Manchester City

mrbojangles

12 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Fines and possible expulsion equals wrongdoing.

You struck a deal and moved on....how it looks to everyone else chaps!

Do you not read whats been posted. Eufa accuse City, City had grounds for disagreeing. City weighed it up and thought the outcome of objecting and beating the system wasnt worth appealing so struck a deal with eufa. 

Lucky we have the FACTS out tgere in internetland isnt it for people out there who jump to wrong conclusions.

14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Do you not read whats been posted. Eufa accuse City, City had grounds for disagreeing. City weighed it up and thought the outcome of objecting and beating the system wasnt worth appealing so struck a deal with eufa. 

Lucky we have the FACTS out tgere in internetland isnt it for people out there who jump to wrong conclusions.

You struck a deal just like I said...well done for spotting that. ?

Oh look the pub is open...hi ho hi ho...!!

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You struck a deal just like I said...well done for spotting that. ?

Oh look the pub is open...hi ho hi ho...!!

Exactly, it was a deal. If eufa was 100% right it wouldn't  have been a deal would  it.

I can't compete with Bob's "I'm in a dacha drinking meths yadda yadda" the other day, but I'm sat on my bedroom balcony, lovely sunset, drinking champagne on the wife's  birthday, so enjoy your babysham in the pub ?

28 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Exactly, it was a deal. If eufa was 100% right it wouldn't  have been a deal would  it.

I can't compete with Bob's "I'm in a dacha drinking meths yadda yadda" the other day, but I'm sat on my bedroom balcony, lovely sunset, drinking champagne on the wife's  birthday, so enjoy your babysham in the pub ?

Its Babycham.

Anyway I suspect my handpulled craft beer may have notes of grapefruit on the finish.

Should have packed my kite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its Babycham.

Anyway I suspect my handpulled craft beer may have notes of grapefruit on the finish.

Should have packed my kite.

Oy keep it clean young man. No flying your kite in the pub!

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Haha 1

Can I just butt in here for a minute.

I play in the Thai Visa Fantasy League which I know some of you do as well.

But here is the dilema.

How do you pick a midfield when you know if you pick City players they may not play?

There are so many stars in the attacking midfield they can't all play, so if you put Sane in, who costs 9.5m there is a chance he will be bench warming for 25% of the season and that really applies to all City's attacking midfielders, He can't play them all!!

You could put Ali in for the same money and you can bet he will play every game he is fit to play in.

So I won't be picking any this year, the ones I had last year did very well for me but they played week in week out, that can't happen this year and I can't risk losing the points.

Bye the bye, I was very supprised  to see that Sterling has only been chosen by about 3% of fantasy team managers so far last time I looked, is that because of his world cup goal drought? he was normally well over 25% last season!! Or do the punters see him as the one who is going to play the least games, does he play the same position as Mahrez?

Anyway,  your thoughts would be appreciated

2 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

But here is the dilema.

How do you pick a midfield when you know if you pick City players they may not play?

There are so many stars in the attacking midfield they can't all play, so if you put Sane in, who costs 9.5m there is a chance he will be bench warming for 25% of the season and that really applies to all City's attacking midfielders, He can't play them all!!

You could put Ali in for the same money and you can bet he will play every game he is fit to play in.

So I won't be picking any this year, the ones I had last year did very well for me but they played week in week out, that can't happen this year and I can't risk losing the points.

Bye the bye, I was very supprised  to see that Sterling has only been chosen by about 3% of fantasy team managers so far last time I looked, is that because of his world cup goal drought? he was normally well over 25% last season!! Or do the punters see him as the one who is going to play the least games, does he play the same position as Mahrez?

My thought ThaiPauly is Man City haven't finished yet so you may wish to hold off and pick Mbappe as your striking option.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

But here is the dilema.

Anticipating selection choices is all part of the game. A lot of the time you need to watch form carefully / make educated guesses.

If you are worried about whether Sane will start, you could choose a player more likely to start (maybe Mane for Liverpool, for example), and then watch to see if he is picked / begins to play well. IMO Mahrez will be given a few games, and Sterling is unlikely to be dropped, so there is a chance Sane could miss out. 

EDIT.... having said that Sterling's training is set to be a bit behind those two, as he played until the WC semi-final, whereas  Sane had the summer off, as did Mahrez. So it could be Mahrez and Sane to start.

Edited by RickG16
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

But here is the dilema.

The City conundrum is all part of the fun TP. City are spoilt for cash and keep investing in their midfield and could probably field 2 entirely different sides so you're gambling on who Pep's favourites will be. After the first week or so, de Bruyne will probably be the most reliable....but is he explosive enough? The wider players will be be more potent scorers but suffer from rotation. You have to throw Aguerro and Jesus into the mix as well!

As for Sterling, he is not popular this year as he is overpriced. Tough to squeeze into a midfield which includes Salah and choosing one out of those two is a no-brainer.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Its your wifes birthday and your on here trolling as per your daily usual....<deleted> take a day off, give us a break and take her out somewhere nice.

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Mahrez crocked? so that narrows things down a bit...transfer window still open though?

Not good news for the rest of us mate, they'll just spend another 60m (bargain) on a replacement and Mahrez will be fully fit in a short while culminating in their bench looking stronger than most first elevens in the league.  Thats the way they roll, and all in full compliance of course.?

29 minutes ago, carmine said:

Not good news for the rest of us mate, they'll just spend another 60m (bargain) on a replacement and Mahrez will be fully fit in a short while culminating in their bench looking stronger than most first elevens in the league.  Thats the way they roll, and all in full compliance of course.?

They can afford it carms cos they are a much bigger club than us and far far better run innit.

26 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

They can afford it carms cos they are a much bigger club than us and far far better run innit.

Its impressive to see a club that self generates such vast revenues run so impeccably...i doff my cap to them.

4 hours ago, wilai said:

The City conundrum is all part of the fun TP. City are spoilt for cash and keep investing in their midfield and could probably field 2 entirely different sides so you're gambling on who Pep's favourites will be. After the first week or so, de Bruyne will probably be the most reliable....but is he explosive enough? The wider players will be be more potent scorers but suffer from rotation. You have to throw Aguerro and Jesus into the mix as well!

As for Sterling, he is not popular this year as he is overpriced. Tough to squeeze into a midfield which includes Salah and choosing one out of those two is a no-brainer.:thumbsup:

Salah should be classed as a forward IMO....

I think nobody has Sterling now as he might be unlikely to start the season. With Mahrez in the mix it looks less likely that Pep will play both Jesus and Aguero like he did last season at times. Always tempted by Aguero.. will probably give Kane a miss to start with. 

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Its your wifes birthday and your on here trolling as per your daily usual....<deleted> take a day off, give us a break and take her out somewhere nice.

Guessing your a sad lonely single as you don't  seem to know how married life works; the wife and i were sat chilling, drinking champagne (been out for lunch already, she was in her Facebook world, i was in my football  world, and that's  how it works saddo.

On 7/29/2018 at 8:59 AM, carmine said:

Its impressive to see a club that self generates such vast revenues run so impeccably...i doff my cap to them.

That wasn't a troll, it was blatant cynicism. Theres a big difference.  

11 minutes ago, carmine said:

That wasn't a troll, it was blatant cynicism. Theres a big difference.  

Whatever you may try to describe it as, if we had posted something similar on the Spurs thread you would have accused us of trolling

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Whatever you may try to describe it as, if we had posted something similar on the Spurs thread you would have accused us of trolling

But you couldn't could you because we spend from what we generate, much to the annoyance of supporters of clubs that don't.  I feel the same way about the likes of PSG  btw and long for the day when FIFA grow a pair and start acting in the best interests of the game rather than playing at it.  So don't for one minutes think i'm playing at trolling because i'm not, i'm saying it as it is.

Trolling is coming onto a thread and making purile post like "where do you think you'll finish" weeks before the season has started.  

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^We see things very differently if you think posing the question "where do you think you'll finish?" on a football forum is trolling.

Oh, is that the time..........................

32 minutes ago, carmine said:

But you couldn't could you because we spend from what we generate, much to the annoyance of supporters of clubs that don't. 

Your being paranoid. I haven't heard anybody even caring how you generate your money. Your owner runs a tight ship and good luck to him but if you think our club isn't well run, then your jealousy is clouding your rationale