Manchester City

mrbojangles

This is the team I want to see Pelle put out tomorrow:-

Hart, Sagna, Mangala, Otamendi (think Kompany is out), Kolarov, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Silva, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero.

What do you reckon Jack, BB and Jelly?

That looks like our best eleven MrB. No question.

I'll be pleased when Zabaleta makes it back. Sagna has been very good but always nice to see Zabs at the ready.

Hart, Sagna, Mangala, Otamendi (think Kompany is out), Kolarov, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Silva, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero.

I'll be pleased when Zabaleta makes it back. Sagna has been very good but always nice to see Zabs at the ready.

I would say that is our best 11.

I actually think Sagna is playing better now than Zaba last season (though not the previous seasons when Zaba was awesome), deserves to keep his place until he loses form/injury, and is one of the reasons we're defending better (ie. Sagna doesn't go so far forward, and he's barely put a foot wrong defending).

I think we'll see Mr bj's team tomorrow or something very close to it.

Be interesting to see whether the defeat affects us tomorrow, or the extra game WHU haven't had midweek, but hopefully not.

With Chelsea playing Arse tomorrow, a win tomorrow will give us some more distance on one or both teams (hoping for a draw). Let's hope we make it count.

"It was the 10th occasion Kompany has injured a calf in three years, the first time being in March 2012."...hmmm!

Apparently Nasri isn't fit, Aguero is, so I think its down to:

Will he start Otamendi or Demi...got to be Otamendi hasn't it.

Will he start KdB or Navas...got to be KdB hasn't it.

Will he start Aguero or Bony...got to be Aguero hasn't it.

The other usual starters should be obvious picks.

Come on Pelle, go for it.

"David Silva has won the Etihad Player of the Month award for August. The Blues' midfield play-maker beat off strong competition from Vincent Kompany and Fernandinho for the first award of the season after a series of stellar performances during the first few weeks of the campaign which included one goal and three assists.

Silva, an almost constant name on the Etihad short-list, was also nominated for the Barclays Premier League Player of the Month award along with team-mate Aleksandar Kolarov, but was pipped by Swansea City striker Andre Ayew."

Silva started the season the better but Fernandinho has been the better player the last 3 games.

I actually think Sagna is playing better now than Zaba last season (though not the previous seasons when Zaba was awesome), deserves to keep his place until he loses form/injury, and is one of the reasons we're defending better (ie. Sagna doesn't go so far forward, and he's barely put a foot wrong defending).

Be interesting to see whether the defeat affects us tomorrow, or the extra game WHU haven't had midweek, but hopefully not.

With Chelsea playing Arse tomorrow, a win tomorrow will give us some more distance on one or both teams (hoping for a draw). Let's hope we make it count.

Yeah, Sagna has been an eye opener for sure. I do like those rampaging forays Zabs makes down the right side and the cutbacks though.

Ive been struggling for a year to know how to pronounce the unpronounceable Kelechi Iheanacho. The wife watching the Palace game with me instantly named him Nacho...why didn't I think of that. So we now have Dinho, Nando and Nacho!

That's what we've all been calling him here cos non of us could pronounce it.

"It was the 10th occasion Kompany has injured a calf in three years, the first time being in March 2012."...hmmm!

Apparently Nasri isn't fit, Aguero is, so I think its down to:

Will he start Otamendi or Demi...got to be Otamendi hasn't it.

Will he start KdB or Navas...got to be KdB hasn't it.

Will he start Aguero or Bony...got to be Aguero hasn't it.

The other usual starters should be obvious picks.

Come on Pelle, go for it.

I would think that West Ham will play a tad defensive, so yeah perfect game for Otamendi to cut his teeth and get to know his team mates.

As I reckon there won't be much need for counter attacks, we don't need the speed of Navas but we do need the clever play and better ball from KDB

Just read that Aguero is 100% fit, so it's a no brainer. After his performance the other night, I'd save Bony for the Egg and Spoon races only.

Yeah, Sagna has been an eye opener for sure. I do like those rampaging forays Zabs makes down the right side and the cutbacks though.

Think all of us have been surprised by the Sagna turn around, even the Arsenal fans have stopped taking the pish. I reckon it's to do with him cutting his hair off.

• Like 1

Well we got our wish lads. Spot on selection.

post-19542-0-69544500-1442677132_thumb.j

Manchester City's starting 11 today cost £309M. Full debuts for the £86M pair of De Bruyne & Otamendi.

(Mrbj's) CITY XI: Hart, Sagna, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov, Toure, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Silva, Aguero

CITY SUBS: Caballero, Maffeo, Demichelis, Fernando, Navas, Bony, Iheanacho

If I still had a vcr, I might have thought it was playing the City v Juventus game. We look nervy, players gone missing, etc, whereas WHU have a great game plan, defending compact and solid, scary on the break and deserve everything they've got. Even though we've just pulled it back to 1v2 I'm struggling to believe that WHU will not win this today - doesn't look our day. Also look at our Sub forwards: two teenagers who've played minutes for us. Be happy if we get a draw out of this, please. VERY POOR CITY.

UNBELIEVABLE 2nd half. How did we not get a goal or goals there. Unbelievable.

1st half very poor, WHU very good. 2nd half unbelievable.

Fair play to WHU and particularly to their goalie who looked unbeatable.

Not quite sure how that game changed so much after halftime. We looked so much better with Demechellis on, Otamendi suddenly looked more confident, Yaya moved further forward. Enjoyed that 2nd half, that's how we played in the opening games.

Aguero ...very poor...What's gone wrong. Navas!!!@##@@ KdB looks the real deal...dare I say it, shades of King Colin. Sterling (for his knockers) was frustratingly good and bad. Yaya and Dinho looked good.

The f*cking Alamo that was. One of those days.

I don't usually comment on other teams except ManU, but I watched the Chelsea v Arse game, just seen the Wenger and Mourinho interviews, and I feel very upset for Arsenal and Wenger for the way cheating Costa stage managed the sending off. Costa needs to be penalised by the FA next week..Mourinhos comments. ..absolutely rubbish.

Rant over.

• Like 2

I don't usually comment on other teams except ManU, but I watched the Chelsea v Arse game, just seen the Wenger and Mourinho interviews, and I feel very upset for Arsenal and Wenger for the way cheating Costa stage managed the sending off. Costa needs to be penalised by the FA next week..Mourinhos comments. ..absolutely rubbish.

Rant over.

arsenal got done today, and i agree but it was still of their own making. you know costa's an <deleted>, don't bite. haven't seen mourinho's comments but nothing would surprise me. he's the worst man in football outside of fifa.

• Like 1

For Chicoq,

This City team is the most expensive ever assembled in English football, culminating in a spend for the sheik of 1bn quid over the past 7 years.

Thats a lot of dough on a footie team.......

To be fair, i'm a bit surprised that they are still paying big money for players as i thought the plan was that they were going to start bringing them into the first team from the academy whistling.gif