Manchester City

mrbojangles

I love Zabba...he's the man, he's our man, and he's harder than Jaap Stam.

Ohh Pablo Zabaleta, he is the f*cking man!

He is an Argentinian, hes harder than Jaap Stam!

He plays in blue and white for Pellegrinis men!

And when we win the league, well sing this song again!

The only appearances he'll be making when that happens will be as Santa Claus once a year.

Manchester City: Caballero, Maffeo, Adarabioyo, Kolarov, Angelino, Fernando, Fernandinho, Zinchenko, Barker, Iheanacho, Navas

Thai ch33...the thai muppet host with the tache and glasses used to live in my mooban...used to see him jogging (posing)...supports one of those teams in red.

Bayern 0 vs 3 Willy Caballero. City fortunate to be level.

Strange seeing Kolorov centreback alongside the kid. Angelino stood out, Barker did for the wrong reasons. City's front 4 look like they met for the first time in the tunnel. Fernando has been the most noticeable player.

Bayern obviously looking streets ahead. Ribery looks like an out of shape hooligan who just gotvout of the crowd, but those feet...brilliant.

Bring out the 2nd half team.

2nd half City brought on experience for youth, Bayern did the reverse. 1st half Bayerns, 2nd half City's. Lost 1v0 to a heavily deflected goal off Clichy who took over from Kolorov at CB (strange).

Hart, OBrien, Kompany, Zabaleta, Sterling, Nasri, Nolito, Aguero, Silva, Denayer, Otamendi, Zuculini, Horsfield, Manu Garcia & Humphreys didn't feature.

Adarabioyo (CB), Angelino (every position leftside) and Maffeo (RB) played 90 and all were decent.

Enjoyed it!

Zabbas a true professional and a fighter Carms. It's gonna be a long season and very useful to have someone of his experience. Plenty of life left in him yet. City fans love him

I'm not questioning his professionalism and i've always liked him as a player. Just saying i think he's going to get left for dead by some pacy attacking miss. Not his fault just age.

As far as experience goes thats not in doubt.

^Zabba's never had pace. Last season he was rarely fit and he twice damaged knee ligaments and consequently struggled to regain his form. He's returned for training, fit apparently, with just 2% body fit. Zabba is a special case at City, he's that player every team hasevery decade, who just puts it all out there for the team, and he really feels like he's an adopted mancunian - that is the true feelings towards him from City fans. If he can get fit, he's the better player compared to Sagna. I'd be happy for him to be given the season to compete with Sagna (Sagna isn't comfortable with the ball so I can't see him being a Pep player) while we find a young replacement (can't see Arsenal selling us Bellerin). The youngster Maffeo, who was on loan to a Spanish 2nd level team, looks a decent prospect, so maybe he can come through (Angelino on the left looks good enough to come through this season).

I love Zabba...he's the man, he's our man, and he's harder than Jaap Stam.

Ohh Pablo Zabaleta, he is the f*cking man!

He is an Argentinian, hes harder than Jaap Stam!

He plays in blue and white for Pellegrinis men!

And when we win the league, well sing this song again!

Jeez............just shows the "mentality" of you blue moaners,do adults actually sing this crap cheesy.gif

Pleased to read that I'm not alone in thinking wan ker Danny Mills, "The font of all knowledge" (nice one Lakey) has it in for City. Never has a positive word to say about us.

Manchester City flop Danny Mills lays into the Blues again

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-danny-mills-criticism-11645838

Manchester City 2016-17 away kit

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/07/15/pictured-manchester-city-2016-17-away-kit-shirt-shorts/

Don't like it, and won't it be hard for the players to see each other (as ManU's grey kit in that Soton game).

Red and black yes please, we all love the '69 strip kit, has a special appeal to all City fans of a certain age, so why don't the club listen to the fans - and this isn't just aimed at our current management/owners but goes back to management over the years - and make red and black stripes officially our 2nd kit?

Seems the earlier link referring to rea and black isn't correct; this one refers to maroon (early City colour) http://talkingbaws.com/2016/07/man-citys-bold-new-away-kit-gets-a-mixed-reaction-from-supporters/

I'll reserve comment until I see it up close.

The away kit looks different on different websites. Some say red and black, some say maroon and black. The definitive is City's website which states:

"This season, Pep Guardiolas team will wear a predominantly black kit, with red detailing and flashes of yellow, on their travels.Inspired by the iconic red and black striped away kit of the 1960s, both colours return to Citys change strip for the first time since the unforgettable 2011/12 title winning season.The 2016/17 instalment also includes a Manchester icon, with the yellow detailing referencing the worker bee, which has been synonymous with the City of Manchester since the Industrial Revolution and has featured on the citys coat of arms since 1842. As a nod to the bees eye-catching stripes, vibrant yellow detailing, including a reimagined version of the new club crest, embellish our new away kits distinctive black body and red shoulder and sleeves.

Yellow socks, with a black linear graphic on the calf, showcase the kits primary accent colour and accentuate speed."

The images to my colourblind eyes (yep, red-green) look very dull. Being colourblind I like bright colours, I.e. blue, yellow. I'll wait till I see it upclose in Central Sports shop.

The 3rd kit is rumoured to be bright orange.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfer-window-guardiola-11659457

Nice little summary of City's squad, who may leave and who may come in. Second report today I've read mention of Pep turning Delphy in a LB. Think we look short upfront centre AGAIN, where Aguero gets overused, Nacho is better as an impact player and Bony is better at Swansea or Everton.

League of hate results

1) Chelsea 2) Manchester United 3) Liverpool 4) Manchester City 5) Arsenal 6) Tottenham

A huge 93% of United fans voted that they disliked City in the poll - Blues fans returned the favour to United with 96% voting that they hated their bitter rivals.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-news-guardiola-chelsea-11661791

League of hate results

1) Chelsea 2) Manchester United 3) Liverpool 4) Manchester City 5) Arsenal 6) Tottenham

A huge 93% of United fans voted that they disliked City in the poll - Blues fans returned the favour to United with 96% voting that they hated their bitter rivals.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-news-guardiola-chelsea-11661791

Absolutely riveting article BB.................whistling.gif

I can give you an excellent recipe for making a "rag" or "suet" pudding which will be far more enjoyable for you to do than posting tripe like this thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Ignore the earlier link I posted and the piss poor attempt at a windup from the rag, here's the original link (Mirror survey).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-now-more-hated-manchester-8495063

Poor lad,you just don,t realise at times what a plonker you make of yourself quoting drivel like this and trying to justify why.........facepalm.gif

I posted a link to an article in the uk media of a survey by the Mirror. I found it interesting for *various reasons, i thought perhaps others might too, if they do fine, if they don't fine. Contrary to your misunderstanding, nowhere in the posts above did I try to justify why I posted the survey.

*To clarify why I found it interesting, I found it interesting how different clubs who to my mind have no apparent inter-relationship have a major hate of each other (example, Burnley & 'Boro), and I was also shocked that Chelsea are the most hated team (why? I personally like Chelsea for shakingup the Old School).

Why don't YOU try posting an opinion or something which might be of interest to others on the football forum for a change, instead of your constant windups. Have a go at contributing, you might find you like it.