Manchester City

mrbojangles

^Refer to Nev's post.

It's only a few years ago that even getting into Europe would have you partying in the streets.

They got it right: Over-entitled.

The late Peter Swales once took the first team to Blackpool so they see what an open-top bus was thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

^Refer to Nev's post.

It's only a few years ago that even getting into Europe would have you partying in the streets.

What are you wittering on about??

You have no clue what being a City fan is all about!!

Over entitled?cheesy.gif

You are the main culprit pickng holes in how much we have spent blah, blah, blah.

I dont know how many games of City you have seen this year, but I can tell you we have been cr@p.

We have spent money and gone backwards. Arsenal have gone backwards but at least they havent spent the money we have. Although it didnt stop their fans doing an anti Wenger protestwhistling.gif

We are now in 2016, one of the big teams. We are not in 1999.

We have moved on. We are just as entitled as Arsenal to be challenging for all 4 trophies.

Wind yer neck in and stop being a knob!!

• Like 1

^Refer to Nev's post.

The late Peter Swales once took the first team to Blackpool so they see what an open-top bus was thumbsup.gif

Really??

Lack of knowledge again peter.

When Swales took over City we were going through a relatively successful period. Won the League and UEFA Cup 3 and 5 yrs prior to him taking over.

It was after he took over that we went downhill.

Malcolm Allison, Peter Reid, Paul Lake. I spoke to all 3 of those about Swales. Total tw@t he was!!

Edited by JacknDanny

^Refer to Nev's post.

What are you wittering on about??

You have no clue what being a City fan is all about!!

Over entitled?cheesy.gif

You are the main culprit pickng holes in how much we have spent blah, blah, blah.

I dont know how many games of City you have seen this year, but I can tell you we have been cr@p.

We have spent money and gone backwards. Arsenal have gone backwards but at least they havent spent the money we have. Although it didnt stop their fans doing an anti Wenger protestwhistling.gif

We are now in 2016, one of the big teams. We are not in 1999.

We have moved on. We are just as entitled as Arsenal to be challenging for all 4 trophies.

Wind yer neck in and stop being a knob!!

Fortunately our little plastic banner wavers are very much a minority and got their ar$e$ handed to them on a plate at the Norwich game.

If it was 3/4 of them, I'd be embarrassed.

And yes, buying your way to success is exactly what has led so many fans to feel over-entitled.

Edited by Chicog

And yes, buying your way to success is exactly what has led so many fans to feel over-entitled.

Barring Leicester, please name me one team who hasn't bought their way to success and if you can name one, what year was it?

We no more deserve 4th than ManU do; both teams like Chelsea are in transition and can only improve next season.

BB

United in transition, change of tack is it now? in decline has been the words used by the "bitters" on here whistling.gif

In my opinion ManU have declined and appear to be in transition, but if you prefer just decline then I'm ok with that. ;-)

You wrote that Nev, admit it. Can tell by the grammar. ;-)

He's nailed it though. These are exactly the same sort of people we've got waving their plastic banners.

What we're seeing now is a lesson to all of you rich parents out there. If you give your children everything they want when they're growing up, as soon as something doesn't go their way they turn into spoilt brats.

Over the past several months I've become more and more ashamed of our fanbase; something that I could have never envisaged myself ever saying in my lifetime. Our fanbase were why I felt so connected to City and to see this evolve into spoilt children throwing their toys out of the pram at our 6th highest ever finish is deeply disappointing.

And even worse....

The thing that's really really f***ed me off is not just that they walked out on Pellegrini, but they walked out on the Under 18s who did a lap of honour with their league title.

They walked out on kids having a trophy celebration

"He's nailed it though". Chicog, unless you're a closet Cityfan how can you possibly know if he's nailed or not?

Barring Leicester, please name me one team who hasn't bought their way to success and if you can name one, what year was it?

We have this 'discussion' repeatedly on these forums, but the wealthy clubs going way back have all bought their way to success. City are no different than loads of teams before them.

Why do we have the Premier and not Division 1 still? Why, because the greedy barsteward "Big 5" at that time engineered it to retain the majority of the money for the top successful sides in Division 1 as was and broke away from the Football League rather than have money filter down to other clubs....those clubs were ManU, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and Spurs. There's even a term in english football of Bank of England Team

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_England_club

So nothing new but for a few years more some will keep bringing up City buying success when presumably the other top clubs in the Premier era don't buy success; xollob!

Certainly milking the after match events aren't we.

I'd be surprised if a slight was intended on Pellegrini by those who left after the game for home, pub, etc, as he is well liked / respected even though we are critical of some aspects of his reign, nor was any slight intended to the u18s (can't believe someone raised that) or anybody else at the club. The fans there would have been disappointed and simply had enough of recent events (Soton, Madrid, Arsenal, poor all season, going backwards, etc) and left. There was no major protest or anything like that, people had just had enough and left.

I just cannae stop whistling the '70s tune Tragedy every time I visit this thread.

Keep it up gents!

Forgotten your tragedy already have we? From 'we can pip Leicester to the title' to '10 points behind Leicester' in a blink of an eye. Keep it up indeed.

Two teams have benefited from an endless supply of transfer and wage money, and they're the ones owned by billionaires who've amassed their wealth in what can loosely be described as an unethical manner.

You could argue that Merchandise have done it, but since their owners have mostly done it by borrowing, I'm not sure that counts.

But I wish you'd give over trying to justify it.

Up to 2014 you were OBSCENELY ahead of the rest.

article-2553796-1B438F5300000578-927_634

Perhaps what's levelled the playing field is that you've recently been spending it on $hit like Bony.

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

I just cannae stop whistling the '70s tune Tragedy every time I visit this thread.

Keep it up gents!

Forgotten your tragedy already have we? From 'we can pip Leicester to the title' to '10 points behind Leicester' in a blink of an eye. Keep it up indeed.

Clear your Fridays kiddo! B)

Funny how they conveniently use figures from when our owners took over and conveniently don't include what money other clubs were spending before that time, when we were spending nought. i.e when Roman took over Chelsea he was spending like crazy but as the side got full of more quality, the spending reduced, however that isn't in the figures. That is the same with City and we have now broke even.

We also know that the introduction of FFP meant it left us with little choice but to either spend big and quick or miss the boat altogether. We have also broke even, so that spending strategy has worked quite well.

Two teams have benefited from an endless supply of transfer and wage money, and they're the ones owned by billionaires who've amassed their wealth in what can loosely be described as an unethical manner.

You could argue that Merchandise have done it, but since their owners have mostly done it by borrowing, I'm not sure that counts.

But I wish you'd give over trying to justify it.

article-2553796-1B438F5300000578-927_634

Perhaps what's levelled the playing field is that you've recently been spending it on $hit like Bony.

biggrin.png

Chicog, not sure what point you are trying to make here and in response to what earlier comment? We all know City have spent big in the past 8 years, we had to to catch up, as Chelsea did before them, and I think most recently ManU (i could be wrong) have been the biggest spenders trying to catch back up with the others. Not sure that we try to justify it, keep on spending big as far as i care, but it's the non-City fans on here who are the ones who keep raising it - they don't raise it, no need for us to comment.

The Fiver

A bicycle with a puncture abandoned on a nearby hillside

GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD

Christmas trees littering the roads in January, Sinead OConnor singing on The Edges 1986 solo album and the desperation in Richard Blackwoods voice as he failed to grasp the concept of lemon zestlive on a morning TV cooking show in front of Tim Lovejoy. These are the only three things in the history of man that are sadder than Manuel Pellegrinis leaving do, held on the pitch after Manchester Citys 2-2 draw with Arsenal. Having twice blown the lead to put their Big Cup qualification in serious jeopardy, the Etihad was about a quarter full when Pellegrini took to the mic after his final home game, standing in the centre circle like a bicycle with a puncture abandoned on a nearby hillside, in front of a lonely solitary banner bearing his name and face, flapping silently in front of a near-deserted, newly-extended South Stand, blocking the view of nobody.Already bleary-eyed, The Fiver watched intently to see what the Chilean would deliver as a parting gift to the few that didnt have somewhere more important to be. Perhaps he would go full-Skeletor, defiantly flip the bird, drop the mic and skip down the tunnel. Or perhaps he would deliver in that snoozy atin tone, a message of thanks, of hope, of integrity. It was not our way that we wanted to finish the season, he Pellegrinied. We wanted to qualify for the final of [big Cup] and win today to qualify for the next [big Cup]. For me, Ive had three wonderful years, so all I can say to all the fans is thanks for all, I will never forget you, and most of all, dont change. This team needs you and I am sure you will be a very successful team in all the competitions.Farewell then, fair Manuel. You were charming. You had nice hair. You were especially in your first season in charge pretty darn good. You were dignified in making way for Pep. But this is the EPL, the Best League In The World: a place full of fire and brimstone where viewing figures reign supreme over substance. If your leaving do is anything to go by, you didnt quite cut it, did you?

Interesting that the spending philosophy meant fark all this year.

The sun is shining here...and not only metaphorically. biggrin.png

Exactly, but it won't stop Shaky dishing out gazillions to Pep to win the Yerpa league.

biggrin.png

The Fiver

A bicycle with a puncture abandoned on a nearby hillside

GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD

Christmas trees littering the roads in January, Sinead OConnor singing on The Edges 1986 solo album and the desperation in Richard Blackwoods voice as he failed to grasp the concept of lemon zestlive on a morning TV cooking show in front of Tim Lovejoy. These are the only three things in the history of man that are sadder than Manuel Pellegrinis leaving do, held on the pitch after Manchester Citys 2-2 draw with Arsenal. Having twice blown the lead to put their Big Cup qualification in serious jeopardy, the Etihad was about a quarter full when Pellegrini took to the mic after his final home game, standing in the centre circle like a bicycle with a puncture abandoned on a nearby hillside, in front of a lonely solitary banner bearing his name and face, flapping silently in front of a near-deserted, newly-extended South Stand, blocking the view of nobody.Already bleary-eyed, The Fiver watched intently to see what the Chilean would deliver as a parting gift to the few that didnt have somewhere more important to be. Perhaps he would go full-Skeletor, defiantly flip the bird, drop the mic and skip down the tunnel. Or perhaps he would deliver in that snoozy atin tone, a message of thanks, of hope, of integrity. It was not our way that we wanted to finish the season, he Pellegrinied. We wanted to qualify for the final of [big Cup] and win today to qualify for the next [big Cup]. For me, Ive had three wonderful years, so all I can say to all the fans is thanks for all, I will never forget you, and most of all, dont change. This team needs you and I am sure you will be a very successful team in all the competitions.Farewell then, fair Manuel. You were charming. You had nice hair. You were especially in your first season in charge pretty darn good. You were dignified in making way for Pep. But this is the EPL, the Best League In The World: a place full of fire and brimstone where viewing figures reign supreme over substance. If your leaving do is anything to go by, you didnt quite cut it, did you?

BB

The train has already left the platform,too late to catch it now.

While you are quoting excuses for the pathetic attitude of other Citeh fans over the weekend read MEN,s take on it

I think the incoming "messiah" will be wondering what is in store for him if the dirt hits the fan,but then again he,s only there for the money so he won,t really be giving a toss gigglem.gif

i

Exactly, but it won't stop Shaky dishing out gazillions to Pep to win the Yerpa league.

biggrin.png

Blimey Chiccy, your getting very giddy now you've finally reached the dizzy heights of third and occupying a lot of space in the City thread. Are you trying to deflect from not having St Totteringham's day this year

i

biggrin.png

Blimey Chiccy, your getting very giddy now you've finally reached the dizzy heights of third and occupying a lot of space in the City thread. Are you trying to deflect from not having St Totteringham's day this year

Well that isn't confirmed yet is it?

biggrin.png

And are you denying that Pep is likely to spend a fortune?

100m+ do you think?

i

biggrin.png

Well that isn't confirmed yet is it?

biggrin.png

And are you denying that Pep is likely to spend a fortune?

100m+ do you think?

No not denying anything. As BB says I hope he blows the bank. Messi won't be cheap [emoji1]

• Like 1

I see the guy who was responsible for City,s first ever Premiership win-Joey Barton-may be back next season with Burnley thumbsup.gif

If you're going to blame a qpr player for City beating qpr and winning the Premier, I would have thought the player who failed to get close to Aguero was culpable...who was that man?