Manchester City

mrbojangles

RedNev talking a lot of sense , though the time for City to have taken on UEFA if they'd wanted to was after the sanctions had been imposed not now after a year of accepting the sanctions. But he's right that FFP is impacting on City but aimed at club's not with our financial backing.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-urged-take-uefa-8996428

It's aimed squarely at you mate.

To stop people having to spend beyond their means to compete.

But Platini won't enforce it, a piddling fine is all you got.

(And before you say it, yes it is piddling, less than Shaikh Yerbooty's annual jewellry bill).

Exactly, FFP was brought in to protect clubs like City to stop them doing a Leeds if the owners pull out, but city sees it has trying to stop them buying the league again, everybodyeverybody has to work under the same restrictions.

Tick Tock, what happened to this? we have a youngish team and slowly developing into a decent side, you have a ageing squad with no youth coming through, who is the one in decline, maybe I should start a are city in decline thread.

Nev, sounds like you're still pissed that I started the "Are ManU in decline" thread back in 2006 te he!
Nah, we hardly won anything since you had that stroke of genius moment lol

If I recall it was Cast..Hook..Catch lol

Tick Tock, what happened to this? we have a youngish team and slowly developing into a decent side, you have a ageing squad with no youth coming through, who is the one in decline, maybe I should start a are city in decline thread.

Nev, sounds like you're still pissed that I started the "Are ManU in decline" thread back in 2006 te he!

Sounds more like someone is nervous about the weekend...

RedNev talking a lot of sense , though the time for City to have taken on UEFA if they'd wanted to was after the sanctions had been imposed not now after a year of accepting the sanctions. But he's right that FFP is impacting on City but aimed at club's not with our financial backing.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-urged-take-uefa-8996428

(And before you say it, yes it is piddling, less than Shaikh Yerbooty's annual jewellry bill).

Points highlighted in red

The two are not the same. Yes it's aimed at owners not putting clubs at risk of financial ruin should they decide to up and leave but if the owner wants to gift the club money and not put the loan against the club why shouldn't he be allowed to?

Exactly, FFP was brought in to protect clubs like City to stop them doing a Leeds if the owners pull out, but city sees it has trying to stop them buying the league again, everybodyeverybody has to work under the same restrictions.

And in several months we'll see if those restrictions are lawful.

How big is your debt again nev?

Have you got an alarm that pops up anytime someone posts the words: FFP..Arsenal. .Chicog?

Isn't your post contradictory?

1. You state its "To stop people spending beyond their means" when it's quite clear we have the means but are being stopped from spending it!

2. You state "But Platini won't enforce it", eh, he/UEFA did/does.

3. You state "It's a piddling fine thats all you got" and that's bullshit; we were fined, had our European squad cut and less than other teams, AND, if you don't comply you're out of the competition...some piddling fine that eh.

AND the worse thing is, in trying to keep in line with UEFA for European competition, you then end up doing yourself damage in the ENGLISH DOMESTIC competitions by limiting your buying of players compared to your rivals (which is Pelles point).

Apart from rhat Chicog, very good.

Read your post. Read the posts above it. See no connection with your post and posts above it.

As youre asking,mI'm always nervous derby day, even the past seasons when we've been enjoying it. You don't get nervous?

Edited by mrbojangles
Fixed quotes

Have you got an alarm that pops up anytime someone posts the words: FFP..Arsenal. .Chicog?

1. You state its "To stop people spending beyond their means" when it's quite clear we have the means but are being stopped from spending it!

3. You state "It's a piddling fine thats all you got" and that's bullshit; we were fined, had our European squad cut and less than other teams, AND, if you don't comply you're out of the competition...some piddling fine that eh.

AND the worse thing is, in trying to keep in line with UEFA for European competition, you then end up doing yourself damage in the ENGLISH DOMESTIC competitions by limiting your buying of players compared to your rivals (which is Pelles point).

So your manager making a pigs ear out of that multimillion pound silk purse means you want to squander more of the poor Abu Dhabi peoples money? Have you no soul?

Read your post. Read the posts above it. See no connection with your post and posts above it.

As youre asking,mI'm always nervous derby day, even the past seasons when we've been enjoying it. You don't get nervous?

Not as nervous. We are fighting for position only as are you. League is done and that is the only thing that matters. Losing to you guys but winning the league, I will take that every year. Should be a good match. Quite open and more opportunities than a derby when the league wasn't decided yet.

So your manager making a pigs ear out of that multimillion pound silk purse means you want to squander more of the poor Abu Dhabi peoples money? Have you no soul?

Apparently not by your criteria.

I remember asking you to educate me about the sheiks atrocities in Abu Dhabi that your so keen to refer to, still waiting.

Anyway as you didn't come back to oppose my comments on your contradictory posting, I'm taking that as your concurrence. Cheers.

FFP was not brought in to protect clubs like City to stop them doing a Leeds though I appreciate it was brought in to stop clubs with less financial stability doing a Leeds. For clubs like City and others who do not have less financial stability it works against us and stops us proceeding in our business the way we want to (hence the court case).

City have no more bought the league than any other team. All the championship winning teams certainly of the Premier League era buy the league to the extent that they are wealthier than the other teams ( they can buy better, pay more). The only difference is City had to spend greatly over a shorter period to catch up the other teams who were established challengers. I bet almost every year of the Premier era, the team (s) that spent/paid the most were champions or challengers, and you as a Manu fan, and being the wealthiest club since the 50s should know that more than most.

FFP was not brought in to protect clubs like City to stop them doing a Leeds though I appreciate it was brought in to stop clubs with less financial stability doing a Leeds. For clubs like City and others who do not have less financial stability it works against us and stops us proceeding in our business the way we want to (hence the court case).

City have no more bought the league than any other team. All the championship winning teams certainly of the Premier League era buy the league to the extent that they are wealthier than the other teams ( they can buy better, pay more). The only difference is City had to spend greatly over a shorter period to catch up the other teams who were established challengers. I bet almost every year of the Premier era, the team (s) that spent/paid the most were champions or challengers, and you as a Manu fan, and being the wealthiest club since the 50s should know that more than most.

City out spent United in fergies first 10 years in charge, that was the reason city got in so much shit, ut like you are saying you have never had money to spend, you did but you did not spend wisely, yes we are a wealthy club and the best supported, hence the money to spend, for you to come out saying you have not bought the league no more than any other club is laughable and dilusional,ask supporters of clubs like spurs Liverpool etc what they think about city buying one of the champions league spots at there expense, they need champions league football to get the income to challenge for the league which has been Denide them.

Clattenburg is the ref for the match on sunday.

Interestingly, he has only sent off 3 players this season. 2 from United and 1 from0 City!!

Hopefully this game is won by the best team on the day and not by a dodgy decision.

• Like 1

I remember asking you to educate me about the sheiks atrocities in Abu Dhabi that your so keen to refer to, still waiting.

Anyway as you didn't come back to oppose my comments on your contradictory posting, I'm taking that as your concurrence. Cheers.

You can do whatever helps you feel good about yourself. I already posted the vid of Sheiks brother torturing and running over an employee, if MrBo is ok with it I'll post it again.

;)

You can do whatever helps you feel good about yourself. I already posted the vid of Sheiks brother torturing and running over an employee, if MrBo is ok with it I'll post it again.

;)

Since when was "sheiks brother torturing and running over an employee" equivalent to "squander more of the poor Abu Dhabi peoples money"?

City out spent United in fergies first 10 years in charge, that was the reason city got in so much shit, ut like you are saying you have never had money to spend, you did but you did not spend wisely, yes we are a wealthy club and the best supported, hence the money to spend, for you to come out saying you have not bought the league no more than any other club is laughable and dilusional,ask supporters of clubs like spurs Liverpool etc what they think about city buying one of the champions league spots at there expense, they need champions league football to get the income to challenge for the league which has been Denide them.

It seems popular for fans of other clubs to say we bought the championships we won - in the same way a decade earlier in the Russians early days they said that about chelsea - and only City buy the league. Bullshit. Why don't the teams mid-table, bottom table and yoyoing between the Championship (2nd tier) win the Premier, why, because they don't have the finances to win it, to buy the best, pay for the best, there's only a handful of teams that have the finances to win it, and we all know who they are, and by consistently BUYING the best players and/or managers they come out on top, so they're no different than us. This isn't the days of Forest, Derby and the likes winning the league...only teams with money can win the league, and they (including Manu) and us effectively "buy" the league by your criteria.

I never raised our past so curious that you went from present to past in your comments. I think there's many reasons why we had some recent dodgy times but I've never heard it put down to our purchasing though for sure we bought plenty of dross. Fergie joined in 1986 and I think that's when we were in the 2nd tier and then went down to the 3rd tier and came up again. I'd be interested to see the basis of your comment that we out spent Manu in Fergies first 10 years. Please provide the link to the facts behind your comments please.

Question my son asked me earlier today I put to you lot:

City fans: if you could only keep one player from the current squad, who would it be?

Non-City fans: if you take one player of our current squad to add to your squad, who would it be?

For me, Merlin without a doubt.

Today, we pay tribute to former City goalkeeper Harry Dowd. The shot-stopper, who made 181 league appearances for the Blues and lifted the FA Cup with the club in 1969, sadly passed away yesterday at the age of 76.A key member of the legendary team of the 60s, Dowd enjoyed a nine-year spell at Maine Road and is fondly remembered by all who knew him.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2015/April/Paying-tribute-to-Harry-Dowd-3013

Today, we pay tribute to former City goalkeeper Harry Dowd. The shot-stopper, who made 181 league appearances for the Blues and lifted the FA Cup with the club in 1969, sadly passed away yesterday at the age of 76.A key member of the legendary team of the 60s, Dowd enjoyed a nine-year spell at Maine Road and is fondly remembered by all who knew him.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2015/April/Paying-tribute-to-Harry-Dowd-3013

He was my old mans favourite keeper.

I remember late 60s ( I was just a nipper) we signed Ken Mulhearn and he took over from Dowd. My old man didnt stop complaining!!!laugh.png

Question my son asked me earlier today I put to you lot:

City fans: if you could only keep one player from the current squad, who would it be?

Non-City fans: if you take one player of our current squad to add to your squad, who would it be?

For me, Merlin without a doubt.

I think with the value put on English players, it would have to be Joe Hart.

Silva would be my second choice.

I am not too happy with the names being linked to City at the minute!!!!

Wilshire!!! Not good enough, step back on what we already have and cr@p relationship with City fans.

Henderson. Had one good season, doesnt improve what we already have. No no for me.

Sterling. Although he would improve us, his price is going to be at least 30 or 40% over fair value and i fear his attitude is not the best.

Pogba.... same as Sterling.

Barclay.... certainly has the potential. If the price was right, he is the one i would take the chance on.

Clattenburg is the ref for the match on sunday.

Interestingly, he has only sent off 3 players this season. 2 from United and 1 from0 City!!

Hopefully this game is won by the best team on the day and not by a dodgy decision.

My my....How things have changed since Webbo finishedbiggrin.png

Howard-Webb---Twitter-005.jpg

Oh he does both.

Facts man, facts.

The torture case?

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/11/abu-dhabi-royal-acquitted-in-torture-trial/?_r=0

As for Arab shaikhs pillaging the wealth, you don't really need proof of that do you?

why are you so boorish?

if you cannot keep things football related and you want to talk about the whiter than white football owners, then go find someone who gives a toss.

Alternatively go and read all about your owner, the criminal gangster Usmanov.

Plenty out there...... heres one...http://www.justarsenal.com/arsenal-debate-the-facts-about-alisher-usmanov-may-make-you-change-your-mind/14639

You're freakishly obsessed lad, great wind up though...they always take the bait. Mind you their defence could be borne of a deep seeded guilt I tread carefully with my comments, don't fancy 1,000 lashes. I was detained and carted off for a bit after honking my horn at a <deleted>' barrier the other day.