Manchester City

mrbojangles

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Glass houses mate. Glass houses like

Remind me again about those net spend figures. 18m versus 492m

Hardly a glass houses situation.

I imagine being a city fan is like winning the lottery. Feeling very lucky but knowing you never worked for it. That surely is not a good tasting victory. You want to see a real hard fought battle based on a will to win?

Tune into the CL final later this month

Balotelli and Yaya have been excellent penalty takers for us in recent years. I'm not happy with our current takers Aguero and Jesus who aren't convincing.  Gundogan looks decent but doesn't play every game.

So I'd be happy to give Ederson a go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Hardly a glass houses situation.

I imagine being a city fan is like winning the lottery. Feeling very lucky but knowing you never worked for it. That surely is not a good tasting victory. You want to see a real hard fought battle based on a will to win?

Tune into the CL final later this month

18m versus 492m.

Zero Premiers versus THREE Premiers.

Who's the happier? City!

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

I obviously don't need to as it is tattooed on the inside of your eye lids.

The point is, you start throwing out comments about us spending big, when you do the same. I don't care one iota about net spend. Net spend figures just suit your own view, which is fine if your a selling club. My perception is not to sell our best players for maximum profit but to get the most of them on the pitch. Like Yaya for instance. Bought about 8 years ago, won 3 prem titles and now let go. We got the best out of him and probably could have profited along the way. Each club as it's own strategy

10 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Not that I want to join this debate but our whole backline and keeper cost, 87M, yours was 280M+

...but the difference between our purchases is that you're not happy with that whole backline and keeper you bought are you whereas we're more than happy.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...but the difference between our purchases is that you're not happy with that whole backline and keeper you bought are you whereas we're more than happy.

You just sit back and watch the CL final and be quiet eh laddie?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You just sit back and watch the CL final and be quiet eh laddie?

...and next year in the Premier I expect liverpool will perform same as in recent seasons: up for the big games but lack consistency for a challenge. It'll be City vs ManU again. If you disagree stick your prediction down.

Bravo is your number 2 your defence is shaky at best and needs a major job on it.  We spent 75m on 1 lad and no one can say that was not well spent although I think we overpaid due to the shambles earlier. Cannot believe your saying your happy with your defence.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...and next year in the Premier I expect liverpool will perform same as in recent seasons: up for the big games but lack consistency for a challenge. It'll be City vs ManU again. If you disagree stick your prediction down.

If we get 4 lads in I'll be up for lifting the title.  Keita is in. That neves could be a good addition and a replacement for klavan and maybe we could get Toure to do a job I mean if he fancies really challenging for the champions league like

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Bravo is your number 2 your defence is shaky at best and needs a major job on it.  We spent 75m on 1 lad and no one can say that was not well spent although I think we overpaid due to the shambles earlier. Cannot believe your saying your happy with your defence.

I'd be amazed if Bravo is our no. 2 or even with us next season.

Our shaky defence has let in the least goals this season during which we played virtually the whole season without our only leftback. Even our so called weakest link Otamendi improved greatly. Not too worried about our defence.

Can you say the same about Liverpool's defence - doubt it. Rookie fullbacks. Only one CB worth keeping. Two dodgy goalkeepers. 

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Cannot believe your saying your happy with your defence.

You do know that even with our attacking style scoring 105 goals (new record BTW :tongue:) leaving our defence exposed, we have still let in the lowest goals of all the teams in the prem don't you? Only United with their park the bus tactics come close. 

11 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

If we get 4 lads in I'll be up for lifting the title.  Keita is in. That neves could be a good addition and a replacement for klavan and maybe we could get Toure to do a job I mean if he fancies really challenging for the champions league like

"If we get 4 lads in".

<deleted> hell thats almost a third of your team!

Bloody hell if we get 4 lads in it'll be over before Pancake Tuesday next season. :smile:

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The difference is 193M 

46 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You’ve no idea what your are talking about sometimes...and especially if you think Liverpool performed the same in recent seasons and that we will not strengthen in the summer. 

You really think you are going to cake walk again next season? 

50 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You do know that even with our attacking style scoring 105 goals (new record BTW :tongue:) leaving our defence exposed, we have still let in the lowest goals of all the teams in the prem don't you? Only United with their park the bus tactics come close. 

How's your record in the CL pal?

What's that? Nowt like

Just now, Rc2702 said:

How's your record in the CL pal?

What's that? Nowt like

I must admit, it's getting really hard not to cheer for RM

Anyhow. Closer to home. How's your record in the Premier pal? What's that? Nowt like

"If we get 4 lads in".

<deleted> hell thats almost a third of your team!

Bloody hell if we get 4 lads in it'll be over before Pancake Tuesday next season. :smile:

Keita is in. We need to replace Klavan and given we are the team who have made some massive strides this year I'm sure a couple more quality players will be easy to get. I mean we are on the cusp of lifting the champions league again like. 

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

You’ve no idea what your are talking about sometimes...and especially if you think Liverpool performed the same in recent seasons and that we will not strengthen in the summer. 

You really think you are going to cake walk again next season? 

It will not be a cake walk and we all know only 2 teams have retained it but we will be there or thereabouts. I don't think you will. You've been there or thereabouts how many times in say the past decade; once. I don't see any reason to think there'll be a change. 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Bottom line we have had a turbulent decade and your only a badgers cuntinhos hair ahead of us. Lol

A decade? Double that more like. In the Premier you've been nowhere near apart from the Stevie G slip. Why is that - seriously - why did the mighty liverpool winning season after season fizzle out? Interested to know your (non)scouse opinions on that?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

21 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

A decade? Double that more like. In the Premier you've been nowhere near apart from the Stevie G slip. Why is that - seriously - why did the mighty liverpool winning season after season fizzle out? Interested to know your (non)scouse opinions on that?

Listen bareback I'm not one to dwell in the past too much but if I did the facts are plain to see there is a hell of a lot more guts and glory in our history than pain or in your case expected mediocrity.