Manchester City

mrbojangles

13 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

How about Spurs cutting their admission prices in half when the new stadium becomes operational!?

When I was watching virtually every game at WHL in the 1960s it didn't cost an arm and leg to get through the turn styles.

Its not a "Spurs thing!!"  Its a "prices have rocketed these last few years" thing.  It isn't a "last couple of seasons thing".  Many, what i would class as real fans just can't afford it anymore.  

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Its not a "Spurs thing!!"  Its a "prices have rocketed these last few years" thing.  It isn't a "last couple of seasons thing".  Many, what i would class as real fans just can't afford it anymore.  

Read my post above. Prices are lower now than in 2013.

However, Arsenal are most expensive, Spurs 2nd and Chelsea 3rd so maybe it's a London thing

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

does anyone know a free livestream internet address to watch the game tonight.  thank you anyone.

firstrowsportes.com -  Don't use G Chrome use another browser (something to do with 'flash player').

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You can't go back 60 year OSA. Carms was blaming oiligarks and arabs for making it too expensive, they weren't around then. Also, standing was allowed then. All stadiums reduced capacity after the all seating came into force

Of course we can't go back 60 years (although I'd like to). There were plenty of wealthy people in football back in Spurs glory time. The average attendences were up in the 50ks. Everton v Burnley one Easter 73k, Chelsea v Spurs; 67k.

Back then the bulk of a club's revenue came from the money at the turn styles. For a big club now, gate money is in third place.

I had a couple of pals who played First Div' footy. (I played myself as semi-pro when I came out of the Army.) Money did not go to the footballers as it does now.They had a few bob but were by no means wealthy.

I personally think it is disgraceful that prices are as high as they are. Shame on you Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea.

Edited by owl sees all

Prices are actually quite reasonable for some games selling at £20 at Wembley this season.

I guess some of you haven't been to a game for a while.

I can't recall a game I couldn't get into for £40 at home to watch Tottenham.

Sure the better seats are much more but that's the same for all clubs....no way are we worse than the others who have to turn a balance sheet.

The bankrolled clubs can charge whatever they like and score cheap political points.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

does anyone know a free livestream internet address to watch the game tonight.  thank you anyone.

Steven; I think I told you wrong with the .com; could be eu.com.

Just plug in firstrowsports or firstrowsportes and see what you get. They do change now and again  I use one of them every week. 

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

A couple of the Chelsea posters tried to explain to me that "i didn't understand" when Jose sold De Bruyne for buttons and i didn't understand the "bigger picture." Well guess what!!   I still don't.  I also can't fathom how Jose couldn't get zip out of a truly world class player.  A player that actually because world class moments after leaving Chelsea it seems becoming Bundesliga player of the year.  

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

A couple of the Chelsea posters tried to explain to me that "i didn't understand" when Jose sold De Bruyne for buttons and i didn't understand the "bigger picture." Well guess what!!   I still don't.  I also can't fathom how Jose couldn't get zip out of a truly world class player.  A player that actually because world class moments after leaving Chelsea it seems becoming Bundesliga player of the year.  

I remember the conversation Carms and I didn't get it either.

20 minutes ago, balo said:

2-0 would have been a more fair result.  :smile:

But who cares really . 

I went to bed when the 4th goal went in.

Their finishing was as bad as our final ball and it could have been so much more embarrassing.

The only positive is the response in the early second half where we were unfortunate not to score.

City though are a top and on form side right now.

Virtually unbeatable.

I enjoyed that. Thought we were excellent again.

Was worried to go in to the game without Silva but Gundogan was excellent.

KDB  and Sane really caught the eye - bet Trippier will have nightmares all week of Sane strolling past him. 

Ali's dangerous lunge on kdb was awful and i'm still pissed off he wasn't sent off...petulant fecker.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ali's dangerous lunge on kdb was awful and i'm still pissed off he wasn't sent off...petulant fecker.

Oh yeah. I'd forgot about that and it seems Ronnie is doing a Mourinho by deflecting the conversation to the penalty instead of that dirty git. Tricky Ronnie, very tricky

City put the London pretenders to the sword with considerable aplome.

Is there not a club in England that can stop The Citizens?  They are very well placed for a EPL record-breaking year. New standards set already; more to come I'm sure.

Alli needs to take stock. I don't think he should be even in the team. Is he on something? Just awful

A few things I picked up as I trawled t'internet:

"Ederson completed more passes (26) than both Christian Eriksen (24) and Dele Alli (17) during Man City 4-1 Spurs today."...can that be correct, midfield players with less than 30 passes?

"Mauricio Pochettino has been at Spurs for more than three-and-a-half years. In that time, the Argentine has spent just six days at the summit of the Premier League"..I feel that spurs were at their peak these past 2 seasons and now we're witnessing a falling away.

"City are the first team since Wolves in 1953-54 to beat Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham in the league before Christmas"

"City's next three Premier League games: Bournemouth (h), Newcastle (a), Crystal Palace (a)."

Best for last:
"Disappointing from Spurs, but they remain a really exciting mid-table prospect."