Manchester City

mrbojangles

10 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

my confidence in this team has rocketed and that's what makes us such a tasty prospect next season.

With that I agree. Liverpool are looking great at the moment and with a few tweaks..who knows what next season will hold. What I don't like, is you coming in here trying to taunt us. Some of the other Liverpool fans come in and have a bit of banter but your posts are purely to taunt. I'm ok with that cos I can give as good as I get but you haven't won anything yet and are really setting yourself up. Upto you like

Edit: P.S. I lived in Liverpool for quite a while and used to go and watch them. Who knows. Maybe I've been to see them more than you

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

With that I agree. Liverpool are looking great at the moment and with a few tweaks..who knows what next season will hold. What I don't like, is you coming in here trying to taunt us. Some of the other Liverpool fans come in and have a bit of banter but your posts are purely to taunt. I'm ok with that cos I can give as good as I get but you haven't won anything yet and are really setting yourself up. Upto you like

Edit: P.S. I lived in Liverpool for quite a while and used to go and watch them. Maybe been to see them more than you

Err yh but your man there has been doing the rounds too. Boing boing on everyone that lad has gone to town he's rubbing it in like an Arab parking a Ferrari in the middle of London with scant regard for parking fines. The guys out of control like and even you are claiming luck played a major part in our demolition H/A job and to top it off guardiola is trying to give it some about POY. So you gotta expect a few bottles to get lobbed your way.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Err yh but your man there has been doing the rounds too. Boing boing on everyone that lad has gone to town he's rubbing it in like an Arab parking a Ferrari in the middle of London with scant regard for parking fines. The guys out of control like and even you are claiming luck played a major part in our demolition H/A job and to top it off guardiola is trying to give it some about POY. So you gotta expect a few bottles to get lobbed your way.

That wasn't you chucking bottles at City's coach at Anfield, was it? Disgraceful!

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

and to top it off guardiola is trying to give it some about POY. 

Come on man. He was just stating his opinion about one of his own players. It's all about opinions and FWIW, although Salah is a fantastic player and had a fantastic season, personally I think De Bruyne should have won it as well. But hey ho, he didn't so we move on

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Ok bare back but the league is not the ultimate goal is it? Not in the eyes of the board. That kind of wonga is not being spent for just domestic success. The truth is you have a big leg up and you are not on the right track. The chelsea 10 year plan was successful but yours I do not think is. Just speaking from an executive members standpoint like.

<deleted>, you are THE MOST persistent windup merchant on here aren't you. Even without winning something you're cocky, lord help us if/when you win.

Can't speak for City's management but winning the 38 game 9 month endurance that is the Premier League over chumps like you makes me happier than winning the CL knockout cup against teams I have no beef with.

You may win your 90 minutes knockout game vs Real Madrid, but I repeat my earlier comment from this week, that I don't see any change in Liverpool's league performance next season and your 30 year drought will go on. Fergie knocked your lot well and truly of their League perch didn't he!

On 12/05/2018 at 8:09 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

But why is that - seriously - why did the mighty liverpool, winning season after season, fizzle out? Interested to know your (non)scouse opinions on that?

Still waiting for your answer R2D2, no more avoidance please.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

<deleted>, you are THE MOST persistent windup merchant on here aren't you. Even without winning something you're cocky, lord help us if/when you win.

Can't speak for City's management but winning the 38 game 9 month endurance that is the Premier League over chumps like you makes me happier than winning the CL knockout cup against teams I have no beef with.

You may win your 90 minutes knockout game vs Real Madrid, but I repeat my earlier comment from this week, that I don't see any change in Liverpool's league performance next season and your 30 year drought will go on. Fergie knocked your lot well and truly of their League perch didn't he!

Fergie done a job but that's one manager in one period. History shows you that our club has been the best club in England since football was invented. From Ian st John banging in the winner in 1965 fa to 2005 when we lifted the CL against all odds. Splattered throughout that 50 year period we have donned it. Things may still be eluding us but we still donned it and we donned you home and away and if we win the CL again for a 2nd time in 13 years after only competing for it a matter of 4-5 times over that period.  Well, it's obvious lfc is a bit special.

That's the difference between our two teams right there in that Abu Dhabi marketing campaign disguised as a news story.

We are a football club bareback and entwined in our recent and long history in football are the footballers and managers who have played/managed for us. I'm pretty sure that one football player for city was named in that whole article. Dennis tueart?  If recall name correctly, a player I'm pretty sure is from pre 1980, basically at least 40 years ago. I recall from that article 3 Arabs mentioned. The sheikh, a developer Al fahim and his successor Al mubrak. 

Our story is a much better one but it would be easy to point to all the past glories of yesteryear so I'll stick to the last 13 years. You cannot write about Liverpool's history without highlighting some great players, some great efforts and of course some great finals and the slip. All the talk on that article is the business end of football and the lengths taken to ensure that investment is not lost.

The truth is that article is saying what everyone else says about your outfit. Your buying the trophies and that is why the only player mentioned for city in that article was a throwback from 40 years ago.

That article just rips the soul out of football.

I know this hit the spot.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

entwined in our recent and long history in football are the footballers and managers who have played/managed for us.

You can go on all night about your history (by the way we were formed before Liverpool so our history is longer) but you need to stop living in the past and your current team needs to start making it's own history

22 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You can go on all night about your history (by the way we were formed before Liverpool so our history is longer) but you need to stop living in the past and your current team needs to start making it's own history

Mate you could highlight your achievements on a matchbox. Your history is best described as bleak, at best. 

39 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

One of the 12 founders? No, to Liverpool or City. A couple of Jonny Come Lateleys.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Mate you could highlight your achievements on a matchbox. Your history is best described as bleak, at best. 

All irrelevant my friend. I've lived through the miserable years and enjoying the now. The enjoyment of watching us win stuff now is far better than remembering what your granddad watched

2 minutes ago, champers said:

One of the 12 founders? 

That's history right there. Indeed that is something to be proud of. With Stoke and WBA going down, of the 12 is there only Everton still in the top flight? Can't remember all 12 clubs

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

That's history right there. Indeed that is something to be proud of. With Stoke and WBA going down, of the 12 is there only Everton still in the top flight? Can't remember all 12 clubs

Fair few midland clubs in there. The villa scum being one and. Preston were in there.

14 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Mm mm. Let me think.......do I know anybody who fits that bill !!!

Oh dear, you City folk have because very insecure and precious!!  

Were you aware that you two are really the only ones that keep barking on about Pep's cheque book.  Everyone else just accepts it for what it is.  You've become a little repetitive and boring.  Surely theres something else to moan about?  Biased ref....poor decisions....not given the respect we deserve...no one gives us enough praise....

Edited by carmine

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Still waiting for your answer R2D2, no more avoidance please.

R2D2. The question was

"But why is that - seriously - why did the mighty liverpool, winning season after season, fizzle out? Interested to know your (non)scouse opinions on that?"

You were criticising carmine for not answering questions set by you but you (and your Liverpool buddies on here) haven't answered this question. You don't know your Liverpool history la or what?

39 minutes ago, carmine said:

Were you aware that you two are really the only ones that keep barking on about Pep's cheque book.  Everyone else just accepts it for what it is.  You've become a little repetitive and boring.  Surely theres something else to moan about?  Biased ref....poor decisions....not given the respect we deserve...no one gives us enough praise....

Interesting that YOU commented carmine. 

Here's the thing. It's guaranteed that a liverpool or a spurs fan will raise money on here. We only respond to the constant money comments on here. Big difference. 

1 hour ago, carmine said:

I merely responded to a comment from an article Carms. Don't know why you've gone off on one.

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I merely responded to a comment from an article Carms. Don't know why you've gone off on one.

Haha, i didn't go off on one, was just making the point that its only you and BB that still bring up Pep and his cheque.  As far as i was concerned we'd all agreed to disagree and the importance of the big spending but agree that he was a very fine manager.  Funnily, another point that neither of you wish to accept.  We've been praising him quite a few times but it tends to fall on deaf City ears.

I only tangible difference in opinion is based on City fans have a differing opinion as to the importance of the money he spends as compared to others.

Edited by carmine

13 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Thought i might get an answer to my question :saai:

Anyway breaking news is that the City Physio has also been given a medal as he was on the pitch longer than Foden !

What about the mascot, oh, and the ballboys?

Edited by champers