Manchester City

mrbojangles

Do Manchester City already have a new Paul Pogba in Olivier Ntcham?

The 19-year-old midfielder went toe-to-toe with Pogba in Genoas defeat to Juventus, and has enjoyed an impressive start to his first season on loan in Italy...

Read more:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/sep/23/manchester-city-olivier-ntcham-loan-genoa-serie-a

Saw that. Looks like one heck of a prospect.
Sounds like a local Moss Side lad with a name like that. ;)

...aye, but can you pronouce it.

Saw him a few times for the u21s in the European competition; looked a powerful lad out wide on the right is my main memory, but no way could I see him months later stepping up from kids football to Serie A...impressive.

"Sept 23rd was not only the anniversary of City beating United 5-1 in 1989 but it was the day Sheikh Mansour's take-over was formalised in 2008. What a great seven years it has been. Manchester indeed thanks you, Sheikh Mansour." Too bloody right!

I will always remember followinf the takeover and the club's expressed intention to make specific changes and actions to quickly catchup and become a top club in England and Europe, how the media panned that as being impossible for little old City to do so. Boy do I wish I'd kept those articles.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

One of Manchester United or Manchester City will be forced to play two games in three days at the end of October -- one being their Premier League derby -- after both were drawn at home in the Capital One Cup fourth round.

United and City never play at home on the same night because of policing issues, but one of them is set for a intense run of fixtures soon after next month's international break.Therefore, one will have to face a second fixture little more than 48 hours after their top-of-the-table clash, potentially forcing Louis van Gaal or Manuel Pellegrini to select a weakened team in the Capital One Cup.

United will meet Championship promotion contenders Middlesbrough while City take on Premier League rivals Crystal Palace.One match will be played on Tuesday, Oct. 27 -- two days after the derby -- and the other on Wednesday, Oct. 28.

United and City meet at Old Trafford on Oct. 25 while both are in Premier League action six days later, when City host Norwich and United visit Crystal Palace.

Neither match can be shifted back to the Sunday because both have Champions League games on Nov. 3.

Who's your money on to suffer? You know it.

"Bacary Sagna: This is the real reason why I quit Arsenal for Manchester City

BACARY SAGNA has revealed he left Arsenal for Manchester City because he needed a change" and apparently it had nothing to do with Chicog's annoying banter ;-)

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/607615/Bacary-Sagna-Arsenal-Manchester-City-quit-Transfer-News-Gossip

One of Manchester United or Manchester City will be forced to play two games in three days at the end of October -- one being their Premier League derby -- after both were drawn at home in the Capital One Cup fourth round.

United and City never play at home on the same night because of policing issues, but one of them is set for a intense run of fixtures soon after next month's international break.Therefore, one will have to face a second fixture little more than 48 hours after their top-of-the-table clash, potentially forcing Louis van Gaal or Manuel Pellegrini to select a weakened team in the Capital One Cup.

United will meet Championship promotion contenders Middlesbrough while City take on Premier League rivals Crystal Palace.One match will be played on Tuesday, Oct. 27 -- two days after the derby -- and the other on Wednesday, Oct. 28.

United and City meet at Old Trafford on Oct. 25 while both are in Premier League action six days later, when City host Norwich and United visit Crystal Palace.

Neither match can be shifted back to the Sunday because both have Champions League games on Nov. 3.

Looks like they are going to go ahead and play on the same night BB. Very rare decision. http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-city-united-set-play-10133268

Manchester City and United set to play at home on the same night for the first time in six years

Manchester will see Man Utd and Man City playing at home on October 28 - just days after the derby

Manchester is bracing itself for the rare occasion of both City and United playing at home on the same day - just days after the derby.

City will face Crystal Palace at Etihad whilst United take on Middlesbrough at Old Trafford in the Capital One Cup on Wednesday, October 28.

The situation has arisen after both clubs were drawn at home in the next round of the competition.

Convention dictates that the two Premier League giants do not play at home together so as to not overstretch police resources.

However, the fourth round ties are to be played in the week beginning October 26.

And United and City meet in the first Manchester derby of the season, at Old Trafford, on Sunday, October 25 which was moved for TV coverage.

One of the sides faced playing twice in 48 hours if their Capital Cup game was re-scheduled for the Tuesday.

But the police and safety authorities have now given the green light for them to play simultaneously.

City will kick-off at 7.45pm against Palace with United’s clash with Middlesbrough starting at 8pm.

Looks like they are going to go ahead and play on the same night BB. Very rare decision. http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-city-united-set-play-10133268

Manchester City and United set to play at home on the same night for the first time in six years

Manchester will see Man Utd and Man City playing at home on October 28 - just days after the derby

Manchester is bracing itself for the rare occasion of both City and United playing at home on the same day - just days after the derby.

City will face Crystal Palace at Etihad whilst United take on Middlesbrough at Old Trafford in the Capital One Cup on Wednesday, October 28.

The situation has arisen after both clubs were drawn at home in the next round of the competition.

Convention dictates that the two Premier League giants do not play at home together so as to not overstretch police resources.

However, the fourth round ties are to be played in the week beginning October 26.

And United and City meet in the first Manchester derby of the season, at Old Trafford, on Sunday, October 25 which was moved for TV coverage.

One of the sides faced playing twice in 48 hours if their Capital Cup game was re-scheduled for the Tuesday.

But the police and safety authorities have now given the green light for them to play simultaneously.

City will kick-off at 7.45pm against Palace with United’s clash with Middlesbrough starting at 8pm.

The 22:07 and 22:28 trains from Piccadilly should be fun. Man U and Palace fans home for breakfastbiggrin.png

City will kick-off at 7.45pm against Palace with Uniteds clash with Middlesbrough starting at 8pm.

The 22:07 and 22:28 trains from Piccadilly should be fun. Man U and Palace fans home for breakfastbiggrin.png

That was my first thought; Piccadilly is going to get nasty. Boro fans going home to boro, ManU and Palace fans going home to cockykneeland, and City fans going home to Stockport.

Mind you City's game starts 15 minutes earlier and the Etihad is way closer than Old Trampford so the bobbys should be able to police it ok.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Mmm, are you dropping Mangala BB and not giving Zabba a start.

We have Borussia Munchun on Wednesday, so I'm torn who to start today and who to keep for wednesday

Read Pelle saying Mangala is out with groin-knack until after next month's international break.

I'm not a fan of Pelles rotation; I think Maureens stick with the same players until they play bad ir get injured approach is better. So I'd keep Sagna in and bring Zaba back whenever Sagnas performance drops.

I also think the Premier is more important for us than Europe, particularly with ManU challenging (watched ManU play quite a few times this and last season, they're never convincing or play particularly well but they keep getting results. ..isn't that what they say is how Champions play).

This would be my team today

Hart,

Sagna, Kompany, Otamendi, Kolarov;

Yaya, Fernando, Fernandinho,

De Bruyne, Aguero, Sterling

A bit more solid in midfield when away with Nando.

What's yours?

I think he will pretty much play that team except he will play Navas instead of Fernando

I was going to say this is a good opportunity for the Sheikh to throw around some more funny money, but then I remembered the UK would not be a good hiding place.

He'll have to go and live with Sean Connery in the Bahamas.

http://news.sky.com/story/1559269/neymar-has-31m-assets-frozen-in-tax-probe

Pray tell what on earth Neymar and/or Barcelona have to do with City. There isn't a single mention of us in that article, we've never even been linked for going for him and so it's about as off topic as I've even seen you go. And no, just because you put that starter at the front of your post doesn't bring it on topic. blink.png

No Hart today!!!blink.png

Personally dont get that one.

I understand Kompany not playing, saving him for midweek and not rushing him back.

Maybe going to play Toure a bit further forward with him playing both Brazilian Def Mids.

Still fancy us getting a hatful though.thumbsup.gif

I'm sure Poch will have studied your recent defeat very carefully. ;)

No Hart today!!!blink.png

Personally dont get that one.

I understand Kompany not playing, saving him for midweek and not rushing him back.

Maybe going to play Toure a bit further forward with him playing both Brazilian Def Mids.

Still fancy us getting a hatful though.thumbsup.gif

I'm sure Poch will have studied your recent defeat very carefully. wink.png

Which defeat?

The one against West Ham? I hope so, because it wont learn anything from it!! Even though West Ham played well, it was a freak result.

If you mean Juventus.......then compare Evra/ Lichsteiner/Chellini/Bonucci with Walker/Davies/Verthongen/Aldereireld......... dont think you can make a silk purse out of a pigs ear smokestongue.png