In Penang now and nobody is getting a Education Visa, even a tourist visa is a big mess.

Well i think it is good to inform people about what is going on as many people want to know, i am just using this forum to inform. If this is bad and the negative people want to post silly things, then up to them..

Forums are to keep people informed.

see post # 13 as mario says new rules came about more than 2 months ago, if you are going to

dodge the rules and employ loopholes you had better make sure you are at least aware of the rules

and any changes, sorry no sympathy for visa dodgers..............................

• Like 1

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i think it is good to inform people about what is going on as many people want to know, i am just using this forum to inform. If this is bad and the negative people want to post silly things, then up to them..

see post # 13 as mario says new rules came about more than 2 months ago, if you are going to

dodge the rules and employ loopholes you had better make sure you are at least aware of the rules

and any changes, sorry no sympathy for visa dodgers..............................

"sorry no sympathy for visa dodgers" - ahhhh, these people were/are actually trying to get a visa.

Isn't a "visa dodger" an "overstayer" - therefore, no visa at all?

It's technically dodging having a visa under false pretences.

Cheating the system is great when in your favor but don't whine when it comes to a close.

• Like 1

"sorry no sympathy for visa dodgers" - ahhhh, these people were/are actually trying to get a visa.

The people being discussed on this thread are, in the majority, dodging obtaining the correct

visa they require to legally stay in the country, you should know nkm you are one of them, why

else would you boast of having 2 passports and using different embassies when you go out on

your 90 day skirmishes? Please don't play the under fifty card, you of all people know what the

rules are but you still continue to dodge obtaining the correct visa.

Please don't get me wrong what you do and how you do it is entirely up to you but please don't

come on here complaining if or when it all goes wrong for you.........................

Edited by phuketjock

The people being discussed on this thread are, in the majority, dodging obtaining the correct

visa they require to legally stay in the country, you should know nkm you are one of them, why

else would you boast of having 2 passports and using different embassies when you go out on

your 90 day skirmishes? Please don't play the under fifty card, you of all people know what the

Please don't get me wrong what you do and how you do it is entirely up to you but please don't

come on here complaining if or when it all goes wrong for you.........................

I do not boast about having two passports. I consider myself fortunate to have two passports.

As far as using different Thai Embassies, that's not to deceive Thai Immigration. I have come to make some friends in different cities in neighbouring countries, so I'm happy to visit.

As for "please don't play the under fifty card" - as mentioned to HG, can you tell me, in fact, I challenge you to tell me, if an individual is under 50 years of age, self funded, does not own a business here, doesn't work here and is not married to a Thai - what visa do YOU suggest for them?

Exploitations always gets closed.

All these visa holders knew the grey areas of this visa. Accept it and get legal instead of moaning about it.

Many criminals use this visa to stay long term and work illegally. Good job keeping the country a little bit cleaner.

Sent from my LG-D858

Totally silly. In a country where the rules are under the table now suddenly says we are enforcing the other rules. You can bet the real criminal element will simply overstay. It is like saying no more guns and expecting the criminals to comply.

Edited by losworld
  • Like 2

I do not boast about having two passports. I consider myself fortunate to have two passports.

As far as using different Thai Embassies, that's not to deceive Thai Immigration. I have come to make some friends in different cities in neighbouring countries, so I'm happy to visit.

As for "please don't play the under fifty card" - as mentioned to HG, can you tell me, in fact, I challenge you to tell me, if an individual is under 50 years of age, self funded, does not own a business here, doesn't work here and is not married to a Thai - what visa do YOU suggest for them?

How about the Thai elite card, I am sure you can afford half a mil for a one year stay??

If you are staying here on a tourist visa and you are not a tourist then you are obtaining

a visa under false pretences, end of...............

Edited by phuketjock
  • Like 2

All these visa holders knew the grey areas of this visa. Accept it and get legal instead of moaning about it.

Many criminals use this visa to stay long term and work illegally. Good job keeping the country a little bit cleaner.

Sent from my LG-D858

Totally silly. In a country where the rules are under the table now suddenly says we are enforcing the other rules.

Warnings went out two months ago about the changes to the requirements. We're you too busy working illegally to take notice?

Its up to you to follow up, they won't as you can see.

They can change the rules as they please as they did when the loophole opened.

How about the Thai elite card, I am sure you can afford half a mil for a one year stay??

It's actually 500k and you get 5 year visa multi entry with diplomatic lane privilege.

I don't have one but I might do soon as I know someone who just renewed and got another 5 years.

• Like 1

Sent from my LG-D858

Totally silly. In a country where the rules are under the table now suddenly says we are enforcing the other rules. You can bet the real criminal element will simply overstay. It is like saying no more guns and expecting the criminals to comply. Wake up.

on my last visa run I met a farang man who had previously over stayed twice, once for a year and the second time for 3 years, he only had to pay 20000 baht on exit each time... but he dare not risk overstaying now for fear of being blacklisted....

my next border run is to KL and back the same day, I will make sure I have 20000 baht in my pocket...

It's actually 500k and you get 5 year visa multi entry with diplomatic lane privilege.

I don't have one but I might do soon as I know someone who just renewed and got another 5 years.

There you go NKM it's only 100k per year and you are legal, but why do I think you will

have another excuse ready as to why you cannot do things the legal way????

There you go NKM it's only 100k per year and you are legal, but why do I think you will

Its less than that if you plan to stay decades. It's renewable for life pending they don't just uproot the program one day.

Its less than that if you plan to stay decades. It's renewable for life pending they don't just uproot the program one day.

Hans - are you saying people can renew after 5 years without paying another 500K ?

Hans - are you saying people can renew after 5 years without paying another 500K ?
Not now no.

Entry only is 500k for 5 years. My friend has the 20 year one but paid way less than the 2 million baht for 20 years today.

I'm just saying it's renewable and it isn't a shaft like many people believe this program would be.

I think 100k a year is very reasonable in the grand scheme of things.

Elite card

Based on the Elite program site it is valid for 5 years so you would need to renew at expiration for another 500k. Or get a 20 year one for 2M. http://www.thailandelite.com/glimpse.php

post-566-0-67265600-1413810420_thumb.jpg

# phuketjock

I can afford it, and that's not boasting, but the last scheme went broke. That doesn't really inspire confidence, does it?

Therefore, I see the Thai Elite Card scheme as risk, and one that I am not prepared to take, not to mention, I don't like being pushed into a scam by Thai authorities.

As mentioned before, I have no ties here. If I'm out - no problem. I'm not complaining. I have prepared for that event, should it happen. I'll come back for a few months a year, and reconsider my position when I'm 50 years of age.

I knew you would say the Thai Elite Card, because there is nothing else. That's why I say, "pushed into a scam."

Believe me, I have looked at every single visa on offer. There are visas for playing sport here etc etc - I meet none of the criteria required for any of them, yet, can meet all the financials required for the retirement visa.

Other than the Thai Elite Card, can you suggest one of the many visas that I, and many others, including those stuck in Penang, as we speak, should be applying for?

I don't consider myself as an "undesirable" for Thailand, although many may say I'm an "undesirable" for this forum. smile.png

If I'm not welcome here - fine. I think the system I am using will be fine, but I have prepared for being rejected.

It only went broke and some privileges were pulled. That's it.

The visa part has always been in tact.

My friend done his first 5 years done and renewed without showing his face. Sent his passport to elite and they did the rest.

• Like 1

"It's renewable for life pending they don't just uproot the program one day." - who are the "they" you are referring to? Thailand hasn't even got a Government at the moment.

It's an unstable country. Who knows what will happen here.

When's the last time Thailand has ever done anything for the benefit of farang here?

"uproot the program one day" - definately a possibility.

• Like 1

"It's renewable for life pending they don't just uproot the program one day." - who are the "they" you are referring to? Thailand hasn't even got a Government at the moment.

It's an unstable country. Who knows what will happen here.

When's the last time Thailand has ever done anything for the benefit of farang here?

"uproot the program one day" - definately a possibility.

It survived massive losses since 2003 and it's still here. Two coups and guess what, it's still here.

It's not going anywhere as people are buying in. Many people.

Think about this for a second.

My friend scuba dives and works instructing. It costs him 6000 baht a month to maintain his work permit and jump through all the hoops that goes with that.

On the other hand, for a little over 8000 baht a month you can have this elite card and no hassles at immigration or yearly visits.

It's well worth the 500k.

# phuketjock

I can afford it, and that's not boasting, but the last scheme went broke. That doesn't really inspire confidence, does it?

Therefore, I see the Thai Elite Card scheme as risk, and one that I am not prepared to take, not to mention, I don't like being pushed into a scam by Thai authorities.

As mentioned before, I have no ties here. If I'm out - no problem. I'm not complaining. I have prepared for that event, should it happen. I'll come back for a few months a year, and reconsider my position when I'm 50 years of age.

I knew you would say the Thai Elite Card, because there is nothing else. That's why I say, "pushed into a scam."

Believe me, I have looked at every single visa on offer. There are visas for playing sport here etc etc - I meet none of the criteria required for any of them, yet, can meet all the financials required for the retirement visa.

Other than the Thai Elite Card, can you suggest one of the many visas that I, and many others, including those stuck in Penang, as we speak, should be applying for?

I don't consider myself as an "undesirable" for Thailand, although many may say I'm an "undesirable" for this forum. smile.png

If I'm not welcome here - fine. I think the system I am using will be fine, but I have prepared for being rejected.

My friend done his first 5 years done and renewed without showing his face. Sent his passport to elite and they did the rest.

Sure, but I can see the headline now - "Elite Card scheme canceled because criminals using it to stay in Thailand." :)

I mean, everyone under 50 years of age with an Elite Card MUST be working in Thailand illegally, right? cheesy.gif

Can't you see the hiprocrisy?

• Like 2

# phuketjock

Sure, but I can see the headline now - "Elite Card scheme canceled because criminals using it to stay in Thailand." :)

I mean, everyone under 50 years of age with an Elite Card MUST be working in Thailand illegally, right? cheesy.gif

Can't you see the hiprocrisy?

Did you read the application?

It's not as simple as paying and getting the card. It's an application and you need a police check and other requirements.

Please click the link I posted a few posts ago and get educated about it before writing it off.

Are the same checks in place for education visas?

Russian girls studying dancing. Hahaha

Edited by hansgruber

It's my understanding you can't work here on the Elite Card.

I could be wrong, but I didn't read it was a long term visa and work permit, rolled into one.

He's not doing "underwater tour guiding" is he? If so, Thailand needs to get rid of these criminals working illegaly here. biggrin.png

I was using it as an example of costs.

Being legit costs money obviously without the redtape.

I was using it as an example of costs.

Being legit costs money obviously without the redtape.

"Being legit costs money obviously without the redtape.: - hey, I am "legit" and without a lot of "redtape." I am not a criminal. I am not working here illegally.

If the day comes when I am rejected, I will not complain. I am prepared for it. I'm actually expecting it.

Seriously, it's no problem for me.

I will not pay for an Elite Card, in the same way I would walk home through a typhoon, before I would give a tuk-tuk 1 baht. They are both scams to me. smile.png

You're obviously a cheapskate then if you can't see the value in the card and there is no point discussing this further.

Maybe your the criminal and are afraid to apply because of the police check.

Goodnight to you good sir.

Edited by hansgruber