Manchester City

mrbojangles

Very impressed with Borussia fans. Loads of them, very loud and boisterous. Well done Borussia.

Mr. Bj make sure you see the rerun...excellent game for fan and the neutrals...both teams deserve credit for that game

Replay scheduled for 10AM here in BKK.

Mr. Bj make sure you see the rerun...excellent game for fan and the neutrals...both teams deserve credit for that game

Will try BB. Got a 4 hour drive to do through the desert this morning and then fly to Thailand tomorrow, so hope I can catch it.

I watched the updates on BBC till half time but it was doing my head in,

Points to note

1) Sterling cannot play up top on his own.

2) Clichy cannot play right back

3) De Bruyne needs a rest

4) We are absolutely vulnerable to speed from midfield

5) With the number of games coming up, it is absolutely impossible to be playing with the same 13-14 players. You will either get injuries or performances like we did V Stoke. So we have to start PLAYING SOME YOUNGSTERS!!!!!!!

The only reason we got away with it yesterday is that Borussia were not as fit a team as Spurs or Liverpool. They visibly tired in the last 25 minutes, albeit coupled with City playing far better football.

Points to note

5) With the number of games coming up, it is absolutely impossible to be playing with the same 13-14 players. You will either get injuries or performances like we did V Stoke. So we have to start PLAYING SOME YOUNGSTERS!!!!!!!

The only reason we got away with it yesterday is that Borussia were not as fit a team as Spurs or Liverpool. They visibly tired in the last 25 minutes, albeit coupled with City playing far better football.

Would agree with all that J&D save for #1. Its certainly not an ideal situation playing Sterling as a false 9 but he was lively the entire match, scored two goals and set up Silva's goal with a nice through ball. As long as Aguero is out I wouldn't be offended if Pellegrini used that same attack. Definitely better than having Bony up front though in his short spell last night he looked slightly less out of it. Probably too early in his career to tell where Sterling will eventually flourish but trying him in different positions/spaces seems not a bad idea.

Points to note

Would agree with all that J&D save for #1. Its certainly not an ideal situation playing Sterling as a false 9 but he was lively the entire match, scored two goals and set up Silva's goal with a nice through ball. As long as Aguero is out I wouldn't be offended if Pellegrini used that same attack. Definitely better than having Bony up front though in his short spell last night he looked slightly less out of it. Probably too early in his career to tell where Sterling will eventually flourish but trying him in different positions/spaces seems not a bad idea.

He scored his 2 goals once Bony had come on. He cannot play upfront alone.

The goal he set up was a typical City goal..... movement, pace and intricate passing, which Sterling accomplishes as a wide playing midfielder.

I agree that Bony isnt the answer. I would play Iheanacho, but of course he is ineligible for CL.

Pelle says Nacho cannot play up front alone, yet believes Sterling can??? I think its the other way around

• Like 1

^I would also disagree that Sterling can't play up top on his own. He was extremely lively and I thought he did well. I doubt he could play up top against every team but last night his pace and movement were causing Borussia plenty of problems. Just like the Sevilla away game, both Sterling and Yaya excelled last night in European football.

I don't fully agree on the youngsters. I didn't think last night was a game to start a youngster, too much at stake. Youngsters should be introduced when there's less at stake, end of season, league cup but the pressure on Pellegrini is huge in all 4 cpmpetitions so I can see why he's loath to put a youngster in there. Their time will come if they're good enough.

• Like 1

Points to note

Needs a rest laugh.png he's only started 14 out of a possible 21 in the Premier and CL, less games than other mid players, Sterling, Fernandinho and Toure.

If he needs a rest now whats he going to be like towards the end of the season facepalm.gif

Edited by alfieconn

^I would also disagree that Sterling can't play up top on his own. He was extremely lively and I thought he did well. I doubt he could play up top against every team but last night his pace and movement were causing Borussia plenty of problems. Just like the Sevilla away game, both Sterling and Yaya excelled last night in European football.

I don't fully agree on the youngsters. I didn't think last night was a game to start a youngster, too much at stake. Youngsters should be introduced when there's less at stake, end of season, league cup but the pressure on Pellegrini is huge in all 4 cpmpetitions so I can see why he's loath to put a youngster in there. Their time will come if they're good enough.

Iv'e tried to tell Jack that but i'm not sure he was listening smile.png

Well we will agree to disagree.

If you feel that playing an injured Demichelis or playing Clichy at Right Back, in front of any of our youngsters, then that is a sad state of affairs as to the ability of our youngsters.

Playing away to Stoke or at home to BM (where we have already qualified, in front of a way below capacity crowd) does not construe to me pressure.

By the time it comes to using the youngsters??? End of the season???? What are we going to be 20 points clear by then or completely out of the running?? No way...... the pressure is going to be a lot higher towards the end of the season. Thats when we need our superstars charged up and injury fee.

The League Cup?? We are already at the Semi Final !! Pressure at a premium. One game away from Wembley, 2 games away from a cup!!

From what I read and from the City fans who I speak to in UK, some of these kids are ready NOW.

I reiterate, you cannot play all these games with 13 or 14 players.

BB and JD.............. Dont be coming on here complaining when we suddenly start getting more injuries. It will be due primarily with overplaying players. I believe this is a huge faux pas by Pellegrini

• Like 1

Points to note

Needs a rest laugh.png he's only started 14 out of a possible 21 in the Premier and CL, less games than other mid players, Sterling, Fernandinho and Toure.

If he needs a rest now whats he going to be like towards the end of the season

I dont know why I bother Alfie, but I have time on my hands right now, so I dont mind investing some of my time putting the forum thikko right.thumbsup.gif

As usual your post is nonsensical. My point was that KDB needed a rest. You talk about games started?? Lets look at Minutes Played since September...... which takes in ALL games. After all that would address my point, correct? All figs are from August 2015. KDB minutes are from September 2015

KDB total 1995 minutes

Fernandhino 1875 minutes

Sterling 1828 minutes

Toure 1596 minutes.

Incidentally that 1995 minutes is more than any other Spurs midfielder has played during the same time period.

If I counted De Bruynes minutes from August ( when EPL started and he was playing for Wolfsburg) then the differential would be even bigger.

So no doubt you will come back with some juvenile retort, Alfie. If so, then at least do a bit of research so that your answer is only half idiotic.clap2.gif

• Like 1

Points to note

If he needs a rest now whats he going to be like towards the end of the season

I dont know why I bother Alfie, but I have time on my hands right now, so I dont mind investing some of my time putting the forum thikko right.thumbsup.gif

As usual your post is nonsensical. My point was that KDB needed a rest. You talk about games started?? Lets look at Minutes Played since September...... which takes in ALL games. After all that would address my point, correct? All figs are from August 2015. KDB minutes are from September 2015

KDB total 1995 minutes

Fernandhino 1875 minutes

Sterling 1828 minutes

Toure 1596 minutes.

Incidentally that 1995 minutes is more than any other Spurs midfielder has played during the same time period.

If I counted De Bruynes minutes from August ( when EPL started and he was playing for Wolfsburg) then the differential would be even bigger.

So no doubt you will come back with some juvenile retort, Alfie. If so, then at least do a bit of research so that your answer is only half idiotic.clap2.gif

Make you right there mystic, fair play to ya, i forgot about the Euro games and didn't bother including the League cup games sad.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

That 1995 over a 16 week gives 125 ish mins a week average .With all the sports science and aid around for players today I'm thinking should'nt players be able to handle that?.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

^we will agree to disagree on the youngsters. I saw bits of them in the live EDS European games shown in Thailand, I read other City forums, I read City websites/blogs, I speak with my brothers who go home and away and watch the kids, and the only name I have heard being ready is Nacho and he's now been phased in to the squad/team. I take your point that we are over-using the same players and we're playing players out of position, but I'm sure if any of the youngsters were already fully ready they'd be used, but until the management reckon a kid is ready I'm ok with how we're handling the injury problems. I'm sure Pellegrini isn't the one person making the decisions on is a kid ready or not but several people. In the past 6 months the only name being shouted get him in is Nacho, though I reckon Angelino is close to it but he's 3rd choice left back and has only recently returned from NYC.

^we will agree to disagree on the youngsters. I saw bits of them in the live EDS European games shown in Thailand, I read other City forums, I read City websites/blogs, I speak with my brothers who go home and away and watch the kids, and the only name I have heard being ready is Nacho and he's now been phased in to the squad/team. I take your point that we are over-using the same players and we're playing players out of position, but I'm sure if any of the youngsters were already fully ready they'd be used, but until the management reckon a kid is ready I'm ok with how we're handling the injury problems. I'm sure Pellegrini isn't the one person making the decisions on is a kid ready or not but several people. In the past 6 months the only name being shouted get him in is Nacho, though I reckon Angelino is close to it but he's 3rd choice left back and has only recently returned from NYC.

My question then is this....

If these kids are not ready, then why are they named in the squad in the first place?

If they are NOT ready, then we should have brought in a couple of makeshift mediocre players before the season started, as cover.

I just think that Pelle hasnt got the balls to make a big decision of bringing a kid in for a full game.

Sorry but my gripe is playing an injured Demichelis and an out of position Clichy is barmy.

Why. Because the squad restrictions allow City as stated below with an unlimited number of under-21 players.

We currently have lots of injuries to our selected squad players, we therefore had to put these u21s on the bench to fill the bench. If say 3 of City's back 4 were injured last night, then Pellegrini would most likely had to bring on Sagna, the kid right back and kid centre back - doesn't mean they're ready, more emergency fill in.

You can not just bring in mediocre makeshift players in to the squad as squad places have restrictions and there's a numerical limit...reason why Jovetic was out last season and Nacho this season.

"The current UEFA rules state that the 25 man squad submitted by each club playing in the UEFA Champions League must have at least 8 locally trained players named in it.UEFA's complex formula for squad composition means City can submit 17 foreign stars, four 'home-grown' - Joe Hart, Raheem Sterling, Gael Clichy and Fabian Delph and an unlimited number of under-21 players."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-starlet-kelechi-iheanacho-6369602

Why. Because the squad restrictions allow City as stated below with an unlimited number of under-21 players.

We currently have lots of injuries to our selected squad players, we therefore had to put these u21s on the bench to fill the bench. If say 3 of City's back 4 were injured last night, then Pellegrini would most likely had to bring on Sagna, the kid right back and kid centre back - doesn't mean they're ready, more emergency fill in.

You can not just bring in mediocre makeshift players in to the squad as squad places have restrictions and there's a numerical limit...reason why Jovetic was out last season and Nacho this season.

"The current UEFA rules state that the 25 man squad submitted by each club playing in the UEFA Champions League must have at least 8 locally trained players named in it.UEFA's complex formula for squad composition means City can submit 17 foreign stars, four 'home-grown' - Joe Hart, Raheem Sterling, Gael Clichy and Fabian Delph and an unlimited number of under-21 players."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-starlet-kelechi-iheanacho-6369602

'unlimited' using no more than 25 in total though? meaning ATM there's a short fall of 4? or can that mean you just use as many as you want?