Manchester City

mrbojangles

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Leicester and Spurs got great draws, Arsenal have the french derby match with PSG and the other teams are a dawdle, our group...hmmm.

Should be fun.

No easy draws BB....every game will be a battle...and Celtic if you saw them the other night looked terrible.

I bet they are not in the group stage...they will have a real go at you I hope!

Pep on his bromance with Kolorov:

“I know he is a left back, but how he played against Sunderland and against Bucharest, it is hard to find a centre back better than him,” said Guardiola ahead of Sunday’s game against West Ham.

“He’s strong in the air, he passes between the lines or long balls to the other side for the right winger, so he has absolutely everything to play in that postion.“I’m delighted. I spoke to (coaches) Mikel (Arteta) and Rodolfo (Borrell) and said ‘do you think he is able to play in that position?’“It is not easy to find a centre back with a left foot like him.“We are so convinced he has the quality to do that, to adjust.“He is really strong in the air, a good professional and he can play there. We have another option.”

Kolorov has certainly had a great start to the season and been very impressive but we've played Sunderland, Stoke and Steaua so he's not been greatly tested. I hope Pep has transformed him but I'm giving more time before I'm convinced (he's defending ability has not been impressive over the years to date).

Former Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has joined Chinese Super League side Hebei China Fortune.

City replaced Pellegrini, 62, with Pep Guardiola in June, despite the Chilean winning the Premier League in 2014.

Pellegrini joins fellow high profile coaches Sven-Goran Eriksson and Luis Felipe Scolari in China.

Hebei's squad contains Argentina's Ezequiel Lavezzi, former Arsenal forward Gervinho and ex-Chelsea youngster Gael Kakuta.

They sit fifth in the CSL, with seven games remaining.

Wonder if we'll be having a tie up with Hebei  as with have with clubs in several leagues round the world?

Man City kids HAMMER Liverpool 7-0

Manchester City u18s confirm why fans are so excited about the talent in the academy with a brilliant win over Liverpool.

It was another blue chip morning for Manchester City Academy as the u18s thrashed Liverpool 7-0.

The previously unbeaten Reds, who saw off Manchester United 2-1 in their last outing, could not cope with City's flair and dynamism, and the game was over by half time.

Phil Foden, Joe Hardy and sub Ian Carlo Poveda all grabbed braces while Luke Bolton was also on the scoresheet as the young Blues ran riot on Merseyside.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-news-liverpool-academy-11808511

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Man City kids HAMMER Liverpool 7-0

Manchester City u18s confirm why fans are so excited about the talent in the academy with a brilliant win over Liverpool.

It was another blue chip morning for Manchester City Academy as the u18s thrashed Liverpool 7-0.

The previously unbeaten Reds, who saw off Manchester United 2-1 in their last outing, could not cope with City's flair and dynamism, and the game was over by half time.

Phil Foden, Joe Hardy and sub Ian Carlo Poveda all grabbed braces while Luke Bolton was also on the scoresheet as the young Blues ran riot on Merseyside.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-news-liverpool-academy-11808511

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

U16s beat Burnley 6v0

Is it remotely possible that some of these youngsters will be given the chance in the Premiership  ;)

6 minutes ago, petermik said:

Is it remotely possible that some of these youngsters will be given the chance in the Premiership  ;)

I certainly hope so Peter and that is the vision of our owners which is why they spent so much money on investing in the new academy. These are the first breed coming through the new academy, so we will have to wait a couple or so years yet but it's looking promising

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I certainly hope so Peter and that is the vision of our owners which is why they spent so much money on investing in the new academy. These are the first breed coming through the new academy, so we will have to wait a couple or so years yet but it's looking promising

Time alone will tell..............maybe another Joe Hart will appear :D

sorry bout that......... a bit below the belt :cheesy:

23 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

Glad to hear your U18's are progressing slowly.

Meanwhile our U18 central defender was on the bench yesterday and will be featuring in the Premiership shortly. :D

3 of our academy players where in the squad against Steaua the other night. Maffeo started and Angelino came on later in the game. That's 2 already playing Cha,pions League football.

29 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

3 of our academy players where in the squad against Steaua the other night. Maffeo started and Angelino came on later in the game. That's 2 already playing Cha,pions League football.

Ah yes the two you nicked from Spain when they turned 16. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

A very special Club anniversary is marked today as former manager and captain Tony Book celebrates 50 years since he first joined City.

Booky or Skip joined City from Plymouth Argyle in 1966 for a fee of £17,000. 

Tony celebrates his 82nd birthday next week.

Still serving the club with his buddy Mike Summerbee (ex-Bredbury resident).

One of my favs over those years. Well done and thanks Skip!

Edited by Bredbury Blue