enough to train and has a constant nagging hamstring problem.

Yes Aguero has more of the silky skills and is a wonderful player but Costa is just so effective and tailor made for this league, and indeed Chelsea.

Try not to forget Costa scored thirty-six goals IN 52 GAMES for Athletico last season; Aguro was 28 goals in 34 games ALMOST A GOAL A GAME. Also remember that at the present time Costa's hardly fit enough to train and has a constant nagging hamstring problem; also remember that Aguero is constantly injured or coming back from injury.

Also remember that Aguro is 4 months older and has a career record of 202 goals in 416 games which is 6 goals short of being a goal every 2 games; Costa has scored 111 goals in 285 games which is far from a 1 in 2 record. Costa has had 2 good seasons and the start of this; Aguero has a great scoring record 9 out the past 10 seasons. Aguero is world class proven, Costa has come good recently and is international class ( check out their country records...Costa barely has one).

Sorry but I think a comparison of Costa with 180 goals in 404 games Dzeko is more appropriate.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

My kids went to bed at halftime. When they came down this morning they asked the score and who was City's man of the match. I could answer the former but I'm still struggling to answer the latter..Milner? Kompany? Silva? Anybody have an opinion?

Just to show what I know about football, 2nd half 2v2 I was screaming at the tv for Pelle to take off Dzeko and Mangala for Navas and Demechellis...oh ye of little faith!

Gordon Bennett as we say in England! Ye of little faith. smile.png

Aguero and Falcao were ahead of Costa in the Atletico Madrid pecking order.

Costa has got something to prove.

( Carmine correctly posts Costa's recent history at At Madrid)

Costa will be hell bent on eclipsing Aguero and Falcao in the Prem.

It is not rocket science. Mourinho knows this.

And today, Mourinho says Costa's goals are not important.

Oh yeah.

Caipirinha with a slice of lime.

Costa. Absolute rocket fuel.

You seem quite threatened by Costa. Maybe he will be a prem great, maybe he won't, but virtually everybody is raving about him. I think you are in a minority if you wouldn't pick him in a Chelsea/City XI, but we will see.

Costa. 8 from 6 equals 50 goals in the Prem. Fair chance he might score in Europe too. Mourinho will take care of expensive hamstrings.

But on a more important note:

It looks like Mata could go to Valencia with Negredo.

So what you gonna do Frank? Cause Chelsea damage or f*** off to New York.

Up to you mate. Need to do the honourable thing. Pellegrino will use you as leverage, because he ain't quite as sweetie pie or charming as he likes to make out.

Fortunate thing is, Mourinho knows this.

smile.png

His strike rate per minute is dropping though. He can't train properly according to the Special Needs One.

Check out the Chelsea thread if you want some insight into what Mourinho is doing with Costa.

If not, just stick your head in the sand or up your @rse.

His strike rate per minute is dropping though. He can't train properly according to the Special Needs One.

Yep. You are spot on mate. We spent £32mil on a donkey who is on his way to the knackers yard.

Very doubtful if he can make next weekend against Arsenal unfortunately cos Sporting Lisbon on Tuesday could be a bit of a tester.

Edited by P45Mustang

I just want to remind you that we have the best keeper in the Premiership....you too carms....Courtois?....pfft.....Hart?.....bwahahaha!

Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that. You can even sing it like a lullaby to help you sleep to if you like.

I just want to remind you that we have the best keeper in the Premiership....you too carms....Courtois?....pfft.....Hart?.....bwahahaha!

Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that. You can even sing it like a lullaby to help you sleep to if you like.

Mid table mediocrity lends itself to deep sleep....you can toss and turn old son....nerves a jangling....I'll be soundly asleep by Xmas!

• Like 1

Mid table mediocrity lends itself to deep sleep....you can toss and turn old son....nerves a jangling....I'll be soundly asleep by Xmas!

Do me a favour and get your internet buddy chicog to do the same.

You seem quite threatened by Costa. Maybe he will be a prem great, maybe he won't, but virtually everybody is raving about him. I think you are in a minority if you wouldn't pick him in a Chelsea/City XI, but we will see.

Threatened, no. Irritated by all the hype on here, yes. Let's see his goalscoring recotd after a season or two to see if he's as good as the proven Aguero. Happy to be in a minority.

Threatened, no. Irritated by all the hype on here, yes. Let's see his goalscoring recotd after a season or two to see if he's as good as the proven Aguero. Happy to be in a minority.

Why irritated by the hype of a striker that has "proven" that he can score thirty-six goals for Athletico last season and is seemingly proving a similar if not better worth in the ell already?

Fair question i think...