Manchester City

mrbojangles

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Another interesting read...

http://us.cnn.com/2016/09/08/football/manchester-transforming-city-and-the-city-sheikh-mansour-abu-dhabi-gundogan-iheanacho/index.html

Refers to:

Robin van Persie, Phil Neville, Andrew Cole and Darren Fletcher have opted to send their sons to the Etihad Campus instead of the Trafford Training Centre in recent years.

75% of the players in City's Football Academy itself are drawn from the Greater Manchester area.

So this elite development squad is not so good if you can't get any talent in from outside Manchester, 75% sounds high has Manchester got that much talent and when was the last player from Manchester to come through the ranks at city?

Think the article mentions Greater Manchester (United Kingdom's second-most populous urban area, with a population of 2.55 million) and not
Manchester (city and metropolitan borough) is relatively small and where Manchester City are based and where manchester united are not based.

I have no reason to doubt the writers 75% stat.

The last player from Manchester to come through the ranks at City would be Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin " Tosin" Adarabioyo.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

I was going to post this on the Financial Fair Play thread but its been closed and archived.

So it seems that FFP does protect the big clubs and prevents the lesser clubs from breaking the glass ceiling to join them - no doubt the intended purpose of FFP and as City fans suspected.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37307621

Financial Fair Play: Uefa regulations 'benefit football's biggest clubs'

Financial Fair Play (FFP) has created a bigger divide in football since its inception in 2012, according to economists at a university in Germany.

Their study says barriers to investors prove a "disadvantage to smaller clubs" and create less competition."Uefa Financial Fair Play didn't reduce inequality between clubs, but rather increased it further," said Professor Christoph Kaserer, from the Technical University of Munich.The study said FFP "solidifies existing hierarchies" as it does not allow financially weaker clubs to progress via means of investment.

Can see why the legality of FFP was challenged in the courts.

On September 5, 2016 at 8:25 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Manchester United and Man City combined XI: Our writers pick theirs and YOU can pick yours

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-man-city-combined-11842375#du_top

Here's mine. City 10 plus DeGea. 

Screenshot_2016-09-05-20-21-59.png

This needs a bump!!.  Wonderful, wonderful stuff from BB

Bit surprised Nev and MrEd didn

t jump on this or are they still curled up in stitches?

Ok, i'll start them off with Pogba and Shaw.......

Ok, just because its so glaringly obvious i'll throw in Eric Bailly too.....thats a given.....

Edited by carmine

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Another interesting read...

Refers to:

Robin van Persie, Phil Neville, Andrew Cole and Darren Fletcher have opted to send their sons to the Etihad Campus instead of the Trafford Training Centre in recent years.

75% of the players in City's Football Academy itself are drawn from the Greater Manchester area.

The ex-United players opted to send their sons to City,s campus was simply because they did not want them given special treatment at Carrington :thumbsup:

29 minutes ago, carmine said:

This needs a bump!!.  Wonderful, wonderful stuff from BB

Bit surprised Nev and MrEd didn

t jump on this or are they still curled up in stitches?

Ok, i'll start them off with Pogba and Shaw.......

Ok, just because its so glaringly obvious i'll throw in Eric Bailly too.....thats a given.....

Must be a bit dis concerning for City that they haven't got too many quality defensive midfielder's !

13 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Must be a bit dis concerning for City that they haven't got too many quality defensive midfielder's !

And only one inexperienced striker as back up to an injury prone Aguero.  Very surprised they didn't find cover for Bony before offloading him to Stoke.  Might prove costly tomorrow.

1 minute ago, carmine said:

Very surprised they didn't find cover for Bony before offloading him to Stoke.  Might prove costly tomorrow.

Keeping Bony wouldvé been more costly. He was actually a waste of a position and didn't put in any effort. I'm serious when I say we would have been better with 10 men than have him playing. He was a total waste of a pass

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Keeping Bony wouldvé been more costly. He was actually a waste of a position and didn't put in any effort. I'm serious when I say we would have been better with 10 men than have him playing. He was a total waste of a pass

That i understand but still surprising not to have gotten someone else in as Bony had been useless for ages

Just now, carmine said:

That i understand but still surprising not to have gotten someone else in as Bony had been useless for ages

I think Pep was hoping that between Aguero, Nolito and Iheanacho that would be enough with Gabriel Jesus joining us at xmas. We also have quite a few midfielders who can score as well

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think Pep was hoping that between Aguero, Nolito and Iheanacho that would be enough with Gabriel Jesus joining us at xmas. We also have quite a few midfielders who can score as well

Well you have to trust your manager don't you!! :D

Carmine regarding our forward situation. Yes we are concerned in fact we've been considered now for several seasons since Tevez left, Dzeko went off the boil, Jovetic was too lightweight, Balotelli talented but unreliable, so we've been relying on Aguero. Bony hasn't done it and we are all glad to see the back of him. Nacho looks a talent.

Apparently Pep is a fan of 2 widemen and a mobile forward and he reckons Nolito, Sterling, KdB, Silva and others can backup Aguero.

But yes personally I'm worried in case Aguero is out and I always look back at the season we had Tevez, Ageuro, Dzeko and Balotelli fighting for positions. Think that was the season we beat Spurs 1v5 and were Champions ;-)

38 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine the Barb, please give us your 11 players in their positions so we might have the benefit of discussing your selection. Waiting.

I"m not obsessed with other clubs. :thumbsup: Just loved your post and it deserved a bump.

Why, you weren't expecting anyone to take it seriously were you?!!

• Like 1

Are United skint or something? First they stop players giving away shirts and now today Jose says this

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho admits Man City won round one of derby preparations

Jose Mourinho has suggested Manchester United's post-international break travel arrangements to get his squad back home to prepare for the Old Trafford derby weren't as good as rivals City's.

Both camps had players on long haul duty in South America but while the penny-pinching Reds put their players on numerous flights across the world to bring them back to England, City had arranged to get their players back quickly on direct flights.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-rojo-11865124

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Are United skint or something? First they stop players giving away shirts and now today Jose says this

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho admits Man City won round one of derby preparations

Jose Mourinho has suggested Manchester United's post-international break travel arrangements to get his squad back home to prepare for the Old Trafford derby weren't as good as rivals City's.

Both camps had players on long haul duty in South America but while the penny-pinching Reds put their players on numerous flights across the world to bring them back to England, City had arranged to get their players back quickly on direct flights.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-rojo-11865124

Its all part of the mind games isn't it?  

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Possibly. But the question still stands. As Jose said, why did the City players who played in the same match get home a day earlier than United players did?

Maybe because City didn,t trust them to be out overnight on their own......:whistling:

58 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Possibly. But the question still stands. As Jose said, why did the City players who played in the same match get home a day earlier than United players did?

Probably because Messrs Rojo and Romero would not be in the 1st XI this week?

What a CRACKING game, like a cup game.

Thought we were fantastic first half. Contest in the 2nd half.

Who was reffing that game? Rooney or clatterberk?

Impressed with Otamendi, KdB, Silva, Kolorov, Fernandinho, Fernando and Nolito. Stones, Sagna, Iheanacho did enough. Sterling didn't turn up. Bravo had a nightmare and gave us a one goal handicap. Sane looks a strange one, seemed to be playing at halfspeed but he made Shaw nervous.

Very happy with that performance.

Can't wait for Truevisions rerun.