Manchester City

mrbojangles

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Blimey nev, have you not been reading the thread? Some have said that De Gea is waaaaay better than Hart and there is no comparison. I have shown stats that show the opposite to be true and people have said Hart makes too many mistakes. I was just showing that De Gea makes plenty also. As you say, all keepers make mistakes.

The stats you have shown are more relative to the defence that the keeper has infront of him.

De Gea is way better, and frankly i don't see where the argument is. I can only presume its a City/Utd thing.  With the possible exception of Neuer i can't think of anyone better

Loris is particularly good for Spurs because he's a perfect fit for the way we play, sweeping behind a back three when we move forward. i doubt though that his stats were any good two seasons ago but that belied the fact that without him we would have been mid table because our defence that season was shocking.

On 8/18/2016 at 9:31 AM, alfieconn said:

Carms leave him alone, he lives in a fantasy world when it comes to City,  he see's things that no one else see's, even fellow supporters like Jack n Danny have had enough him, quite sad really that someone can be so bias and when he is proved wrong he goes on about putting ignore, trolling etc,  sad little man !!!!

BB "a sad little man" nah don,t believe it:cheesy:

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Blimey nev, have you not been reading the thread? Some have said that De Gea is waaaaay better than Hart and there is no comparison. I have shown stats that show the opposite to be true and people have said Hart makes too many mistakes. I was just showing that De Gea makes plenty also. As you say, all keepers make mistakes.

BJ

It,s that old monkey on the back syndrome that Citeh fans have about anything regarding United,never have and never will recognise superiority............:thumbsup:

• Like 1

"There is no reason Guardiola has to touch the Leopard’s anal area by making Hart appear like he is the biggest problem at City" - an unusual ugandan phrase (used in this article 'Pep Guardiola need not embarrass a club legend') ;-)
http://www.observer.ug/sports/46018-pep-guardiola-need-not-embarrass-a-club-legend

Wifi fixed, found the Steau game on YouTube. What a great performance, really enjoyed it. Nolito left me cold vs Sunderland but he was impressive in this game. Nice to see silva play a 90 for a change, looks like he's enjoying it. City's 4th goal - pick of the bunch.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 7:55 AM, carmine said:

The stats you have shown are more relative to the defence that the keeper has infront of him.

De Gea is way better, and frankly i don't see where the argument is. I can only presume its a City/Utd thing.  With the possible exception of Neuer i can't think of anyone better

As I said before, we had a particularly bad defence last year, so Hart was more exposed. It's nothing to do with Utd/City Carms, it's just I see Hart week in, week out and totally disagree with the comments about De Gea being in a different class.

Here's some more overall stats on last years overall performances from both players who played nearly the same amount of games and it has Hart way out in front of De Gea. I don't make these things up, although Hart does make mistakes like anyone else, I just see his overall performances.

http://www.squawka.com/players/joe-hart/stats#performance-score#manchester-city-(current)#english-barclays-premier-league#8#season-2015/2016#165#all-matches#1-38#by-match

De Gea stats.JPG

Joe Hart stats.JPG

• Like 1

See Sparky coming out and saying Hart's kicking isn't that bad. You can tell Hart, like many or most goalies, isn't great with his feet, he was poor having to kick long to the wings, but surely having to play the ball out short as Pep requires is learnable for most goalies - Willy was far better during the week with his feet. I still reckon it's not a footballing thing but a personality thing between Pep and Hart - Hart surely comes across as cocky and abrasive.

Think this article explains it nicely on Hart and Yaya
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37130356
"I don't want players to stay if they don't want," Guardiola said. "If they want to stay, stay and we will fight together." Guardiola added: "If he stays he will improve. He understands what we want from our goalkeeper.
"Maybe Joe will stay here and be a player who will fight with the other goalkeepers to convince me to play him. That is the way it is - nothing has changed."
Guardiola said he knew Hart's "value" and "talent", but that he had come to City to "play the way I like"."The first thing I am looking for from the goalkeeper is to save," said the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach."After that he has to be able to play with the ball. He has to be help us to create a good build-up. That is why I am here."

Yaya:
"I have a lot of respect for him. I know when he increases his intensity without the ball he will be part of the group - if he wants to stay."
Basically, Yaya if you're willing to graft we can use you but if not bye bye.

Jesus Navas starts in place of Nolito for City (Sagna out injured I think). Here's the rest:

Stoke: 
Given, Bardsley, Shawcross, Wollscheid, Pieters, Krkic, Imbula, Whelan, Arnautovic, Allen, Diouf

Subs: Muniesa, Adam, Walters, Cameron, Crouch, Haugaard, Sobhi

Man City: 
Caballero, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Stones, Kolarov, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Jesus Navas, Silva, Sterling, Aguero

Subs: Hart, Fernando, Nolito, Delph, Clichy, Iheanacho, Maffeo  

Referee: Mike Dean (Wirral) 

A very attacking team away from home from Pep again. ..not afraid to go for it is he.

4-1 away to Stoke. Love it. Not the perfect performance but hard to argue with that result.

What a player Nacho is and is going to be. So self assured for his age. Centre-back pairing looking good.

Navas the same...

Excellent 1st half; bit of a struggle 2nd half, all changed with Navas off/Nolito on and definitely with the Aguero off/Iheanacho on sub - what an impact by Nacho. The Sterling we thought we'd bought is the Sterling that's played the last 3; keep it up. Silva cruising through the games looking fitter than we've seen for quite a while. Navas drove me crazy and handicapped us. Another enjoyable game.

City u18s ran out comfortable 3-1 winners at Finch Farm thanks to a high-paced, dominant display against the Toffees.

Aro Muric continued in goal. Ahead of him, Colin Rosler [Uwe's kid] was right-back with Joel Latibeaudiere and Joe Coveney at centre-back and Tyreke Wilson on the left side of the defence.Ed Francis played in the defensive midfield role with Phil Foden and Matt Smith just in front of him. Luke Bolton and Jadon Sancho flanked Joe Hardy in the same attack as last week's draw with West Brom.

City youngster Enes Unal scored a hat-trick on his full Twente debut as the Eredivisie outfit beat Groningen 4-3 on the road. Unal joined Twente on loan from Manchester City after his work permit to play in England failed to come through. The 19-year-old joined the Dutch giants on a one-year loan.

In this age of recording Assists, who gets the assist for City's 4th goal: Iheanacho or Sterling?

Nacho dummies the through leaving nobody at home except for Shay Given and makes the opportunity, while Sterling collects the dummied ball and puts it on a plate for Nolitwo to score.

Iheanacho or Sterling?

One more game, then international break and then the derby at OT. Too early in the season for my liking but will be interesting to see how 2 new managers, only just getting their teams sorted will set up against each other. Jose has the advantage of knowing the Prem but surely he won't set up defensively at OT........will he?

On 8/18/2016 at 1:31 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

My kids asked me why were the Stoke fans booing Sterling. I thought about it but i couldn't answer their question.

Probably cos he was shit at the Euro's, surprised that someone who knows everything didn't know that ! :whistling:

On 8/19/2016 at 9:39 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine, I have no problem with people posting old tosh [which is why you're not on my 'ignore' ;-) ] but my comment was aimed at people who 'target' someone they dislike and people who just never know when enough is enough - I've now got 3 of those numpties on igbore, it's brilliant (cheers the the Mods' advice). And if anyone has had enough of my old tosh I've given the perfect advice in yesterday's post - use the brilliant 'ignore' feature.

Dislike !!!! how can i i dislike someone iv'e never even met ? pathetic comment :D

Edited by alfieconn

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

One more game, then international break and then the derby at OT. Too early in the season for my liking but will be interesting to see how 2 new managers, only just getting their teams sorted will set up against each other. Jose has the advantage of knowing the Prem but surely he won't set up defensively at OT........will he?

No......he will get too much stick from the fans if he ever tries this :thumbsup:

29 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Love that scooter! Bet you and the missus are the talk of the mooban.

^^Not looking forward to the derby - I hate the derby, always have, always will, way too stressful (though 1-6 helps distress).

Understandable at your age BB,but back in the dark Maine road days City fans judged their season as to how well they had done against United in those games,sad really,at least since the oil money came in your prominence in the league table has been galvanised somewhat..:whistling:

its only a game......not life and death   :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

While I was up in the boonies, I fitted the new city badge decals to scooter

new badge.jpg

BoJ

You must have been a mod in your misspent youth,bet you daren,t ride that thing past The Grapes on Norden Rd  :facepalm: you would get some stick   :cheesy: