Manchester City

mrbojangles

Found the full Monchoengladbach game on Youtube - not great quality but good enough for me.
https://youtu.be/ngDXEwzIznQ

Aguero obviously gets the headlines but KdB ran the game. Really enjoyed our performance. Good to see Sterling bounce straight back after a disappointing Derby. Been impressed with the cameos seen of Sane...looks controlled and quality.

"Gareth Barry will make his 600th Premier League appearance when he plays for Everton on Saturday - at 35 years young, it's his 19th season in the League. Barry's immense contribution to City's rise is certainly not forgotten here and cannot be underestimated. Barry was brilliant for City as we won our first trophy in winning the FA Cup in 2010/11 and then the Premier League Championship a year later. Not only is he a Champion but a wonderful, hard working, tough intelligent player in the midfield engine room, it was a pleasure and a privilege to see him play in City's colours and it's a testament to his character that he is still cutting it at the top level."

It's taken us a long time to replace unsung hero Barry but Fernandinho has become that man.

Barry is on 599 appearances behind Bryan Gigg on 632 and Frankie on 609 so it's possible he could finish the season with the most appearances.

Watching him playing for Everton these past seasons, WITH the ball he looks better than ever.

Manchester u18s derby

Form of both teams: United’s youngster’s under new coach Kieran McKenna had scored 15 goals in the last three games.The home team, managed by Lee Carsley, remain unbeaten for the season and smashed Liverpool 7-0 recently in an unstoppable performance.

City WON 2v0, excellent victory, better team. Goals from Bolton and Phil Foden.

City's Jadon Sancho is the Ronaldho type who catches the eye but I really liked Foden.

For United, Chong catches the eye but mainly cause he also goes to fellaini's blind barber.

Colin Rosler was RB for City.

Two interesting incidents 2nd half.
1. ManUs big coloured no.5 (can't recall his name), not happy with a foul by a small City player, grabs him 2 handed round the throat. Ref bottled it and gave him a talk.
2. City's Joe Hardy on as a sub, chasing a long ball, got absolutely flattened by uniteds goalie, Hardy knocked out, major scuffle. Hardy recovered. Red goalie sent off. City goalie booked for running 60m to get involved. Feisty!

Good game.

CITY: Muric, Rosler, Latibeaudiere, Kigbu, Francis, Davenport, Bolton, Dele-Bashiru, Gonzalez, Foden, Sancho 

UNITED: Sebtaoui, Tanner, Kenyon, O’Connor, Williams, Whelan, Chong, Buffonge, Burkhart, Gomes, Boonen 

City rubber dubs today: Caballero, Stones, Kompany, Zabaleta, Sane, Navas, A Garcia.

Silva out with minor injury. Not sure about Delph and Fernando. Unless they're injured, Pep seems to have pushed academy kid Aleix Garcia ahead of them

No Yaya. Seems to have disappeared down the same hole as Pogba's form.

Well that was enjoyable, though not as good as the United whooping or Monchoengladbach game.

Think we really missed Silva, Gundogan struggled (2 games was too much for him after his layoff) and all invention was left to KdB who easily deserved his MoM.

Some excellent goals. How cheeky was KdBs grubber under the jumping wall...mugs. Iheanacho's finish was a true goalscorers finish...cleverly sorted out his feet. The 3rd for Sterling was a brilliant break from defending a corner. Gundogan's 4th was the perfect team goal orchestrated by KdB.

Thought new boy Kolorov - what a free signing he's been - was rock solid and a shout for MoM.

Stupidity from Nolito to get sent off, wasn't much in it but you do that head movement and you risk a red.

For those Spurs fans, nice to see Aleix Garcia, 19, come on for his Premier League debut. He looks well at ease with the ball. ;-)

Interesting improvement:

City "have completed more passes than any other Premier League side (2,945) and have the highest average possession (61 per cent). Perhaps the most telling advancement, though, is the distance City players are covering. During the 4-1 win away at Stoke City earlier this month, City ran 10 kilometres further than they did in the corresponding fixture last season, which ended with a disastrous 2-0 defeat that flattered them.Overall, they have run 570.7 kilometres in their five Premier League games, the second-highest behind only Liverpool.By comparison, after the first five games of last season - the best run of form in Pellegrini’s final year in charge - City ran 532.3 kilometres, putting them 16th on the distance-covered list."

On September 18, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Pep, having a go at ManU? "Bournemouth are the best side we have faced this season. [Everyone else] just used the long ball."

Is it having a go to say it as it is?  I think he's factually correct.  

Good on Pep, that Seluk deserves a mouthful:-

Guardiola says Toure will not play again for Man City until he get apology from agent

Yaya Toure has been made an outcast at Manchester City - until he apologises for the actions of his agent. Pep Guardiola today made it plain that the Blues great will NOT play again for the Blues until he says sorry to the club for Dmitri Seluk's outburst earlier this month.

Seluk claimed Guardiola had "humiliated" Toure by leaving him out of the Champions League squad and said he hoped that if City did not win the trophy, the manager would "have the balls" to admit he was wrong.

But Guardiola has responded by telling Toure he will not play again until the club, players and manager all receive an apology.

Toure has been back in training this week after missing three days last week with a migraine - and tomorrow night's EFL Cup tie at Swansea looked like an ideal opportunity for him to play.

The player, whose City contract expires next summer, also announced his retirement from international football today. But then Guardiola dropped his bombshell, saying: “It was so difficult for me to put him out of the Champions League. I know him, he is a good guy, but it was also difficult for me to leave out Aleix Garcia. “Those two guys are out because the list is the list. But the day after, his agent spoke. In that moment, Yaya is out, unless Mr Dmitri Seluk comes back in the press, or with his friends in the media."

“He has not had the courage to call me, or go in the media and say he apologises to Manchester City, secondly to his teammates and to the trainer. When that happens, Yaya will be part of the group and will have the same chance to play in the games. I cannot accept as a coach that every agent, when I don't play his player, goes to the media and speaks and speaks and speaks. I know how much Dmitri Seluk loves Yaya Toure. If he loves him, show him and make an apology to Manchester City."

“I cant imagine when I was a football player my agent going to the media and speaking against Johan Cruyff. Maybe it's a new era, things changing, but I am an old guy. I have my job, an agent has his job, and a player has his job. Today, agents believe they are more than they are. If they have a problem with Txiki Begiristain or the club, they can talk. But if he doesn't speak, Yaya Toure is not going to play.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-team-toure-guardiola-11911775

59 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

To be honest Santi, I'm not seeing much of a struggle. Pep is the boss and he has made it absolutely clear.

Agreed, its not a power struggle.  Simply Pep putting another gobshite agent in his place.  Now its up to Toure to tell his agent to make the apology and then assure his manager he knew nothing about this.

At the age of 33yo no player is going to be guaranteed a CL squad place and Guardiola , in not selecting him might well have been envisaging needing younger legs further into the season.

I found Guardiola's section to Seluk very refreshing.

Edited by carmine

Just now, carmine said:

At the age of 33yo no player is going to be guaranteed a CL squad place and Guardiola , in not selecting him might well have been envisaging needing younger legs further into the season

It would have been interesting if we had kept Hart. Pep would have been able to pick one more johnny foreigner then. Wonder if he would have picked young Garcia instead of Yaya. I think he would and that would have been a proper kick in the teeth

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Agreed, its not a power struggle.  Simply Pep putting another gobshite agent in his place.  Now its up to Toure to tell his agent to make the apology and then assure his manager he knew nothing about this.

At the age of 33yo no player is going to be guaranteed a CL squad place and Guardiola , in not selecting him might well have been envisaging needing younger legs further into the season.

I found Guardiola's section to Seluk very refreshing.

Don't be silly, his agent has engineered a lucrative January move for his client, from which he no doubt will trouser a pocket-bursting wad.