Manchester City

mrbojangles

New York City's first Major League Soccer match ended in a draw as 62,510 fans saw Kaka snatch a late equaliser for Orlando City at Citrus Bowl.The former AC Milan playmaker scored with a deflected free-kick in the 91st minute, after Mix Diskerud put the away side ahead with their first ever goal.

Good crowd! Wait to Frank gets there (casts float)...

Rumours today that we might be raiding our feeder club again, in the summer.

I hope not. I dont like Wilshire. I dont think our fans like him. Smoking Midget.

To be fair, I don't think Wiltshire is a mercenary like the others you signed from there !

I do not get this 'mercenary' thing you quote. They are professional footballers. It's their job. Many of them are playing in a foreign land so they have no real ties to ant team in that country. They will move to another club to better their lot and why shouldn't they.

Calm down calm down, just because I called them Mercenaries doesn't mean I'm knocking the players who you signed from Arsenal,i agree, a professional footballer has too make as much money as he possibly can in a short space of time.

Footnote : Why is everyone so touchy nowadays ? facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

Rumours today that we might be raiding our feeder club again, in the summer.

I hope not. I dont like Wilshire. I dont think our fans like him. Smoking Midget.

To be fair, I don't think Wiltshire is a mercenary like the others you signed from there !

I do not get this 'mercenary' thing you quote. They are professional footballers. It's their job. Many of them are playing in a foreign land so they have no real ties to ant team in that country. They will move to another club to better their lot and why shouldn't they.

Calm down calm down, just because I called them Mercenaries doesn't mean I'm knocking the players who you signed from Arsenal,i agree, a professional footballer has too make as much money as he possibly can in a short space of time.

That's the problem with the written word, the tone or intent can be misinterpreted. Sorry, but I wasn't being touchy, just stating my opinion. No offence intended if any taken.

That's the problem with the written word, the tone or intent can be misinterpreted. Sorry, but I wasn't being touchy, just stating my opinion. No offence intended if any taken.

I also apologize, I forgot I wasn't on the Liverpool thread laugh.png

• Like 1

I also apologize, I forgot I wasn't on the Liverpool thread laugh.png

Best get back to the forest where the knights say "Ni!"tongue.png

• Like 1

Quote of the week (from the Guardian):

Van Gaal is known for his rigorous, academic study of footballing systems. On the evidence presented here he seems to be going through English football chapter by chapter, and is currently stuck in the 1950s on Stan Culliss great long-ball Wolves team.

Man City captain Vincent Kompany involved in 'dressing room bust up' - claim

Vincent Kompany was dropped by Manuel Pellegrini after a dressing room bust up with Fernandinho - according to reports.

The Manchester City captain was allegedly involved in an angry confrontation with teammate Fernandinho during half-time of the Premier League champions' 2-1 defeat to Liverpool this month.

According to the Mirror , City players feared the two men would come to blows. It is also claimed that 28-year-old Kompany remained incensed even after Pellegrini's attempts to calm the situation. Fernandinho is said to have pointed the finger at the Belgian international for his part in Jordan Henderson's 11th minute opener at Anfield.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-captain-vincent-kompany-8815406

Matija Nastasic has made his loan move to Schalke from Manchester City permanent.Schalke activated a clause in Nastasic's contract and he has signed a four-year contract with the Bundesliga's fifth-placed side.

And he played the full game for Schalke last night when they beat RM. Big mistake for Pelle not to give him a chance.

Vincent Kompany was dropped by Manuel Pellegrini after a dressing room bust up with Fernandinho - according to reports.

The Manchester City captain was allegedly involved in an angry confrontation with teammate Fernandinho during half-time of the Premier League champions' 2-1 defeat to Liverpool this month.

According to the Mirror , City players feared the two men would come to blows. It is also claimed that 28-year-old Kompany remained incensed even after Pellegrini's attempts to calm the situation. Fernandinho is said to have pointed the finger at the Belgian international for his part in Jordan Henderson's 11th minute opener at Anfield.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-captain-vincent-kompany-8815406

Ah well, too much to hope for the same lovefest that was on display in the winning season from last year. Seems Pellegrini's man management style worked wonders last season as it is apparently much in contrast to Mancini's style. OTOH I wonder how much ability he has regarding butt kicking which is necessary at times. He has shown an ability to sit important players when they needed it, Hart last season and recently Kompany. Pellegrini seems a distant and unemotional sort though. Here's hoping he has the ability to get everyone back on track.

• Like 2

Matija Nastasic has made his loan move to Schalke from Manchester City permanent.Schalke activated a clause in Nastasic's contract and he has signed a four-year contract with the Bundesliga's fifth-placed side.

And he played the full game for Schalke last night when they beat RM. Big mistake for Pelle not to give him a chance.

I've always liked Nastasic and was sorry to see him go. OTOH last night's performance by the Schalke centre-backs wouldn't be much to be proud of. Even a half ass performance would have seen them pull a monumental upset.

Ah well, too much to hope for the same lovefest that was on display in the winning season from last year. Seems Pellegrini's man management style worked wonders last season as it is apparently much in contrast to Mancini's style. OTOH I wonder how much ability he has regarding butt kicking which is necessary at times. He has shown an ability to sit important players when they needed it, Hart last season and recently Kompany. Pellegrini seems a distant and unemotional sort though. Here's hoping he has the ability to get everyone back on track.

I'm impressed that Pelle took strong action to show kompany who's the boss, by dropping him. Hopefully kompany will get his act together...he needs to as he's no longer our best defender. Seems strange when you recall that kompany couldn't get a game in the midfield he'd been bought for, and it was only through an injury crisis that he was tried as centre back and has held that position for 4 or 5 seasons now - I'm trying to recall who were our first choice centre back pairing, think it wss probably Dunney and Micah.

• Like 1

Good news. ..our best defender signs up for another. I'd continue to make him first choice and break Mangala in over the next 12 months.

Martín Demichelis signs one-year extension; commits to end of 2015-16 season

Happy about that. He's deffo got at least another year in him

Good news. ..our best defender signs up for another. I'd continue to make him first choice and break Mangala in over the next 12 months.

Anyone else notice that they extended the contract longterm of a bunch of firstchoicers, and with the exception of Silva they've all regressed this season.

Anyone else notice that they extended the contract longterm of a bunch of firstchoicers, and with the exception of Silva they've all regressed this season.

Yep. And now it's time they stepped up a gear.

Got a mate going over to Barça with his wife so he left it up to her to book the flight, well the silly hitch booked for today so he will miss the Burnley game, he is not to pleased never mind he has 5 days in Spain.

• Like 1

Got a mate going over to Barça with his wife so he left it up to her to book the flight, well the silly hitch booked for today so he will miss the Burnley game, he is not to pleased never mind he has 5 days in Spain.

I bet that was an accident nev lol....