Manchester City

mrbojangles

If it's within required standards and guidelines for a team competing in the Premier and in uefa competions, then there can be no gripes.

And I only claimed that "our squad wages are predicted to be 3rd highest for the season ended" no more.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

If it's within required standards and guidelines for a team competing in the Premier and in uefa competions, then there can be no gripes.

And I only claimed that "our squad wages are predicted to be 3rd highest for the season ended" no more.

All I did was correct your quote using info from the link.

If added you would be about £50m more than anyone else.

So not much eh? :D

The fascination with City's riches eh.

Not to be pedantic :D but it's the inability of buying clubs to pay the same wages we were talking about.

I'm always happy to remind you BB...I know you're not as young as you once were. :P:D

Not to be pedantic but we were talking about "They (City) pay huge wages that hardly anyone else can afford to pay" which isn't correct; I reckon City, ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea are all the same level and each of those teams can pay similar wages.

You're definitely right I'm getting decrepit.

Good to hear Alfie is still on his hols. ;-)

Not to be pedantic but we were talking about "They (City) pay huge wages that hardly anyone else can afford to pay" which isn't correct; I reckon City, ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea are all the same level and each of those teams can pay similar wages.

Not all of us have a chairman who can tell his brother or whatever to spunk in an absurd amount of money for sponsorship.

But it all comes out of the same pockets: The poor, repressed citizens of Abu Dhabi.

thumbsup.gif

Not to be pedantic biggrin.png but it's the inability of buying clubs to pay the same wages we were talking about.

Wayne Rooney is the highest paid in the prem and United have been paying the highest wages for years. We, Arsenal and Chelsea etc HAVE to pay big money to compete with what United set the bar at. So why is this conversation even happening on the City thread?

• Like 1

Not to be pedantic biggrin.png but it's the inability of buying clubs to pay the same wages we were talking about.

Wayne Rooney is the highest paid in the prem and United have been paying the highest wages for years. We, Arsenal and Chelsea etc HAVE to pay big money to compete with what United set the bar at. So why is this conversation even happening on the City thread?

Always comes back to what united are doing with you lot, we spend our own money and are one of the richest clubs in the world with untold revenue coming in if course we pay big wages we can, we are not a play thing for some rich Arab who can spunk millions like you lot, you lot raised the bar way above everyone else so don't just blame united.

I would be pissed off if I was a Liverpool spurs arsenal or any other club fan seeing you lot and Chelsea jumping ahead due to having untold money from rich owners denying the historically self funded big clubs a chance to progress due to being denied champions league.

• Like 1

Not all of us have a chairman who can tell his brother or whatever to spunk in an absurd amount of money for sponsorship.

But it all comes out of the same pockets: The poor, repressed citizens of Abu Dhabi.

thumbsup.gif

post-19652-0-32140000-1465139813_thumb.j

Always comes back to what united are doing with you lot, we spend our own money and are one of the richest clubs in the world with untold revenue coming in if course we pay big wages we can, we are not a play thing for some rich Arab who can spunk millions like you lot, you lot raised the bar way above everyone else so don't just blame united.

I would be pissed off if I was a Liverpool spurs arsenal or any other club fan seeing you lot and Chelsea jumping ahead due to having untold money from rich owners denying the historically self funded big clubs a chance to progress due to being denied champions league.

You don't like not being Kings of the Castle and having competition do you nev.

All this "our own money" spiel is pure garbage. Your owners borrowed what was it, over £700 million and you still have £380.5 million of debt. It might even be more as your bottom line was about £45 million worse than last year. I think you made a loss of £4 million.

We've been funded by a rich owner who has invested heavily with a clear business plan to get us into profit and thus spending money that we generate ourselves. There is no difference ethically with that, to you being funded by American Hedge Funds.

• Like 1

Always comes back to what united are doing with you lot, we spend our own money and are one of the richest clubs in the world

Actually nev, you are going to have to stop spouting off that tosh. It's old news and factually incorrect. Not only are we catching up with you on revenue but you are debt ridden to the tune of $510m, whereas we are "Completely debt free and posted $15.2 million profit after tax" Source:- http://www.totalsportek.com/football/clubs-with-the-most-debt/ Have a read.

So it's us who should be giving you lot grief for spending more than you make, whereas we spend our own money now. thumbsup.gif

And YOU call US the Bitters!

Having a hardtime adjusting to the present. You'll get used to it, give it time. ;-)

You don't like not being Kings of the Castle and having competition do you nev.

All this "our own money" spiel is pure garbage. Your owners borrowed what was it, over £700 million and you still have £380.5 million of debt. It MIGHT even be more as your bottom line was about £45 million worse than last year. I THINK you made a loss of £4 million.

We've been funded by a rich owner who has invested heavily with a clear business plan to get us into profit and thus spending money that we generate ourselves. There is no difference ethically with that, to you being funded by American Hedge Funds.

Great what fiddling the books can do, our debt is very manageable, do you know our income from turnover at the turnstiles is only a mere 4% of our total income just shows how much sponsorship we have.

We are not being funded by a hedge funds where you get that from.

Great what fiddling the books can do, our debt is very manageable, do you know our income from turnover at the turnstiles is only a mere 4% of our total income just shows how much sponsorship we have.

It doesn't really matter that you think City are fiddling the books. The books are the books and the fact we are back in profit means that should our owner decide to leave, we are not saddled with debt that we would have to repay him (unlike Chelsea). We are financially in a very good position.

I didn't mention turnstiles, I said turnover and sponsorship is part of turnover. Either way, I don't mind your debt nev, I know you can pay it back. What gets my Goat is when people call us for "not spending our own money" when the 4 so-called biggest and richest clubs in the world have huge debts. And so they are not spending their own money either.

We are not being funded by a hedge funds where you get that from.

American Hedge Funds own most of the debt that you pay huge interest rates to.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/6969460/Manchester-Uniteds-debt-six-key-questions.html

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/sep/18/glazers-manchester-united-15m-dividend-greg-dyke

• Like 1

Manchester City

Accounts of Manchester City Limited for the year to 31 May 2015

Ownership Wholly owned by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, via the Abu Dhabi United Group Investment and Development, registered in Abu Dhabi

Turnover 2nd highest in League £352m, up from £347m in 2014

Income

Gate and match-day income £43m;

TV and broadcasting, Uefa £33m;

TV and broadcasting, other £103m;

Commercial £173m

Wage bill 3rd highest in League £194m, down from £205m in 2014

Wages as proportion of turnover 55%

Profit before tax £10m, following £23m loss in 2014

Net debt £0 (£8m cash balance)

Interest payable £1.3m

Manchester United

Accounts for Manchester United Plc, for the year to 30 June 2015

Ownership Owned by the Glazer family via Red Football LLC, a company registered in the low-tax state of Nevada, USA. United is now registered in the Cayman Islands tax haven and listed on the New York Stock Exchange

Turnover 1st in League £395m, down from £433m in 2014

Income

Gate and match-day income £91m;

TV and broadcasting £108m;

Commercial £197m

Wage bill 2nd highest in League £203m, down from £215m in 2014

Wages as proportion of turnover 51%

Loss before tax -£4m, following £41m profit in 2014

Net debt £255m

Interest and finance costs £35m

I would wager that there weren't as many empty seats for the original game that was abandoned !

Do you really think that empty seats will be a feature once Mourinho + Ibrahimovic + + + settle in ?

Edited by Jip99
  • Like 1

I would wager that there weren't as many empty seats for the original game that was abandoned !

?

That's not answering the question jip. MrRed was saying United will always be bigger than City and all I was saying was don't be too cock sure.

I don't remember ever seeing empty seats like that at OT for the final game of the season. It probably shows how many non Manchester supporters you really have. These non local supporters can be very fickle and start supporting other teams at the drop of a hat