Manchester City

mrbojangles

Pelle's recent team choices for important games have let us down and I think if we hadn't already got our new manager lined up we would be screaming for Pelle's head. Would I have stayed if I'd have been at the match, doubt it very much.

I'd be screaming too, the amount of money you've spent.

Still, at least Bony hit the woodwork, he doesn't normally come that close.

How much was he again?

whistling.gif

Pelle's recent team choices for important games have let us down and I think if we hadn't already got our new manager lined up we would be screaming for Pelle's head. Would I have stayed if I'd have been at the match, doubt it very much.

How much was he again?

whistling.gif

Pelle's a nice guy and all that but it could be argued that the team who won the prem in his first season was actually Mancini's squad. Nearly all of Pelle's signings have basically turned out to be duffers but at least he got us Kevin De Bruyne.

As for Bony. I think we have all made our view of the useless bone idle waste of space and oxygen, quite clear on here.

• Like 1

As for Bony. I think we have all made our view of the useless bone idle waste of space and oxygen, quite clear on here.

With Memphis on one side and Januzaj the other he could turn out to be a world beater clap2.gif

It must feel awful for the team and manager doing a lap of honour to an empty stadium,very embarrasing after what the charming man has done for you.

Loyal fans my arse!

absolutely pathetic and embarrassing that. 3/4 empty stadium when your about to depart premier league-winning manager gives his speech.

How many attended Rafa Benitez's speech? How many attended Roy Hodgsons speech? How many attended Kenny Dalglish speech? How many attended Brendan Rodgers speech? Glass houses boys

I don't think it is correct mate that you try to deflect your terrible support onto any other team or occasion,i watched the interviews after the game with Pelligrini and the video tribute that the club had arranged for his farewell and to be honest the first thing i thought was not only was it his goodbye it was also your last game of the season at home! You have won a cup! the lap of honour was as we said an embarrassment to a nearly empty stadium.

Do you think it was because of that result and the fact that qualification is now out of your hands for the champions league and it is us that could finish above you......sad indictment on your loyal support if true after all ...as a Red we still need to win both our games to have a chance and i am happy for that alone just to still be involved with a shout.

I think to go to West Ham again last game ever at the Boleyn is a big ask to get a win although i would also take a point and take it to the last game as your team may well struggle away at Swansea also.

All to play for but i feel it is far more important for you to qualify with your new manager en route than us as we have been slated all season for being shiters and unbelievably we are in the FA Cup final and our destiny in the qualifying is in our own hands! smile.png

I notice Sheikh Indatass was checking on his toy yesterday.

He might be quite excited about the thought of Thursday Night football.

Friday being a day off and all, it means he can stay up and watch it, even with the four hour time difference.

w00t.gif

• Like 2

Ah yes, 28m.

And you wonder why we take the pi55?

cheesy.gif

What do you mean we "wonder"? We don't wonder anything cos we know he's a duffer and have been calling him useless for over a year.H one of Pelle's biggest wastes of funds and the most frustrating things for us is that Pelle has constantly given him a spot before choosing Iheanacho.

Pep will throw him out of the door as soon as he arrives..........hopefully.

Ah yes, 28m.

cheesy.gif

What do you mean we "wonder"? We don't wonder anything cos we know he's a duffer and have been calling him useless for over a year.H one of Pelle's biggest wastes of funds and the most frustrating things for us is that Pelle has constantly given him a spot before choosing Iheanacho.

I wouldn't panic just yet, I have a feeling Wet Sham have one more surprise left up their sleeves.

Edited by Chicog

It must feel awful for the team and manager doing a lap of honour to an empty stadium,very embarrasing after what the charming man has done for you.

Loyal fans my arse!

absolutely pathetic and embarrassing that. 3/4 empty stadium when your about to depart premier league-winning manager gives his speech.

How many attended Rafa Benitez's speech? How many attended Roy Hodgsons speech? How many attended Kenny Dalglish speech? How many attended Brendan Rodgers speech? Glass houses boys

I don't think it is correct mate that you try to deflect your terrible support onto any other team or occasion,i watched the interviews after the game with Pelligrini and the video tribute that the club had arranged for his farewell and to be honest the first thing i thought was not only was it his goodbye it was also your last game of the season at home! You have won a cup! the lap of honour was as we said an embarrassment to a nearly empty stadium.

Do you think it was because of that result and the fact that qualification is now out of your hands for the champions league and it is us that could finish above you......sad indictment on your loyal support if true after all ...as a Red we still need to win both our games to have a chance and i am happy for that alone just to still be involved with a shout.

I think to go to West Ham again last game ever at the Boleyn is a big ask to get a win although i would also take a point and take it to the last game as your team may well struggle away at Swansea also.

All to play for but i feel it is far more important for you to qualify with your new manager en route than us as we have been slated all season for being shiters and unbelievably we are in the FA Cup final and our destiny in the qualifying is in our own hands! smile.png

I'm not deflecting anything Red, I'm saying that you lot and the scousers live in glass houses and have absolutely no right to call our fans for not staying for Pelle's speech. You lot where calling for LvG's head a few months ago. TBH, we are all pretty much hacked off with him at the moment, considering what funds he had at his disposal he has under performed in the prem this year and as I said, had I been there I doubt I would have stayed. As we have seen with other clubs over the years, fans pay their money to go watch their teams week-in, week-out and if they feel agrieved they have the right show their feelings. It was only a couple of months ago that we were congratulating Liverpool fans for walking out over ticket prices. I repeat, if Pelle wasn't leaving already, I think he would have been given the boot and so at least he has gone with his pride and CV still intact.

Ah yes, 28m.

cheesy.gif

I wouldn't panic just yet, I have a feeling Wet Sham have one more surprise left up their sleeves.

I hope they do. But I still want Bony to be put in the stocks so that we can throw soggy Shwarmers and Falafel at him.

Loyal fans my arse!

I actually felt really sorry for him after all he has done for city, last game of the season at home and they have to run off to the satellite town outside Manchester rather than staying behind and thanking the manager and the team for winning another trophy and getting to the champions league semi final.

Because many of City,s fans only started following them when the big money came in in 2008,and they don,t know about the many dark times at Maine road.

Glory hunters springs to mind thumbsup.gif

oops sorry about referring to the past sad.png

"Because many of City,s fans only started following them when the big money came in in 2008". Know you like to post mischief comments, but that one is plain wrong and stupid.

Loyal fans my arse!

^First paragraph is a fair observation.

Second paragraph is a correct statement of the state of affairs at City.

Pellegrini is very likeable and has done an ok job keeping us ticking over but were on a downward trojectory and I would speculate he'd been gone this summer for the past 2 seasons performance if Pep wasn't coming.

How much was he again?

whistling.gif

You can have for free if you want him.

I'm not deflecting anything Red, I'm saying that you lot and the scousers live in glass houses and have absolutely no right to call our fans for not staying for Pelle's speech. You lot where calling for LvG's head a few months ago. TBH, we are all pretty much hacked off with him at the moment, considering what funds he had at his disposal he has under performed in the prem this year and as I said, had I been there I doubt I would have stayed. As we have seen with other clubs over the years, fans pay their money to go watch their teams week-in, week-out and if they feel agrieved they have the right show their feelings. It was only a couple of months ago that we were congratulating Liverpool fans for walking out over ticket prices. I repeat, if Pelle wasn't leaving already, I think he would have been given the boot and so at least he has gone with his pride and CV still intact.

how do we live in glass houses there boj? your fans walked out on a manager who just won you a cup this season and got you to the champions league semi-finals. he's won you the league title. i reckon that affords him the honour of fans staying and giving him a round of applause and a thank you as he heads off, against his will of course. think what you like of course but liverpool fans wouldn't have done that - they'd have said thanks. did you see the reception benitez got when he brought newcastle to anfield recently?

hodgson doesn't count by the way. he won nothing, was never going to win anything, took the club into a relegation battle and was lucky to get out with his bones unbroken after what he said about the club and the fans.

• Like 1

how do we live in glass houses there boj? your fans walked out on a manager who just won you a cup this season and got you to the champions league semi-finals. he's won you the league title. i reckon that affords him the honour of fans staying and giving him a round of applause and a thank you as he heads off, against his will of course. think what you like of course but liverpool fans wouldn't have done that - they'd have said thanks. did you see the reception benitez got when he brought newcastle to anfield recently?

hodgson doesn't count by the way. he won nothing, was never going to win anything, took the club into a relegation battle and was lucky to get out with his bones unbroken after what he said about the club and the fans.

What I object to Stevie, is fans of other clubs calling our supporters pathetic when they are looking from the outside in. I've explained how we feel about Pelle and it's our right to either stay and show some appreciation of his service or quietly go. Nobody boo'd or demonstrated, they just left. That is their right, as it was Liverpool's supporters right to leave Anfield and demonstrate over ticket pricing but nobody called your supporters pathetic or embarrassing.

I know how most Liverpool fans feel about Rafa but after all his service and winning the Champs League, did he get to give a speech or was he unceremoniously dumped? King Kenny won you the League Cup but you sacked him in the same year etc. That is why I am saying fans of other clubs calling our fans (or club) should remember how their own fans and clubs have acted in the past.

• Like 1

What I object to Stevie, is fans of other clubs calling our supporters pathetic when they are looking from the outside in. I've explained how we feel about Pelle and it's our right to either stay and show some appreciation of his service or quietly go. Nobody boo'd or demonstrated, they just left. That is their right, as it was Liverpool's supporters right to leave Anfield and demonstrate over ticket pricing but nobody called your supporters pathetic or embarrassing.

I know how most Liverpool fans feel about Rafa but after all his service and winning the Champs League, did he get to give a speech or was he unceremoniously dumped? King Kenny won you the League Cup but you sacked him in the same year etc. That is why I am saying fans of other clubs calling our fans (or club) should remember how their own fans and clubs have acted in the past.

but you aren't comparing apples with apples mate. a protest against ticket prices and a walkout isn't remotely comparable to thanking a manager who has given you fans some brilliant memories and trophies. how liverpool sacked benitez and kenny was down to the owners and as i'm sure you know has zero effect on how liverpool fans feel about them and treat them.

that from city fans walking out without giving pellegrini a deserved send-off was pathetic. you're welcome to disagree. but at least compare like for like.

Ah yes, 28m.

cheesy.gif

Im panicking as I can't even see us winning our final game. ManU should be 4th if they don't panic.

• Like 1

"...liverpool fans wouldn't have done that..." and "hodgson doesn't count by the way". Contradictory me thinks.

I haven't bothered to ask my brother who was there what the mood was after the game (I've left him alone as he's still pissed from his trip to Madrid) so I don't know why City fans left, and I suspect none of the TV posters know either. I suspect the crowd showed with their feet exactly what they are feeling about the club's performance this season. Supporters not staying behind after the whistle isn't a big deal in my opinion but I'll leave you non-blues to wallow in it; enjoy.

Ps. Be glad when this season is over. Barring a few decent European performances we've been poor ssI've regularly posted. We no more deserve 4th than ManU do; both teams like Chelsea are in transition and can only improve next season.

Ah yes, 28m.

cheesy.gif

Im panicking as I can't even see us winning our final game. ManU should be 4th if they don't panic.

To be fair i think it was the thought of missing out on the champions league spot to us that was why the big dissapointment at the end of the game and everyone just wanted to get away.

I feel there will be more twist and turns before the last ball is kicked similar to the season you pipped us for the league at least it keeps us on tenderhooks until the end of the season.

• Like 1

but you aren't comparing apples with apples mate. a protest against ticket prices and a walkout isn't remotely comparable to thanking a manager who has given you fans some brilliant memories and trophies. how liverpool sacked benitez and kenny was down to the owners and as i'm sure you know has zero effect on how liverpool fans feel about them and treat them.

that from city fans walking out without giving pellegrini a deserved send-off was pathetic. you're welcome to disagree. but at least compare like for like.

So now you want to Cherry pick what Apples I compare biggrin.png

We'll have to disagree then stevie. I don't think the fans who left where pathetic.

I think the word you're looking for is "fickle". or perhaps "fairweather".

We have a few. They have these little plastic banners and we take this pi55 out of them.

The fans who spend good money home and away are down after the disappointment of the result, the season's performances and the way it's all fizzled away and choose to leave to go most likely for a pint than watch a 'parade'...and they're fickle or fairweather...unreal!

We no more deserve 4th than ManU do; both teams like Chelsea are in transition and can only improve next season.

BB

United in transition, change of tack is it now? in decline has been the words used by the "bitters" on here whistling.gif

Had I been there, I would certainly have walked out!!

What has Pellegrini done for us? Won the league with a team inherited from Mancini, won a couple of League Cups and got the the semi final of CL playing 4 of the most negative sh!tty football games V PSG and Real that I have ever seen.

He has consistently overlooked our youth. He has had millions to spend and short of KDB has bought poorly. We have under achieved for the last 2 years, no doubt about it.

The City fans have not protested, but dont want to listen to a load of old bolllllox about how we have the foundation to do things in the next few years when our average age of our first team is about 43!!

I wouldnt boo Pellegrini, but there is no way I could find a way to cheer him!!

Edited by JacknDanny
  • Like 1