Manchester City

mrbojangles

Well that could be game over.

It's a mile over and Beglin says "I think that is over the line".

A better candidate for the 2014 Stating the Bleeding Obvious award will be harder to find.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

So the change that we could all see from the 20th minute - Dzeko off for anybody including Brian Kidd - happened around the 60th minute and we were a different team, didn't get that bit of luck you need and WHU were hanging on. Dzeko off, Jovetic on and suddenly we could hold the ball, Aguero Silva Yaya had some one they could work angles with and most importantly Silva moved to no.10 his best position - why don't we play our best player in his best position ALWAYS.

For 60 minutes we deserved nothing, for the last 40 minutes we did.

We lack something this season...don't know exactly what but I watched Spurs 1 v 5 City from our first Premier season, and while the current team 3 seasons later is basically the same, that season we had Barry alongside a more mobile Yaya [barry is a better player than his replacements of Rodwell & Nando], Dejong was on the bench but he's better than replacements of Garcia & Nando, on the bench were Tevez & Mario [making Aguero Dzeko Tevez Mario a better forward selection than Aguero Dzeko Jovetic]. If anything the squad has gone backwards instead of forwards...Barry and Tevez haven't been replaced!!! Teams know us now...Pelle won't do it but he needs to try something different and at the moment I'd have silva no.10...milner in every game...jovetic on and dzeko on the bench...dinho over nando ...and take mangala out for dependable demi until we get a few easier home games/league cup games.

At the moment...and I know it's early and we've played better in the first 9 games of this season than last when we caught everybody up...but it's definitely Chelsea's to lose and at the moment they've got one ribbon on it.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

As for WHU, I thought for 60 minutes you played us better than anyone this season, so fair play to you.

Thought james collins held you together when you were creaking, and I'd be buying your young left back in January (he's more what we need, not Berkeley) to replace Clichy or Kolorov who aren't up to the standard of the rest of our team...you'd best lock-up Creswell!

well deserved win for the hammers, song had a fantastic game.

amazed no bigger team was in for him. liverpool or united for example. cracking player.

Ironic that on an afternoon when Barcelona was completely overrun in midfield, Song (after being run out of Barca), was lights out for West Ham.

• Like 1

Best manu have played that I've seen this season. Hard to see chelski losing games but hopefully they'll have a blip or some key injuries to open the door to us.

Still suffering jetlag from returning from the uk, didn't sleep a wink last night and when I finally gave up and got up 4am, CTH were showing a classic game of City 3v2 Soton (1st home of the season...took the family to it on our uk hols) from Mancini's title defence failure season. So is this current City team going to slowly come to the boil like last season (think we were 7th and 6pts behind arsenal. ..and a point less than this seaon) or will they disappoint like that Mancini's 2nd season team?

Still suffering jetlag from returning from the uk,

Just had to book a business trip back to the UK today. Going back on the 9th Nov and returning on the 19th. Frigging international break innit, so can't manage to fit a game in :angry:

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Can anyone tell me how city's EDS went on against Leicester in the u21's ? and how are the new messi Ronaldo's coming along ?.

Its easy enough to find out nev.

To give you a clue, City managed to score 2 more goals than you managed against us last year in the 3-0 defeat.

One more goal than you managed against us in the 4-1 spanking we gave you last year.

And leicester scored the same number as we did in the 6-1 spanking we gave you a couple of seasons ago

Can anyone tell me how city's EDS went on against Leicester in the u21's ? and how are the new messi Ronaldo's coming along ?.

You turning in to Blue Nev?

Sure you know the answer already before posting but I'll humour you Nev, City lost 6v2

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-reports/2014/October/Leicester-u21s-v-City-EDS-27-October

Sure you know the answer already before posting but I'll humour you Nev, City lost 6v2

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-reports/2014/October/Leicester-u21s-v-City-EDS-27-October

Noooo, could never lose by that amount, especially when they have a new training academy whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Its easy enough to find out nev.

To give you a clue, City managed to score 2 more goals than you managed against us last year in the 3-0 defeat.

One more goal than you managed against us in the 4-1 spanking we gave you last year.

And leicester scored the same number as we did in the 6-1 spanking we gave you a couple of seasons ago

Yes I was very impressed that Leicester scored 1 more than against us without the help of clattenburg that Is some achievement.

Noooo, could never lose by that amount, especially when they have a new training academy whistling.gifbiggrin.png

So we open the doors of a new academy only a few weeks ago and you think we should be churning out 10 Messi's and 15 Ronaldo's already. Flipping eck Alfie, the paint even dry on the changing room walls yet.

Before even thinking about City's academy, get back to assessing your own first team faults, as that will take up nearly all of your spare time.

Four of City’s side are still eligible for u18s football, while Leicester fielded a team including such names as Nick Powell and Tom Lawrence, who have already made their Premier League debuts, as well as Danny Simpson and Anthony Knockaert.

^ 2b fair, looks like your kids were outmatched/outmuscled by their elders.

Some clubs contact each other prior to the game to ensure an even-ish age match. Obviously Leicester (like Stoke before them!) don'twink.png

• Like 1

Still suffering jetlag from returning from the uk,

Just had to book a business trip back to the UK today. Going back on the 9th Nov and returning on the 19th. Frigging international break innit, so can't manage to fit a game in :angry:

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Fat Sam for England! :D