Manchester City

mrbojangles

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11337711/.html

Charlie Nicholas apologises for saying Fernando and Fernandinho 'look the same'

World gone mad! Ask any City fan and they'll admit to the difficulty in telling Nando and Dinho apart sometimes (not always).

I get mixed up all the time. It would help if their names weren't so similar

Is that the Frank they loaned or the one they bought? Who owns him anyway? biggrin.png

Oh no Carms. Your'e not jumping on the MrRed bandwagon are you. I held you in higher esteem than that biggrin.png

I didn't even know they were dating.....thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Yeah Bred, plenty of hard games coming up so I was hoping for more out of this one. A draw was a fair result but I hoped we could have snatched it when we went in front.

At least jinglejangles is realistic big month and without Yaya it could be telling in the games he will miss.

Still think United are in with a shout wink.png

Anyway back to me painting whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Or out with a whimper !tongue.png

Yeah Bred, plenty of hard games coming up so I was hoping for more out of this one. A draw was a fair result but I hoped we could have snatched it when we went in front.

At least jinglejangles is realistic big month and without Yaya it could be telling in the games he will miss.

Still think United are in with a shout wink.png

Anyway back to me painting whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Or out with a whimper !tongue.png

MrRed was on here a lot yesterday giving it plenty but no sighting of him yet today I notice; wondrr why? "Still think Utd are in with a shout" - with 3rd to 6th maybe, but not Champions with performances like yesterday's.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11339835/Seven-ways-Manchester-United-have-got-worse-under-Louis-van-Gaal.html

Seven ways Manchester United have got worse under Louis van Gaal

Louis van Gaal has the same number of points in his first 21 games as David Moyes - but in many other ways, his side is actually performing worse

Interesting.

Looks like Nastasic to Schalke is a done deal. Good luck to Nastasic.

Unless there were things going on we don't know about, I can only assume Pellegrini favors bigger, more physical centre-backs.

Now if some of those bigger, more physical centre-backs can start heading in a few goals from set pieces ! Maybe Harry Dean Stanton can have a look at some Atletico Madrid film.

Unless there were things going on we don't know about, I can only assume Pellegrini favors bigger, more physical centre-backs.

Now if some of those bigger, more physical centre-backs can start heading in a few goals from set pieces ! Maybe Harry Dean Stanton can have a look at some Atletico Madrid film.

Such a shame he's going. I really had high hopes for him and I thought before his injury he was progressing well. Like you say, there must have been something going on behind closed doors

Such a shame he's going. I really had high hopes for him and I thought before his injury he was progressing well. Like you say, there must have been something going on behind closed doors

I read that there were a couple of Premier League clubs in for him, but he said he wanted away from England. Maybe he couldnt settle in England? But I have noticed that it is a loan deal with option to buy, which means we may have to sell Jovetic and/or Dzeko in order to balance the books.

I read that there were a couple of Premier League clubs in for him, but he said he wanted away from England. Maybe he couldnt settle in England? But I have noticed that it is a loan deal with option to buy, which means we may have to sell Jovetic and/or Dzeko in order to balance the books.

Another thing that might have come into Pellegrini's decision on Nastasic was his age. He turned 21 in 2014 so could be counted as an under 21 player in the Champs League. However, for the knockout stages we have to submit another squad and this time he doesn't count as an under 21, so he's just counted as a foreign player of which we have enough already (hence shipping out Negrado). Just a thought.

Another thing that might have come into Pellegrini's decision on Nastasic was his age. He turned 21 in 2014 so could be counted as an under 21 player in the Champs League. However, for the knockout stages we have to submit another squad and this time he doesn't count as an under 21, so he's just counted as a foreign player of which we have enough already (hence shipping out Negrado). Just a thought.

It puzzled me for ages as to why he wasnt played. Seemed he was injured, yet could not be found on any injury list. I did a lot of research and the only consistent 'believable' information I could find was that Nastasic could not adapt to the high line that Pellegrini likes to play. Coupled with what has just come out now, about him wanting a move away from England, obviously he hasnt been able to settle and then his age makes him 'less' valuable to Pellegrini this time around in CL

Think it is fair to say that most if not all City fans really rate Nastasic (young Bobby Moore...super cool, not the quickest or strongest but reads the game so well), will miss him and wish him all the best. Hoped Manccini would have come in for him so Nasty could move back to Italy where his game will flourish.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/sam-wallace-manchester-citys-frank-lampard-saga-is-more-cockup-than-conspiracy-9973989.html

Sam Wallace: Manchester City's Frank Lampard saga is more cock-up than conspiracy

City were wrong to say Lampard was on loan from New York in August

Probably the most interesting article I've read on this saga to date.

I'd been wondering how long it is since we'd scored from a corner, when I came across this on MEN website: City have had 123 corners since they last scored from one. Too bloody long! About time we reintroduced the Mike Doyle near post flick for Dave Watson to finish off.

I didn't have the stats but I was thinking the same. I just can't understand why they aren't trying something a tad more inventive on the training ground.

Bill Bony has officially signed then. Is the 28M for a back up striker, off the bench option?

Aguero is an injury waiting to happen, Dzeko is injured and inconsistent when not, and Jovetic just can't feed the bulldog regular.

• Like 1

I was hoping to see him at Liverpool before he was signed by Swansea.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do with some real quality ball feeders, could be frightening

I hope you're correct sir. I've been of two minds about Bony arriving, but he doesn't look the fragile type which would be a big change.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do with some real quality ball feeders, could be frightening

I hope you're correct sir. I've been of two minds about Bony arriving, but he doesn't look the fragile type which would be a big change.

He is super strong, and besides scoring goals, I think the likes of Nasri, Silva, Navas and Toure bombing past him are going to benefit from his ability to hold up and lay off thumbsup.gif

Could be a title winning purchase

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

He is super strong, and besides scoring goals, I think the likes of Nasri, Silva, Navas and Toure bombing past him are going to benefit from his ability to hold up and lay off thumbsup.gif

Hey ! My semi-hard has turned into a full fledged Bony !biggrin.png

• Like 1

Hey ! My semi-hard has turned into a full fledged Bony !biggrin.png

laugh.png