Manchester City

mrbojangles

BB, if you think you lost that game because of a poor penalty decision you are in a state of delusion. We went into that game confident, well organized and fitter, held possession better passed more and never looked like the underdogs. we largely controlled the midfield, Silva contributing little, neither Toure, bar some dreadful fouls deserving of yellow cards and our second, whilst clinical was aided by sloppy, naive defending. It was always up to City to make the running as you needed the three points more than us and you simply didn't.

Oh

I'll let the neutrals make of it what they will.

Mate,they are handed a free stadium and billions to spend and they cry over the ref getting a decision wrong, awwwww didums we really feal for them.

No we didn't. Get your facts right nev and stop listening to myths.

As for the ref decision. Well, you have just admitted it was a wrong one, so I think we are entitled to talk about it, in the same way we have talked about poor performances from some of our players..

Oh I forgot to mention you pay rent so its not free just subsidised by Manchester residents.

How much do you pay a year?.

In October 2010, Manchester City renegotiated the stadium lease, obtaining the naming rights to the stadium in return for agreeing to now pay the City Council an annual fixed sum of £3 million where previously it had only paid half of the ticket sales revenue from match attendances exceeding 35,000. This new agreement occurred as part of a standard 5-year review of the original lease and it amounts to an approximate £1 million annual increase in council revenues from the stadium. We have a 250-year lease with the city council.

The council paid 35M as its share of the construction cost and 22M as its share of the conversion, 57M total. It received Maine Road and I think Platt Lane, it receives 3M per year, City have spent a ton of money in the area, what was once contamaninated waste land in the pretty dead suburb of Bradford (my families suburb...our house/street would be right under the end of the Etihad yet to become 3 tiered). The benifit to the Council, to the local residents and to the city of Manchester is immense. Have you visited the area in recent times, what was once a crap run down area has been totally rejuvenated?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportcity

]

Don't make up what YOU THINK someone said.

It's Chiccy BB. That's his job. biggrin.png

Oh and don't forgive him. He sees it as a sign of weakness tongue.png

In fairness to Chicog he livens up the forum and I enjoy his comments. I used to think he was the forum troll but now that mantle has passed to others.

]

Can't blame the ref or lack of video replays.

A video replay would not have awarded the penalty and a video replay would have shown Aguero to be on-side which was wrongly given off-side. The resulting free kick led to Spurs second goal. Ironic really, as Spurs where given 2 clear off-side goals by Clattenburg in the game at WHL.

Now that you've hopefully calmed down bj lets have a serious discussion about this :

a. Even if Arguero was onside he wasn't in a goalscoring position.

b. The resulting free kick did not lead to a Spurs goal, in fact after the free kick was taken Toure ran away with the ball only to be tackled by Dembele who in turn laid it into Lamela.

I have now watched it on 4 different TV Broadcast's.

Cth and Astro with the same commentary whereby the commentator and co-commentator said, "extremely tight" "margins as fine as that"

BBC no mention of the incident

Sky, Nial Quinn ( ex goon, ex man city) said it was level.

Of the post match discussions not once was the incident mentioned on any of the above, now i deem from that that either the decison was correct or if it was incorrect then the broadcaster deemed it in irrelevant.

So for you and Bein to conclude that it was definitely offside ( Bein being an Arab broadcaster) i am going to have to accuse both of you being bias.

The reason i asked about the camera being in line is because the way i see it on calls as close as this it is impossible to call unless you / Camera are directly in line with the players,, which in this case they were not.

Did you find any pics of the incident by the way ?

Some pics that show Aguero offside, bj's tv screen must be a bit wonky biggrin.png

post-62764-0-49559200-1455624000_thumb.p

post-62764-0-16942100-1455624018_thumb.p

Also, who do you think paid for last years expansion and the ongoing expansion. Who do you think paid for the 80 acre academy as well as rejuvenating a run down area of Manchester and putting jobs back into the community?

Some rich Arab.

Yep and not the local council or residents. Keep up Chiccy

I shouldn't paraphrase.

I meant "Some rich Arab with money that he's stolen from the Emirati people".

&So you're saying that I once posted that Silva is the "Best player in premiership history". Don't believe I've ever made that statement verbally to anyone or in writing anywhere. Making it up again aren't you! Show me where I posted that statement on Silva otherwise we'll all take it as Chicog bullshiting again!

Of course I'm paraphrasing for convenience, but you opened a thread that essentially said "David Silva is the best player in the Premiership and I'll disagree with anyone who posts otherwise".

Well now he's shit.

Just to remind you:

Why didn't you just entitle this arbitrary thread "David Silva is probably the best player ever which is what you'd expect from someone who earns 160 grand a week and cost 38 million euros".

No, you were not paraphrasing for convenience, you were BULLSHITTING FOR EFFECT but you're not big enough to admit it.

FACT - I NEVER once posted that Silva is the "Best player in premiership history".

FACT - Last year I opened a topic titled "Who has been the best player in the English leagues over the past 5 seasons" in which I nominated David Silva.

FACT - Best player in the premier HISTORY and best player in the english premier league OVER THE PAST 5 SEASONS is not the same in fact they are very different.

Don't make up what YOU THINK someone said. Try admitting it when you're wrong.

You're forgiven ;-)

Well if TV ever has a "Taking umbrage and boring posters into submission" competition, I'm pretty sure I can predict the winner.

w00t.gif

• Like 1

Also, who do you think paid for last years expansion and the ongoing expansion. Who do you think paid for the 80 acre academy as well as rejuvenating a run down area of Manchester and putting jobs back into the community?

Some rich Arab.

Yep and not the local council or residents. Keep up Chiccy

I shouldn't paraphrase.

I meant "Some rich Arab with money that he's stolen from the Emirati people".

I seriously couldn't believe you didn't post that the first time, must be mellowing.

&So you're saying that I once posted that Silva is the "Best player in premiership history". Don't believe I've ever made that statement verbally to anyone or in writing anywhere. Making it up again aren't you! Show me where I posted that statement on Silva otherwise we'll all take it as Chicog bullshiting again!

Of course I'm paraphrasing for convenience, but you opened a thread that essentially said "David Silva is the best player in the Premiership and I'll disagree with anyone who posts otherwise".

Well now he's shit.

Just to remind you:

Why didn't you just entitle this arbitrary thread "David Silva is probably the best player ever which is what you'd expect from someone who earns 160 grand a week and cost 38 million euros".

No, you were not paraphrasing for convenience, you were BULLSHITTING FOR EFFECT but you're not big enough to admit it.

FACT - I NEVER once posted that Silva is the "Best player in premiership history".

FACT - Last year I opened a topic titled "Who has been the best player in the English leagues over the past 5 seasons" in which I nominated David Silva.

FACT - Best player in the premier HISTORY and best player in the english premier league OVER THE PAST 5 SEASONS is not the same in fact they are very different.

Don't make up what YOU THINK someone said. Try admitting it when you're wrong.

You're forgiven ;-)

Well if TV ever has a "Taking umbrage and boring posters into submission" competition, I'm pretty sure I can predict the winner.

w00t.gif

Oh boo hoo.

The upcoming EDS fixture against Manchester United U21's on Saturday 20 February has been moved to the Etihad Stadium. The kids Academy Stadium holds 7000 I think so must be expecting a decent crowd.

6000 seats allocated to visiting supporters thumbsup.gif

Don't know about you fellow blues but I'm quite excited about the Chelsea game. Because the FA moved the game to the day before the squad fly out for the CL, it looks like Pelle is going to give the youngsters a run out. If he does field the youngsters (and I think he should) it will give us a chance to see what the academy are producing and how they look playing against a prem team. It will also be their chance to let Pep see what they can do.

Apparently Pellegrini rested some of the u21s the other night to use them on Sunday. Agree it would be good to see them but surely the reigning champions on their own patch (think I read chelsea have lost one since hiddink...to PSG) would batter us if we're not full strength. ..the team has got to feel fragile after the last 2 games.

Unless we think we can win the Champions League - and I don't- I would have thought we'd be better trying to win the Chelsea game and progress in the FA Cup, and try get through the CL away leg as best we can.

Agree we haven't got a hope of winning the CL but I do think it's important to progress further than we have before. My personal order of importance for the next 4 games are:-

League Cup Final V Liverpool

Premier League V Liverpool

Champs League V Dynamo Kiev

FA Cup V Chelsea

BB, if you think you lost that game because of a poor penalty decision you are in a state of delusion. We went into that game confident, well organized and fitter, held possession better passed more and never looked like the underdogs. we largely controlled the midfield, Silva contributing little, neither Toure, bar some dreadful fouls deserving of yellow cards and our second, whilst clinical was aided by sloppy, naive defending. It was always up to City to make the running as you needed the three points more than us and you simply didn't.

Which number post did I say or infer that City "lost that game because of a poor penalty decision"? I don't believe I did.

In one one post I referred to us not being good enough (as we've been since September). In another I posted generally that the least you should expect when watching sport is the rules are applied correctly.

Carmine, so by your silence I take it you concur with my post. Thanks.

Which number post did I say or infer that City "lost that game because of a poor penalty decision"? I don't believe I did.

In one one post I referred to us not being good enough (as we've been since September). In another I posted generally that the least you should expect when watching sport is the rules are applied correctly.

He's probably still out celebrating mate! :lol:

It aint a war of attrition mate it may be veiwed as the last comment wins but it isnt, its the most considered view that wins and carrying on and on regardless of any particular veiw being beaten down time and time again, is frankly boring. And 'beaten down ' doanst mean just saying your wrong or a <deleted> which seems the order of the day on here it means shown to be wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

He's probably still out celebrating mate! laugh.png

Sadly, i have other things to do other than waiting on BB's posts.

TBH, all you city fans have been doing since the game is bark on about the ref and the penalty and the inference is very clearly leaning towards the penalty being a game changer rather than delaying the probable.

There lies your problem because you have far bigger issues to contend with. That team of yours doesn't play for the badge, they look for the most part like worn out, aging mercenaries who don't even have the passion to congratulate a player thats just scored to get them back level. The quality of player sat on the bench wouldn't scare a championship side and you look like being forced to hand Pepe "the untested" a blank cheque to buy another title.

Sorry BB, but a Spurs supporter is the last you should be trying and failing to score points off. Your club is in a thoroughly odious position when compared to the investment and its probably high time for City fans to button it, atleast until Pep's had a chance to blow another 300m of your oil money.

TBH, all you city fans have been doing since the game is bark on about the ref and the penalty and the inference is very clearly leaning towards the penalty being a game changer rather than delaying the probable.

Of course we complained on the day and the day after but I don't think we have complained since and only mentioned it in response to others posts. That's a normal reaction after a game isn't it, you talk about it for a day or two. As for the last bit, are you saying the penalty wasn't a game changer?

Your club is in a thoroughly odious position when compared to the investment and its probably high time for City fans to button it.

Eh? You want City fans to button it on the City thread.

As for the odious position. In the League Cup final, last 16 of the CL, still in the FA Cup (but I doubt that after sunday) and still within a slim chance of the title race, not bad for a team who has been so unlucky with injuries this year. Pelle only had 14 players to choose from on sunday. And no, I'm not moaning and complaining about injuries but it's a pretty important factor.

• Like 1

Of course we complained on the day and the day after but I don't think we have complained since and only mentioned it in response to others posts. That's a normal reaction after a game isn't it, you talk about it for a day or two. As for the last bit, are you saying the penalty wasn't a game changer?

Your club is in a thoroughly odious position when compared to the investment and its probably high time for City fans to button it.

As for the odious position. In the League Cup final, last 16 of the CL, still in the FA Cup (but I doubt that after sunday) and still within a slim chance of the title race, not bad for a team who has been so unlucky with injuries this year. Pelle only had 14 players to choose from on sunday. And no, I'm not moaning and complaining about injuries but it's a pretty important factor.

Every team barr one has injuries but your the only ones who continually bleat on about it.

TEAM TOTAL INJURIES LATEST PLAYER INJURED INJURY 1 Manchester United 12 C Borthwick-Jackson Illness 2 Newcastle United 11 A Mitrovic MCL Knee Ligament Injury 3 Liverpool 9 K Stewart Ankle/Foot Injury 4 Aston Villa 7 G Agbonlahor Illness 5 Manchester City 7 F Delph Calf/Shin Injury 6 Stoke City 7 G Johnson Knee Injury 7 West Ham United 7 J O'Brien Hamstring Injury 8 Arsenal 6 L Koscielny Hip/Thigh Injury 9 Crystal Palace 6 J Puncheon Hamstring Injury 10 Sunderland 6 J Kirchhoff Hamstring Injury 11 Everton 4 J Stones Hamstring Injury 12 Bournemouth 3 C Wilson ACL Knee Injury 13 Chelsea 3 J Terry Muscular Injury 14 Tottenham Hotspur 3 H Lloris Shoulder Injury 15 Watford 3 J Jurado Marin Calf/Shin Injury 16 West Bromwich Albion 3 G McAuley Hamstring Injury 17 Leicester City 2 J Schlupp Hamstring Injury 18 Southampton 2 J Rodriguez Ankle/Foot Injury 19 Norwich City 1 A Wisdom Knee Injury 20 Swansea City 0

Edited by alfieconn

You're missing the point. The point is that City fans are appearing to point to the penalty as the reason why you lost. it wasn't. it was a contributing factor, is all. The reason why you lost is because you were largely second best, didn't have the running or the passion. the penalty is seeming to be used as a factor to paper over the real issue.

Not so dissimilar to the WHL fixture. I might add Be Bruyne's goal was offside too.

The times when i have sympathy is when the best team on the day is robbed by a poor decision and i neither of our fixtures has that been the case.

Regards to injuries, oh for the rest of us to be able to field a side like City did last sunday with injury list. that would be a thing.

But fair enough, of course you don't button it on your thread, but how about changing the record?

Edited by carmine

The reason why you lost is because you were largely second best, didn't have the running or the passion. the penalty is seeming to be used as a factor to paper over the real issue.

I think you'll find if you take your rose tinted's off, although you had a bit more possession you didn't exactly pepper our goal

post-19542-0-33347700-1455777611_thumb.j

The reason why you lost is because you were largely second best, didn't have the running or the passion. the penalty is seeming to be used as a factor to paper over the real issue.

I think you'll find if you take your rose tinted's off, although you had a bit more possession you didn't exactly pepper our goal

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

yes i saw those too and if ever stats gave a totally inaccurate reflection of play they are it!! biggrin.png

Now, i have a question for you; do you think then that you deserved points out of that game?

Edited by carmine

yes i saw those too and if ever stats gave a totally inaccurate reflection of play they are it!! biggrin.png

Now, i have a question for you; do you think then that you deserved points out of that game?

In short...yes. Even with the goal start we gave you,biggrin.png we deserved at least a draw.

Before you got that last goal, we were going for the win and you were on the rack.

He's probably still out celebrating mate! laugh.png

Sadly, i have other things to do other than waiting on BB's posts.

There lies your problem because you have far bigger issues to contend with. That team of yours doesn't play for the badge, they look for the most part like worn out, aging mercenaries who don't even have the passion to congratulate a player thats just scored to get them back level. The quality of player sat on the bench wouldn't scare a championship side and you look like being forced to hand Pepe "the untested" a blank cheque to buy another title.

Sorry BB, but a Spurs supporter is the last you should be trying and failing to score points off. Your club is in a thoroughly odious position when compared to the investment and its probably high time for City fans to button it, atleast until Pep's had a chance to blow another 300m of your oil money.

Carmine, stop trying to muddy the waters. Back to the point. Would you like it if some one comes on the forum and says Carmine said xyz when you didn't? You mistakenly posted that I posted xyz when I didn't. I was hoping you'd be the big man here and confirm that you were mistaken.

Yes. A point.

]

Actually I thought it was our tactic to give Spurs possession and draw them out rather than we have the possession and get caught on the break (which we've been susceptible to, and ultimately happened when we'd taken one of our 2 defensive midfielders off to chase the game after the 'penalty'). Pellegrini has also been harping on recently about how we need to play a little more defensive (presumably due to only having Aguero..Nacho..Sterling. .Silva to use).

The reason we lost was simply down to a decent break-come-goal; annoyingly forsus it not so dissimilar to Mahrez goal the week before. As I stated earlier, until we went behind we were poor, once behind and playing with a one-man midfield and a 5 man frontline we looked the more likely, but unfortunately as is typical City, by trying to win it with a 415 formation we lost it, we got caught on the break from the halfway line, couple of poor challenges and Kompany got his offside slide rule calculation wrong, game over.