Manchester City

mrbojangles

24 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I reckon we could have had them before Mane was sent off, we were looking alright to that point. 

Lolking forward to the return leg

We will never know Bob but we were 1-0 up before Mane got sent off. In other words, we were winning when you had 11 men on the pitch

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

We will never know Bob but we were 1-0 up before Mane got sent off. In other words, we were winning when you had 11 men on the pitch

You might have been one nil up but we were stretching you, and creating opportunity.

We've only lost 2, it's the 7 draws that we should have won that is killing us, but we have a 12 match unbeaten run, scored as many away goals as you and were going to beat you at Anfield :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Anfield..our bogey ground.

Let's hope there is no daft decisions and we get to enjoy a cracking match. I expect we will.

And hopefully come through the Christmas period without injury to enjoy full strength sides.

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Unbelievable that you point that finger at Pep. Every manager has a cheque book and it's what you do with it that counts and how you improve your players once you have them. Your making it sound like he is merely buying the players and that's it, instead of crediting him with coaching them and playing in a way they have never played before. 

Rafa Benitez was given lose change at Newcastle...:biggrin:

I'm not a racing driver but I'm pretty sure I could drive a M3 E92 faster round Silverstone than an Hillman Imp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

I'm not a racing driver but I'm pretty sure I could drive a M3 E92 faster round Silverstone than an Hillman Imp

Depends who is driving the Hillman Imp Bob. Do you remember this crazy German woman (Sabine Schmitz) on Top Gear trying to beat Jeremy Clarkson's lap time of just under 10 minutes round the Nurburgring. He did it in a Jag and she was driving a diesel Transit van

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Unbelievable that you point that finger at Pep. Every manager has a cheque book and it's what you do with it that counts and how you improve your players once you have them. Your making it sound like he is merely buying the players and that's it, instead of crediting him with coaching them and playing in a way they have never played before. 

Carmine is never going to be convinced about Pep MrB. Carms was vocal about Pep being less than a great manager way long before Pep arrived at City. It seems an obsession. Carms' wife must fancy Pep I reckon.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Carms lives with his mum I heard. She buys him Shoot if he cleans his teeth everyday.

Feeling brave this week I see BB....I always preferred Match myself midweek before nutting a stinking poor northern muppet on a Saturday.

22 minutes ago, wilai said:

Nearly as much as the missus!:biggrin:

Here's how much Pep Guardiola has spent in transfer fees over his managerial career:

£340m at Barcelona

£174m at Bayern Munich

£410m at Manchester City

Total = £924m

And i have to put up with this waffle on here about him not being a checkbook manager!!!

Well if he's not then those figures must be lies.  But of course they're not.

Edited by carmine

19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I pointed the finger at Pep because we were discussing Pep.  Doesn't mean for one moment i'm suggesting he's the only checkbook manager.  And as for the credit, i've praised him quite enough already,  as is plain to see.

Every manager has a checkbook, well of course they do.  Point is, how much is in the bank account to spend!!!!   

It seems its just not good enough for City fans to be acknowledged as the best team playing the best football under a manager thats one of the best in the world.  All of this i've said and thats quite enough.  I still remember BB's ridiculous tirade about us not acknowledging Silva as the greatest this or the greatest that!!  What was that all about?  We acknowledged him as a world class player but that wasn't good enough!!  You couldn't make this up!!  Exactly how much praise is enough?

16 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Depends who is driving the Hillman Imp Bob. Do you remember this crazy German woman (Sabine Schmitz) on Top Gear trying to beat Jeremy Clarkson's lap time of just under 10 minutes round the Nurburgring. He did it in a Jag and she was driving a diesel Transit van

I do remember that episode and it was very entertaining, but it my point was if I was driving both those vehicles one would be faster than the other, same driver.

Rafa Benítez has won major honours for big clubs yet when given no funds at Newcastle he too struggles like any manager would. 

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Rafa Benítez has won major honours for big clubs yet when given no funds at Newcastle he too struggles like any manager would. 

We are pushing at the same open door Bob. Of course every manager needs backing from his club to open the cheque book and buy players. That's why I don't understand Carms calling Pep a cheque book manager.

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We are pushing at the same open door Bob. Of course every manager needs backing from his club to open the cheque book and buy players. That's why I don't understand Carms calling Pep a cheque book manager.

Yes and for the umpteenth time no ones questioning the need for funds.  Its about disproportionate levels of funding.  

37 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes and for the umpteenth time no ones questioning the need for funds.  Its about disproportionate levels of funding.  

Ah. So it's about us having more than you. Gotchya. 

But you still don't answer my question about the unfairness Spurs have on all of the clubs who don't have as much as you do. Stop whinging about the money Carms, your the 12th richest club in the world, your not skint, financially better off than the majority of clubs in the world and could spend more if your tight ass owner wanted to.

• Like 1

Well that was a bit exciting.  Even had Pep dancing at the end.

Man City XI: Bravo; Danilo, Adarabioyo, Mangala, Zinchenko; Gundogan, Touré, Foden; Bernardo, Jesus, Brahim

Substitutes: Ederson, Walker, Delph, Duhaney, Dele-Bashiru, Sané, Nmecha

9 changes in the starting 11 from Saturday...

City had the 1st half. Leicester the 2nd.

Game changed by Leicester bringing on 3 first choice players (Vardy, mahrez and gray) ..they were then better.

1v1 finished. Penalties. Loved vardy missing. Mahrez penalty was terrible; well done Bravo (City beat Wolves earlier round on penalties and Bravo saved two). Zinchenko would have took the next penalty

But when are City going to produce any kids?

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

That was the first City match I have missed all season. The extra 4 hours difference between Thailand and Saudi is a nightmare for the late kick off's. I couldn't keep awake, so went to bed. I don my cap to those who live in Thailand and watch the matches at those times. Maybe I should have gone to bed early and got up for it instead of trying to punch through the tiredness

44 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

That was the first City match I have missed all season. The extra 4 hours difference between Thailand and Saudi is a nightmare for the late kick off's. I couldn't keep awake, so went to bed. I don my cap to those who live in Thailand and watch the matches at those times. Maybe I should have gone to bed early and got up for it instead of trying to punch through the tiredness

Becomes part of the day/night routine after a while. Bed at 8pm up at 2:30am:sleepy:

Shame on you mrb, even my wife got up to watch it!

Actually as usual I went to bed at 8pm, alarm went of at 2.30am but for the first time ever I fell back asleep and woke in the 25th minute. I watched on Sky via ilikehd (home tomorrow) and the wife watched at home on Thai ch9. She filled me in on what I'd missed..apparently we dominated the early stages with 80%. Good cup tie.

Gundogan was the best player on the pitch and was very decent. Jesus worked really hard. Banana Silva was decent. Tosin and Zinchenko had decent games (attacking midfielder stood in well for Delph and handled Albrighton and Mahrez well plus he looked good linking up with the forwards). Diaz had a good 1st half only. Foden was decent but nothing special. Shame Mangala had to go off with a bloody nose (broken?); Danilo moved from RB to CB and walker came on.

A really soft penalty. Bobby Madeley sent Walker off vs Everton and awarded a penalty against walker here.

Check out the most excited I've seen Pep

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/12/19/watch-pep-guardiola-drums-along-with-weve-got-guardiola-after-citys-win-over-leicester/

Edited by mrbojangles
Fixed link
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Shame on you mrb, even my wife got up to watch it!

Actually as usual I went to bed at 8pm

Really difficult going to bed at that time when on holiday. My head is still in Saudi time, so for me that would be like going to bed at 4 in the afternoon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Entertaining to see so many youngsters get a shot and play well. And a nice victory despite the infuriating late penalty given for a dive.

I would not have stayed up for that in BKK. Lucky enough to caught it early in Amsterdam.

44 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Entertaining to see so many youngsters get a shot and play well. And a nice victory despite the infuriating late penalty given for a dive.

I would not have stayed up for that in BKK. Lucky enough to caught it early in Amsterdam.

When are ya coming back Jellybean?