Manchester City

mrbojangles

We did pay attention to FFP and paid for it ;-)

I'd be surprised if there's a mass clear out. I expect he'll keep the majority, buy a few, sell a few. My opinion is we don't need a lot, but we need to keep key players available for the MAJORITY of the season. Last season we had to change our style from possession based (artists were out) to playing more on the break (using Navas, Strrling & kdb pace). This season the players will have to change to Pep's style...I reckon we have the players to that and have a decent season. 2nd season I reckon we'll see Pep's team.

Sheer nonsense...your chequebook is already hanging on the line!

They pay huge wages that hardly anyone else can afford to pay. Honestly, Bayern to win the Bundesliga was a no brainer but for a second time in the Champions League his tactics were found out, neutralized and his side knocked out. First by Ancelotti in totally emphatic style and then by Simeone.

Does Pep need to start to move with the times? Certainly, buying injury prone players ain't the way forward.

^"They pay huge wages that hardly anyone else can afford to pay."

Can't comment on wages to individuals at City, if they're at a level 'that hardly anyone else can afford to pay', but our squad wages are predicted to be 3rd highest for the season ended - Spurs predicted to be 6th highest by the way.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/the-premier-league-ladder-ranked-by-the-total-wages-each-club-is-paying-their-players/news-story/27e2fc4f30b8dbf7e6ca1d4eb7654a10?nk=2ed1fb2ce3f57a14f92db00c1c37d456-1465021955

Can now comment on individual wages and ManU pay the highest wage to a player, not City [Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney is at 49 (world's highest earning sportspeople) , with $26.1m (£17.99m), making him the highest-grossing Premier League player].

ManU also had the 2nd highest squad wage bill (behind Chelsea), with City 3rd and Arsenal 4th.

So the statement that "City pay huge wages that hardly anyone else can afford to pay" is a load BALLACKS!

Add in the bonuses kiddo...I bet that's not in your figures! laugh.png

Give over smokes. Bonus payments occur in nearly every club and have done for years. They are so common place, they are stipulated in the FA rule book and all bonus payments must be submitted and lodged with the FA before the start of the season. In fact, I think I read somewhere that because Leicester didn't dream of winning the league before the season started, they didn't agree any bonus payments for winning the league and so the players won't receive anything.

Add in the bonuses kiddo...I bet that's not in your figures! laugh.png

Give over smokes. Bonus payments occur in nearly every club and have done for years. They are so common place, they are stipulated in the FA rule book and all bonus payments must be submitted and lodged with the FA before the start of the season. In fact, I think I read somewhere that because Leicester didn't dream of winning the league before the season started, they didn't agree any bonus payments for winning the league and so the players won't receive anything.

Please publish the list if registered bonus payments for last season then...and not the actual ones ROFLMAO....!!

^Doesn't change the point made that club's bonus schemes / bonus payments must be submitted and lodged with the FA before the start of the season, and therefore City linking player's wages more these days to bonuses for achievements is not unusual, illegal, devious or untoward but is good business sense. ;-)

^Doesn't change the point made that club's bonus schemes / bonus payments must be submitted and lodged with the FA before the start of the season, and therefore City linking player's wages more these days to bonuses for achievements is not unusual, illegal, devious or untoward but is good business sense. ;-)

I never said it was...I'm just making the point that your bonuses are much higher than anyone else's!

• Like 1

I'm just making the point that your bonuses are much higher than anyone else's!

Can you prove those accusations smokes?

I'm not in kangaroo court...your bonus structure is.

Let's see what happens this summer...no one is going to be moving to City on reduced overall earnings.

I'm just making the point that your bonuses are much higher than anyone else's!

Can you prove those accusations smokes?

I'm not in kangaroo court...your bonus structure is.

Let's see what happens this summer...no one is going to be moving to City on reduced overall earnings.

We know there is a bonus scheme. You ain't telling anybody anything new. Bonus schemes are there in nearly every club but you said "your bonuses are much higher than anyone else's!" As of yet I haven't seen what other clubs pay so don't know if we pay less, equal, higher or much higher than everyone else

• Like 1

The NINE Manchester City academy players who are at Euro 2016

Former Man City academy head Jim Cassell gives his lowdown on the players who served under him - all of them from the era before the amazing new set-up

NINE players at Euro 2016 came through the old Manchester City youth ranks – and here is former academy head Jim Cassell on the young stars he helped to develop:

JOHN GUIDETTI (Sweden): “John was a good talent – he had a terrific loan at PSV when he scored 20 goals and was unfortunate to pick up a bad viral infection. But at City he had Aguero ahead of him.”

WAYNE HENNESSEY (Wales): “I told his mum when he left us in 2003 that he would be an international, but at the time we had Joe Hart and Kasper Schmeichel, now both Premier League winners.”

ROBBIE MAK (Slovakia): “I remember Robbie coming in for the second leg of the Youth Cup semi-final as Daniel Sturridge got injured playing for the first team – not bad, a back-up striker who is now an international!”

NEIL TAYLOR (Wales): “Neil's success gives me as much pleasure as anyone. We let him go at 16 as we had a number of left-sided players at the time, but Neil is doing great at Swansea.”

FREDDIE VESELI (Albania): “A really good footballer - he was not good enough in the air to be a central defender here, but he was very good on the ball.”

VLADIMIR WEISS (Slovakia): “One of our Youth Cup winners - typical winger. I felt he should have stayed longer in England as it would have brought discipline to his game.”

KEIREN WESTWOOD (Ireland): “Keiren is a Wythenshawe lad who was with us in the Kevin Keegan era. He has got better with age and is now doing great at Sheffield Wednesday.”

GLENN WHELAN (Ireland): “Great to see how Glenn has settled into that holding role – he has matured into a really sensible player among some good footballers at Stoke.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-academy-euro-2016-11461512

• Like 1

Congrats to David Silva who during todays game joined an elite group of Spain players to rack up 100 international caps.

Silva, only the 11th Spanish player in history to rack up a century the others being Iker Casillas, Xavi, Sergio Ramos, Andoni Zubizarreta, Xabi Alonso, Fernando Torres, Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas, Raul and Carles Puyol.

That'd be a decent 11, eh.