Manchester City

mrbojangles

1926 Clapton Orient v Manchester City in the 6th round of the FA cup and no I wasn't there, but my dad was. City won 6-1 sad.png

City beat Man U 3-0 in the semi final but lost in the final to Bolton 1-0.

13260159_1213517418673518_11745404293275

It looks like the queue at the ticket refunds office at Old Trafford last nigh

Maybe they all left at half time...I know I left the pub then.

As you know only an outbreak of Ebola virus or imminent arrest is usually enough to get me off my bar stool.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-injuries-2015-16-11357764

"And now the statistics have backed up the Chilean's reasoning, after it was revealed that the Blues had MORE injuries than any other Premier League club.

City suffered a total of 51 injuries, with only Newcastle (48) and Liverpool (47) coming close to that figure.

Champions Leicester had the lowest number, not surprisingly, with just 12, while the two other teams who finished above City also had much lower figures, Arsenal having 26 and Spurs 28.

In terms of the number of days lost to injury, City clocked 1,307, and only four teams lost more Newcastle (2,288), Liverpool (1,804), United (1,610) and Bournemouth (1,476). Leicester lost just 313, again the lowest in the league.

But Pellegrini's problem was the fact that it was his key players who were most severely affected.At different points of the season, Pellegrini lost skipper Vincent Kompany, playmaker David Silva, top scorer Sergio Aguero, and hugely influential Kevin De Bruyne. And with Gael Clichy, Pablo Zabaleta and Eliaquim Mangala all out for significant periods, the defence was especially disrupted...."

Edited by Bredbury Blue

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-injuries-2015-16-11357764

"And now the statistics have backed up the Chilean's reasoning, after it was revealed that the Blues had MORE injuries than any other Premier League club.

City suffered a total of 51 injuries, with only Newcastle (48) and Liverpool (47) coming close to that figure.

Champions Leicester had the lowest number, not surprisingly, with just 12, while the two other teams who finished above City also had much lower figures, Arsenal having 26 and Spurs 28.

In terms of the number of days lost to injury, City clocked 1,307, and only four teams lost more Newcastle (2,288), Liverpool (1,804), United (1,610) and Bournemouth (1,476). Leicester lost just 313, again the lowest in the league.

But Pellegrini's problem was the fact that it was his key players who were most severely affected.At different points of the season, Pellegrini lost skipper Vincent Kompany, playmaker David Silva, top scorer Sergio Aguero, and hugely influential Kevin De Bruyne. And with Gael Clichy, Pablo Zabaleta and Eliaquim Mangala all out for significant periods, the defence was especially disrupted...."

But didn't your second eleven cost more than Leicester's first eleven ?

Cantona wishes Guardiola NOT Mourinho was Manchester United manager

Eric Cantona insists Pep Guardiola would have been perfect for Manchester United - NOT Jose Mourinho.

The Old Trafford legend has made no secret of his admiration for incoming Manchester City manager Guardiola.

And there is no doubt he believes City have pulled off a coup in beating United to the most sought-after coach in world football.

Mourinho is set to be appointed Louis van Gaal’s successor - but Cantona told the Guardian: “Guardiola was the one to take.

“He is the spiritual son of Johan Cruyff. I would have loved to have seen Guardiola in Manchester (United). “He is the only one to change Manchester. He is in Manchester, but at the wrong one.”

Guardiola is set to take charge at the Etihad on July 1 after leading Bayern Munich to the double in Germany. He has been charged with the responsibility of turning City into Champions League winners and leading a new era of dominance in England.

City’s chiefs ended their three-year pursuit of the former Barcelona coach when announcing his appointment in February.

On Mourinho’s imminent arrival, Cantona added: “I love Jose Mourinho, but in terms of the type of football he plays I don’t think he is Manchester United.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cantona-manchester-city-guardiola-mourinho-11380112

Entertaining myself my watching videos of YouTube: searching 'Manchester City Pathe News' and then ''Manchester City 1969'. The first search brought up some great clips mainly of Trautmann's 55-57 era, the latter brought up this cracking game WHU 0v4 City (it's a cracker) https://youtu.be/aEfxfO9oWz0

Edited by Bredbury Blue

How Man City goals made cheapest season ticket the best value around

Manchester City offered thrifty thrill seekers the best value season ticket in the Premier League last season.

The club’s cheapest season ticket cost £299 last season according to the BBC’s Price of Football survey.

Fans were treated to 47 goals by the club’s players in home league games, more than any other side in the division. That works out at just £6 per goal.

No other club offered a better pound per goal ratio in the top flight.

Champions Leicester City’s cheapest season ticket cost £365.

With the Foxes scoring 35 home goals that works out at just £10 a goal, making it the second best value ticket in the league - as far as goals per pound is concerned anyway.

Witnessing one of the most extraordinary title wins in footballing history no doubt made the tickets feel like the bargain of the century.

Holders of Everton’s and Stoke’s cheapest season tickets paid the equivalent of £13 per home goal, while holders of Southampton’s cheapest paid £14 and Newcastle’s £15.

Arsenal had the worst value season ticket in the division.

The cheapest season ticket at the Emirates costs £1,104. With the Gunners scoring 31 times in the league that works out at a whopping £33 per goal. Holders of the club’s most expensive season ticket (£2,013) have effectively paid a staggering £64.94 per goal.

Swansea did not take part in the survey so haven’t been included in this article.

Club: £s per goal (cheapest season ticket)

Man City: £6

Leicester: £10

Everton: £13

Stoke: £13

Southampton: £14

Newcastle: £15

Sunderland: £16

West Ham: £18.16

Norwich: £19.21

Watford: £19

Man United: £20

West Brom: £20

Liverpool: £22

Tottenham: £22

Crystal Palace: £22

Chelsea: £23

Bournemouth: £24

Aston Villa: £24

Arsenal: £33

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-season-ticket-goals-11407638

Pep has made his first signing. Confirmed that Ilkay Gundogan on a 4 year deal. Don't know how long before he'll get to play his debut though, as he is recovering from a knee injury

:- http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2016/June/Ilkay-Gundogan-signs-for-City/1464277092

I hope Peps second signing will be someone who is fit and can actually kick a ball when the season starts biggrin.png

• Like 1

We did pay attention to FFP and paid for it ;-)

I'd be surprised if there's a mass clear out. I expect he'll keep the majority, buy a few, sell a few. My opinion is we don't need a lot, but we need to keep key players available for the MAJORITY of the season. Last season we had to change our style from possession based (artists were out) to playing more on the break (using Navas, Strrling & kdb pace). This season the players will have to change to Pep's style...I reckon we have the players to that and have a decent season. 2nd season I reckon we'll see Pep's team.

I'd be surprised if there's a mass clear out. I expect he'll keep the majority, buy a few, sell a few. My opinion is we don't need a lot, but we need to keep key players available for the MAJORITY of the season. Last season we had to change our style from possession based (artists were out) to playing more on the break (using Navas, Strrling & kdb pace). This season the players will have to change to Pep's style...I reckon we have the players to that and have a decent season. 2nd season I reckon we'll see Pep's team.

Sheer nonsense...your chequebook is already hanging on the line!

They pay huge wages that hardly anyone else can afford to pay. Honestly, Bayern to win the Bundesliga was a no brainer but for a second time in the Champions League his tactics were found out, neutralized and his side knocked out. First by Ancelotti in totally emphatic style and then by Simeone.

Does Pep need to start to move with the times? Certainly, buying injury prone players ain't the way forward.

Certainly, buying injury prone players ain't the way forward.

If his current injury was associated with his back, I would concur about being injury prone. However, he has played 74 games since his back operation, so I would think that one is now sorted.

His knee problem has been called a freak accident and he has:- “I had a dislocated patella. It happened in training but it’s not as bad as it sounds. A ligament was also stretched and so they operated on it. Now I need to rest and then I hope that at the end of August or start of September I’ll be back on the field and starting a new chapter."

I am hoping the medical staff know their stuff and the fact Pep has shunned several others linked with CIty and focussed solely on landing Gundogan, means the £21m could be the buy of the season.

Certainly, buying injury prone players ain't the way forward.

If his current injury was associated with his back, I would concur about being injury prone. However, he has played 74 games since his back operation, so I would think that one is now sorted.

His knee problem has been called a freak accident and he has:- “I had a dislocated patella. It happened in training but it’s not as bad as it sounds. A ligament was also stretched and so they operated on it. Now I need to rest and then I hope that at the end of August or start of September I’ll be back on the field and starting a new chapter."

I am hoping the medical staff know their stuff and the fact Pep has shunned several others linked with CIty and focussed solely on landing Gundogan, means the £21m could be the buy of the season.

Being injury prone is someone who has a lot of injuries, not someone who has injuries related !

After moaning about injuries all season you've now bought an injury prone player in Gundogan facepalm.gif who do you think they will buy to replace him when he is injured ?

Don't think anybody but Pep could answer your question.

Based on our current squad, I would have thought Yaya, Dinho, Nando or Delph would replace him. There's also great expectactions on Alex Garcia breaking through this season who plays that position.

They pay huge wages that hardly anyone else can afford to pay. Honestly, Bayern to win the Bundesliga was a no brainer but for a second time in the Champions League his tactics were found out, neutralized and his side knocked out. First by Ancelotti in totally emphatic style and then by Simeone.

Does Pep need to start to move with the times? Certainly, buying injury prone players ain't the way forward.

^"They pay huge wages that hardly anyone else can afford to pay."

Can't comment on wages to individuals at City, if they're at a level 'that hardly anyone else can afford to pay', but our squad wages are predicted to be 3rd highest for the season ended - Spurs predicted to be 6th highest by the way.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/the-premier-league-ladder-ranked-by-the-total-wages-each-club-is-paying-their-players/news-story/27e2fc4f30b8dbf7e6ca1d4eb7654a10?nk=2ed1fb2ce3f57a14f92db00c1c37d456-1465021955

Can't comment on wages to individuals at City, if they're at a level 'that hardly anyone else can afford to pay', but our squad wages are predicted to be 3rd highest for the season ended - Spurs predicted to be 6th highest by the way.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/the-premier-league-ladder-ranked-by-the-total-wages-each-club-is-paying-their-players/news-story/27e2fc4f30b8dbf7e6ca1d4eb7654a10?nk=2ed1fb2ce3f57a14f92db00c1c37d456-1465021955

Lucky I'm here to copy the part you missed there....

Manchester City may look to have a decreased wage bill on face value, but in reality they will be forking out more than any club in England - and probably Europe.

New summer signings worth £150 million paired with new contracts that were offered to Sergio Aguero, David Silva, Vincent Kompany and Joe Hart have hidden wage benefits. Despite a decrease in Aguero’s new basic salary of £165,000 per week, he can reach up to £220,000 with bonuses. This change has been forced by FIFA financial fair play rules.

So City technically come in at third with £193.8 million ($397 million) for 2015/16, but in reality they should be first.

• Like 2

Lucky I'm here to copy the part you missed there....

Manchester City may look to have a decreased wage bill on face value, but in reality they will be forking out more than any club in England - and probably Europe.

New summer signings worth £150 million paired with new contracts that were offered to Sergio Aguero, David Silva, Vincent Kompany and Joe Hart have hidden wage benefits. Despite a decrease in Aguero’s new basic salary of £165,000 per week, he can reach up to £220,000 with bonuses. This change has been forced by FIFA financial fair play rules.

So City technically come in at third with £193.8 million ($397 million) for 2015/16, but in reality they should be first.

"the part you missed there" is a little unfair seem as I posted the link, and as it says, City technically come in at third (technically means, what, accounting-wise?).

The main point is City's squad wages don't equate to 'hardly anyone else can afford to pay' as stated, as shown below.

1. Chelsea: £215.6m (+£25.1m)

2. Manchester United - £203m (-£12.8m)

3. Manchester City - £193.8m (-£11.2m)

4. Arsenal - £192m (+£11.6m)

5. Liverpool - £152m (+£8m)

6. Tottenham - £110.5m (+£10.1m)