In Penang now and nobody is getting a Education Visa, even a tourist visa is a big mess.

I am in Penang in a broker agents for visas. He gets something like 100 people a day asking for visas at this time of year. It is utter chaos!!!. The new rules just arrive on Friday and all the paper work the potential education visa hunters are applying for are being rejected!

So next step is a tourist visa as they have belongings in Thailand and need to go back to collect. They need 20,000 bht to show at the border to state that they can stay one month in Thailand. So Western Union is in full swing! Those without WN are asking other people on the bus for a loan until they get over the border. This is utter madness. In 15 years i have never seen anything like this.

WOW people are crying.......

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What new rules

So the statement is like this

Certify Letter from school, study time table, all must have Endorsed by Education Department Starting from 20th October.

I am lucky i do not need this kind of visa, but i must say that the people here were not informed before they left Thailand and some with limited resources. Very sad for some people.

Now it gets worse. There is so much chaos at the embassy that the passports are not coming back. The busses are waiting to take people back the th passports are not coming back. The say the embassy has closed its doors until 4.30???

It's good to tighten these rules.

It was a free for all and kept the drifters in.

Hopefully some will give up and get out.

Muay Thai training shouldn't be suitable for this visa.

Sent from my LG-D858

I do not really understand the education visa but at the end of day, can they please inform people in advance... anyway i know already this will not happen

There is so much going on here , nobody got their passports back and the immigration did not open this afternoon. Now they just announced that they will change the rules again and you can get your education visa in thailand in future. This must have been very stressful for everyone in the visa office here

• Like 1

There is so much going on here , nobody got their passports back and the immigration did not open this afternoon. Now they just announced that they will change the rules again and you can get your education visa in thailand in future. This must have been very stressful for everyone in the visa office here

they say that there are hundreds of people waiting outside the closed embassy here

Exploitations always gets closed.

All these visa holders knew the grey areas of this visa. Accept it and get legal instead of moaning about it.

Many criminals use this visa to stay long term and work illegally. Good job keeping the country a little bit cleaner.

Sent from my LG-D858

How are these people not legal if they have a ED visa and studying Thai. It would be illegal if they had no Visa.

Its the Thai people who created this illegally Teaching Market not people on Ed visas.

"Good job keeping the country a little bit cleaner." xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png B.S

It was a loophole that many used to stay whilst “studying“.

Maybe a few are legit students but a majority were not.

I never said they were illegal. I said get legal to the new rules.

I'm glad this hole is closing. Too many scum on this island.

Sent from my LG-D858

Edited by hansgruber

Why not use creditcards?

Where you ever young and excited to travel?

I do not buy this argument. I got my first creditcard when i start to work and this was with the age of 16. Most of them do not care and have no coverage for things like this or accidents.

So they have to pay the price for their actions.

By the way I would give my children a creditcard for emergency when they are abroad.